King Street Trio
40 King St. South
Waterloo, ON N2J 2W8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Street Trio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingstreettrio.com/
- Phone: 5198049989x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from King Street Trio
Waterloo Region's Premiere Dinner House. Our Open Concept Kitchen allows you to see and smell our fantastic food as it is prepared. Our 12 seat semi-private dining area is the perfect place for a business dinner or family gathering. All our food is prepared in house and our 68 seat dining room allows us to manage every detail. Chef Karl and his team offer Cooking Demonstrations and Wine Pairing Nights once per month. Check our website for the latest scheduled event!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
King Street Trio - Best Restaurants in Waterloo ›
King Street Trio reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (73)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (26)good for groups (24)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceEliw00Dined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere, superb service and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- I would come again .EasystreetDined on 9/26/2014My extensive dining out experience tells me that noisy restaurants often reflect that people are having a good time and the food is popular and tasty . This was the case at King Street Trio , great server and an enjoyable experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night DelightDiningDragonDined on 9/19/2014The King Street Trio was a wonderful experience with a chef who actually cared about the diner's experience. The portions were perfectly sized and presentation was exquisite. I would highly recommend this intimately designed restaurant for any time but especially if you are looking for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2BrunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been to King street Trio many many times and have never been disappointed. The food is so delicious and the presentation is very beautiful. The service is always attentive and excellent. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great food! Our waitress was fabulous but the service was slow! Place was full -I appreciate not being rushed but it was a little muchSpecial Features:
- The food is far behind it should beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The taste of the food is no longer good. It impressed me when I first have dinner here though. The service is nice, but that's it.Special Features:
- Food Options & Waiter ServiceDakiDined on 9/4/2014The food tasted really good, because it was not hard to come to a decision. The reason for that is because there aren't many options, which some guest may like and others may not. The waiter service was fast and friendly, we were even asked if we wanted them to grind pepper into our food, but there was little effort made to start a conversation. Overall, i would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or to go out on a date, but it is not an every-day restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food!CarmelannaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Each of us had the cauliflower soup-very tasty and smooth! We all had beef as our main entrée:respectively,the filet mignon, the ribeye and the tenderloin- all made to perfection. We shared the bourbon pecan and the crème brûlée- exquisite.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!!JohnnyPDined on 8/31/2014Our server was energetic and knew the menu well. He basically told us what to order - and it didn't disappoint. I had the triple wrapped pork and my date had the roasted salmon. Delicious. The beer pairing was spot on!! We will be back for more locally inspired dining for sure. Well done!!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner for 2JosieDined on 8/31/2014It was a nice outing for two. Dinner was full of flavours and the wine was plentiful. The attention to detail in atmosphere and the wait staff was perfect. This is how all dinning should be.Special Features:
- DecentWatlooDined on 8/30/2014Not quite Charcoal steakhouse, nowhere near Cambridge Mill when comparing value.
- Gem in Uptown WaterlooArchieDined on 8/26/2014Well worth a regular visit. Great food, service and location.Special Features:
- deliciousCullitonDined on 8/22/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. We were here once before and loved it. The busking festival was going on so it was really packed and a bit loud but other then that we had a great time , delicious food. We will be back again for sure!!!Special Features:
- First Time Visitwags18ukDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level was a little high, but manager apologized without having to be asked (it was a busy Friday evening to be fair). Overall though a very enjoyable evening, with very attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love King Street TrioHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy having dinner at King Street Trio. The Atmosphere is very friendly and inviting, the food is awesome and the owner and staff are very accommodating and engaging. We always look forward to returning when we are in uptown Waterloo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Food was delicious. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and unique menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014It is a breath of fresh air to visit King Street Trio and have the option of a variety of unique menu items. The ingredients seemed very fresh and our meals were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerHDP2SMDined on 8/12/2014First visit to this restaurant. Food was tasty, well prepared. Wait staff was attentive and helpful. We were greeted at the door immediately by a very friendly fellow who again came by during our meal to ask if all was well. Overall a great dinner with wonderful service. We watched the food being prepared in the open kitchen - great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food is always good (a little pricey but worth it), the ambiance is perfect for a date. Just note if you are really hungry the food does take quite a while to make its way to your table.Special Features:
- Mmm notsomuchFairShakeFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Front of house was a little awkward and disorganized; specials were articulated in the worst way possible; service was slow; starting to get annoyed. Food started coming-at last: appetizer was delectable and amazing! Alas, our euphoria was short-lived. When the entrees came I was optimistic but they were cold-luke at best. When the mushroom butter on top of your filet doesn't melt, that should be a hint. We'd both ordered medium and got rare. We decided not to complain, knowing the best case scenario was free dessert-which we didn't want. We ate what we could, declined dessert and vowed never to come back. What did I say to my partner as we walked out? "They've got a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with Uptown 21".
- gmhendersonDined on 8/8/2014A little pricey but worth every penny. Staff was very quick and friendly and the food was amazing. My husband and I planned a date night in the summer. We shared fresh oysters as well as baked oysters. Both were fanominal, the baked oysters were the best ive ever had anywhere! For our main I had lamb and he had steak which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We didn't have room for desert but went for a walk after. The restaurant is in a perfect spot; nice part of the city, lots of street parking, lots of little shops near by to visit and a small park/ gazebo center where you can catch a free concert. It was a perfect date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsdt50Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant itself is cozy and nice for a parents night out, it is on the upper end of the $$$ scale, but you get what you pay for. The steaks are great, the starter soup, whatever the choice of that day is always amazing. Has the oysters for starters, fresh tasting, a tad on the small size from other places, that may be just the season etc. Good selection of cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Night OutfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014We had a delicious meal, the salad was especially good and my pork tenderloin entrée was excellent...a little noisy for my liking but the restaurant is nicely set up with interesting décor..will definitely return and hope that they go back to doing lunches in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I may recommend this restaurant, the food was great. It is a problem however when you have to shout across a table for two. Love the restaurant and staff was great, but to say that the noise level was 'Energetic' is a misnomer. It was unpleasantly noisy.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Invited friends out for an evening and decided on King Street Trios - perfect location, great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing!miragemongerDined on 7/26/2014We've been in Waterloo for a while but haven't had a chance to visit this restaurant. When we finally did this past weekend, my wife and I were floored! It's a tiny little place right next to the train tracks in uptown Waterloo but as soon as we walked in the ambiance was great! The food was fresh, with a lot of attention to flavour combinations, and the dishes were delicate and elegant ... to top it off the service was very attentive without being interrupting. It's definitely a higher end restaurant so it's perfect for celebrating special occasions and/or a couple's night out without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslloydDined on 7/24/2014Will be back very very very nice service was the best your girls are lovely bubbly Ashland funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackMPetersonDined on 7/24/2014The resuaurant is in a nice location with easy parking. It has a good ambiance and is nicely decorated. We were seated right away and orders taken promptly. Our appetizer arrived right away and then we waited for about an hour for entrees. Stuffed chicken, scallops and gnocchi, and crispy skinned salmon. For the prices you pay the plates could be brighter and more colourful; not visually appetizing. Food tasted good, but I've had better tasting food from a handful of other establishments. Stuffed chicken dish mentioned sherry soaked raisins, and no raisins to be found on the plate. Very professional staff and pleasant. Apologized for delay of food but no explanation really as to why. Others around us came later and left sooner. Won't return
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed it every time.. both for private dinners or groups. Highly recommend. Food is great and staff accommodating off-menu requestsSpecial Features:
- Reliable for special occasionsthebowsDined on 7/20/2014We have been going to the King Street Trio (and King Crab) for special occasions for over a decade. Never been disappointed. Wish King Street Trio would bring back their slow roast beef. There Crème Brule is good but Oban Inn's (Niagara-on-the-Lake) beats it.Special Features:
- Good, but expensiveShelleyDDined on 7/19/2014My Husband had the large Filet Mignon, and I had the Lamb. Both were cooked to perfection, and delicious. However the $44 price of the Lamb was pretty outrageous, I felt. Alex, our server was excellent, and the service was wonderful!
- Chef's Table - Great ExperienceAudellDined on 7/19/2014Overall a very nice night with amazing food. Would highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Great Friday night outTravellers3Dined on 7/19/2014Tasty, innovative menu and terrific service. They even lent us umbrellas, so that we could walk around the rainy jazz festival evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLindsey337Dined on 7/18/2014The food here is fantastic, we had the salt cod appetizer which was amazing. For main courses we had the jumbo sea scallops and the stuffed steelhead trout both were fantastic. It was nice being able to openly see the kitchen staff as well preparing your food. The hostess and server were very friendly and cheerful. Really appreciated the hostess telling us where the washrooms were as well right after he sat is. The food was a bit pricey but definitely worth it to treat yourself once in awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scalloparaccio anyone?12345Dined on 7/12/2014While the service was excellent and the food tasty, I was disappointed with what the kitchen did to my scallop starter. The scallop is a unique pleasure when experienced as it is. Slicing two of them into thirds and charging $16 is not only a cynical money grab, but a desecration of the scallop experience: gone was the mouth feel and texture, obfuscated by sauce that may have been complimentary had the scallop not been reduced to a shadow of it's intended self. My party and I did not go to KST for a value meal, however as someone with extensive experience of fine dining, I found the food to be overpriced for what it was. I certainly didn't expect frozen veg to be served with a $32 steak when there are ample in season choices available.
- lovegoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Although the food was acceptable I came away feeling that I was intruding on the waitresses time and the sooner we were gone the better. she did not smile and delivered food immediately not giving us time to enjoy our cocktails. She attempted to clear plates before we were finished and then finally succeeded. Overall it ruined my dining experience and we were in and out within an hour....some much for a leisurely dinner and the ability to savour the food!
- Wonderful EveningAli59Dined on 7/7/2014We had a very relaxing dinner with friends at King St. Trio. The menu had great selections and the food was incredible. We found a wine we often drink on the menu and it was moderately priced- perfect for the evening. The service was terrific and we were not rushed through our selection process or dinner. The restaurant is renovated and decorated beautifully. I'd recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- RandomPersonDined on 7/5/2014Not recommended! Or if you really want to go there,don't get the risotto or the veal shank. Get the lamb.
- Great Service, Overpriced FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I found the staff incredibly friendly and amazing, but the food was incredibly salty. I would not return back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerroxusDined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating our 26th anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice. I bought a Groupon for King Street Trio and we really enjoyed our meal and the service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any kind of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.