King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
907 Victoria St. N
Kitchener, ON N2B 3C3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingcraboysterbar.com/
- Phone: 5197441050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday:5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5 pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering services are available, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 519-744-1050
A word from King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
Southern Ontario's Premiere Seafood Restaurant. At King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill we make all of our food from the freshest ingredients. Whether it's our fantastic seafood, Ontario AAA Steaks or our in house prepared desserts, our food is the freshest available and is prepared by our excellent team of chefs lead by Chef Karl. Our open concept kitchen allows you to see our food prepared and is an excellent opportunity to see a working kitchen. A small, intimate dining room allows you to enjoy the smells and sizzle of the Open Kitchen. Great value & excellent service, proudly serving you since 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Kitchener ›
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (14)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the sundried tomato in oil dip with the yummy warm bread. Caesar salad was good. Crusted salmon with spiced peach chutney was delicious. Fresh vegetables were cooked perfectly. However my husband found his stuffed chicken breast very salty and could not eat it ( sadly no one came by through the meal to ask how things were so he left hungry....)Special Features:
- 5sensesDined on 10/10/2014We have NEVER had anything but a great meal at King Crab! It is our go to restaurant. The food is always fresh, the menu varied with artistic presentation. The service is top notch and the atmosphere is cozy with nice background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Although the ambience could certainly be more charming, it was amazing to find such a great seafood restaurant in downtown Kitchener. I just moved from Halifax, where fresh seafood is everywhere. But the lobster here was cooked to perfection, the jambalaya had a great kick (although the mussels were quite small), and the trout was delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic!JFreemanDined on 10/4/2014Amazing food ! Great service, very quick and attentive. I would recommend making a reservation as it fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotluckydinerDined on 10/4/2014This is where I enjoy coming for special celebrations, for the food is amazing and I enjoy the ambiance of being able to chat with friends without being drowned out by noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDaniivmDined on 10/2/2014Such a lovely place. Amazing food, amazing service. They have great drinks. A little pricey but worth the money in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddiehungrygirlDined on 9/29/2014As always, the dinner was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive without being a bother. My companion and I were interested in having a relaxed, easy meal, and that is exactly what we had. The Monk Fish was a new experience, and it was cooked to perfection. My companion was very pleased with her trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Once again we had a great dining experience at King Crab. The service was great but the highlight, as always, was the food. Our meals were delicious. we'll be back, for sure!Special Features:
- King Crab Oyster Bar and GrillMel17Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service was excellent! New favorite restaurant😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!seafoodfanDined on 9/21/2014There were 4 of us dining one evening. Our server was very pleasant and helpful. There was lots to choose from on the menu - even if you didn't want seafood. Our meals were very good and the presentation was excellent. They were very busy that evening and our meals took a wee bit longer than expected - but they were well worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We picked this spot because it is close to home and comes with an excellent reputation. We were not disappointed. Decent wine list, excellent food and fabulous service. The service made the night. Efficient, yet not hovering. Allowed us to eat and chat in peace. We don't get out a great deal but when we do, we want it to be a worth while experience. BEST Key lime pie I've ever had!Special Features:
- woderful tasteNewdinedeeDined on 9/19/2014I had rainbow trout, and my wife had coconut shrimp. Both tasted exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy King Crab!lovethisplaceDined on 9/13/2014We have been to King Crab a few times and always look forward to the evening out. The staff is exceptionally friendly and well trained on the menu items. The food is never disappointing. Always impressed with the quality and selection on the menu. Food is always prepared for the eye and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Been here several times, each visit is consistent. The experience from start-finish is always terrific.Special Features:
- Quiet this is not.annandalDined on 9/6/2014Recently we went to this restaurant for our anniversary supper. We booked reservations in advance but when arrived were given "the next available" table. The food was flavourful, my husband especially enjoyed his shrimp alfredo. I had the seafood gumbo, though the flavour was good the presentation of the dish lacked appeal. If looking for a quiet dinner option this restaurant is not it. Having to speak over other people is not enjoyable. Surprisingly the kitchen had no noticeable "noise". The dining room itself carried the voices of all patrons. The wait staff were all polite and helpful, suggesting meal options and filling water glasses as needed. Even the hostess was clearing dishes as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs uppoiuy111Dined on 9/6/2014The seafood was very enjoyable. The value is pricey, but considering the short supply of some seafoods, it can be understandable. Good place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- awesomeetienne4477Dined on 9/5/2014The decor was a little outdated, other then that the food and service was exceptional and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicegrouponreturnagainDined on 9/4/2014I loved everything except that my steak was too well done and I didn't have the heart to tell them. My partners was cooked to perfection and I would have had to wait for mine to be corrected. Both were to be med pink. Sorry hate sending food back as it's awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjennDined on 8/31/2014The food was not very good. Very over priced for what you got. I called in to ask a question and the person wad rude and abrupt. We went there for our one year anniversary and was very disappointed. Our waitress was very kind.
- Best restaurant in townFoodyfoodDined on 8/30/2014Me And my husband went there for our anniversery and it was the best food I've had in a long time. Good ambiance loud but very nice place. Servers very nice and very atentative to each table. Food was deliciousness and was a reasonable waiting time. Love the open concept kitchen I like to see how my food is being cooked. Fresh food and the steak was amazingly cook. Husband had the steak and lobster he loved it also. Will defiantly be back. Love this place. Make sure you make a reservation it was really busy on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltySinjin648Dined on 8/30/2014This was the second time eating here. I was so excited about the monkfish and prosciutto but was overwhelmed with salt! The kids food was okay but after 4 glasses of water I went home ill. I was so excited but ended up disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patiogreatmealDined on 8/29/2014If the weather is good, choose the patio. Very quiet and privacy, not too many table, very enjoyable. Our meals our outstanding. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous!!!lanideanaDined on 8/26/2014Great food. Exceptional service. Lovely ambiance. My daughter and I enjoyed every moment and every mouthful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very good food with a very nice, cozy environment.Special Features:
- First timers...MarcDined on 8/19/2014This was our (my wife and I) first time at King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill. We ordered oysters on the half shell, a salad and we each had the Jambalya. The salad and Jambalya were excellent; perfectly spicy, lots of seafood and andouille sausage, good portion size. I was less impressed with the oysters...perhaps this is not oyster season. The greeter was friendly and flexible. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu, the beer selection and made the recommendation that we try the Jambalya. Also very attentive. We'll go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseTrishDined on 8/17/2014I saw this restaurant on Groupon or WagJag, I think. I didn't buy the special coupon, but it's a good way to find out about restaurants you may not otherwise know about. We were so pleasantly surprised by the delicious food and interesting menu; it has a very attractive open kitchen. The wait staff is attentive without being overbearing. Will definitely go back when in the area, and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodDuckluverDined on 8/8/2014Our visit from start to finish was extremely enjoyable. We were greeted at the door by the manager and showed to our table as soon as we entered the restaurant. We were seated by the window and enjoyed the view as well as being able to see in the kitchen. Our server was at our table within minutes with glasses of ice water and a smile! The food was all fresh and plated well. Our dietary issues were treated with ease. Our meals were both extremely good and the portions were more than generous. We felt we got more than our money worth. We will be returning to enjoy dessert since we were simply to full to try any! It is hard to find a restaurant that serves King Crab and it did not disappoint!!!Special Features:
- Great Steak and CalamariFirefoxDined on 8/5/2014We came in for a quick dinner before a show and were greeted and seated quickly. Our server was attentive and our food prepared perfectly. The desserts sounded so good and fresh we had the Key Lime Pie to share. It was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy CustomerWilson39Dined on 8/3/2014First time I went here I loved it. Second time, it is inconsistent, Caesar salad was soggy wilted and vinegary, parmasean chip atop was stale and hard to break, Frites were soggy and a tad undercooked. Not justifiable to charge what you do for a meal when you cannot keep it consistent. I was honestly really surprised coming back that it was not anything like I had first experienced. Still love your sister location across from beertown in Waterloo. That is until something happens to change my mind. Hopefully it won't. I'm an extremely loyal customer. If I find a restaurant I like - price does not matter as long as service and quality justify what I am paying.Special Features:
- Unfortunately disappointedIlovefoodDined on 8/2/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and were very excited. I started with bisque and grilled oysters. The bisque was good but the grilled oysters were awful. I ordered four oysters and two of them had been grilled so long that the butter completely evaporated and the oysters were a shriveled and dry. That should have been obvious to the person preparing it but they served it to me anyways. The steak and lobster were great but the truffle mac & cheese was not. The pasta was really undercooked and the cheese sauce was runny. The portion was also huge and I would have happily accepted a smaller amount if it was better quality. For some reason we were not offered dessert. We were handed our bill without asking.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We love the oysters here. The sauces are fresh and incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of ingredientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I was disappointed for the size of the oyster and mussels. They were extremely small. Especially the size of the meat of the mussels. The taste of the oysters were good, but the size.....I expected more since it was the oyster bar. It was a nice restaurant and food tastes good; however, I felt that they overcharge for the quality they provideSpecial Features:
- Delicious and appealinghungrygirlDined on 7/22/2014This was not my first visit to King Crab. As was the case previously, the food was presented in an appealing, artistic manner. I had the Trout and my companion chose the Sea Bass. Both were delicious. Our server was attentive without being over-bearing. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- As always.............luvthecrabDined on 7/19/2014We had a great time with family from out of town - food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I had dinner at the King Crab on a Friday evening. We ordered fresh oysters (which were delicious, but poorly shucked), an escargot tower (the only part of the meal we were impressed with), a sea bass main course and a bacon-wrapped monkfish main course. We found the main courses to be disappointing. The sea bass was overcooked and overdone (lots of breading and seasoning that masked the high-end fish) and the vegatables on the side tasted like freezer quality vegatables. The monkfish dish had a very spicy sauce drizzled all around, which made it hard to eat without starting a bonfire in your mouth. The veggies were charred and overcooked Overall, for the price of the meal, we expected it to be better preparedSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!TravellingDuoDined on 7/17/2014King Crab and Oyster bar is a great restaurant with wonderful service and a menu with such a nice mixture. Daily features are superb. If you like escargot, you won't find a better deal with snails aplenty! The ambience is nice with beautiful wood finishing everywhere. Enjoy seafood, chicken, steak, and more. Something for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great Service!!GolfGTIDined on 7/15/2014Great Food & Great Service!!....just lacks a little bit in ambience and the area it's located is odd but the food and service is more important to us and that's why we keep coming back. I also like the booking reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodShawnDined on 7/13/2014The food is below average for the price of the restaurant. The Steak I order was dripping with blood for being ordered Medium/Well. The sweet potatoes were not cook. The rice was still hard. The frites were all under cooked. They also took plates before my kids were done. Best part of the meal was the Bread.
- Good, not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was our first visit, after driving by for years. The service was fantastic which is always nice to see. The food...well it was good. With other venues in the city that leave me wanting more... I doubt we will return to King Crab unfortunately. We have fresh oysters which were okay..a few of them were extremely small which at $3 a piece is disappointing.. but its nature.. can't pick and choose! We both had fish dishes which were good, no complaints at all, just not impressive in any way. Overall a great restaurant, food was good.. but as a foodie I was looking for more, something that would have made me want to go back! Worth a try at least!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent place if you love seafood. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.