Kincaid's - Redondo
500 Fisherman's Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's - Redondo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 3103186080x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm 9:30pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lance Corralez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 8 or more please call the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Any manager 3103186080x
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Kincaid's - Redondo
A classic “Fish, Chop and Steak House”, Kincaid’s has a menu that elicits tradition, yet shows a modern flair of it’s own. Kincaid’s offers spectacular ocean views with an outdoor patio and windows surrounding all dining and bar areas. Offering fine dining in a casual and relaxed atmosphere, Kincaid’s anchors the Redondo Beach Pier as a prime attraction, enticing locals and visitors alike to the destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's - Redondo - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Kincaid's - Redondo reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (174)special occasion (99)great for lunch (87)great for outdoor dining (86)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (78)romantic (52)good for groups (46)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (13)hot spot (6)Show More
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014It is hard to go wrong when you have such an incredible view. The food is good, the service is really good and the atmosphere is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing fine dining!!!shan1031Dined on 9/18/2014Its a great restaurant the food is amazing n the service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great restaurant!darklotuzDined on 9/14/2014We have been going to this location for years and it is a very good place. We enjoy the food quite a bit!Special Features:
- Great as usualtravelerDined on 9/14/2014Best ocean view in Redondo Beach and great food to match. This restaurant is not inexpensive but the food, service, and view make it worthwhile.Special Features:
- Food service too slowluv2dineDined on 9/14/20142 times is a trend. At our last 2 visits, some of the entrees in our party were very delayed in being served. At the prior visit, my husband's meal did not arrive until at least 15-20 minutes after my daughter and I finished ours. The waiter and manager were appropriately apologetic so we gave Kincaid's another try. At this most recent visit, 1 entree arrived in a timely manner (~45 min after sitting down, after drinks and appetizers). The other entrees did not arrive until > 30 min after the first entree was served (& the waiter was nonchalant about it). Had to rush to finish meals, no time for dessert. Such a disparity in when the meals are served really dampens the enjoyment of the dinner experience.Special Features:
- kbgonzalezDined on 9/13/2014Normally we LOVE Kincaids and go there several times a year especially for celebrations. We live in the area and love being near the water. This time we weren't as impressed with the food - we were treating a friend for his birthday. My husband ordered the steak medium, and it came very rare, almost mooing and he had to send it back. My chicken penne pasta was tasty but by the time I was able to get the server's attention to bring me parmesan it was cold. But it heated well in the microwave for breakfast the next day. Wait staff was friendly and bread fabulous. We'll be back as we are assuming it was just an off night.Special Features:
- 2dabeachDined on 9/10/2014outstanding service from the moment we were greeted at the door. the view of the sunset over the ocean was awesome, they even went around raising the window screens as the sun was setting. the food was outstanding !! at our table we had prime rib,lobster, shrimp louie which also came with a perfect filet of salmon,and appetizers. All were enjoyed . we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerKeysterDined on 9/7/2014We had an exceptional dining experience at Kincaid's last night for my birthday. Our server, Lupe, made a recommendation for dinner that turned out to be spot on for us. Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer led to sensational rib eye steak and key lime pie for dessert. All in a relaxed, no-hurry atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard and Julia's birthday dinnerAndy123VIPDined on 9/7/2014Go for the seafood, stay for the food. Very scenic dinner experience, the food held up well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingLousyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great ambiance, beautiful view, but alas, the food and service leaves some to be desired...Special Features:
- A Repeat FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary at Kincaid's the other night. We celebrate occasions like that here. The service was great, and the waiter arranged for a vegetable plate, not on the menu, for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedMiaLinaDined on 9/5/2014It's not a restaurant that I would normally go to for dinner, but I had had some of the best crabcakes there on three other luncheons, so I planned to order crabcakes for dinner. I ordered the crabcakes and added a 6 oz. lobster tail. The crabcakes were salty and dry and tasted 'fishy'. Really odd, since the past three times I had ordered them at lunch they were divine. Not sure if it was a bad night, bad crab, a new chef, or new recipe, but I was very disappointed and did not eat them. My lobster tail was a bit chewy (overcooked) and what appeared to be and tasted like season salt on it. This ruined much of the lobster taste which is why you order lobster in the first place. I was disappointed and will probably not go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- PerfectRolsDined on 9/3/2014This is a lovely spot to sit outside and enjoy the ocean view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib at its bestzevaldDined on 8/31/2014Overall, food & ambiance was great. Only thing was, it took so long before we got our appetizers. Service was kinda slow & could improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shameful!LSezDined on 8/31/2014After years of patronizing this restaurant (mostly because of the location), our recent may very well be our last. Food was cold, waiter was totally frazzled (and was very vocal about it!); and for a Sunday brunch - over a holiday weekend - the restaurant wait staff was completely understaffed. No excuses for such an upscale restaurant, where the menu items are anything but inexpensive, to be this badly managed.
- Not Impressed1MaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014The pier has a new parking system since we last visited where you pay at centrally located machines by estimating how long you'll be there. The restaurant was very crowded and the hostess was very busy but very pleasant and we were seated within 10 minutes of our 5:45 reservation time. I felt the service was slow but the place was crowded but I felt like our waiter forgot about us after the beverages were served. The food was OK. My salmon came with roasted potatoes and veggies. I couldn't find the potatoes because there were only 2 small wedges! They brought a small dish of additional potatoes after I was almost done with the salmon. Our favorite place to eat is Trump in Palos Verdes. The ambiance, noise level and food are 100% better
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014There were truly excessive delays in the arrival of ordered food and drinks on a not particularly busy Sunday evening. Eventually, the manager spontaneously came over to apologize and gave us complimentary discount coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE, FOOD OKDINERDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Kincaids on several occasions. A week ago, the food for brunch/lunch was outstanding. This past weekend, it was very disappointing. Was told the Prime Rib was the best around, so ordered French Dip sandwich. Asked for rare beef & was told that was not possible. It came with well done beef, probably left over from diner. A skimpy sandwich that cost $16.00; could have had a better sandwich for 7.95 at a deli. We also had the Fish & Chips which came looking almost burnt, but soggy & just OK. Also had the Roasted Chicken Dijon which looked OK, but a thin chicken breast for $16.00. The deserts were outstanding. Just wish the food was consistant because we really like Kincaids and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionshagglerDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed a our 3yr anniversary here, chose this spot because it was so highly recommended and had a great dining score, and we both concur with those reviews. Would definitely come back again for another excellent meal and service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic dining Experience!!! Went for a Birthday Party and we were not disappointed. Service was great even though they were extremely busy. Food was phenomenal. Great presentation and prepared exactly as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special daylilypod4Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is very "pricey" but worth it for a special lunch or dinner. Chad, our server, was simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and view are key.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This is a great place for a big group with varied palates or a couple that loves a good steak. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Always a treat....BeachbarbVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed our meal although the steak was a little chewy. The fish is always great, so I will stick with that from now on.. Our favorite waitress is moving on, so it will not be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014For the price , food and service was well below average. I don't mind spending allot for dinner, but I want it to be worth it. It's a shame, because the restaurant and scenery are lovely.Special Features:
- Great for dinnerJLA77Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went for dinner here after spending the day at the beach. We made reservations and we're promptly seated when we arrived. We chose to eat on the patio to enjoy the ocean view. Service was great, not overbearing and not where you had to hunt down the server. The drinks we got were well made and our food was excellent. We will definitely be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch Best Serviceextraordinary1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Thank you to the staff especially Reggie the GM, who accommodated my friends with an item not on the menu. Also, Daniel our server, was extremely engaging and attentive. We all had a very good experience and I highly recommend dining at Kincaid'sSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceSueEDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed a special night out with good friends. The food was delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Perfect for almost any situationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have been coming to Kincaid's for years and it has served me well in so many ways. Whether it's a business lunch, a Birthday dinner with family or a night out with girlfriends, Kincaid's is the perfect choice. Their menu offers enough variety to satisfy even the pickiest eater and the staff are always pleasant and efficient. As a new mother, I especially appreciate Kincaid's kid-friendliness. It is the ideal place to start teaching my toddler the rules of "fine dining." Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always excellent!MychaelaDined on 8/4/2014Our server Leonardo was outstanding! He knew all the specials perfectly! I had the raviola's and short ribs - delicious, I ate it all We'll be back soon for sure! Keep up the excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Evening OutBeachbarbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Greatly enjoyed the evening with friends, good food and excellent martinis. It was not crowded so the noise level was low and made for a mellow outing. The food was good as usual and the halibut cheeks were a nice change of pace. Nothing exceptional on the menu, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodDeliciousVIPDined on 7/30/2014I ordered the Halibut Cheeks and they were excellent. The service was superb as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantgsfromcovinaDined on 7/28/2014The service and food was excellent. Our server Edgar provided the best service I've ever received at a restaurant. The food was excellent as well. I will recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redondo beach seafood shopksloDined on 7/27/2014We went to kincades for dinner with friends when we we in California for a vacation. The restaurant is difficult to find because it is at the far end of the pier be prepared to get confused on how to get to the correct parking lot on the pier. The overall atmosphere is very touristy, the food wasn't bad but I did think it was a tad on the expesniveling side.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerKalleDined on 7/26/2014Great place to celebrate anyone's birthday. xcellent service but strongly reccomend making reservations especially on a weekend. Loved the specials.Always ask for them before ordering. Will be going back for sure for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flood, service below expectationRegulargoerDined on 7/26/2014We have been going to Kincaid's for years, and the food and service have been very good. But on a couple of occasions, the food has been a letdown, and last visit was one of those occasions. Our Open-Face Crab Sandwiches had been left waiting for too long so that they had cooled down, and the final products were too rich on mayonnaise and low on crab meat. There was a mixup between the servers and never got the corn bread; instead, the table next to us got both our and their own servings. Our server was friendly and the location is always spectacular. The new gray paint inside seems to help make the restaurant look and feel with the times. Just wish the food was more consistent.
- Birthday celebrationL0723VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was delish, the service was GREAT. Always love the view.Special Features:
- Kincaid's=amazing!StephDined on 7/20/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. The subtle lighting makes for a romantic vibe. Everyone is super nice. Our server Leonardo even went out of his way to go to the parking machine and add an extra hour to our parking spot so as not to disrupt our amazing dinner. The food was amazing and perfect portions to leave just enough room for the creme brûlée. I've never had a creme brûlée like this one. Kincaid's is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, bad waiterRegularDined on 7/19/2014We love Kincaids, but not this time. Took a friend to celebrate his birthday. I noted the birthday in the reservation, and I gave the host an order for a brownie sundae dessert, and a description of the birthday boy to whom it should be presented. He later assured me that he had given that order to the waiter. Not only did it never come, the waiter came and asked if we wanted dessert. Thinking he had our order, I said no. Then, he gave the check to the birthday boy. Also, never offer soda refills. And when asked, waiter said the salmon in the prime rib and salmon combo was wild King salmon. It was not! We'll be back but if we get the same waiter we'll refuse the table. And, presented dining cub card ($236 tab) and got no points.Special Features:
- Not as impressedTakenoteDined on 7/18/2014My prime rib was overcooked and not warm, the veggies were completely under cooked and not warm. The mashed potatoes were good and I had a wonder pea salad to start. Our server was somewhat sufficient however, only passed by very quickly and never gave me enough time to clear my mouth to ask for a second glass of wine. The view, as always, was spectacular but it just wasn't the kind of experience I expected to have when paying that kind of money.Special Features:
- MychaelaDined on 7/17/2014Excellent! Serice was great, unable to sit in the outside area because of a party taking place! Fortunately we got a booth next to a window and were able to view the ocean!Special Features: