Kingfisher Bar & Grill
2564 E. Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85716Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kingfisher Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kingfishertucson.com/
- Phone: 5203237739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Green Room will accommodate up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Offered Monday and Saturday night from 9pm to midnight. Jazz format.
A word from Kingfisher Bar & Grill
Kingfisher is an American Grill specializing in fresh Seafood. Menu changes seasonally. Winner of Wine Spectators Award of Excellence. Lunch Dinner, Late night. A local favorite for 14 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Kingfisher Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Kingfisher Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (60)special occasion (51)romantic (44)good for groups (31)late-night find (30)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Still Going StrongDougTucsonDined on 10/18/2014Kingfisher has been a staple in this town for a long time and it still does a good job. Probably will not win awards for food, but the quality remains fine and service is competent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish in TucsonBrianVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ate there a few days ago and I still smile thinking of our meal- excellent fish and chips, outstanding Hawaiian fish, perfectly mixed cocktails and efficient, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything ordered was perfecthappyDined on 10/15/2014Lobster bisque, spinach salad, baby back ribs, and the sourdough bread were all excellent. Service was lacking with only a few tables occupied. The water glass also had lipstick residue. When staff member was informed, he grabbed another glass off a nearby table that had been set. Didn't inspect the new glass, filled it with water, and served it to me. Upon inspection...glass had a large thumb print on the lip from where the staff member had grabbed it. Didn't worry about the water because waiter had brought the ice tea I ordered and didn't mishandle the glass. Even with the water issue the food was awesome. I would eat there again. Just keep your eye on the beverage glasses and enjoy the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner and serviceTucsonfoodieDined on 10/11/2014We've been to Kingfisher before, but its important to review this local gem. The food is excellent and the service just as good. Its a bit noisy, but not bad. Seafood is ALWAYS delicious. Wine list is very extensive.Special Features:
- Too busy to bus tablesMattinArizonaDined on 10/10/2014We arrived with a reservation and expected to be seated at a booth per the usual (due to having made reservations beforehand). On this particular night, we were ushered to a table that was jammed up by a post only because the staff had not cleared five of the empty booths. There was only one other couple waiting at the time we arrived and the reservation list included just one other party after us. To say the least, we were disappointed. On a high note, the food was great, as it always is, and the wait staff was amazing. Even though I had to sit in the lane (where the waiters serve the back booths), we made the best of it. The current raw oyster prices are a bit ridiculous at $30+ for a mixed dozen but they were delicious nonetheless.Special Features:
- Group of 6KevinMcGillDined on 10/8/2014We were greeted and promptly and comfortably seated. The service and food were excellent. Made for a wonderful night out with friends.Special Features:
- Always goodmaderapamDined on 10/7/2014It's always very good here. The fish is adorably fresh (not "fresh-frozen"), and the service is friendly and gentle, and the ambiance is quiet enough to hear each other talk. We often get the Hawaiian fish of the day, but this time the flounder-like special was, well, special. Oysters (raw or Rockefeller) are usually excellent. Cocktails are made correctly and not overly diluted, and the wine selection by the glass is decent. Nothing to not like about this place. It's not very adventurous, to be sure, but very dependable. Our go-to fish place when we're in town.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceironDined on 10/4/2014Huge surprise after driving up to an old looking restaurant and then stepping inside to a vibrant, modern look. The server was superb and the food was fantastic! Great experience for us on a mid-week anniversary excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablestxdesertgirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food at Kingfisher is consistently good. I always enjoy eating there. The experience might have been better if the waitress wasn't such a sour puss. My friend and I had not seen each other in quite a while so we were busy talking. We told the wait person we were not in rush to order. After that, she kept giving us dirty looks. After receiving our meals, she didn't come over to ask how the meals were until we were almost finished. My friend's food was undercooked, but we could not get our wait person's attention. I finally asked a bus person to please find our waitress.Special Features:
- A wonderful experiencemccammonsDined on 10/2/2014We made reservations at the Kingfisher for our 30th anniversary because of prior experoiences there. The food was wonderful and Sampson was a great server.Special Features:
- BirthdayVinceDined on 9/29/2014The food was outstanding and the service as well, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surgin' on sturgeonjustinfactsDined on 9/29/2014Kingfisher's is notable to me for its consistency. I've been going there for over a decade now and then, and have never had anything but a great meal. I had the sturgeon, which was a special that night. Really enjoyed it. I also recommend the smoked duck appetizer (listed under 'oyster bar'). I appreciate the fact that groups (we were five) can hear each other across the tables, even given a busy night in the restaurant, which is surprisingly rare in Tucson. The waiter was a bit intrusive at times, but overall the service was competent. The wine list is unexceptional, but there is an amazing list of tequilas and scotch whiskey.Special Features:
- Kingfisher is Topsjane73Dined on 9/27/2014We spent a quiet Saturday early dinner before heading to another event. Sampson was our efficient server and kept watch over us in his quiet manner. My salmon was wonderful as was my husbands steak. We each had one of Marianne's decedent desserts, as we know her and know what her desserts taste like! It is fun to splurge once in awhile and Kingfisher is a great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!labrisaphotographyDined on 9/23/2014I thought the service was absolutely fantastic! Friendly, communicative and attentive. The food was solid. I didn't find the menu particularly inventive, but the execution of the menu was spot-on. The only negative was one of our diners had an overcooked steak; otherwise, everything else was delivered as described. Our server (he never offered us his name), was absolutely fantastic. Even though the restaurant was slow, he handled our 6-top as if we were his only table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of MoneyBizfoodieDined on 9/13/2014I was promptly seated and the waitress started with drinks. We ordered oysters Rockefeller, and lobster bisque to start. The bisque tasted watered down and the oysters needed a serious cleaning. 2 of 3 of the first 3 had sand and pieces of shell. The main course was their macadamia crusted Ono and Seabass. The Ono was overlooked and dry and the macadamia crust was burnt and ruined the fish. The sweet potatoes chips were over cooked and the Seabass was charred black. The Seabass was moist inside but the black exterior was off putting. When the waitress asked how things were I mentioned the problems and she responded with " the macadamia crust is usually toasty ". Whatever that meant. No offer to correct the problem. Never again
- Remains our favorite spotGregSVIPDined on 9/4/2014We so enjoy going to Kingfisher because we always know the service will be excellent, the food beyond reproach and we can count on wonderful evening. They didn't let us down. I've said it before if you don't try at least one of their specials you'll be missing out. Of course my old stand by of the steamed mussels had to be ordered and were thoroughly enjoyed. The broth is to die for, make certain you have plenty of bread for "sopping".Special Features:
- Love this placeMceeeeDined on 8/26/2014Kingfisher is one of Tucson's best restaurants hands-down. Fresh seafood, classic dishes and creative specials plus great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher's wonderfultimetodineDined on 8/24/2014Another celebration and we enjoyed ourselves very much at Kingfisher. The bar men are very knowledgeable and service was attentive. We started with the steamed clams, and wine. As far as the dinning, the food is a fun fest in your mouth with a southwestern flair! The venison chop was perfectly cooked and the same with the scallops and sea bass. This is a wonderful place to enjoy fantastic food and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher RestaurantDinnerImpressionsDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant had a nice comfortable feel, and was surprisingly quiet. Several of us had the New England clam chowder and were expecting a mouth watering delight. It turned out to be disappointing--watery and tasteless. We mentioned this to our server, and later were pleased to learn that we were not charged for it. On the other hand, the fish entrees were very good. Also, several of us had the cheesecake for desert, and that was excellent. We mentioned that this was a birthday celebration, and surprisingly were not charged for the desert for the birthday honoree. Service was a little slow at times, but the staff were all friendly. I will definitely go back there sometime in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!eggypannDined on 8/22/2014Have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. They also have a late happy hour which is perfect for after theatre gatherings. Food and service ALWAYS top-notch. Great (really fresh) seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was very good. We went for a special occasion and the staff was most helpful in surprising my parents with an anniversay cake. Easy to work with, would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening celebrationtucdinerDined on 8/7/2014The staff of Kingfisher was accommodating and friendly--but not to the point of annoyance. It's a bit dark and hard to read the menus, but the food was outstanding and ambience inviting and quieter than many restaurants. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Our Dinner MeetingMark62FoodieDined on 8/7/2014I needed a central Tucson location for a business dinner. They were able to put our party in a quiet area of the restaurant, which greatly helped the conversation that evening. The wait staff was attentive, while understanding our need to discuss some critical issues. The food was absolutely top notch, with the seafood being the star. It is tough to get decent seafood in Tucson, but everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Also, complements to the pastry chef, for her fabulous desserts. A real restaurant treasure in central Tucson. Mark G.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JOHNDined on 8/5/2014Very nice restaurant with a great menu and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, wine and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately it wasn't the best this time. I had the swordfish and it was just warm. The plate looked like I could have done it at home. My husband had the meatpie special and it was pretty boring and again the presentation was just ok. The saving grace of the night was the wonderful trout appetizer....we have it every time. I will try Kingfisher again. Everyone has a off night and this was just ok this time. I am sure next time it will be wonderful just like all the other times. I do recomend Kingfisher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfisher superior food & serviceLH911SDined on 7/30/2014Visited Kingfisher this week to celebrate a birthday. Everyone ordered a different dish and all were excellent. Attentive server, good service and reasonable prices. Always has been a reliable place for an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nets full of delicious fun!!evieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Hope you have a big appetite because the portions are generous. People are still coming in by the droves. Food was delicious and current. Atmosphere is great. We had a party of 4 and everyone had something different.Special Features:
- Extraordinary service and foodVandraVIPDined on 7/25/2014Kingfisher is a wonderful restaurant whose servers make you feel valued and special. You'll forget you're in the desert as you dine on succulent seafood. The salmon, sea bass and Hawaiian fish are all great bets. The wine list is all American, but it's well-chosen and not too pricey. Check out the two daily happy hours with half-priced shellfish and drink specials. The intimate atmosphere and high-end feel will make this a favoriteof yours if it isn't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!JellybeanDined on 7/24/2014I am never disappointed at Kingfisher. We celebrate many special milestones here, and everything is always top notch!Special Features:
- Dependable FRESH fish!maderapamDined on 7/20/2014It's hard to find "fresh" fish here, which means fish that's never-been-frozen. This is one of only a tiny handful of places that you can depend upon for such a treat. It's always good. Always attentive but not stuffy. Oysters Rockefeller, their fresh Hawaiian fish of the day, the fish and chips, the new shrimp ceviche, the oysters on the half shell, the chowder, the salmon are among the super entrees. In fact, we've never had anything that wasn't very good. Just ask them for their opinion on what's the freshest entree and just get it.Special Features:
- Outstanding!NutrnlMtblcDined on 7/20/2014Food, service, ambience, and noise level were all perfect for a romantic dinner meal.Special Features:
- Southern Splendorxdrfgrgxrtb9Dined on 7/19/2014We wanted to experience the summer road trip menus that Kingfisher offered and this was a grand experience. The food was splendid, but the service was even more outstanding. We would definitely recommend this beautiful spot to others and we'll be heading back there too. Our table host, Matthew was magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kingfiaherMGPHAASVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always great seafood here I needed my seafood fix and this is where I come !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseKateDined on 7/18/2014We have lived in Tucson for 12 years and somehow have never been to this restaurant before. The service was the best I think I've had in Tucson. Attentive, knowledgable and unobtrusive. Food was delicious and the chance to have Littleneck Clams and oysters took me far from the desert. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Road trip selectionslynnDined on 7/18/2014Our summer road trip options were very good; not much for vegans but well prepared food and nice spice levelSpecial Features:
- Kingfisher Never DisappointsGregSVIPDined on 7/17/2014We're always anxious for a good meal when we head to the Kingfisher. Each time I try to order one of their specials, which makes the experience much more fun. Completely enjoyed the fried catfish this time.My wife tends to pick something off of their standard menu. She has a few dietary restrictions which the chef always manages to accommodate, no matter the request. Think of Sally in the movie "Harry met Sally". In any event we're always satisfied and leave feeling we've had another wonderful experience. Although their buttermilk pie dessert special wasn't my favorite, it none the less was tasty.Special Features:
- are you in a hurry?miamomVIPDined on 6/28/2014It was our first visit to Kingfisher. We enjoy the sister restaurant, Blue Fin, closer to our home. The cocktails were generous, the food was quite good although we would have expected more than two tomato slices in the Heirloom tomato salad. Our only complaint was that the service was TOO speeedy! We felt rushed. The staff was very nice and eager to please.Special Features:
- Wine selection & food are excellantAndyD7091Dined on 6/28/2014This resturant is our favorte - We dine out quite alot and Kingfisher is by far the best in Tucson --- That includes the higher end resturants around the foothills....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillitaDined on 6/27/2014Consistently good, I think the best seafood in Tucson!Special Features:
- The following 559 reviews are from the Kingfisher Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014My fish was burnt and unacceptable. No offer to remove from my bill. I will not return for dinner again.