King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto
370 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1J9Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torontoregency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/KingStreetSocialKitchen.html
- Phone: 4165952525x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Wesley Boodhram
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We currently offer a choice of three private dining rooms, located directly off of our main dining room. Two smaller rooms seating 8 and 12 people have a beautiful glass wall overlooking the main dining space with a curtain to provide extended privacy. Enjoy a personalized dining experience in these rooms by asking about our Chef's Table. The screening room can accommodate groups of up to 40 people for a meal or up to 60 guests for reception style events. The screening room also offers built in audio visual which includes a projector and screen. Please contact us by email or phone for private room menus and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Viegas (416) 595-2588x
- Cross Street: Peter
- Public Transit: St. Andrew Metro Stop - Head four blocks West on King and we will be on your right.
King & Peter Streetcar Stop - Head one block East and we are on the corner of King & Widmer Streets.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Offer self parking in the hotel garage.
A word from King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto
King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto is the latest restaurant to debut in the famed Entertainment District, featuring regionally inspired global cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!vErYdEeP1Dined on 8/10/2014First time here to eat..It was a nice relaxing brunch..food was very good,desserts were very yummy..service was very good..loved the scrambled Eggs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly enjoyed!Loveit2muchDined on 7/28/2014We are currently spending 5 nights at The Hyatt Regency. Our original plan was to have breakfast maybe one morning at the hotel and eat elsewhere beyond that. We are greatly enjoying our big, morning buffets and it gives us a wonderful start to our day. We have only dined elsewhere once and that was because we were rushing to start a full day of touring Toronto and grabbed Tim's down the street to be quick!!! We have two mornings remaining at the hotel and the kids have already told us both days are going to be "at the great hotel buffet again"...it is adding just that little "extra" to our already great Hyatt stay experience!!! Can't wait again for the morning...can we just stay? I could get used to this service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service...but that's itLadyChisholmDined on 7/9/2014Went to a Summerlicious dinner here with a few friends and was highly disappointed. My salad leaves were too big and had to be cut, my steak was fatty and my dessert (key lime tart) was dry and flavourless. We had dinner at 6pm on Thursday and were the only ones in the restaurant. Our server however was very pleasant and very attentive.
- Terrible server!ssg2haunDined on 7/5/2014I had a fun lunch for Summerlicious with my friend. The food was good, but the server we had kept staring at my friend in a very inappropriate way that made her uncomfortable. He also dropped her appetizer on the table and said he would bring back a fresh plate, but he brought it back rearranged because the dish was cold and stank of truffle oil (portobella with brie). The surprising factor was that we were the only party in the restaurant aside from one elderly woman and the service mishap that occurred is unacceptable even in busy situations. My fries were too salty and my key lime tart was straight out of a box. Not what I would expect from a great restaurant on King Street. However, I did thoroughly enjoy my fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the King Street Social Kitchen & Bar - Hyatt Regency Toronto reviews archive.
- CostbreakfastDined on 3/18/2014I thought it was expensive for breakfast $34 especially for quick breakfastI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant staff, decentEmmaDined on 2/14/2014Very pleasant staff, decent food, prompt service when we were time limited, close to Roy Thomson Hall and Mirvish venuesI would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014The title says it all. I went for lunch with a group for winterlicious 2014 and it was just blah . The food wasnt worth the price. If it was prkced properly as a 15 dollar menu then maybe my expectations wouldnt be so high.
- below standarddessertqueenDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant looks nice, and is quite pricey. The decor is great. Modern chic. Staff were not attentive, late to provide water/drinks to our table. The food was average, plating below average, overall value- below average. We ate from the Winterlicious menu. We went at lunchtime on the weekend.Special Features:
- Great fun setting. Bar loungeYumYumDined on 1/12/2014Great fun setting. Bar lounge area tends to get a bit loud so be sure it is where you want to be. Other than that, the ambience, décor and food it awesome... and if you want something special to meet your dietary needs, they will try very hard to accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Seating only on SundayLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/20/2013Arrived into Toronto on a Sunday afternoon and wanted some simple, good food. The King Street Social Kitchen sounded interesting but as I found out when I arrived, it is not open on Sundays, only the Bar was available. I assume the food was similar or same as restaurant. The Butternut Squash soup I enjoyed as an appetizer was amazing. The bowl was HUGE and loaded with natural flavors and a mild herb touch. Perfect. The rest of the meal (Arctic Char) was less memorable. Honestly, disappointed the Hyatt would allow reservations for the Social Kitchen and then switch me to the bar. Seems wrong to me.
- Excellent Service!NewfieladyDined on 9/20/2013I was very impressed with the food, but the service staff were exceptional!! Friendly, professional, positive, enthusiastic and very anxious to please. I would give all these guys and gals top marks...seriously...a job well done!!! This staff really gets it and it was a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT open for lunch!ChrisDined on 8/22/2013Actual restaurant not open during lunch! They have few tables at the lobby, for lunch service. I would NOT reserved if i know it!
- Came here for SummerliciousEyfiDined on 7/21/2013Came here for Summerlicious with a bunch of friends, and was not disappointed. The food was great (my favourite was the main - gnocchi with arugula and truffle oil), and with the diversity of dietary preferences in our group I really appreciated the vegan options on the menu. All in all, a satisfying dinner.
- Great value for summerliciouskar3nnnDined on 7/21/2013The food was great minus the desert. The service was nothing exceptionally well or bad. Great value for the ambiience and food though. $15 summerlicious lunch makes it great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013This is the third time we've been there for Summerlicious! We were there with my 3 nieces (3 years and under) and they were extremely accommodating. Very great value for the quality and quantity of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Licious lunch tasty but....ClawclawDined on 7/20/2013A friend and I went for the summerlicious lunch menu and although the food was very tasty, i rated it 3 stars because my pulled pork sandwich was only lukewarm and the pork drippings cold! The chocolate mousse cake was moist and delish but my friend's chocolate ice cream sandwich was a disaster. She was served soft ice cream between two very HARD cookies. The cookies should be soft and chewy and the ice cream should be firm, not dripping. Thankfully, Suzanne (our server) was gracious to offer her another dessert when she saw my friend struggle to get the fork in the cookie. Aside from that, our overall lunch experience was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - nice atmosphereahutpubDined on 7/19/2013Had the calamari with garden green, was really delicious. The Pork Pulled Sandwich was really good and the pork was cooked just right not too dry, still juicy from the inside. Would definitely go here again for lunchSpecial Features:
- Summerlicious was terrible.LovefinefoodsDined on 7/18/2013Summerlicious was terrible. The food was cheap and didn't taste good. Never coming back.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2013Visited this restaurant for summerlicious, placed my order within 5 minutes of seating but had to wait over 1 hour for my main course. We were brought the wrong food, and the manager Tony came out to say there was a mix up in the kitchen. Wait staff are not helpful and are inexperienced. Left without receiving the dessert we ordered. Stay away from this restaurant.
- Off the radar but on the listOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2013I have had lunch in the bar upstairs before and was impressed by the food and price in a hotel setting. The staff are always friendly too. This is my first time having lunch downstairs - for Summerlicious. The location in a moden mostly white dining room, below street leve,l is calm and relaxing even though it is in the middle of the entertainment district. The Summerlicious menu was great - we had Grilled Calamari and Salad , and a chilled watermelon and cucumber soup to start. Both were fresh, well presented, and tasted delicious. Our mains were lobster,apple and emmenthal sandwiches with a crunchy salad. Again very tasty and very fresh tasting. I can recommend both the mango sorbet and homemade icrecream cakes for dessert. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to SummerliciousLunchinDined on 7/8/2013Wanted to check out this place since I always pass by it when going west on King. Summerlicious was the perfect opportunity. Great menu and service, would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2013It was alright. Nothing noteworthy, especially considering the competition directly across the street. We went for lunch, so maybe it's normally quiet, but it was really quiet.
- Quiet lunchyvrgirlVIPDined on 7/1/2013Had a quiet lunch on game day which was good for us as we had an infant with us. The food was good - sandwiches were tasty with nice sides, nice salads. The waiter seemed disinterested but was attentive. At lunch, the restaurant is actually Mix Bar on the lobby floor. Nice decor and table settings.Special Features:
- Terribly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013We chose this restaurant based on proximity to The Princess of Wales Theatre and a few decent reviews. It also seems difficult to find a really good restaurant in the Theatre District. The food was so mediocre it was practically tasteless . It's a shame as the atmosphere of the restaurant is quite nice. Everyone that was dining that night seemed to be on a coupon so perhaps the kitchen was not on their best game and just putting out food that tasted institutional. We did not have a coupon and will never return.
- Our First TimwhenryeightDined on 5/26/2013We were there by accident. A family group of 7. We meet in TO 2-3 times a year and the place we usually go to for Sunday lunch was booked up. We clicked on 'restaurants near by' we chose the Kitchen to give it a try. We did not know what to expect. However as it turned out we were more than happy with our choice. It's a great place; the food excellent; the ambience comfortable the service friendly. We all had a great time and we will be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly easy!ShadowDined on 5/24/2013The staff were polite, personable an service was quick. food exceeded expectations. The menu does not do justice to the prestige quality and freshness of food. Was worth every penny spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unclear when this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/4/2012unclear when this restaurant is open, really. i booked here and ate at it's companion bar upstairs. it was decent, but weird that the (hotel) restaurant wasn't open.
- The food was ok, it was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/27/2012The food was ok, it was very expensive. The service was good, friendly, but $27.00 for Chicken Strips, Salad and a tonic water seemed a lot. They had not seen the Open Table cheques before so I had to wait until they made sure it wasn't a bogus cheque.
- King Street Social KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012King Street Social Kitchen is amazing! I met there with a colleague and a client for a breakfast meeting from 8:30 - 10:00. The food selection at the breakfast buffett would absolutely leave nothing missing for anyone. One from our party was Celiac and had many gluten free options. The atmosphere was clean, quiet, and inviting. The service we received throughout our visit was timely perfectly and was comfortably professional and polite. Full marks from me! I have been telling folks about this and will continue to recommend it. And, of course, I'm very much looking forward to going back myself! Hats off to you, KSSK!
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012I attempted to have a breakfast meeting with a client, but it was a poor choice. The noise was a bit more energetic than I expected. The breakfast buffet was adequate but nothing set it apart from other breakfast buffets. The service was extremely slow and I had to get up and ask more than once to have my CEOs coffee refilled. If you are looking for a normal breakfast, this restaurant is ok but if you have important client meetings or are looking to impress executives with sharp service and selection of breakfast offerings, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
- Summerlicious top tip!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Went there for lunch during Summerlicious, outstanding value for money (15$ for calamari starter, lobster main and chocolate cake desert).Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012I was here for summerlicious lunch for two years. I find the food was better last year than this year as their menus didn't change. Service was always excellent by staff.Special Features:
- Enjoyed hosting a breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2012Enjoyed hosting a breakfast meeting there. Would return to try another time but hopefully for drinks and dinner.Special Features:
- Great food. Really nice waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Great food. Really nice waiter who was super nice to my 4 yr old son. Had a lovely brunch. Very good tea (which is hard to find- they serve it with the bag in the teapot, which is a good size two cups).Special Features:
- Very nice food; If you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2012Very nice food; If you're at the hotel it's a nice place to get a meal. Not a destination.
- A nice surprise... I trulyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2012A nice surprise... I truly enjoyed the tomato soup appetizer. I'm glad it's on their regular menu so I can eat it throughout the year and not just for Winterlicious!Special Features:
- We went before a Matinee theatreSimmorDined on 2/5/2012We went before a Matinee theatre engagement with friends. We were 4 of about 10 people there so it was quiet and perfect for catching up with friends we had not seen for awhile. They were part of Winterlicious which was the reason we chose the place. However, they did not offer a regular menu in addition to the Winterlicious menu which, it seems to me, a large hotel could have done. The Winterlicious menu was not appealing to me personally.Special Features:
- Kind of a yuppie vibe, withPedgehogDined on 2/4/2012Kind of a yuppie vibe, with ugly black-and-white walls and weird modern art. The food was good but probably too expensive on a regular visit (we went for the prix fixe Winterlicious menu). Service was terrific though, and they were super accommodating.Special Features:
- Clean, comfortable, brightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012Clean, comfortable, bright and fairly quiet restaurant. Large portions and decent quality. Kitchen was a little slow given they were not overly busy. Good effort in using premium ingredients and trying some creative combinations. I think it is a nice lunch spot for a meeting.Special Features:
- As a first time visitor, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012As a first time visitor, the entrance to the restaurant off of King Street needs a more welcoming and better lit staircase from the outside. Once inside the ambiance is warm, yet sleek. The staff were welcoming and helpful and added to the enjoyment of the Winterlicious meal. We both enjoyed our appetizers, but it was the lamb shank that was exceptional. The wine list although not extensive was reasonably priced. We both agreed that we would come back after Winterlicious during our theatre season.Special Features: