Kingfisher Bar & Grill
2564 E. Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85716Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kingfisher Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kingfishertucson.com/
- Phone: 5203237739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Green Room will accommodate up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Offered Monday and Saturday night from 9pm to midnight. Jazz format.
A word from Kingfisher Bar & Grill
Kingfisher is an American Grill specializing in fresh Seafood. Menu changes seasonally. Winner of Wine Spectators Award of Excellence. Lunch Dinner, Late night. A local favorite for 14 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Kingfisher Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Kingfisher Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (39)late-night find (28)notable wine list (25)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Waste of MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014I was promptly seated and the waitress started with drinks. We ordered oysters Rockefeller, and lobster bisque to start. The bisque tasted watered down and the oysters needed a serious cleaning. 2 of 3 of the first 3 had sand and pieces of shell. The main course was their macadamia crusted Ono and Seabass. The Ono was overlooked and dry and the macadamia crust was burnt and ruined the fish. The sweet potatoes chips were over cooked and the Seabass was charred black. The Seabass was moist inside but the black exterior was off putting. When the waitress asked how things were I mentioned the problems and she responded with " the macadamia crust is usually toasty ". Whatever that meant. No offer to correct the problem. Never again
- Remains our favorite spotGregSVIPDined on 9/4/2014We so enjoy going to Kingfisher because we always know the service will be excellent, the food beyond reproach and we can count on wonderful evening. They didn't let us down. I've said it before if you don't try at least one of their specials you'll be missing out. Of course my old stand by of the steamed mussels had to be ordered and were thoroughly enjoyed. The broth is to die for, make certain you have plenty of bread for "sopping".Special Features:
- Love this placeMceeeeDined on 8/26/2014Kingfisher is one of Tucson's best restaurants hands-down. Fresh seafood, classic dishes and creative specials plus great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher's wonderfultimetodineDined on 8/24/2014Another celebration and we enjoyed ourselves very much at Kingfisher. The bar men are very knowledgeable and service was attentive. We started with the steamed clams, and wine. As far as the dinning, the food is a fun fest in your mouth with a southwestern flair! The venison chop was perfectly cooked and the same with the scallops and sea bass. This is a wonderful place to enjoy fantastic food and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher RestaurantDinnerImpressionsDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant had a nice comfortable feel, and was surprisingly quiet. Several of us had the New England clam chowder and were expecting a mouth watering delight. It turned out to be disappointing--watery and tasteless. We mentioned this to our server, and later were pleased to learn that we were not charged for it. On the other hand, the fish entrees were very good. Also, several of us had the cheesecake for desert, and that was excellent. We mentioned that this was a birthday celebration, and surprisingly were not charged for the desert for the birthday honoree. Service was a little slow at times, but the staff were all friendly. I will definitely go back there sometime in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!eggypannDined on 8/22/2014Have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. They also have a late happy hour which is perfect for after theatre gatherings. Food and service ALWAYS top-notch. Great (really fresh) seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was very good. We went for a special occasion and the staff was most helpful in surprising my parents with an anniversay cake. Easy to work with, would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening celebrationtucdinerDined on 8/7/2014The staff of Kingfisher was accommodating and friendly--but not to the point of annoyance. It's a bit dark and hard to read the menus, but the food was outstanding and ambience inviting and quieter than many restaurants. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Our Dinner MeetingMark62FoodieDined on 8/7/2014I needed a central Tucson location for a business dinner. They were able to put our party in a quiet area of the restaurant, which greatly helped the conversation that evening. The wait staff was attentive, while understanding our need to discuss some critical issues. The food was absolutely top notch, with the seafood being the star. It is tough to get decent seafood in Tucson, but everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Also, complements to the pastry chef, for her fabulous desserts. A real restaurant treasure in central Tucson. Mark G.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JOHNDined on 8/5/2014Very nice restaurant with a great menu and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, wine and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately it wasn't the best this time. I had the swordfish and it was just warm. The plate looked like I could have done it at home. My husband had the meatpie special and it was pretty boring and again the presentation was just ok. The saving grace of the night was the wonderful trout appetizer....we have it every time. I will try Kingfisher again. Everyone has a off night and this was just ok this time. I am sure next time it will be wonderful just like all the other times. I do recomend Kingfisher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher superior food & serviceLH911SDined on 7/30/2014Visited Kingfisher this week to celebrate a birthday. Everyone ordered a different dish and all were excellent. Attentive server, good service and reasonable prices. Always has been a reliable place for an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nets full of delicious fun!!evieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Hope you have a big appetite because the portions are generous. People are still coming in by the droves. Food was delicious and current. Atmosphere is great. We had a party of 4 and everyone had something different.Special Features:
- Extraordinary service and foodVandraVIPDined on 7/25/2014Kingfisher is a wonderful restaurant whose servers make you feel valued and special. You'll forget you're in the desert as you dine on succulent seafood. The salmon, sea bass and Hawaiian fish are all great bets. The wine list is all American, but it's well-chosen and not too pricey. Check out the two daily happy hours with half-priced shellfish and drink specials. The intimate atmosphere and high-end feel will make this a favoriteof yours if it isn't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!JellybeanDined on 7/24/2014I am never disappointed at Kingfisher. We celebrate many special milestones here, and everything is always top notch!Special Features:
- Dependable FRESH fish!maderapamDined on 7/20/2014It's hard to find "fresh" fish here, which means fish that's never-been-frozen. This is one of only a tiny handful of places that you can depend upon for such a treat. It's always good. Always attentive but not stuffy. Oysters Rockefeller, their fresh Hawaiian fish of the day, the fish and chips, the new shrimp ceviche, the oysters on the half shell, the chowder, the salmon are among the super entrees. In fact, we've never had anything that wasn't very good. Just ask them for their opinion on what's the freshest entree and just get it.Special Features:
- Outstanding!NutrnlMtblcDined on 7/20/2014Food, service, ambience, and noise level were all perfect for a romantic dinner meal.Special Features:
- Southern Splendorxdrfgrgxrtb9Dined on 7/19/2014We wanted to experience the summer road trip menus that Kingfisher offered and this was a grand experience. The food was splendid, but the service was even more outstanding. We would definitely recommend this beautiful spot to others and we'll be heading back there too. Our table host, Matthew was magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kingfiaherMGPHAASVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always great seafood here I needed my seafood fix and this is where I come !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseKateDined on 7/18/2014We have lived in Tucson for 12 years and somehow have never been to this restaurant before. The service was the best I think I've had in Tucson. Attentive, knowledgable and unobtrusive. Food was delicious and the chance to have Littleneck Clams and oysters took me far from the desert. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Road trip selectionslynnDined on 7/18/2014Our summer road trip options were very good; not much for vegans but well prepared food and nice spice levelSpecial Features:
- Kingfisher Never DisappointsGregSVIPDined on 7/17/2014We're always anxious for a good meal when we head to the Kingfisher. Each time I try to order one of their specials, which makes the experience much more fun. Completely enjoyed the fried catfish this time.My wife tends to pick something off of their standard menu. She has a few dietary restrictions which the chef always manages to accommodate, no matter the request. Think of Sally in the movie "Harry met Sally". In any event we're always satisfied and leave feeling we've had another wonderful experience. Although their buttermilk pie dessert special wasn't my favorite, it none the less was tasty.Special Features:
- are you in a hurry?miamomVIPDined on 6/28/2014It was our first visit to Kingfisher. We enjoy the sister restaurant, Blue Fin, closer to our home. The cocktails were generous, the food was quite good although we would have expected more than two tomato slices in the Heirloom tomato salad. Our only complaint was that the service was TOO speeedy! We felt rushed. The staff was very nice and eager to please.Special Features:
- Wine selection & food are excellantAndyD7091Dined on 6/28/2014This resturant is our favorte - We dine out quite alot and Kingfisher is by far the best in Tucson --- That includes the higher end resturants around the foothills....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillitaDined on 6/27/2014Consistently good, I think the best seafood in Tucson!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014My fish was burnt and unacceptable. No offer to remove from my bill. I will not return for dinner again.
- Slightly Below ParCLJAKOVIPDined on 6/21/2014While the service, across the board, was great, the food was not the usual "great." We always love Kingfisher for both the quality of the fish and the quality of preparation, etc. It was only 3-star instead of the usual 5-star. The perch special was not very crispy for a pan-fried version and the walleye special was,... well,...nothing special. Wine list is very good with all varietals well-represented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodGracieMayDined on 6/15/2014Our server was very helpful and explained the entrees. The food was excellent. We are fortunate that we can get such great seafood here in the desert of Tucson. The James Bond Martini was perfect for this first time martini drinker.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Perfect manhattan, good choices on the northwest menu, attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Great fooderockDined on 6/13/2014A little loud but the food was great. Best Seabass I've ever had. The service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafooodgeekDined on 6/12/2014remains a Tucson gem. for a Northwester, the seafood is tearfully good. Kitchen staff excellent, Murph presides well, service and ambience is always excellent. Don't change the decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in serviceNicknameDined on 6/8/2014We have been to Kingfisher many times but have to say have noticed service is suffering recently. It took over 15 minutes to get a drink order upon being seated and finally had to flag down a water boy to get our waiter. We had to ask several different servers for various items - our waiter was nowhere to be found. Hopefully this is an anomaly and not a trend. We will try Kingfisher again and hope the normally fine and attentive service is restored.Special Features:
- Kingfisher NEVER ceases to impressKingfisherFanDined on 6/3/2014Kingfisher has friendly staff that go above and beyond for their clients, especially their regulars, like me. I arrived this last time, with a reservation for my favorite booth. The hostess explained that typically they don't do reservations for that booth, in the bar area, but they did it for me because they didn't want me to show up to my reservation and it not be there. They clearly know customer service, and a graceful way to educate their clients, while giving them what they want. The food, the NY steak was simply delectable, and their accompanying spinach mashed potatoes are just as amazing. They make a great, "Old Fashioned" every time, and their cabernets; Ladera and Paripaso, are both amazing. Still my favorite spot in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner-SummerChaos123Dined on 6/2/2014The food was well prepared however not in love with the menu change which appears to be more summer oriented. Did not care for the squid with the summer prep. It was my entree, so was pretty disappointed. Would come back, however.Special Features:
- A Tucson ClassicdoozyDined on 6/1/2014Nothing beats a special meal at Kingfisher (we just celebrated our 32nd anniversary there) or simply stopping by any time, at the bar or in the dining room, to enjoy a congenial atmosphere with great food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PossibilitiesseafooddivineDined on 5/24/2014The food was decent. Great service. We were there for a family dinner. The food was definitely over priced, especially for the area. It would be good for a romantic night or special occasion.Special Features:
- nopeDined on 5/23/2014Too dark, too loud. Very disappointed in the food. Service was great.
- HonusDined on 5/20/2014Room temperature was far too cold, but otherwise great.Special Features:
- The following 546 reviews are from the Kingfisher Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Takes you back...MattinArizonaDined on 5/18/2014You can almost picture Frank and Dean sitting in the corner booth having a couple of Old Fashions. The NY steak is perfect and their Ahi tuna special is the best in town. Not really a place to bring a large family and it's not particularly "kid friendly" but it is the perfect place to take that special someone for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinnerGVFoodLoverDined on 5/17/2014Excellent service and good food. Menu has good variety. Waiter was attentive and courteous. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features: