Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
1 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: (510) 835-8600
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Sat & Sun 10:30am-2pm
Try our Bloody Mary Bar & Champagne Specials!
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 3pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 3pm-10pm, Sun 3pm-9pm
Lounge: Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate parties of 100 people or more. Please call a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Palmer 5108358600x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
Located on the waterfront in historic Jack London Square, lies Kincaid's Bayhouse. Truly, today's interpretation of a traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse. One will find the food and beverage to be the finest available and where possible, prepared and served in the tradition of an old-time Fish and Steakhouse. Fresh fish flown in daily, prime select cuts of beef, along with signature dessert items are just a few reasons that set Kincaid's apart from other restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland - Best Restaurants in Oakland ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- They let me customize my meal and know how to doTreborInQDined on 11/24/2014I wanted dressing on the side and srasoning mixed in my salad, they got it right. I wanted vegetables steamed as side dish, they weren't on menu, but the chef prepared a healthy delicious plate for me. I'd like to see a light healthy option in each section of the menu. Most main dishes have butter or cream sauce which I don't need. Glad they were able to prepare without. Certainly every dish at our table was enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for that special meal w/great sceneryCurly44Dined on 11/22/2014Love this restaurant if you have a special occasion and you are looking for a relaxing, great wait staff and great atmosphere to have a nice dinner or meal. Hard to beat the scenery sitting at a table overlooking the water and Alameda estuary. Menu has a very nice variety to satisfy the traditional steak and meat eaters to the sea food enthusiasts. Open Table worked great for securing my reservation. The night was crowded but the wait staff still managed to place me at one of the outer tables located alongside the expansive window views of the estuary. My Prime Rib was outstanding, great cut with little fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was helpful with the wine.GloriaDined on 11/22/2014Kincaid's had several Chef's Specials. They were chicken, fish, pork and a crab dish. I had the fish dish and my friend had the crab dish. We both enjoyed our food. The wine blended well with our selection. Finishing the dining off with a hot Bread Pudding and ice cream. YUMYUM!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High praise for KincaidsMoonTrekkerDined on 11/19/2014Excellent food in a beautiful location and an attentive staff. Worth a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful waterfront restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Had my birthday dinner here. Great service. Apps were great. The crab cake in my flat iron and crab cake was way overdone and hard. Disappointed but the steak was delicious. My brother ordered the petite cut prime rib. They might want to put the horseradish on the side and not on the steak because he accidentally took a big chunk of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view and good foodgoodtogoalDined on 11/8/2014The service was great and the view at sunset was delightful. Good food as well...yumSpecial Features:
- MehHillforkVIPDined on 11/8/2014There was a religious preacher meeting out in the main room kind of awkward. Waiter screwed up my order- no hollandaise on eggs benedict, not subtle.
- HankkeaneDined on 11/7/2014Excellent Food and service. and JLS has really really improved it's image!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Water viewFrepDined on 11/4/2014The ambiance and service was excellent. The food was good but not as good as I remember from former visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBruceDined on 10/31/2014Been here many timessages and it's consistently great. Great food, view and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaynicholsDined on 10/25/2014Food overdressed with too many flavors. Fish dry. Over priced for quality.Special Features:
- Was probably great 10 years agomystikmikeDined on 10/22/2014We made reservations for my wife's birthday, and invited our two adult sons to join us. We were seated next to rather loud table to women on their night out (tough to hear, but it was nice once they left). The food was decent, including the garlic bread they serve as an appetizer. We had different entrees, including seafood and steak - all done well. Dessert was also nice, with one exception. I had made a note on our reservation that this was my wife's birthday. Normally when Open Table restaurants see this in the comments section, they at least put a candle on the dessert item. Not here - a disappointment. Really a shame. I like the setting. The wait staff were attentive. But some details were missed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningNancyPantzyDined on 10/18/2014We met here with another couple from San Jose. We are from Sacramento. It was a beautiful restaurant situated on the water. The daily specials were delicious. We all tried each other's food! Plan ahead so you can have ample time to park. We parked at a nearby garage structure. We have eaten here on two occasions, fabulous restaurant. The staff is professional and personable. I definitely recommend Kincaids's Bayhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foid subparFlemingVIPDined on 10/12/2014we've eaten there before -about 10 yrs ago - foid was much better then. Lamb was dry and my dish was saturated in oil.
- Good food valueMonkeeBDined on 10/12/2014Went for brunch and had eggs Benedict and endless mimosas. Food was good, waiter nonexistent after he took our order. Our endless mimosas ended at one because he never came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful EveningMSG1Dined on 10/11/2014Kincaid's made our wedding anniversary feel as special as it was. From the hostess who wished us a Happy Anniversary through to the busser who greeted us, we felt like they understood that it was a celebration for us and served us accordingly. We would definitely go back again. They were busy and we had to wait a LONG time for our beverages, but they were apologetic and it was easy to overlook this because they were so friendly.Special Features:
- really goodmaxwellDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant is consistantly good. Water view dining. We were able to easily get a reservation. The wait staff are very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and outstanding service! We love eating here.Special Features:
- RVLuvDKinDined on 9/28/2014Not as consistent with their foods as it was in the past. Changes will send customer to other restaurant's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigfamhappyDined on 9/27/2014We had a party of 9 for a family birthday. We were a bit needy and asked a lot of our server. The food was great, the service was terrific and we enjoyed the entire 3 hours we were there. This is a fairly expensive place for dinner and drinks, but it was worth it for our celebrations.Special Features:
- Very Pricey.HandyAndyDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were great. We were seated in the middle of nowhere. The bill was a shocker.Special Features:
- The Lamb was amazingColfaxGirlDined on 9/27/2014Everyone one of us raved about how great the food was. I have to say the Lamb was outstanding and they had it seasoned to perfection.Special Features:
- servercrabccakeDined on 9/26/2014Cool server. She "got" my slightly prurient reference but waited to laugh until she knew I made the joke. I'm 81 and she was being respectful to an old lady.Special Features:
- Service is always excellentelizcaVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is good and the ambiance is terrific. Service is always excellent. The food was less great than usual, the burger was gummy. Yes, I know, ewww.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...fjk23Dined on 9/23/2014We made a reservation for two for a 12:30p time. We arrived right on time and had to wait five to ten minutes before being sat. After being sat and nobody coming to our table in over five more minutes, I went and informed the hostess. The hostess was great. She took our drink orders and our server was quick to follow. Writing it off as a miscommunication, our service from then out was amazing. Our food was great, though my girlfriend said she preferred Horatio's. I would go here again if I was in the area but probably wouldn't go out of my way to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemFoodieforlifeDined on 9/19/2014I love this place so much . Manager tony was great he gave us a great table in the corner that was a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, as alwaysmorganalyxDined on 9/18/2014I took my husband & mother-in-law there for dinner recently to celebrate both their birthdays (2 days apart). The food was excellent, as always, but the service this time was lacking, unfortunately. My husband & I were done with our dinners well before Mom was, but our waiter never came to ask if we wanted a doggie bag. Even after Mom finished her meal, he didn't return to our table for at least 10 minutes or more. We also waited a while to get our check after dessert. So, while I love the food & will go back again for a special occasion, I'll be sure not to get the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/14/2014They went out of their way to accommodate special dietary requirements. Had a wonderful evening. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Bar experience was horrible. It took 10mins for them to take our drink order. They had items on their "Libations" menu that weren't available. They ran out of pretty much everything (empty bottles all over the back bar) and had to go to their "stock room" to get my drink, which came out AFTER we were seated for dinner. Food & service was mediocre. We ordered the Fresh Oysters and were brought back baked oysters, 20mins later they corrected their mistake w/ oysters that were raw but not fresh, gross. We had what seemed to be a tag team waiter-ing system and left sitting for ages w/ no service. It took longer than needed between apps & entrees & then final bill (they even gave us the wrong credit card charges/receipts).Special Features:
- ExcellentLandDVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience with wonderful friends, wonderful ambiance so we could talk and be heard, food that was artfully served and delicious, and excellent service. The only thing belowe par was the dessert. Expected spectacular bananas foster but it was only a caramel Sunday with bananas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good. The service was however, less than stellar. We waited 45 minutes for the waiter to take our order. Then we waited longer than one hour for the food to be served. There was only one person tending the bar who served the entire restaurant and the bar. Both areas were extremely full. Everyone who ordered wine had to wait a very long time for the wine.Special Features:
- The Salmon I ordered was perfect.nidaDined on 9/11/2014The Salad was ample and it was delicious. The Salmon was perfect although I would have loved more of the garlic sauce that the vegetables came with for it went so well with the Salmon. The desert Key Lime Pie perfected the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backyard gemDaniDDined on 9/8/2014Our family has been going to Kincaid's for over 25+ years and each time they treat you as if it's your first time there. The price point for the food is right on target and the service is great - the wait staff is always attentive. The kids menu is a bargain for the amount of food they give. Going there and having dinner or drinks right at sunset is the best. Watching the boats on the water and the sunset at the same time - breath taking! I highly recommend Kincaid's for ALL occasions!Special Features:
- Perfect for Nice DinnerTravelingSouthernerDined on 9/7/2014While visiting, we had a chance to dine at Kincaid's. A truly satisfying experience. Fish and shell fish were great. Service outstanding.Special Features:
- Kincaid's still a favTCZDiningTipsVIPDined on 9/7/2014Kincaid's has always been a go-to for great food and service. The view is wonderful. We had a taste for steak. Prime rib and filet mignon were excellent.Special Features:
- AmbianceDrownedDined on 9/7/2014It looked like the inside of the restaurant and bar area were recently renovated. It was very nice and gave a good since of openness. The staff were excellent; friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We chose this restaurant for a periodic meeting with friends to catch up with what has been happening since we last met but the background music was far more than simply BACKGROUND it tended to drown out or over power the conversations. Management needs to reconsider how load the music is broadcasted. It may be that we were just in a particularly load place right under a speaker but then again that should be factored in.Special Features:
- Great Seaside DininggorgiousgeorgeDined on 9/7/2014Typically brilliant service, great food and very tasty food. I usually go for lunch but this last time went for dinner. The service was less than stellar but I didn't recognize the gal from before, so she might have been new (i.e. green) otherwise count on this place for great views/food and service.Special Features:
- Great food bad serviceImngnDined on 9/6/2014I love the food but had very bad service. I ordered ice tea and waited more than 10 minutes to get sugar. The waitress never checked back with our table to even ask if we needed anything else. Another waiter even ask if we wanted dessert. I had to flag down our waitress to get the check and once she brought the check, I had to flag her down to get a pen so I can sign my receipt. It will be a long time before I return back to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I treated my daughter and boyfriend to dinner. We took a seat at in the bar while waiting for a window seat. We ordered drinks and before our drinks arrived we were taken into the dinning room, told that our drinks would follow shortly. Our drinks took 30 minutes to arrive at our table. It then took another 30 minutes before our orders were taken. We all ordered the NY steak and we were all very happy with the food. All in all we had a good experience, and luckily, we were not in a hurry. That being said, I believe their wait staff should be faster to service the patrons.Special Features:
- Consistantly MemorablepmcrickDined on 9/6/2014After more than 20 years, Kincaid's continues to be our "go to" restaurant in the Oakland area.Special Features: