Kincaid's - Redondo
500 Fisherman's Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's - Redondo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 3103186080x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm 9:30pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lance Corralez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 8 or more please call the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Any manager 3103186080x
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:30pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Kincaid's - Redondo
A classic “Fish, Chop and Steak House”, Kincaid’s has a menu that elicits tradition, yet shows a modern flair of it’s own. Kincaid’s offers spectacular ocean views with an outdoor patio and windows surrounding all dining and bar areas. Offering fine dining in a casual and relaxed atmosphere, Kincaid’s anchors the Redondo Beach Pier as a prime attraction, enticing locals and visitors alike to the destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's - Redondo - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Kincaid's - Redondo reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (172)special occasion (103)great for lunch (82)great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (53)romantic (45)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (12)hot spot (3)Show More
- Prime Rib at its bestzevaldDined on 8/31/2014Overall, food & ambiance was great. Only thing was, it took so long before we got our appetizers. Service was kinda slow & could improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed1MaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014The pier has a new parking system since we last visited where you pay at centrally located machines by estimating how long you'll be there. The restaurant was very crowded and the hostess was very busy but very pleasant and we were seated within 10 minutes of our 5:45 reservation time. I felt the service was slow but the place was crowded but I felt like our waiter forgot about us after the beverages were served. The food was OK. My salmon came with roasted potatoes and veggies. I couldn't find the potatoes because there were only 2 small wedges! They brought a small dish of additional potatoes after I was almost done with the salmon. Our favorite place to eat is Trump in Palos Verdes. The ambiance, noise level and food are 100% better
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014There were truly excessive delays in the arrival of ordered food and drinks on a not particularly busy Sunday evening. Eventually, the manager spontaneously came over to apologize and gave us complimentary discount coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE, FOOD OKDINERDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Kincaids on several occasions. A week ago, the food for brunch/lunch was outstanding. This past weekend, it was very disappointing. Was told the Prime Rib was the best around, so ordered French Dip sandwich. Asked for rare beef & was told that was not possible. It came with well done beef, probably left over from diner. A skimpy sandwich that cost $16.00; could have had a better sandwich for 7.95 at a deli. We also had the Fish & Chips which came looking almost burnt, but soggy & just OK. Also had the Roasted Chicken Dijon which looked OK, but a thin chicken breast for $16.00. The deserts were outstanding. Just wish the food was consistant because we really like Kincaids and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionshagglerDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed a our 3yr anniversary here, chose this spot because it was so highly recommended and had a great dining score, and we both concur with those reviews. Would definitely come back again for another excellent meal and service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic dining Experience!!! Went for a Birthday Party and we were not disappointed. Service was great even though they were extremely busy. Food was phenomenal. Great presentation and prepared exactly as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special daylilypod4Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is very "pricey" but worth it for a special lunch or dinner. Chad, our server, was simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and view are key.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This is a great place for a big group with varied palates or a couple that loves a good steak. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Always a treat....BeachbarbVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed our meal although the steak was a little chewy. The fish is always great, so I will stick with that from now on.. Our favorite waitress is moving on, so it will not be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014For the price , food and service was well below average. I don't mind spending allot for dinner, but I want it to be worth it. It's a shame, because the restaurant and scenery are lovely.Special Features:
- Great for dinnerJLA77Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went for dinner here after spending the day at the beach. We made reservations and we're promptly seated when we arrived. We chose to eat on the patio to enjoy the ocean view. Service was great, not overbearing and not where you had to hunt down the server. The drinks we got were well made and our food was excellent. We will definitely be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch Best Serviceextraordinary1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Thank you to the staff especially Reggie the GM, who accommodated my friends with an item not on the menu. Also, Daniel our server, was extremely engaging and attentive. We all had a very good experience and I highly recommend dining at Kincaid'sSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceSueEDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed a special night out with good friends. The food was delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Perfect for almost any situationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have been coming to Kincaid's for years and it has served me well in so many ways. Whether it's a business lunch, a Birthday dinner with family or a night out with girlfriends, Kincaid's is the perfect choice. Their menu offers enough variety to satisfy even the pickiest eater and the staff are always pleasant and efficient. As a new mother, I especially appreciate Kincaid's kid-friendliness. It is the ideal place to start teaching my toddler the rules of "fine dining." Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always excellent!MychaelaDined on 8/4/2014Our server Leonardo was outstanding! He knew all the specials perfectly! I had the raviola's and short ribs - delicious, I ate it all We'll be back soon for sure! Keep up the excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Evening OutBeachbarbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Greatly enjoyed the evening with friends, good food and excellent martinis. It was not crowded so the noise level was low and made for a mellow outing. The food was good as usual and the halibut cheeks were a nice change of pace. Nothing exceptional on the menu, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodDeliciousVIPDined on 7/30/2014I ordered the Halibut Cheeks and they were excellent. The service was superb as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantgsfromcovinaDined on 7/28/2014The service and food was excellent. Our server Edgar provided the best service I've ever received at a restaurant. The food was excellent as well. I will recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redondo beach seafood shopksloDined on 7/27/2014We went to kincades for dinner with friends when we we in California for a vacation. The restaurant is difficult to find because it is at the far end of the pier be prepared to get confused on how to get to the correct parking lot on the pier. The overall atmosphere is very touristy, the food wasn't bad but I did think it was a tad on the expesniveling side.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerKalleDined on 7/26/2014Great place to celebrate anyone's birthday. xcellent service but strongly reccomend making reservations especially on a weekend. Loved the specials.Always ask for them before ordering. Will be going back for sure for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flood, service below expectationRegulargoerDined on 7/26/2014We have been going to Kincaid's for years, and the food and service have been very good. But on a couple of occasions, the food has been a letdown, and last visit was one of those occasions. Our Open-Face Crab Sandwiches had been left waiting for too long so that they had cooled down, and the final products were too rich on mayonnaise and low on crab meat. There was a mixup between the servers and never got the corn bread; instead, the table next to us got both our and their own servings. Our server was friendly and the location is always spectacular. The new gray paint inside seems to help make the restaurant look and feel with the times. Just wish the food was more consistent.
- Birthday celebrationL0723VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was delish, the service was GREAT. Always love the view.Special Features:
- Kincaid's=amazing!StephDined on 7/20/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. The subtle lighting makes for a romantic vibe. Everyone is super nice. Our server Leonardo even went out of his way to go to the parking machine and add an extra hour to our parking spot so as not to disrupt our amazing dinner. The food was amazing and perfect portions to leave just enough room for the creme brûlée. I've never had a creme brûlée like this one. Kincaid's is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, bad waiterRegularDined on 7/19/2014We love Kincaids, but not this time. Took a friend to celebrate his birthday. I noted the birthday in the reservation, and I gave the host an order for a brownie sundae dessert, and a description of the birthday boy to whom it should be presented. He later assured me that he had given that order to the waiter. Not only did it never come, the waiter came and asked if we wanted dessert. Thinking he had our order, I said no. Then, he gave the check to the birthday boy. Also, never offer soda refills. And when asked, waiter said the salmon in the prime rib and salmon combo was wild King salmon. It was not! We'll be back but if we get the same waiter we'll refuse the table. And, presented dining cub card ($236 tab) and got no points.Special Features:
- Not as impressedTakenoteDined on 7/18/2014My prime rib was overcooked and not warm, the veggies were completely under cooked and not warm. The mashed potatoes were good and I had a wonder pea salad to start. Our server was somewhat sufficient however, only passed by very quickly and never gave me enough time to clear my mouth to ask for a second glass of wine. The view, as always, was spectacular but it just wasn't the kind of experience I expected to have when paying that kind of money.Special Features:
- MychaelaDined on 7/17/2014Excellent! Serice was great, unable to sit in the outside area because of a party taking place! Fortunately we got a booth next to a window and were able to view the ocean!Special Features:
- Tourist trapFoodCraycrayDined on 7/15/2014The menu, location, and high prices, connote a great restaurant. The quality of the food, and the wine list however, say quite another. Steak was decent at best...Super fatty. Veggies were soggy. crab cakes were decent but not a lot of taste. The wine list was straight off of a Walmart or Albertson's shelf. Mashed potatoes were a redeeming dish and the view was nice. But not enough to justify the high prices.Special Features:
- Perfect Location For A Happy TimeCruzzyDined on 7/15/2014Lunch with good friends. Excellent experience even including the parking structure, now that is high praise! Food was excellent and service as well. Thanks for the patience and courtesy of all to I, the hostess, who was the only guest arriving LATE!!!!Special Features:
- Great Sunset ViewHermosaFoodieDined on 7/7/2014This is a great place to come for a nice dinner and to watch a beautiful sunset over the ocean. We had really fresh seafood this time around with enough variety so that we could share to get lots of different flavors. This is the only place on Redondo Pier with reliably delicious food! We also took a nice walk around the pier after dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The fish was dry and over cooked. We had to send it back. The place was hot and uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to get out of there! The service was the only good thing, but we won't be going back.
