Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
1 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 5108358600x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Sat & Sun 10:30am-2pm
Try our Bloody Mary Bar & Champagne Specials!
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 3pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 3pm-10pm, Sun 3pm-9pm
Lounge: Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate parties of 100 people or more. Please call a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Palmer 5108358600x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
Located on the waterfront in historic Jack London Square, lies Kincaid's Bayhouse. Truly, today's interpretation of a traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse. One will find the food and beverage to be the finest available and where possible, prepared and served in the tradition of an old-time Fish and Steakhouse. Fresh fish flown in daily, prime select cuts of beef, along with signature dessert items are just a few reasons that set Kincaid's apart from other restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland - Best Restaurants in Oakland ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (111)special occasion (75)romantic (49)good for groups (39)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Wish it were betterSimoneDined on 8/25/2014Kincaids has been a go-to for our family for decades. I ordered the Halibut special and it was so dry and over-cooked I barely at it. I didn't want to make a stink as this was a nice event, but the waiter didn't ask why I left my plate full. At $32 it was very disappointing. The wings and crab dip were good as usual! With all of the new competing restaurants in the area, a bathroom renovation is really necessary it really drags this restaurant down and feels unclean.
- Could be better...JVegaDined on 8/18/2014Kincaid's is a beautiful restaurant with a decent wine list, friendly (albeit can be slow) service, and food that is hit-and-miss. Almost as though the kitchen slacks off a bit on a night like a Monday. That's too bad because with a little more attention to plating and making sure all the food is all hot, etc, it would be really, really great...Special Features:
- dishwasher neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Although I like this place and will return, you have to check the glassware set on the table. One of the two empty wineglasses had a visible lip smudge. Both filled water glasses had lip smudges, too, and had to be returned. I could see across to another table that an empty wineglass also had a lip smudge. If servers are not checking for this, you need to check. Hopefully, it will not be as bad next time, and I had not noticed it in previous dining experiences there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good potential but not realizedAlamedaChrisDined on 8/13/2014I took a group of my employees we were honoring to dinner. I made the reservation weeks in advance, requesting a window table. Not only was our table not ready at the designated time, but it was not a window table despite the restaurant's being half-empty. Service was good throughout the meal and most of my guests enjoyed their orders. Mine was not so good - a dried out piece of rock fish with a crab topping that was mostly breadcrumbs. The broccoli rabe was dry beyond belief and inedible. Potatoes overwhelmed by an excess of butter and garlic. There is a reason I prefer my own home cooking and it's an experience like this that confirms my opinion. Stick to the basics; Kincaid's does not do fine cuisine very well.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Food and view made it a great quiet night out for us. Service was very good. Would recommend for romantic evening or family celebration. Warm, friendly and good food. Love the view at sunset,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least a four star experienceUsa123rcDined on 8/12/2014It has always been a first class experience for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Nice welcome, good service, pleasant view, perfectly cooked salmon, very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It remind me of a restaurant@a mallBadfoodDined on 8/9/2014To get to your seat you had to walk thou kitchen, while cooking going on. Even when the recp. Saw me blowing and whipping my nose. 1st sign of what to expect. Cold food. Having to ask over and over for water,napkins,soup spoons, not teaspoons, ordered lobster-ask for butter-not. Drinks sweating on glasses, from sitting@ bar to long and then asking again, where are the drinks, silverware....I had appetizers, went to use bathroom, came back, everything was gone. Waiter/wAiteress was fast removing plate with food, but slow on bringing it to the table. Pry of 10, half received hot food, 1/2 got lukewarm.....VERY BAD Experiance for 500.00 dollars
- view not enoughserve2allVIPDined on 8/5/2014Lovely bay views but a cocktail took 30 mins to get at the bar (only one bartender working the whole place) and my martini drink glass was half full. The total horror was the Kincaid Cut 1lb prime rib...it was NOT TENDER!!!And they charged $40 for that. Expensive meal with poor bar service and not very PRIME rib. The prime rib at Townhouse, Emeryville, is better and less expensive.Special Features:
- back after a whileEATS4BB3VIPDined on 8/3/2014Had two steak dishes GRILLED SMOKED SIRLOIN & CHAR-GRILLED FILET both were tasty, tender and cooked as ordered. My dining companion felt the CHOWDER had too much going on, but the GRILLED JUMBO TIGER PRAWNS made up for that. MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE SALAD is still great as is the OVEN ROASTED CRAB AND ARTICHOKE DIP. Made for another good meal the next day.Special Features:
- Very good experienceeatoutVIPDined on 8/3/2014We arrived to celebrate an adult's birthday, a party of 8 with 3 children, 1 a busy 17 month old. Our waiter--Carlos--was exceptional--attentive and patient! He made changes to the menu offerings when we asked for both adults and kids, arrived quickly with food for the kids so they didn't have to wait, brought a delicious free dessert to the birthday girl, checked on us frequently, and put up with the children coming and going to and from the table frequently. Our dinners were good--not outstanding, but enjoyable. Children's dinners were reasonable, tasty, and ample. And of course, the view is outstanding. A great place for a family celebration. We lingered quite a while after dinner and never felt pressured to free the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service!Dining4Fun03Dined on 8/1/2014We came here for lunch and made a reservation. We came a bit early and were directed to the bar. It took a while to get seated despite many empty tables and our reservation. When we were finally seated no server came by. We had to ask a busboy to see if he could track down someone to help us. At this point we had already been at the restaurant for at least an hour! After finally taking our order we again had to wait and again had to ask for somone to check on it.No one asked us if we wanted water and again we had to track down our server(who we found chatting in the service station) to pay our check. Awful experience. Do not come here over your lunch break unless you have 2.5 hours and don't mind having to ask for everything. What a shame.
- Mom' BdayJuliaChildFanDined on 7/30/2014Celebrated my mother's 65th birthday here. Kincaid's is a beautiful restaurant by the water with an A+ view. Our waiter, Jacob was charming, helpful and relaxed. He could have used a little more urgency. The appetizers and bread are very good: oysters, calamari and lobster bisque. The majority of the party ordered the scallops, which were excellent. The side of kale, however was not very good. It was a bit under. The birthday girl had the halibut but the corn succotash was OK. Overall, the seafood was delicous but the sides were underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Nice restaurant. Menu is a little limited but the food was good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan/plant based optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Limited to salads minus cheese and dressing. Minimimum effort by restaurant staff to accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendReneeSVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our visit did not get off to a great start this time. Due to miscommunication, we were left without a server until we brought it to the restaurant's attention. They did then correct the error and our server took over. I have been here many times, but his time was not outstanding. The food was okay, but not exceptional, and the service was also not exceptional. The view of the water is good, and the ambience of the overall setting is good. If I am in the area, I would return, but this was not their best offering.Special Features:
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been to Kincaid many times and in general it was good. We feel that both the service and quality of food is degrading, The main course was delivered late. More concerning is the Halibut was very dry and somewhat cold.Special Features:
- AUD1Dined on 7/19/2014Very enjoyable evening"" Food was Great as ALWAYS'' Waiter was very courteous and efficient . Will definitely return real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencePaulabluDined on 7/15/2014Arrived 30 minutes early for my husbands 65th birthday. Was seated right away. I requested a window table with a great view in my reservations which was honored even though we were early. Totally great experience from the time we arrived to the time we leftSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerluvgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014Unfortunately, this was a "Birthday" dinner for a very good, close, co-worker of mine. When the dinner was delivered it was not piping HOT, in fact it was "luke" warm.Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencePabloDined on 7/8/2014I was graciously welcomed by attentive staff, then ushered to a table with spectacular waterfront views, with nearby sailboats and gulls adding to the restaurant's already elegant ambiance, including its light, rhythmic music in the background. Wait staff Todd and manager Tim were super cordial, providing upbeat, efficient, and caring service throughout my more-than-pleasant stay. After a healthy serving of the Organic Mixed Greens (with just the right amount of fennel), the main course of Rock Bass with rice kept me increasingly intrigued as I savored every taste. Green beans al dente complemented the undeniably satisfying dinner. Definitely returning with friends, and I'll be sure to treat them and myself to dessert.Special Features:
- menuSoutherne36Dined on 7/5/2014The menu had some great choices; however, I think T - bone steaks should be added to the menu. Southerners love T bones and this would have made the experience more enjoyable. The kitchens fan system was quite dirty as well. You may want to have it cleaned. Other than this, it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartaMartaDined on 7/4/2014Best ever Lavender Cosmo! Excellent food and very good service.Special Features:
- Just okay...JenniQuinnDined on 7/4/2014I indicated we were celebrating a family reunion and wanted something with a view. Our reservation was at 5:15 and definitely a time with direct sun exposure, so we were hoping the restaurant would have had the forethought to put us somewhere we could enjoy the view without drawing the shades. They sat us on the side where the sun sets and "unfortunately" had to draw the shades to get out of the blinding sunlight and heat... they would not accommodate to move a party of 9, so we got no view to speak of. 1/2 the table had their backs to the view anyways. During seating, 2 of us did not get menus and I had to get my own. Twice we had to get up to get server's help and 30 minutes to place an initial order...Food was good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass- go somewhere else!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014Had the parmesan crusted chicken breast- not cooked on one side- sent it back- came out again- the same thing. Ruined our lunch. The waitress was snotty and talked too fast- short, curt, we will NOT go back. Go to Horatios, or Scotts. For sure.Special Features:
- Unfortunate this timegbenz40Dined on 6/28/2014I have had three good experiences at Kincaids, however this time the service was terrible.Special Features:
- good food poor servicealecDined on 6/28/2014service left a lot to be desired, the bus boy seemed competent but the waitress was dissorganised and the hostess must have been new and inexperienced, but the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food/Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/25/2014I always enjoy Kincaid's food...keeps me coming back. But, almost every time I have come, the service has been slow. This last time was the ultimate in slow service. There were not many people, yet the service was super slow. Hard to understand. I may have been able to understand if the restaurant was packed. This is an area that really needs to be worked on. If it weren't that the food is so good, I would not return. Time of day I and the other three in my party were there was approximately 1:30 p.m. this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not what it used to befluffydogDined on 6/24/2014Kincaids has lost something. I'm not sure what but it just feels tired. A few months ago The staff was terrible. However, at my most recent date there the staff was much better. The steaks are still good but the menu needs some updating. It's still good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a beautiful viewbrunchVIPDined on 6/24/2014mashed potatoes with the pork chops and short rib were a little tired looking. Short rib needed seasoning. Prime Rib was good, but no nice crust as advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Food was excellent. I had the twice cooked chicken which was delicious. The clam chowder was prepared at the table. Our server Jacob took great care of us and we will insist on being at his station when we return.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING AS ALWAYSArtOVIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything about my dinner at Kincaid's was terrific! Our server, Carlos, was a delight! He was polite, engaging, funny and very helpful. He knew the menu very well and guided us through difficult choices among the many tempting items. He was attentive without hovering and always approached us with a smile and an eagerness to help. I have the impression that this man really enjoys his job at Kincaid's and his positive attitude is contagious. The food was great! I had the Teriyaki Glazed Salmon, while my date had the ribeye steak. Both dishes were prepared exactly as we had requested, medium rare steak and medium well salmon. The atmosphere and ambiance were terrific, as was the beautiful view. Kincaid's never disappoints!Special Features:
- A Warm Welcome at KincaidsReneeSVIPDined on 6/19/2014We have made it an annual tradition to have lunch at Kincaids over the summer. We are retired teachers and we worked together over the past sevral years. Kincaids has been great at assigning us a good table with a view. The reservation process was easy and efficient. We were seated when about half of us were there, the waitress was patient with our ordering and good about getting our attention to place the order. The food came out quickly and was well prepared. It was a great get together for us, and a good job on the part of Kincaid's to make us feel comfortable and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kincaid's is a Winner!DivadebbieDined on 6/15/2014I've dined at this restaurant many times and it's always a pleasure. The bar scene is enchanting, you can catch the plays of the day on the TV monitors and the appetizers, salads & entrees are worth the wait. My favorite libation is the "Lavender Martini"!!! You can't go wrong at Kincaids!Special Features:
- Lovely placePuffydustDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was really fantastic! Our server was awesome and very attentive, particularly in refilling our coffee (without us having to ask). We were impressed with the garlic bread and blueberry muffins which came out to start, especially when our server brought them before we'd decided what to order. Really enjoyed the pear bread pudding French toast and my bite of hubby's Breakfast Wellington. We sat by the window and our friends' toddler quite enjoyed the view of the boats passing by. I think/hope this will be nice place to which we can return!Special Features:
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We did not have a good experience at Kincaids. Service was very poor waiter was overwhelmed serving to many tables. The food was the worst of the entire experience clam chowder for everyone at table of 8 was cold crab cakes were dry and salad served with crab cakes was wilted and without any dressing . Sliders had very little meat on them. Cod fillets was not nut encrusted and they were over cooked Waiter tried his best but was unable to provide good service. We will definitely not be returning
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant used to have great food and service. It has gone way downhill in the past year.Special Features:
- Never a dissappointmentDerbyDined on 6/14/2014We live in So. Cal and whenever we are in Northern Califorinia we try to make sure to eat one meal at Kincaids. Regina was our server and she was great. We had brunch for the first time. I will say it was not as good as the dinners we have had but still worthy of a try.Special Features:
- InterestingUnacceptableDined on 6/13/2014We did not enjoy Kincaid's: .. . What is with patrons wearing hoodies and baseball caps, rolling joints at the table and behaving like a bunch or adolescents? No lie, the next table over from us had a couple seated for dinner. She was dressed nicely, he wore a hoodie with the hood up and a baseball cap on top of the hood. When she got up to leave, he started rolling joints at the table. No Staff member came over and suggested he do that outside. Their behavior on top of the other thuggish looking patrons spoiled what should have been an enjoyable dinning experience. Baseball caps, hoodies, doo rag bandanas. The dinning experience was really tarnished and we won't be going back to Kincaid's again because of it.Special Features:
- SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/13/2014Great meal but all the people on one side of our table were blinded when the sun was setting. Don't go at night until after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.