King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
907 Victoria St. N
Kitchener, ON N2B 3C3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingcraboysterbar.com/
- Phone: 5197441050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday ONLY: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday:
5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5 pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering services are available, please contact Brian at email@example.com or at 519-744-1050
A word from King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill
Southern Ontario's Premiere Seafood Restaurant. At King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill we make all of our food from the freshest ingredients. Whether it's our fantastic seafood, Ontario AAA Steaks or our in house prepared desserts, our food is the freshest available and is prepared by our excellent team of chefs lead by Chef Karl. Our open concept kitchen allows you to see our food prepared and is an excellent opportunity to see a working kitchen. A small, intimate dining room allows you to enjoy the smells and sizzle of the Open Kitchen. Great value & excellent service, proudly serving you since 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Kitchener ›
King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (36)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very good food with a very nice, cozy environment.Special Features:
- First timers...MarcDined on 8/19/2014This was our (my wife and I) first time at King Crab Oyster Bar & Grill. We ordered oysters on the half shell, a salad and we each had the Jambalya. The salad and Jambalya were excellent; perfectly spicy, lots of seafood and andouille sausage, good portion size. I was less impressed with the oysters...perhaps this is not oyster season. The greeter was friendly and flexible. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu, the beer selection and made the recommendation that we try the Jambalya. Also very attentive. We'll go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseTrishDined on 8/17/2014I saw this restaurant on Groupon or WagJag, I think. I didn't buy the special coupon, but it's a good way to find out about restaurants you may not otherwise know about. We were so pleasantly surprised by the delicious food and interesting menu; it has a very attractive open kitchen. The wait staff is attentive without being overbearing. Will definitely go back when in the area, and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodDuckluverDined on 8/8/2014Our visit from start to finish was extremely enjoyable. We were greeted at the door by the manager and showed to our table as soon as we entered the restaurant. We were seated by the window and enjoyed the view as well as being able to see in the kitchen. Our server was at our table within minutes with glasses of ice water and a smile! The food was all fresh and plated well. Our dietary issues were treated with ease. Our meals were both extremely good and the portions were more than generous. We felt we got more than our money worth. We will be returning to enjoy dessert since we were simply to full to try any! It is hard to find a restaurant that serves King Crab and it did not disappoint!!!Special Features:
- Great Steak and CalamariFirefoxDined on 8/5/2014We came in for a quick dinner before a show and were greeted and seated quickly. Our server was attentive and our food prepared perfectly. The desserts sounded so good and fresh we had the Key Lime Pie to share. It was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy CustomerWilson39Dined on 8/3/2014First time I went here I loved it. Second time, it is inconsistent, Caesar salad was soggy wilted and vinegary, parmasean chip atop was stale and hard to break, Frites were soggy and a tad undercooked. Not justifiable to charge what you do for a meal when you cannot keep it consistent. I was honestly really surprised coming back that it was not anything like I had first experienced. Still love your sister location across from beertown in Waterloo. That is until something happens to change my mind. Hopefully it won't. I'm an extremely loyal customer. If I find a restaurant I like - price does not matter as long as service and quality justify what I am paying.Special Features:
- Unfortunately disappointedIlovefoodDined on 8/2/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and were very excited. I started with bisque and grilled oysters. The bisque was good but the grilled oysters were awful. I ordered four oysters and two of them had been grilled so long that the butter completely evaporated and the oysters were a shriveled and dry. That should have been obvious to the person preparing it but they served it to me anyways. The steak and lobster were great but the truffle mac & cheese was not. The pasta was really undercooked and the cheese sauce was runny. The portion was also huge and I would have happily accepted a smaller amount if it was better quality. For some reason we were not offered dessert. We were handed our bill without asking.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We love the oysters here. The sauces are fresh and incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of ingredientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I was disappointed for the size of the oyster and mussels. They were extremely small. Especially the size of the meat of the mussels. The taste of the oysters were good, but the size.....I expected more since it was the oyster bar. It was a nice restaurant and food tastes good; however, I felt that they overcharge for the quality they provideSpecial Features:
- Delicious and appealinghungrygirlDined on 7/22/2014This was not my first visit to King Crab. As was the case previously, the food was presented in an appealing, artistic manner. I had the Trout and my companion chose the Sea Bass. Both were delicious. Our server was attentive without being over-bearing. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- As always.............luvthecrabDined on 7/19/2014We had a great time with family from out of town - food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I had dinner at the King Crab on a Friday evening. We ordered fresh oysters (which were delicious, but poorly shucked), an escargot tower (the only part of the meal we were impressed with), a sea bass main course and a bacon-wrapped monkfish main course. We found the main courses to be disappointing. The sea bass was overcooked and overdone (lots of breading and seasoning that masked the high-end fish) and the vegatables on the side tasted like freezer quality vegatables. The monkfish dish had a very spicy sauce drizzled all around, which made it hard to eat without starting a bonfire in your mouth. The veggies were charred and overcooked Overall, for the price of the meal, we expected it to be better preparedSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!TravellingDuoDined on 7/17/2014King Crab and Oyster bar is a great restaurant with wonderful service and a menu with such a nice mixture. Daily features are superb. If you like escargot, you won't find a better deal with snails aplenty! The ambience is nice with beautiful wood finishing everywhere. Enjoy seafood, chicken, steak, and more. Something for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great Service!!GolfGTIDined on 7/15/2014Great Food & Great Service!!....just lacks a little bit in ambience and the area it's located is odd but the food and service is more important to us and that's why we keep coming back. I also like the booking reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodShawnDined on 7/13/2014The food is below average for the price of the restaurant. The Steak I order was dripping with blood for being ordered Medium/Well. The sweet potatoes were not cook. The rice was still hard. The frites were all under cooked. They also took plates before my kids were done. Best part of the meal was the Bread.
- Good, not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was our first visit, after driving by for years. The service was fantastic which is always nice to see. The food...well it was good. With other venues in the city that leave me wanting more... I doubt we will return to King Crab unfortunately. We have fresh oysters which were okay..a few of them were extremely small which at $3 a piece is disappointing.. but its nature.. can't pick and choose! We both had fish dishes which were good, no complaints at all, just not impressive in any way. Overall a great restaurant, food was good.. but as a foodie I was looking for more, something that would have made me want to go back! Worth a try at least!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent place if you love seafood. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodiefinderDined on 7/12/2014When first driving up to the place you would not expect to get the food or service you receive. The food was outstanding from appetizer to dessert and the service was absolutely incredible. Great place for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Food was excellent however not a lot to eat. Could have used 2 more pieces of porks and would have been good. If you are hungry food is amazing just not a lot of it.Special Features:
- Out of this world seafoodwhyzrdDined on 6/14/2014It had been a while since i'd been to the King Crab Oyster Bar: greeted like an old friend, attentive and friendly service. The open kitchen adds some interest, albeit with a bit of a noise penalty. Remarkable appetizers, local sourced ingredients (when feasible), spectacular seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darlene St JohnSinjin648Dined on 6/14/2014The service was great and very friendly. My dinner was overall okay-I had shrimp creole, but the quiche like piece didnt taste very fresh. My son loved his jambalya but it was very spicey so U couldnt steal a taste! Mine was also a little spicier than I like but portion sizes were very nice. It was a date night with my son but I will not actually be returning with him as its above average in price. I have never had oysters in Canada and found them delicious but tiny for their price. I would come back with a date for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spot for a nice couples dinnerRomanticDined on 6/13/2014Small and intimate; food was very well done; servers were pleasant; expensive dishes and you have to pay for extras you ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenKarenDined on 6/11/2014Always a wonderful experience. Food is excellent, staff is well trained & friendly. I highly recommend the crab cake & escargot tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small dinning area but amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014The dinning area is tiny, so service and noise can be an issue, but the food and friendly staff is what makes this place a great find. As the main room is so small it enhances the environment to seem more exclusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great service!JoannaDined on 6/5/2014We had our 1st wedding anniversary at King Crab and the menu was fantastic. The service was great. We were never left waiting for food or drinks. The server made sure we were taken care of without constantly intruding. We would recommend King Crab to everyone!Special Features:
- MelMelanieDined on 6/5/2014The service was excellent! Great Menu. The oysters were awsome.Special Features:
- losmateosDined on 5/24/2014This was a lovely evening out as we celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary. The food was absolutely delicious and the service good. I enjoyed pistachio crusted salmon and my husband enjoyed trout. We would definitely go back again and have already recommended it to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Love2BrunchVIPDined on 5/23/2014Lovely restaurant! Every time we come here we have been pleased. The food is prepared and presented with great finesse and the service is excellent...attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- Always greatwelovekingcrabDined on 5/17/2014Once again we had a great meal at King Crab. Chef Karl continues to amaze with his creativity and his joy of cooking. Excellent app (risoto balls), mains(Pickerel and sea bass)and desserts (key lime pie, cheesecake). We can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- First DateNewbiesDined on 5/17/2014The service was excellent. We tried a new wine neither of us had heard of before. The food was very good. We could relax and not feel rushed to order or to leave. Although we were not from that city we already decided that we would have dinner there again in the future. Very nice place, clean and the aromas made you want to eat.Special Features:
- A favoriteToadyDined on 5/17/2014I've dined at King Crab many times since it opened but had not been for a year or more and had both a gift card and an occasion to celebrate. Same excellent service and food as I fondly remember. Bustling, somewhat noisy ambiance when busy which may matter or not to you. Good menu choices with a wide selection of seafood, steak and other dishes. Excellent salads then lobster and steak this particular evening. Would not hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary17OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014table for 2 are too small , if you order soup and say mussels or salad to share, this may not fit on the table. only negative comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutely is niceBennylavaDined on 5/11/2014Food was expensive but not special. Service was pleasant but no attention to detail. Had to ask for cutlery with every course.Special Features:
- Great Service good FoodyummyDined on 5/11/2014Went here for lunch with the family on Mother's day. The service was great as was the food. I would highly recommend King Crab Oyster Bar and grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King Crab - Great RestaurantTravellingDuoDined on 5/10/2014We had such an awesome dinner at King Crab. The food was delicious and the Ontario wine I decided to try was so good. Thank you very much King Crab! Service was excellent as well. Everyone in my party of six raved about it and want to return!Special Features:
- absolutely delicious!foodientrainingDined on 5/10/2014We go to king crab every year for our anniversary. The food is consistently great! My husband loves the lamb shank and the calamari flowers (he could order a dozen for dinner and he would be happy). We love the fact that you can sit and watch the chef at work and chat a little with him. Very enjoyable all around. And out server was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King Crab Oyster Bar & GrillMJB7Dined on 5/10/2014We would have liked there to be more vegetarian friendly options on the menu as one of our party of 4 was a vegetarian. The Seafood Chowder and Mussels appetizers were HUGE (the potatoes and carrots in the chowder were undercooked however) but the salad sizes were woefully (and surprisingly) small. Lobster Alfredo was fantastic, as were the Key Lime Pie and Brownie desserts. Service was very good, always coming by to refill water etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014very good service and the food waspresented nicely and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying SeafoodLuvblackandgoldDined on 5/9/2014Went in with my wife and daughter as a spur of the moment dinner. Used OpenTable instead of trying to look up restaurant's number. Was greeted by a pleasant and enthusiastic host who quickly seated us. Had the oysters for an appetizer - yummy but a bit pricey. Steaks dinners were done very well. Lobster was good. My wife's lobster pasta was good - again a bit pricey. For a decent meal, with one dessert, shelled out 2 c notes. Will definitely go back for steak or even try the King Crab for two...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Two of our meals were excellent as was the service, the drinks and the appetizer. However, the Cuban Shrimp was a big disappointment as the risotto was dry and had little or no flavour and I never did find the apple in the slaw.I would recommend this to a friend.