- Nice experience!LadydiVIPDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed a relaxing lunch by the water. Hope they keep up the seafood specialties since it's rare to enjoy well prepared seafood by the water like this, even in SoCal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous BrunchSallyDined on 7/6/2014My husband & I enjoyed our 41st anniversary with an excellent brunch at Kincaid's. I had the crab cakes Benedict which was served with rosemary potatoes. The crab cakes were made with lots of crabmeat and were very tasty. My husband had the lobster & crab scramble in a puff pastry, generous on the seafood and also delicious. What could be better than sipping champagne and eating great food while looking out at the ocean! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Born2eatDined on 7/5/2014The food tasted good as expected but the service was very slow, especially considering that the dining room was not full when we were there. A salad and a half dozen raw Oysters ordered as starters took almost 30 minutes to arrive at the table. Not like they had to cook anything for those. Although the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating we felt the food was indeed overpriced for what it was and for the same money we know of several fine dining restaurants in the area we would rather go to. We would consider this place a tourist destination and not a regular stop for us locals. We dined there 2 years ago and never went back but decided to give it another chance now...same result. We will not be going back!Special Features:
- Service Makes the DifferenceBeachbarbVIPDined on 7/5/2014The last few times we have eaten at Kincaid's we had been disappointed that the service was not up to its usual standard. This time, however, we got Lisa again and the evening couldn't have been nicer. Her attention to you is timely and unobtrusive and the order is always right. Kincaid's should put her in charge of training new staff....Special Features:
- Kincaid'sPSYCS02Dined on 7/4/2014A group of five of us had a late dinner on the 4th of July. It was very crowded, and some of the dinners were not up to their usual standards. Nonetheless, considering the number of people waiting to be seated (with and without reservations) and those already being served, Kincaids did a good job. Our waiter (8:45 p.m. reservations for 5) had a wonderful sense of humor and added fun to our evening. His recommendations were good and his mood, very pleasant.Special Features:
- July 4siuolDined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent. The service was tremendous. Our server, Lisa, was extraordinarily professional and attentive. Rule #1 - Our water glasses were filled continually and without prompting.Special Features:
- Great Dining Location-Food-Servicemgm21Dined on 7/4/2014The Redondo Beach Kincaid' s was 'Great Again' ... Highly recommend for Brunch - Lunch - Dinner !!!Special Features:
- Always a good experience !!!BarnicalBillDined on 7/3/2014Kinkaid's has a commanding view of the coastline, great food, cocktails and service. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MarkDined on 7/2/2014Great way to celebrate a birthday! Service was excellent! Food was amazing!Special Features:
- A favoriteJudeKDined on 7/2/2014Kincaid's continues to be our go to favorite. Our most recent visit was for a much needed date night. The service was great! The return of small plate lamb chops on the nightly specials made the night for me. I had missed them! Pre dinner cocktails, a favorite wine with dinner, shared peach cobbler...YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.