King Street Trio
40 King St. South
Waterloo, ON N2J 2W8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Street Trio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingstreettrio.com/
- Phone: 5198049989x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from King Street Trio
Waterloo Region's Premiere Dinner House. Our Open Concept Kitchen allows you to see and smell our fantastic food as it is prepared. Our 12 seat semi-private dining area is the perfect place for a business dinner or family gathering. All our food is prepared in house and our 68 seat dining room allows us to manage every detail. Chef Karl and his team offer Cooking Demonstrations and Wine Pairing Nights once per month. Check our website for the latest scheduled event!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
King Street Trio - Best Restaurants in Waterloo ›
King Street Trio reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (80)fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (25)notable wine list (24)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great choice in Uptown WaterloozeninSDined on 10/19/2014King Street Trio is a very good eating place. You can be seated near the open kitchen to see the meal being prepared or near the window looking out at King Street. My wife had a fall themed soup - parsnip and pear along with the perfectly prepared strip sirloin steak. I had a Caesar salad with just the right amount of dressing along with a stuffed chicken and roast potatoes. All was very good. Dessert was an apple and pear torte with French vanilla ice cream. We did not have any wine, but there were many good choices. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantRobGBDined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent and very friendly. The food we ordered was perfect.Special Features:
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Had a lovely dinner here Friday with my husband. Good menu with some unusual items, very friendly and attentive service, and the food was delicious. Have already made a second reservation for their wine pairing evening in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallOutingDined on 10/17/2014Service was top notch. Food was so so. Wine list is great. Coffee was excellent. Not a place for children under 13.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience and ServiceXavnVintDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I cam here for the first time on October 15 for an 8pm dinner. The manager and server took a genuine interest in my wife and I (and everyone else in the restaurant), you can just tell they are serving you because they want to, not because it's just their job. The atmosphere was great - perfect for a relaxing dinner. The food - what can I say, was excellent. You could tell everything was made in house, from the croutons in the ceaser salad, to the massive onion rings I ordered as a side to my steak. The strip loin steak was perfect. My wife ordered a few apps (I can't remember which ones) but again these were just mouthwatering good. The dessert (pecan pie I think) was again house made and perfect. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysSkidDined on 10/11/2014Had a lovely meal. Portions are generous. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- 43rd Anniversarydiningfor2Dined on 10/9/2014We quite enjoyed our evening at King St Trio. Parking was readily available on the street and the restaurant small but inviting. The food was delicious. We will certainly return often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014We always enjoy the food and service at King Street Trio! It's a family favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPJPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing food and I loved the seasonal menu for fall. Great service!!Special Features:
- LovelycheeseloversDined on 10/4/2014Good service, good food, nice atmosphere. We had the window table and it was a lovely way to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer special, BBQ Beef ribs, were delicious.Special Features:
- Mm mm.FoodieDined on 10/4/2014It was our first time at King Street Trio. The appetizer and main meals were fantastic and the staff was friendly an attentive. Only regret is that I didn't have room for dessert - they all looked delish! Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceEliw00Dined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere, superb service and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- I would come again .EasystreetDined on 9/26/2014My extensive dining out experience tells me that noisy restaurants often reflect that people are having a good time and the food is popular and tasty . This was the case at King Street Trio , great server and an enjoyable experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night DelightDiningDragonDined on 9/19/2014The King Street Trio was a wonderful experience with a chef who actually cared about the diner's experience. The portions were perfectly sized and presentation was exquisite. I would highly recommend this intimately designed restaurant for any time but especially if you are looking for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2BrunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been to King street Trio many many times and have never been disappointed. The food is so delicious and the presentation is very beautiful. The service is always attentive and excellent. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great food! Our waitress was fabulous but the service was slow! Place was full -I appreciate not being rushed but it was a little muchSpecial Features:
- The food is far behind it should beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The taste of the food is no longer good. It impressed me when I first have dinner here though. The service is nice, but that's it.Special Features:
- Food Options & Waiter ServiceDakiDined on 9/4/2014The food tasted really good, because it was not hard to come to a decision. The reason for that is because there aren't many options, which some guest may like and others may not. The waiter service was fast and friendly, we were even asked if we wanted them to grind pepper into our food, but there was little effort made to start a conversation. Overall, i would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or to go out on a date, but it is not an every-day restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food!CarmelannaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Each of us had the cauliflower soup-very tasty and smooth! We all had beef as our main entrée:respectively,the filet mignon, the ribeye and the tenderloin- all made to perfection. We shared the bourbon pecan and the crème brûlée- exquisite.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!!JohnnyPDined on 8/31/2014Our server was energetic and knew the menu well. He basically told us what to order - and it didn't disappoint. I had the triple wrapped pork and my date had the roasted salmon. Delicious. The beer pairing was spot on!! We will be back for more locally inspired dining for sure. Well done!!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner for 2JosieDined on 8/31/2014It was a nice outing for two. Dinner was full of flavours and the wine was plentiful. The attention to detail in atmosphere and the wait staff was perfect. This is how all dinning should be.Special Features:
- DecentWatlooDined on 8/30/2014Not quite Charcoal steakhouse, nowhere near Cambridge Mill when comparing value.
- Gem in Uptown WaterlooArchieDined on 8/26/2014Well worth a regular visit. Great food, service and location.Special Features:
- deliciousCullitonDined on 8/22/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. We were here once before and loved it. The busking festival was going on so it was really packed and a bit loud but other then that we had a great time , delicious food. We will be back again for sure!!!Special Features:
- First Time Visitwags18ukDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level was a little high, but manager apologized without having to be asked (it was a busy Friday evening to be fair). Overall though a very enjoyable evening, with very attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love King Street TrioHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy having dinner at King Street Trio. The Atmosphere is very friendly and inviting, the food is awesome and the owner and staff are very accommodating and engaging. We always look forward to returning when we are in uptown Waterloo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Food was delicious. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and unique menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014It is a breath of fresh air to visit King Street Trio and have the option of a variety of unique menu items. The ingredients seemed very fresh and our meals were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerHDP2SMDined on 8/12/2014First visit to this restaurant. Food was tasty, well prepared. Wait staff was attentive and helpful. We were greeted at the door immediately by a very friendly fellow who again came by during our meal to ask if all was well. Overall a great dinner with wonderful service. We watched the food being prepared in the open kitchen - great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food is always good (a little pricey but worth it), the ambiance is perfect for a date. Just note if you are really hungry the food does take quite a while to make its way to your table.Special Features:
- Mmm notsomuchFairShakeFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Front of house was a little awkward and disorganized; specials were articulated in the worst way possible; service was slow; starting to get annoyed. Food started coming-at last: appetizer was delectable and amazing! Alas, our euphoria was short-lived. When the entrees came I was optimistic but they were cold-luke at best. When the mushroom butter on top of your filet doesn't melt, that should be a hint. We'd both ordered medium and got rare. We decided not to complain, knowing the best case scenario was free dessert-which we didn't want. We ate what we could, declined dessert and vowed never to come back. What did I say to my partner as we walked out? "They've got a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with Uptown 21".
- gmhendersonDined on 8/8/2014A little pricey but worth every penny. Staff was very quick and friendly and the food was amazing. My husband and I planned a date night in the summer. We shared fresh oysters as well as baked oysters. Both were fanominal, the baked oysters were the best ive ever had anywhere! For our main I had lamb and he had steak which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We didn't have room for desert but went for a walk after. The restaurant is in a perfect spot; nice part of the city, lots of street parking, lots of little shops near by to visit and a small park/ gazebo center where you can catch a free concert. It was a perfect date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsdt50Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant itself is cozy and nice for a parents night out, it is on the upper end of the $$$ scale, but you get what you pay for. The steaks are great, the starter soup, whatever the choice of that day is always amazing. Has the oysters for starters, fresh tasting, a tad on the small size from other places, that may be just the season etc. Good selection of cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Night OutfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014We had a delicious meal, the salad was especially good and my pork tenderloin entrée was excellent...a little noisy for my liking but the restaurant is nicely set up with interesting décor..will definitely return and hope that they go back to doing lunches in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I may recommend this restaurant, the food was great. It is a problem however when you have to shout across a table for two. Love the restaurant and staff was great, but to say that the noise level was 'Energetic' is a misnomer. It was unpleasantly noisy.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Invited friends out for an evening and decided on King Street Trios - perfect location, great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing!miragemongerDined on 7/26/2014We've been in Waterloo for a while but haven't had a chance to visit this restaurant. When we finally did this past weekend, my wife and I were floored! It's a tiny little place right next to the train tracks in uptown Waterloo but as soon as we walked in the ambiance was great! The food was fresh, with a lot of attention to flavour combinations, and the dishes were delicate and elegant ... to top it off the service was very attentive without being interrupting. It's definitely a higher end restaurant so it's perfect for celebrating special occasions and/or a couple's night out without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslloydDined on 7/24/2014Will be back very very very nice service was the best your girls are lovely bubbly Ashland funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackMPetersonDined on 7/24/2014The resuaurant is in a nice location with easy parking. It has a good ambiance and is nicely decorated. We were seated right away and orders taken promptly. Our appetizer arrived right away and then we waited for about an hour for entrees. Stuffed chicken, scallops and gnocchi, and crispy skinned salmon. For the prices you pay the plates could be brighter and more colourful; not visually appetizing. Food tasted good, but I've had better tasting food from a handful of other establishments. Stuffed chicken dish mentioned sherry soaked raisins, and no raisins to be found on the plate. Very professional staff and pleasant. Apologized for delay of food but no explanation really as to why. Others around us came later and left sooner. Won't return
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed it every time.. both for private dinners or groups. Highly recommend. Food is great and staff accommodating off-menu requestsSpecial Features: