Kingfish Grill and Tap House
3580 Ulmerton Rd
Pinellas Park, FL 33762Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kingfish Grill and Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thekingfishgrill.com/
- Phone: 7272026869
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert B. Uzzillia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Many options to choose from casual cocktail receptions to formal sit down dinners
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony 7272026869
A word from Kingfish Grill and Tap House
Kingfish Grill and Tap House is Tampa Bay"s newest upscale casual concept. We feature aged steaks, fresh seafood and a large selection of shellfish from boutique oysters to Dutch Harbor King Crab legs.The bar offers several signature cocktails and martini's, over 30 wines by the glass and 25 crafts, micros, and imports on tap. Kingfish grill is a full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. We also have several banquet options for groups of 10-50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kingfish Grill and Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant FindjerryDined on 5/9/2014Found this restaurant listed on Restaurant.com and decided to give it a try while on vacation in the area. The menu selections were above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keysfunVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not very impressed with the food at this restaurant. The service was not good. We think our waitress had too many tables and just was unable to handle it. I ordered one of the margaritas on their list, and I tasted lots of orange juice and also thought it had agave nectar in it which I'm not fond of, and asked them to make it without those ingredients, and I was told they did not put those ingredients in. If it says that it as those ingredients, why would they not go by their menu? It was strange. Sorry to say, we won't go back regardless.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/21/2014We were late for Dining in West Caost Florida as we pulled into Kingfish a bit after 9. There were a few diners at the bar and only one other table had people in the dining room. Our fish sandwiches came out piping hot, tasty along with genreous slices of perfectly ripe tomatoes and steaming hot fried potatos. Sandwiches were large portions and food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodRussell32Dined on 4/5/2014Food was wonderful, service was very good. Only issue was getting credit for the open table reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Great food, the sauce for the onion straws was amazing, filet was perfect, tuna and shrimp were delicious! Service was very good, have gone to this restaurant 5 times in 3 weeks!Special Features:
- MikeyVIPDined on 4/3/2014We had read reviews and ratings that said this was good. We were disappointed, the food and service were both spotty. It is connected to a hotel, which probably helps it stay in business, but we will not go back.
- Mahi mahi was greatAllyDined on 4/1/2014We went with a large group. The service was friendly and timely. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food which was in sufficient portions and an appealing presentation. The prices were reasonable. The ambience was that of a hotel restaurant but we didn't mind that. If you are looking for a romantic intimate dinner, another setting might be a better choice. We were a family with two younger children and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Very good service, food was excellent, my new favorite place!Special Features:
- kingfishesshelloDined on 2/14/2014I was planning a great Valentine's Day nice Dinner. I Just happened to see a add in the flyer Stating Free Bottle Of Champagne with reservations. I thOugh to myself yeah way not sounds great. We showed right st odd reservation time of 7 o'clock. We were greeted right at the door and shown to our table!"Wow no waiting. The whole night went wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, consistencyJerispcDined on 2/13/2014We like going to Kingfish Grill because it has really good food, reasonably priced and we never have to wait for a table. Sometimes my husband says, I want to have the shrimp w/feta cheese and kalamata olives appetizer at Kingfish on a Friday night, there is generally not a long wait for a table so we like that. I think this little gem may be under noticed because it is in front of a Ramada Inn on a busy street. I also love their shrimp cocktail, the shrimps are grilled! I have never seen this before but they are delicous! The grouper picata is amazing too! They have a very varied menu so there is something to please a wide set of tastes!Special Features:
- Girls nightCollDined on 1/31/2014The seafood tacos were very good and my friends enjoyed their blackened tilapia. However the appetizers were skimpy and over cooked for the price and our waitress was clueless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfish reviewBubsDined on 1/31/2014Very comfortable setting. Grouper was excellent. Server was friendly, knowledgable, helpful. Definitely would return. Had tv in restaurant but was not too noisy--comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food & Easy to hear and talkDeadboyDined on 1/24/2014The restaurant was easy to find and had ample parking. The staff were accommodating and very friendly. We arrived a whole hour ahead of time and were looked after, watered and seated with a smile. The server and food were both excellent. Will happily go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large groupsHentzenDined on 12/16/2013Nice atmosphere for large groups but may be too noisy for intimate diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseHardtoPleaseDined on 12/15/2013Our meeting for Brunch was a pleasant surprise, since we had never dined at this restaurant. It was excellent for what we were doing and the food was excellent. To add an equally notable comment, the service was beyond expectation. These comments are particularly important to note, because I don't do this unless I am very impressed. I want to send out an "Excellent Job" to the staff of the Kingfish Grill and Tap House. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Kingfish wasgreat. We ate there twice while in Tampa on buisness. Everything was fresh and made to order.Special Features:
- MealPetsitterDined on 11/9/2013The food was outstanding!!!! The guest of honor didn't have one complaint and made sure he had leftovers to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick dinnerTravel4foodVIPDined on 10/1/2013Good spot for a quick dinner. Menu had choices. Mahi mahi was well prepared. The crab cakes with black beans was not great, but solid. Server was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseFlaAmyDined on 9/21/2013Checked into a near by hotel who suggested this for dinner. We decided to try it instead of braving the crowds in downtown St Pete. It is located in a Ramada Inn parking lot. But don't let that scare you. The interior is modest, but clean. But when the food arrived, all that was forgotten. The chef stopped at our table to let us know that all the seafood arrives fresh daily. We had the grouper picatta 6 oz. size and the scallops dinner which was the daily special. Both were cooked beautifully and plated elegantly. The vegetables were tender yet crisp and equally well prepared. And the $3 house salad was fresh and filled with interesting ingredients. A wonderful surprise to find high quality food for a reasonable price at this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumpeachy2Dined on 9/14/2013i have been there twice before and each time the dinner was very good.....Special Features:
- Wonderful occasionJameyDined on 9/14/2013We went there for my partner's Birthday & and had a wonderful time. The menu has some extravagant items and value item, plus,everything in between. The food was good (if just a little moderately portioned). Our waiter paul was both handsome and personable. I would recommend this to others and would definitely eat here agian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMisskesDined on 9/6/2013Went out with friends for date night to Kingfish. The food was just ok. I had lobster ravioli, with a vodka sauce and pesto. There was crab meat on top which was delicious. The ravioli was a pureed lobster something. It was a bit strange. I personal did not like the vodka sauce with and the pesto together. My husband has a couple of appitizers for this entree (mussels, oysters, and the filet). He enjoyed all of those. Our frineds had the fish n chips (also enjoyable) and the fish sandwich (which was rubbery). Not what I was expecting. We will not be back.
- Service was lousy at best.KellyDined on 8/31/2013Our waitress visited the table maybe three times at the most. I think had too many tables to cover. Food was okay.Special Features:
- Good - worth a visitNicknameVIPDined on 8/29/2013This place is very nice - I did not realize how "up market" it was going to be. I had expected a cozy neighborhood bar because of the casual looking outside tables with umbrellas. But this is cloth napkins and servers dressed in black, and the chef coming out to ask how you are enjoying your meal. Prices are not exhorbitant and the food is very good. I had the Macadamia Nut Mahai Mahai which was cooked perfectly and a generous portion, topped with a mango salsa. It came with Basmati rice and nicely cooked veggies (not soft and mushy, nor so hard that they felt uncooked). An enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic and servicePianostanDined on 8/14/2013Food was fantastic and service was spot- on. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great steak restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent experiencefsujen2435Dined on 8/14/2013I have been to Kingfish a couple times now: with my husband for our anniversary, after work dinner, and just recently this time with my 13 coworkers. Even with 13 people, the service was fantastic and the drinks were constantly refilled. I believe our servers name was Mike(who also serviced the bar and our 2 large high top tables.) Everyone enjoyed their food and the service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for my anniversary.BrittanyDined on 7/20/2013Went here for my anniversary. Nice atmosphere, great food, even better service. Would definitely go here again!Special Features:
- Very nice -- tuna sandwichSunshineDined on 7/16/2013Very nice -- tuna sandwich is fabulous! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Fish2dinersDined on 6/12/2013A very pleasant surprise. It was comfortable and nearby our hotel. The fish was excellent (and I prefer meat) and I enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like look of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I like look of the restaurant and the servers were nice but a little slow at basics like offering to bring the check out. Our server didn't ask us if we wanted separate checks either (some do some don't so no big deal). The food was really good except for the bun that my fish sandwich came on. It broke easily and was dry and bland. My guests got the same bun I think even though they ordered differently than me (burger and chicken sandwich). They didn't complain. We came during lunch so it wasn't very busy. I tend to enjoy places that are full of people so maybe I'll enjoy it more if I come later in the day for dinner or drinks, maybe on the deck. I would like to see KingFish succeed so that is why I am providing my feedback.
- Excellent food and service.greenbeenVIPDined on 3/8/2013Excellent food and service. Accommodated a business lunch of 10 in a private room. Will definately come back and recommend to other. The best grouper picatta I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great lunch!cos1740VIPDined on 2/26/2013My wife and I had an enjoyable lunch at Kingfish Grill this week. The food, service and ambiance were all very good. Would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- ExcellentChrisVIPDined on 2/23/2013Absolutely delicious food, try the fish. Excellent service. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Ate as a couple, once latemjvmageeDined on 2/18/2013Ate as a couple, once late afternoon on week day and it was empty. Service excellent and food very good. Particularly enjoyed the New England Clam Chowder and grouper piccata. Ate again on a weeknight around 6:30 with a group of 6. A little louder, bar scene busy. Service very good. Good reports on Key West Chowder, filet, rueben and fish sandwich. Also nice crusty bread with an interesting olive compound butter. Yummy.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great new restaurant. Our server was happy to accomodate any requests or needs and was never put off by the baby we brought to our fine dining Vday date night. ;) We had been there once before and tried new things. Loved the sushi and steak!Special Features:
- We read the reviews aboutJudyDined on 2/12/2013We read the reviews about the bad service and hoped it had changed. Not so. The waiters are understaffed for the amount of tables and no one gets the attention they deserve.
- Service was great and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Service was great and food was very good except the steak was over-cooked and dry. Decent amount of food for the entrees and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Sea bass and salmon were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Sea bass and salmon were excellent. Definitely go with the fish.Special Features:
- Great food...HORRIBLE serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I said I would recommend, but that's only because of the food. The food was very good but service was horrible. Our waitress left our check at that table and then went and talked to the hostess for like 10 min before coming back. We had to ask a busboy at one point to find her so we could have refills because we waited and waited and she was nowhere to be seen.....On top of that we had extra stuff on our bill that wasn't ours....glad I checked the ticket.
- My guest and I had two differentmonica100VIPDined on 1/24/2013My guest and I had two different seafood entrees and they were both very good. Will definitely return.Special Features: