Kincaid's - Redondo
500 Fisherman's Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's - Redondo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 3103186080x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm 9:30pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lance Corralez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 8 or more please call the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Any manager 3103186080x
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Kincaid's - Redondo
A classic “Fish, Chop and Steak House”, Kincaid’s has a menu that elicits tradition, yet shows a modern flair of it’s own. Kincaid’s offers spectacular ocean views with an outdoor patio and windows surrounding all dining and bar areas. Offering fine dining in a casual and relaxed atmosphere, Kincaid’s anchors the Redondo Beach Pier as a prime attraction, enticing locals and visitors alike to the destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's - Redondo - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Kincaid's - Redondo reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (159)special occasion (91)great for outdoor dining (88)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (81)great for lunch (79)good for groups (48)romantic (45)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (8)Show More
- Food was delish!Paris4MePleaseDined on 10/23/2014Great menu! Excellent food. We went before sundown and sat at a table by the window so it was warm. Just be aware of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. and Mrs. James NelsonJudyNelsonDined on 10/19/2014We have loved this restaurant from our first visit many years ago--and now they take reservations for the patio. We think of Kincaid's as an extension of our house and have had nothing but outstanding visits for decades. It's just the best!Special Features:
- Wonderful all around!GenosFamilyDined on 10/12/2014Our family loves going to this restaurant. Service is always great, food wonderful, near the beach, what more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperPickyDined on 10/9/2014Our experiences at Kincaids are consistent. Great service, staff and food. They honor reservations & seat us promptly. Always fulfill special requests such as window seats. Staff is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Great place to dine! Makes you feel as if on a vacation. Nothing like being next to the Pacific Ocean. Food tasty, service very pleasant.Special Features:
- Always enjoy eating here!DeliciousVIPDined on 10/9/2014They have changed the menu somewhat since I was there last. We enjoyed trying their new dishes! They were delicious. The waitress was extremely friendly, prompt and helpful.Special Features:
- Good As AlwaysJohnDined on 10/6/2014Once again another good meal at Kinkead's - not quite as good as previous visits, but he service was great and the view is spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014As usual, a great experience at Kincaid's. A quiet night, and service was even more prompt and attentive than usual. Over time we've had many of the fish specials and my favorite, prime rib, but please save room for the key lime pie. By far the best I've had anywhere.Special Features:
- Definitely 'Our Place'2getherWeEatDined on 10/5/2014This is where we come to celebrate everything. Not only do they have outstanding food and service but they have a great rewards program that let's you enjoy it again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHungryhippoDined on 10/5/2014Kincaids used to be very good, with very good service and food. Now it's mediocre food with immature and inexperienced staff. I made a reservation for an outdoor table. We were led through the bar to the patio by the overtly complimenting bar waitress, shown options of a table facing the parking lot or another table which could be arranged to face the building wall! Not being pleased with either option, we requested a table inside and was led through the empty restaurant by the bar waitress who kept trying to get us to sit in her section. After much insisting on our part we were able to secure a window table in the dining room. The food was very salty and oily. Drinks were brought to the table after the entree was finished. Disappointing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The cocktails were great. I wasn't impressed by the food. The prime rib was average and the prawns were over cooked and lacked flavor. I would only return to this restaurant on a drink only basis.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceoo63Dined on 9/28/2014Kincaid's is conveniently located at the second level parking at the Redondo Beach pier. The price commanded for the food yield above-average tasting dishes for the most part. My almond crusted scallops were delicious, but the scallops were ridiculously small - it would've been perfect had big plump diver's scallops been used to prepare the dish. The wife's prime rib was cooked to perfection, but the meat was a bit rougher than we're accustomed to for a prime rib. We still had a great time. What really shined at Kincaid's were the cocktail drinks and service. Our server Leo took fantastic care of us. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- JuliDined on 9/28/2014The only problem I had is that I wanted to make reservations for the Lobster Festival. So I called Kincaids in Redondo Beach and was tole I had to do this online, which I did. I called Kincaids to make sure this worked out OK, They told me the reservations I want should have been for an affiliated restaurant, but were given to us for Kincaids. So I kept them not knowing what to do. We never got our lobster dinner as indicated in your email.Special Features:
- MurphyDined on 9/27/2014Brought my friend there for his Birthday. His food was good he had the Salmon and Prime Rib. I ordered the 48.95 Special Trio. The steak was ok, only 2 tiny prawns the lobster tail was terrible. There was literally 3 small pieces of lobster, it was all dried out. I was quite disappointed for the price. New Chef!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerVARSDined on 9/23/2014This was a [[perfect choice for my husbands 54th birthday dinner. The view is spectacular. The wit staff was attentive and efficient. The food was sublime.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014It is hard to go wrong when you have such an incredible view. The food is good, the service is really good and the atmosphere is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing fine dining!!!shan1031Dined on 9/18/2014Its a great restaurant the food is amazing n the service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great restaurant!darklotuzDined on 9/14/2014We have been going to this location for years and it is a very good place. We enjoy the food quite a bit!Special Features:
- Great as usualtravelerDined on 9/14/2014Best ocean view in Redondo Beach and great food to match. This restaurant is not inexpensive but the food, service, and view make it worthwhile.Special Features:
- Food service too slowluv2dineDined on 9/14/20142 times is a trend. At our last 2 visits, some of the entrees in our party were very delayed in being served. At the prior visit, my husband's meal did not arrive until at least 15-20 minutes after my daughter and I finished ours. The waiter and manager were appropriately apologetic so we gave Kincaid's another try. At this most recent visit, 1 entree arrived in a timely manner (~45 min after sitting down, after drinks and appetizers). The other entrees did not arrive until > 30 min after the first entree was served (& the waiter was nonchalant about it). Had to rush to finish meals, no time for dessert. Such a disparity in when the meals are served really dampens the enjoyment of the dinner experience.Special Features:
- kbgonzalezVIPDined on 9/13/2014Normally we LOVE Kincaids and go there several times a year especially for celebrations. We live in the area and love being near the water. This time we weren't as impressed with the food - we were treating a friend for his birthday. My husband ordered the steak medium, and it came very rare, almost mooing and he had to send it back. My chicken penne pasta was tasty but by the time I was able to get the server's attention to bring me parmesan it was cold. But it heated well in the microwave for breakfast the next day. Wait staff was friendly and bread fabulous. We'll be back as we are assuming it was just an off night.Special Features:
- 2dabeachDined on 9/10/2014outstanding service from the moment we were greeted at the door. the view of the sunset over the ocean was awesome, they even went around raising the window screens as the sun was setting. the food was outstanding !! at our table we had prime rib,lobster, shrimp louie which also came with a perfect filet of salmon,and appetizers. All were enjoyed . we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerKeysterDined on 9/7/2014We had an exceptional dining experience at Kincaid's last night for my birthday. Our server, Lupe, made a recommendation for dinner that turned out to be spot on for us. Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer led to sensational rib eye steak and key lime pie for dessert. All in a relaxed, no-hurry atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard and Julia's birthday dinnerAndy123VIPDined on 9/7/2014Go for the seafood, stay for the food. Very scenic dinner experience, the food held up well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingLousyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great ambiance, beautiful view, but alas, the food and service leaves some to be desired...Special Features:
- A Repeat FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary at Kincaid's the other night. We celebrate occasions like that here. The service was great, and the waiter arranged for a vegetable plate, not on the menu, for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedMiaLinaDined on 9/5/2014It's not a restaurant that I would normally go to for dinner, but I had had some of the best crabcakes there on three other luncheons, so I planned to order crabcakes for dinner. I ordered the crabcakes and added a 6 oz. lobster tail. The crabcakes were salty and dry and tasted 'fishy'. Really odd, since the past three times I had ordered them at lunch they were divine. Not sure if it was a bad night, bad crab, a new chef, or new recipe, but I was very disappointed and did not eat them. My lobster tail was a bit chewy (overcooked) and what appeared to be and tasted like season salt on it. This ruined much of the lobster taste which is why you order lobster in the first place. I was disappointed and will probably not go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- PerfectRolsDined on 9/3/2014This is a lovely spot to sit outside and enjoy the ocean view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib at its bestzevaldDined on 8/31/2014Overall, food & ambiance was great. Only thing was, it took so long before we got our appetizers. Service was kinda slow & could improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shameful!LSezDined on 8/31/2014After years of patronizing this restaurant (mostly because of the location), our recent may very well be our last. Food was cold, waiter was totally frazzled (and was very vocal about it!); and for a Sunday brunch - over a holiday weekend - the restaurant wait staff was completely understaffed. No excuses for such an upscale restaurant, where the menu items are anything but inexpensive, to be this badly managed.
- Not Impressed1MaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014The pier has a new parking system since we last visited where you pay at centrally located machines by estimating how long you'll be there. The restaurant was very crowded and the hostess was very busy but very pleasant and we were seated within 10 minutes of our 5:45 reservation time. I felt the service was slow but the place was crowded but I felt like our waiter forgot about us after the beverages were served. The food was OK. My salmon came with roasted potatoes and veggies. I couldn't find the potatoes because there were only 2 small wedges! They brought a small dish of additional potatoes after I was almost done with the salmon. Our favorite place to eat is Trump in Palos Verdes. The ambiance, noise level and food are 100% better
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014There were truly excessive delays in the arrival of ordered food and drinks on a not particularly busy Sunday evening. Eventually, the manager spontaneously came over to apologize and gave us complimentary discount coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE, FOOD OKDINERDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Kincaids on several occasions. A week ago, the food for brunch/lunch was outstanding. This past weekend, it was very disappointing. Was told the Prime Rib was the best around, so ordered French Dip sandwich. Asked for rare beef & was told that was not possible. It came with well done beef, probably left over from diner. A skimpy sandwich that cost $16.00; could have had a better sandwich for 7.95 at a deli. We also had the Fish & Chips which came looking almost burnt, but soggy & just OK. Also had the Roasted Chicken Dijon which looked OK, but a thin chicken breast for $16.00. The deserts were outstanding. Just wish the food was consistant because we really like Kincaids and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionshagglerDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed a our 3yr anniversary here, chose this spot because it was so highly recommended and had a great dining score, and we both concur with those reviews. Would definitely come back again for another excellent meal and service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic dining Experience!!! Went for a Birthday Party and we were not disappointed. Service was great even though they were extremely busy. Food was phenomenal. Great presentation and prepared exactly as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special daylilypod4Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is very "pricey" but worth it for a special lunch or dinner. Chad, our server, was simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and view are key.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This is a great place for a big group with varied palates or a couple that loves a good steak. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Always a treat....BeachbarbVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed our meal although the steak was a little chewy. The fish is always great, so I will stick with that from now on.. Our favorite waitress is moving on, so it will not be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014For the price , food and service was well below average. I don't mind spending allot for dinner, but I want it to be worth it. It's a shame, because the restaurant and scenery are lovely.Special Features:
- Great for dinnerJLA77Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went for dinner here after spending the day at the beach. We made reservations and we're promptly seated when we arrived. We chose to eat on the patio to enjoy the ocean view. Service was great, not overbearing and not where you had to hunt down the server. The drinks we got were well made and our food was excellent. We will definitely be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.