King Umberto Restaurant
1343 Hempstead Tpke.
Elmont, NY 11003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
King Umberto Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kingumberto.com/
- Phone: 5163523232
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pietro Fuschetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Can't come to us? We offer off-site catering for parties of 25-150 people. We will come to your venue, set up, serve and clean up. We offer half trays and full trays of your favorite dishes. Ask one of our managers today, how we can cater your party.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room for parties up to 70 people. Parties may be held, Monday thru Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Ciro or Franco 5163523232
A word from King Umberto Restaurant
King Umberto had brought the delicious taste of Italy to the corner of Hempstead Turnpike and Meacham Avenue since 1976. We offer a welcoming elegant decor with superior service, perfect for any large group or parties of two. In addition to having a warm atmosphere we carry an extensive wine list, that consists of over 350 wines, with years vertical, and is recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine with an award of excellence in 2010. When it comes to our large selection of generous mouth watering appetizers and main courses we know how to please. Famous for the original Fried Capellini® and daily specials prepared by executive chefs Pietro Fuschetto and Giovanni Lombardi. Our menu is classic Italian cuisine with a worldly influence and will surely leave you satisfied, but you can't seem to leave without indulging in our homemade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
King Umberto Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Elmont ›
King Umberto Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (32)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Classic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing Italian classics made right(Veal Chop, Seafood Platter, all Pastas) plus iconic desserts like Mud Pie that you would not expect in an Italian restaurant. The decor is tasteful and restrained. The service is pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Loved It!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our first time there but definitely not the last. We loved the service, the food & the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a birthday traditionmudjeepDined on 8/19/2014My family has been going to King Umberto since it started as a pizza place in 1976. We've spent many birthdays, holidays and other occasions at this wonderful restaurant. Although I now live in another time zone, anytime I'm on Long Island to visit, at least one meal at this restaurant is a must do. The owners and staff treat their guests like family and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Good reliable neighbourhood ItalianWeedyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Good solid Italian with all of the standard favorites and a kitchen that goes out of its way to make 'whatever you want' the way you like it. One of Nassau's best Italians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King of Italian RestaurantsFlavorfanDined on 8/8/2014King Umberto is a standout among an ocean of mediocre Long Island restaurants. The menu features a big choice of extremely well prepared Italian dishes, mainly Southern but also some delicious Northern if you wish to move beyond the tasty red gravy choices. The food is carefully prepared with balanced ingredients and well presented. The wine list is big and varied, some expensive, others inexpensive, with many interesting little-known Italian varietals. Service is warm, friendly and professional. As a bonus, the attached pizzeria makes excellent thin crust Margarita pizza, just like in Roma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has a reputation for excellent food and service and everytime we dine there it lives up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long time favoriteFormerfanVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food is consistently good. The service is outstanding and the "birthday club" in an added incentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!luvlarDined on 7/26/2014I have been a patron of King Umberto's for the last 15 years. It is always excellent. The food, service and hospitality are consistently superior. The one constant at King Umberto's is their willingness to prepare your choice of food your way. The staff is attentive, but never over bearing. Rosario, Franco and the wait staff aim to treat each diner in a special manner, and they hit the mark every time. The menu is extensive and excellent. Go! You'll love it.Special Features:
- Deliciousokora5Dined on 7/25/2014We always have a wonderful time... Great food and great service.Special Features:
- Pizza findmargeDined on 7/21/2014King Umberto is a wonderful, good, old fashioned Italian restaurant in the best sense of the word. It is an established neighborhood gem and offers a wide variety of Italian dishes as well as many pizza options. They bring wonderful, hot garlic bread and rolls to start you off. It is a very large venue with both a casual room and a more formal dining room. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodCather123VIPDined on 7/12/2014King Umbertos is always a good time. Comfortable dining rooms, terrific staff. The food is delicious and the prices are low. Everyone loves it. We like to order the specials, which feature seasonal stuff - this time it was zucchini flowers. My friend's salad was great, and the veal, pasta and seafood were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAAM10Dined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent . Service was great. Staff very friendly. Our waiter was so helpful in our selections. And took such good care of us. A wonderful night. Will keep going back. Lobster ravioli were fabulous !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICE and FOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Very amazing from the time you walk in to the minute you leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Spot!delitziosoDined on 7/8/2014Tried King Umberto for 1st time after living on LI for over 40 years! Great ambiance, attentive service, delicious food, extensive menu selection. Restaurant is extremely clean from the front door to the silverware! We had our meal in the restaurant dining room - will be trying the adjoining Pizzeria next for hero sandwiches, pizza and take-out!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant for familyfoodieDined on 7/5/2014Very italian decor. Food and service are excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lex1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everyone enjoyed their meal. The food is always good.Special Features:
- Great for partiesFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014This neighborhood gem is consistently good. The food is always fresh and delicious. Perfect for group celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGeGeDined on 6/14/2014Food is fantastic! Service fantastic! What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with HistoryRededDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant has a great menu, great service and the food preparation is outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing service and good delishFriz812Dined on 6/7/2014You've gotta try fried capellini it is beyond amazing. Also get the the mushrooms pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseYayinmavenDined on 6/7/2014Traffic was hellacious after Califonia Chrome disappointed the crowd at Belmont. We elected to eat instead of drive and discovered this gem. Great service with rapid delivery of delicious food.Special Features:
- A great experienceLarryVIPDined on 6/6/2014I took my friend here for her birthday. The food and service were incredible! Couldn't ask for any better! You have to try the fried capellini, too! Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The food and service is amazing. KU is a huge part of out Belmont Stakes tradition for more than 25 years. We have never had a bad experience. A must go place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service even betterVGIPADined on 6/4/2014There is no doubt that the food at King Umberto's is excellent, classic Italian with an extra special twist. But make no doubt the service from their crack team of waiters, servers, and bus boys is absolutely top notch, some of the best you will find anywhere, making a return visit all the more inviting.
- MavenVIPDined on 5/28/2014Always a great dining experience Food excellent, great service and very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014We love celebrating birthdays at King Umberto. The food is always great, and everyone is friendly. Overall service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicermplVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had Mother's Day Dinner, not my usual day to go out. Service was great. No waiting, food is always good. Regular menu not price fix which I love. Usually first choice
- the king has arisediluvseafoodDined on 5/9/2014Awsome food...first time loved the veal marsala and the baked clams! Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAsheeVIPDined on 5/5/2014This is one of my top places for authentic Italian foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTDolodeeVIPDined on 5/3/2014NO MATTER WHERE I GO TO HAVE ITALIAN FOOD THIS IS STILL MY FAVORITE. THE FRIED CAPPELLINI IS A MUST.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Good food, good service. Decor needs updating. Fried cappellini was great as always but the size of the pieces has shrunk to almost nothing.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the King Umberto Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fried heavenPdap89Dined on 4/21/2014Don't miss the fried capellini...end of story...THE BEST. Truth is everything is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Dinner--Delicious!LolaVIPDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant never disappoints. It's like eating in Nonna's kitchen. The food is consistently well-prepared. Try the fried cappellini and baked clams as an appetizer. YUMMO!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014As usual we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at King Umberto's on Palm Sunday. The service was professional but unassuming. The food was delicious and the choices including the specials were great. Even though it was busy we were not rushed at all and given adequate time between courses. Our reservations were for 5:30 and we did not leave until about 8:30. It was a great way to enjoy the holiday with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent. The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014Always consistent. The best Italian Restaurant anywhere with professional service.Especially if you are a regular, you will feel like you are being served in your own home. Our server Santos made the evening even more enjoyable. This restaurant is a neighbor gem.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceJeffsterVIPDined on 3/28/2014I can't remember the last time I had such attentive service. We were constantly asked if we needed anything. We were given samples of dishes and dessert to try (without asking). The staff is truly warm and friendly. Oh yeah the food was up to par with the service. This is a definite gem in the area. We will be back.Special Features:
- Been here many time, the foodMarieDined on 3/22/2014Been here many time, the food and the service are always exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Great Place!Alice50Dined on 3/18/2014After 23 years living in the area we finally decided to give King Umbertos a try. The dining room is quite elegant but welcoming and comfortable at the same time. Our waiter was very friendly and told us before ordering that we could order the food any way we wanted it prepared, even if it wasn't on the menu.The fried calamari was so tender. It was very lightly battered and not oily at all. It came out nice and hot and was delicious and served with a perfect marinara sauce. I had the Shrimp Monachina and ziti which was mouth watering with the sweet and savory brown sauce with mushrooms covered with mozzarella cheese and it was excellent. My family had the chicken parm, veal saltimbocca and veal rollatini. They loved each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything inside King Umberto'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Everything inside King Umberto's is great. We have been before and will go again.Special Features:
- Family favoriteLsb94Dined on 3/2/2014Good food , attentive waiters and they don't push you out. Have been going here for years and it is always good and reliableSpecial Features: