King Street Trio
40 King St. South
Waterloo, ON N2J 2W8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Street Trio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingstreettrio.com/
- Phone: 5198049989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday ONLY : 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from King Street Trio
We have combined the best of our prior locations into the ultimate casual Uptown destination. The historic 100 year old building that is our new home has reclaimed many elements. Tin Ceiling tiles adorn our main wall. Our Open Concept Kitchen allows you to see and smell our fantastic food as it is prepared. Our 12 seat semi-private dining area is the perfect place for a business lunch or family gathering. All our food is prepared in house and our 68 seat dining room allows us to manage every detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
King Street Trio - Best Restaurants in Waterloo ›
King Street Trio reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (67)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (23)good for groups (20)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent service and food!CarmelannaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Each of us had the cauliflower soup-very tasty and smooth! We all had beef as our main entrée:respectively,the filet mignon, the ribeye and the tenderloin- all made to perfection. We shared the bourbon pecan and the crème brûlée- exquisite.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Our server was energetic and knew the menu well. He basically told us what to order - and it didn't disappoint. I had the triple wrapped pork and my date had the roasted salmon. Delicious. The beer pairing was spot on!! We will be back for more locally inspired dining for sure. Well done!!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014It was a nice outing for two. Dinner was full of flavours and the wine was plentiful. The attention to detail in atmosphere and the wait staff was perfect. This is how all dinning should be.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Not quite Charcoal steakhouse, nowhere near Cambridge Mill when comparing value.
- Gem in Uptown WaterlooArchieDined on 8/26/2014Well worth a regular visit. Great food, service and location.Special Features:
- deliciousCullitonDined on 8/22/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. We were here once before and loved it. The busking festival was going on so it was really packed and a bit loud but other then that we had a great time , delicious food. We will be back again for sure!!!Special Features:
- First Time Visitwags18ukDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level was a little high, but manager apologized without having to be asked (it was a busy Friday evening to be fair). Overall though a very enjoyable evening, with very attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love King Street TrioHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy having dinner at King Street Trio. The Atmosphere is very friendly and inviting, the food is awesome and the owner and staff are very accommodating and engaging. We always look forward to returning when we are in uptown Waterloo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Food was delicious. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and unique menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014It is a breath of fresh air to visit King Street Trio and have the option of a variety of unique menu items. The ingredients seemed very fresh and our meals were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerHDP2SMDined on 8/12/2014First visit to this restaurant. Food was tasty, well prepared. Wait staff was attentive and helpful. We were greeted at the door immediately by a very friendly fellow who again came by during our meal to ask if all was well. Overall a great dinner with wonderful service. We watched the food being prepared in the open kitchen - great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food is always good (a little pricey but worth it), the ambiance is perfect for a date. Just note if you are really hungry the food does take quite a while to make its way to your table.Special Features:
- Mmm notsomuchFairShakeFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Front of house was a little awkward and disorganized; specials were articulated in the worst way possible; service was slow; starting to get annoyed. Food started coming-at last: appetizer was delectable and amazing! Alas, our euphoria was short-lived. When the entrees came I was optimistic but they were cold-luke at best. When the mushroom butter on top of your filet doesn't melt, that should be a hint. We'd both ordered medium and got rare. We decided not to complain, knowing the best case scenario was free dessert-which we didn't want. We ate what we could, declined dessert and vowed never to come back. What did I say to my partner as we walked out? "They've got a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with Uptown 21".
- Never disappointsdt50Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant itself is cozy and nice for a parents night out, it is on the upper end of the $$$ scale, but you get what you pay for. The steaks are great, the starter soup, whatever the choice of that day is always amazing. Has the oysters for starters, fresh tasting, a tad on the small size from other places, that may be just the season etc. Good selection of cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Night OutfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014We had a delicious meal, the salad was especially good and my pork tenderloin entrée was excellent...a little noisy for my liking but the restaurant is nicely set up with interesting décor..will definitely return and hope that they go back to doing lunches in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I may recommend this restaurant, the food was great. It is a problem however when you have to shout across a table for two. Love the restaurant and staff was great, but to say that the noise level was 'Energetic' is a misnomer. It was unpleasantly noisy.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Invited friends out for an evening and decided on King Street Trios - perfect location, great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing!miragemongerDined on 7/26/2014We've been in Waterloo for a while but haven't had a chance to visit this restaurant. When we finally did this past weekend, my wife and I were floored! It's a tiny little place right next to the train tracks in uptown Waterloo but as soon as we walked in the ambiance was great! The food was fresh, with a lot of attention to flavour combinations, and the dishes were delicate and elegant ... to top it off the service was very attentive without being interrupting. It's definitely a higher end restaurant so it's perfect for celebrating special occasions and/or a couple's night out without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslloydDined on 7/24/2014Will be back very very very nice service was the best your girls are lovely bubbly Ashland funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackMPetersonDined on 7/24/2014The resuaurant is in a nice location with easy parking. It has a good ambiance and is nicely decorated. We were seated right away and orders taken promptly. Our appetizer arrived right away and then we waited for about an hour for entrees. Stuffed chicken, scallops and gnocchi, and crispy skinned salmon. For the prices you pay the plates could be brighter and more colourful; not visually appetizing. Food tasted good, but I've had better tasting food from a handful of other establishments. Stuffed chicken dish mentioned sherry soaked raisins, and no raisins to be found on the plate. Very professional staff and pleasant. Apologized for delay of food but no explanation really as to why. Others around us came later and left sooner. Won't return
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed it every time.. both for private dinners or groups. Highly recommend. Food is great and staff accommodating off-menu requestsSpecial Features:
- Reliable for special occasionsthebowsDined on 7/20/2014We have been going to the King Street Trio (and King Crab) for special occasions for over a decade. Never been disappointed. Wish King Street Trio would bring back their slow roast beef. There Crème Brule is good but Oban Inn's (Niagara-on-the-Lake) beats it.Special Features:
- Good, but expensiveShelleyDDined on 7/19/2014My Husband had the large Filet Mignon, and I had the Lamb. Both were cooked to perfection, and delicious. However the $44 price of the Lamb was pretty outrageous, I felt. Alex, our server was excellent, and the service was wonderful!
- Chef's Table - Great ExperienceAudellDined on 7/19/2014Overall a very nice night with amazing food. Would highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Great Friday night outTravellers3Dined on 7/19/2014Tasty, innovative menu and terrific service. They even lent us umbrellas, so that we could walk around the rainy jazz festival evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLindsey337Dined on 7/18/2014The food here is fantastic, we had the salt cod appetizer which was amazing. For main courses we had the jumbo sea scallops and the stuffed steelhead trout both were fantastic. It was nice being able to openly see the kitchen staff as well preparing your food. The hostess and server were very friendly and cheerful. Really appreciated the hostess telling us where the washrooms were as well right after he sat is. The food was a bit pricey but definitely worth it to treat yourself once in awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scalloparaccio anyone?12345Dined on 7/12/2014While the service was excellent and the food tasty, I was disappointed with what the kitchen did to my scallop starter. The scallop is a unique pleasure when experienced as it is. Slicing two of them into thirds and charging $16 is not only a cynical money grab, but a desecration of the scallop experience: gone was the mouth feel and texture, obfuscated by sauce that may have been complimentary had the scallop not been reduced to a shadow of it's intended self. My party and I did not go to KST for a value meal, however as someone with extensive experience of fine dining, I found the food to be overpriced for what it was. I certainly didn't expect frozen veg to be served with a $32 steak when there are ample in season choices available.
- lovegoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Although the food was acceptable I came away feeling that I was intruding on the waitresses time and the sooner we were gone the better. she did not smile and delivered food immediately not giving us time to enjoy our cocktails. She attempted to clear plates before we were finished and then finally succeeded. Overall it ruined my dining experience and we were in and out within an hour....some much for a leisurely dinner and the ability to savour the food!
- Wonderful EveningAli59Dined on 7/7/2014We had a very relaxing dinner with friends at King St. Trio. The menu had great selections and the food was incredible. We found a wine we often drink on the menu and it was moderately priced- perfect for the evening. The service was terrific and we were not rushed through our selection process or dinner. The restaurant is renovated and decorated beautifully. I'd recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- RandomPersonDined on 7/5/2014Not recommended! Or if you really want to go there,don't get the risotto or the veal shank. Get the lamb.
- Great Service, Overpriced FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I found the staff incredibly friendly and amazing, but the food was incredibly salty. I would not return back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerroxusDined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating our 26th anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice. I bought a Groupon for King Street Trio and we really enjoyed our meal and the service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any kind of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big birthday at King Street TrioOrganmorganDined on 6/26/2014To celebrate a major milestone in my wife's life, we invited two friends to celebrate with us at King Street Trio. We all enjoy good conversation and the staff provided a quiet table for us. Already we felt at home, and the rest of the evening was outstanding. My wife and friends ordered fish dishes and I ordered Osso buco. They thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and my only comment (not complaint) was that the Osso buco was not true to its' origins and tended towards Oktoberfest cuisine. It was tasty, but the subtle taste of the veal and bone marrow was lost to the sauce and a slight overcooking. It could have been gourmet pork schnitzel. Nevertheless, this was not crucial to our enjoyment of the evening, and I look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTerryDined on 6/25/2014Great food. Good service. Very friendly. It was busy but not noisy. Enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not last!SeafoodForeverDined on 6/20/2014My three friends and I went there to celebrate a new job and for the first time, it was absolutely amazing. Our waitress was super attentive but not hovering, and recommended some delicious dishes. At the table, we had oysters, veal osso bucco, pork tenderloin, gnocchi and scallops, and the mussels, along with the pumpkin spice latte Creme brûlée, pear and apple torte, and dessert of the evening which was a frozen brownie ice cream sundae. Everything was amazing! The oysters especially were out of this world! We will be back for sure :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownbeatshomeDined on 6/20/2014I had high expectations after reading other reviews. While quality of food was good, the quantity was lacking. Example a beet salad should have more than 4 very thin slices of beet. Beet salad should high light the roasted beet, roast and fan out whole beet, make it worth while. 2 of my diners had the stuffed pork, although taste was good the pork was very overcooked and dry. The restaurant was not busy as we were first diners, so no excuse for over-cooking. The service was great. Comparing it to 649 restaurant in Woodstock the food was lacking, would not return.Special Features:
- ProuddadDined on 6/12/2014We celebrated our daughters graduation from WLU,and had originally planned dinner at 1830hrs. However, the graduation ceremony lasted exactly one hour, and we were to eat early. You were able to accommodator the time change and we arrived at 1700hrs. Service was attentive and "casually efficient" i.e. our server was intuitive to our needs. Food was very good and the experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and great food.SousyDined on 6/9/2014Great ambience and great food. Half price appetizers were a bonus. Wonderful location and efficient service. Wish you were open earlier for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnercby123Dined on 6/8/2014Went to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend and the service and food were great. We also got free sundaes as a treat for our birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findshubsensDined on 6/7/2014We were both surprised we had never heard of the place. They did a great job of the layout. The service was really good, it was a nice night out and we were never rushed. The food had good presentation and done perfectly. We would definetly go back.Special Features: