Kincaid's - St. Paul
380 St. Peter Street
St. Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: (651) 602-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Cody Larson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kincaid's - St. Paul
The seamless combination of cutting edge andContinued
comfort , of trends and tradition, of fresh thinking
and established methods -- Kincaid’s is the
New Classic American restaurant.
comfort , of trends and tradition, of fresh thinking
and established methods -- Kincaid’s is the
New Classic American restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kincaid's - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Kincaid's - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (106)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (53)good for groups (53)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (36)scenic view (31)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (21)hot spot (15)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Wonderful experienceKathrynDined on 11/17/2014The whole dining experience at Kincaid's Saint Paul is delightful. Between the friendly host staff, the spot on service, wonderful wine list, and the out of this world Scallops dinner, everything about Kincaid's is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceJillDined on 11/16/2014My (grown up) children and I went to celebrate their birthdays. Although we did not mention this, our server made a point to ask us what brought us to the restaurant that evening and later follow-up with a birthday treat - complete with candles! The menu had a wide range of selections, and all three of us greatly enjoyed our meals. The ambiance was nice. Excellent service, not rushed, but attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillCDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I came to celebrate our anniversary. We picked Kincaid's based on proximity to the Ordway and because their menu had many relatively affordable entree options despite the high end environment. The service was about the best I can remember ever having. My wife and I joked that although we discussed what we were thinking with our waiter, we weren't sure if we had officially ordered. Enough time passed that we figured we must have. We also joked that the place had a bit of an 80s stock market boom vibe, in a good way. There was a good mix of clientele, including just a mom and her kid as well as some guy ordering a rare high-end whiskey, we he was very glad they had. Our waiter observed that we must be celebrating our anniversary, although we didn't broadcast it. My wife and I agree that it was the best creme brulee we'd ever had. I got the pea salad and the meatloaf. My wife got the maytag blue salad and the ravioli with braised rib. We were both satisfied. I would like to come back and try some other menu options, especially just for lunch or something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningAnniePDined on 11/13/2014the food was delicious, the seating arrangement was perfect for a romantic dinner. We enjoyed our Kinkaid's experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected a little more from foodTimTDined on 11/8/2014Kincaid's was recommended to us by a couple of foodie friends so we decided to give it a try. The squash soup was amazingly delicious, however the entrees were good at best. I asked for medium well/no pink so she said she was going to write down well done. I guess the chef interpreted well done/"no pink"to mean red/bloody. The wait staff cheerfully brought the steak back and it returned as I ordered. The other entrees - salmon and scallops - were good, but not great. Dessert was missing the pumpkin brittle (which sold me on getting the pumpkin ice cream initially.) We had a nice time and overall, enjoyed the experience. But, for $250, I had an expectation of awesome food, which they did not quite deliver on.Special Features:
- GalleriaShopperVIPDined on 11/8/2014We ordered the large fillet. It appeared more llike it had been in a steam oven rather than a crisp crust and tender and juicy on the inside. The taste was good and the sauce that came with it was good. It just didn't look that appealing.Special Features:
- salty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Hi -had the steak and lobster - must say..it was VERY salty!
- Not for Pre-Concert CrowdAFailedExperienceDined on 11/2/2014We couldn't have asked for a worse experience at Kincaid's prior to a concert - never, never go there prior to a concert. We had reservations one hour, 45 minutes prior to concert. At one hour, 15 minutes, we still didn't have a table - are they still learning how to manage for things like this? We ordered immediately because of the situation . . . at 20 minutes prior to concert - we had to get up and leave and STILL did not have our food. Most of the front staff indicated that there wasn't anything they could do when asked when we would get a seat - no 'sorry' or anything - just 'it is what it is'. From a positive perspective - there was someone who finally took charge and tried to help - she was awesome - but unfortunately, a failure.
- Always a great dinnerDinneRefDined on 11/2/2014Kincaid's is one of those constants - you know you'll get great food with great service. Wonderful for special occasions and those pre-show dinners. We liked the new menu, but miss the traditional walleye dinner that has been a favorite of ours for years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014As always the food was excellant, well prepared with great flavor and always at the right temp.Special Features:
- A Special MealJESUDined on 11/2/2014We had a wonderful time ~ The service, amazing; the meals, excellent!Special Features:
- special eveningSAPdinerDined on 11/2/2014We had concert tickets for the XEC, and wanted to enjoy a special evening out prior to the performance. Kincaid's definitely delivered. Our table was near the windows where we could see Rice Park and the Landmark Center. The crab cake appetizer was excellent, and the food was superbly cooked (steaks exactly as we ordered them, scallops had a nice sear).Special Features:
- amazing prime ribcdoshotDined on 11/1/2014I had the prime rib and added shrimp. The prime ribs flavor was the best I have had and it was so tender. I have already recommended it to family and friends. The lobster bisque was outstanding my wife and I just loved it. My wife had the banana foster sunday and loved it. I had the pumpkin cheese cake and I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We arrived a half an hour early expecting to grab a cocktail in the bar area prior to dining. The bar was packed due to the Wild game. The hostess was happy to seat us early and we were not rushed throughout the evening. The service was pretty standard for upscale dining. I got the filet mignon Kincaid's cut and it was excellent! They were happy to make a special meal for me MIL who wanted something not on the menu. Everyone seemed happy with their food and the experience was very good all in all.Special Features:
- One of the Best!JackSDuluthDined on 10/31/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants I have gone to! This was my second time and I am already looking forward to my next visit to St Paul so I can go again! The food is comfort food at it's finest, the salads superb and the service flawless. A total class act!Special Features:
- old lunch standbyStPauliGirlDined on 10/31/2014My team loves your lunch menu. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably Delightful48andyDined on 10/30/2014We have always enjoyed Kincaid's in St. Paul as a dependably delightful place. This time was no exception. In fact, it might have been even better than usual. Our party had four different entres, and all four were excellent. We all raved about our dishes. Our waitress was wonderful, helpful, professional, and yet unobtrusive. She and all the staff were just right. Finally, the setting was exactly what we wanted, comfortable and quiet, so we were able to have wonderful conversation while enjoying good company and great food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceRustyDined on 10/29/2014Great place for a business lunch or dinner with an atmosphere for all occasions, I take clients here frequently for the service, awesome food and location.Special Features:
- Great FoodJerryDined on 10/29/2014Kincaid's - St Paul is our go to place before the theatre!!! Usually try one of there specials, never been disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Special occasionDatenightdineDined on 10/25/2014Great place for celebrating an anniversary, milestone, date night or one of our family favorites after a show at the Ordway. My husband wasn't super pleased with every meal he's had but this time both our meals were especially tasty. Very satisfied with the food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Gave this restaurant a second chance and it did not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.FishVIPDined on 10/25/2014The service was awesome. The lobster bisque was the best we ever had. When our steak arrived overdone and not as we ordered, our server was very attentive. The meat was not great but the 'fix' was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!Nguyv01Dined on 10/24/2014Loved the food and service was excellent!! Would recommend to anyone that asks!!Special Features:
- Always Excellent Place to DineRicoDined on 10/24/2014We always have a great experience from the moment we walk in the door. The standard of service from all who work there is outstanding! Everything we order is always fresh and delicious! Thanks Kincaid's.Special Features:
- Great lunch with great serviceKALH48Dined on 10/24/2014Awesome lunch with great service. Enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Classic and more - Not to be missedUpFromRochesterDined on 10/23/2014Was here for restaurant week. At first only regular menu presented which had us worried a bit, but also allowed us to see the great variety Kincaids has. (It's more than just a steakhouse). RW menu easily available upon request. Portions were not downsized due to RW. Clam chowder and kicked up butternut squash soup were excellent. Prime rib was seasoned just right and done just right at medium. Short ribs were ultra tender and good. Chicken Dijon was done perfectly - light breading and good sear on bottom. (That's not a burn as other reviewer complained). Decor was better than Cap Grille. Service was impeccable - expect a very leisurely, old school, pace that allows plenty of conversation. This restaurant is on our "top five" list.Special Features:
- Great eveningsob1Dined on 10/23/2014We had a group of seven, seated at a round table. It was actually possible to communicate with people on the opposite side of the table. The noise level was a healthy moderate, so this could occur. The ambience was great for our special occasion. I suspect that it would be a nice romantic evening setting as well. Our server was excellent, as was the food!Special Features:
- Yum!lrkronerDined on 10/22/2014We will definitely be back. It was restaurant week and we wanted to try something downtown St Paul. It had been many years since I'd been to Kincaids. The food was super good - with the exception of my prime rib that I ordered. It was pretty tough. I will say though, the service was impeccable and everything else was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionAlexDined on 10/22/2014Great wine list, great food, great location, and excellent service. I highly recommend having dinner here!Special Features:
- Fun Entrees for the palate!jbly007Dined on 10/22/2014I enjoyed the variety of entrees for the dinner offerings. I had the salmon and it was good. Unfortunately, the food came out warm. I love it when my fish comes out hot and ready to eat. All in all, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was great.Special Features:
- Super Yummy!avalanchedivaDined on 10/21/2014My partner and I went for Restaurant Week, which I thought was a great deal ($30 for a 3-course meal) because their menu is a bit on the pricey side. Service was a little slow, but it was busy, the the floor to ceiling windows made for great scenery. They did run out of both the Prime Rib option as well as the Burnt Creme for dessert (on a Tuesday night), which was a bummer, but the other things we got (organic greens salad/chicken dijon for me, butternut squash soup/bacon wrapped meatloaf for him) were so delicious we didn't mind. I thought everything was seasoned perfectly. Since it's a chop house, I bet the Prime Rib was awesome. I'd go back, esp since they always run specials for restaurant week. But go early if you want the steak!Special Features:
- SusanDined on 10/19/2014We did the restaurant week special and I was disappointed in the braised ribs. They were good but I though they needed more seasoning.Special Features:
- Special dinnerNalifromcaliDined on 10/18/2014Friendly greeting, early for reservation, prompt gra Meeting from server aide(bread and h20), pleasant. server never rushed contacted by manager to see how things were. Overall a very pleasant dining experience. Finally found our parking was covered. Had the pork chops, wife could not finish all. I had seared mahi. Of special note the mussels app was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our server, Sarah, was very good and pretty efficient. But we think she had too many tables as she and another server were waiting on a large group probably 12-14 people. We think that things got a little hectic, but Sarah did a great job finally getting our dessert as, apparently, someone else took the one for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner.tandmDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I wanted a place close to the Landmark where we were attending a musical event. We also had a very generous gift certificate from our children so decided this was the night. From check in to leaving, the attention of the staff was excellent. Our waiter was very helpful in a very comfortable way. Our food was presented beautifully and cooked exactly as we wanted it and in a timely manner.Special Features:
- number of timesPennieDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Kincaid's now I think 5 times and every time is the same. Great food, great service, great location! Kincaid's is a fantastic place for any type of occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a Show!KAB1Dined on 10/16/2014I always look forward to a night at the Ordway, but especially when we have dinner at Kincaid's before the show. I can't wait to go back and try the rest of their new fall specials (paired with squash, sweet potatoes, and roasted beets). The food was exceptional, the service was great, and I'm looking forward to our next dinner at Kincaid's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014The food was well prepared and delicious. The service was excellent. It was a lovely meal and since we weren't thrilled with the theatre production, it made the evening out worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionseihpetsDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our parents' 50th Anniversary and had a wonderful dinner. The prime rib was amazing and done perfectly and the mahi mahi was spectacular. Our server was knowledgeable and very nice, especially to my 5 year old (much appreciated). We had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Very accomadating for the business dinner. Experienced waiter took great care of eight Thanks it was well recived by all who attended.Special Features: