Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
1 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 5108358600x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Sat & Sun 10:30am-2pm
Try our Bloody Mary Bar & Champagne Specials!
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 3pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 3pm-10pm, Sun 3pm-9pm
Lounge: Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate parties of 100 people or more. Please call a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Palmer 5108358600x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
Located on the waterfront in historic Jack London Square, lies Kincaid's Bayhouse. Truly, today's interpretation of a traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse. One will find the food and beverage to be the finest available and where possible, prepared and served in the tradition of an old-time Fish and Steakhouse. Fresh fish flown in daily, prime select cuts of beef, along with signature dessert items are just a few reasons that set Kincaid's apart from other restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland - Best Restaurants in Oakland ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (115)special occasion (81)romantic (52)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- RVLuvDKinDined on 9/28/2014Not as consistent with their foods as it was in the past. Changes will send customer to other restaurant's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a party of 9 for a family birthday. We were a bit needy and asked a lot of our server. The food was great, the service was terrific and we enjoyed the entire 3 hours we were there. This is a fairly expensive place for dinner and drinks, but it was worth it for our celebrations.Special Features:
- Very Pricey.HandyAndyDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were great. We were seated in the middle of nowhere. The bill was a shocker.Special Features:
- The Lamb was amazingColfaxGirlDined on 9/27/2014Everyone one of us raved about how great the food was. I have to say the Lamb was outstanding and they had it seasoned to perfection.Special Features:
- servercrabccakeDined on 9/26/2014Cool server. She "got" my slightly prurient reference but waited to laugh until she knew I made the joke. I'm 81 and she was being respectful to an old lady.Special Features:
- Service is always excellentelizcaVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is good and the ambiance is terrific. Service is always excellent. The food was less great than usual, the burger was gummy. Yes, I know, ewww.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...fjk23Dined on 9/23/2014We made a reservation for two for a 12:30p time. We arrived right on time and had to wait five to ten minutes before being sat. After being sat and nobody coming to our table in over five more minutes, I went and informed the hostess. The hostess was great. She took our drink orders and our server was quick to follow. Writing it off as a miscommunication, our service from then out was amazing. Our food was great, though my girlfriend said she preferred Horatio's. I would go here again if I was in the area but probably wouldn't go out of my way to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemFoodieforlifeDined on 9/19/2014I love this place so much . Manager tony was great he gave us a great table in the corner that was a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, as alwaysmorganalyxDined on 9/18/2014I took my husband & mother-in-law there for dinner recently to celebrate both their birthdays (2 days apart). The food was excellent, as always, but the service this time was lacking, unfortunately. My husband & I were done with our dinners well before Mom was, but our waiter never came to ask if we wanted a doggie bag. Even after Mom finished her meal, he didn't return to our table for at least 10 minutes or more. We also waited a while to get our check after dessert. So, while I love the food & will go back again for a special occasion, I'll be sure not to get the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/14/2014They went out of their way to accommodate special dietary requirements. Had a wonderful evening. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Bar experience was horrible. It took 10mins for them to take our drink order. They had items on their "Libations" menu that weren't available. They ran out of pretty much everything (empty bottles all over the back bar) and had to go to their "stock room" to get my drink, which came out AFTER we were seated for dinner. Food & service was mediocre. We ordered the Fresh Oysters and were brought back baked oysters, 20mins later they corrected their mistake w/ oysters that were raw but not fresh, gross. We had what seemed to be a tag team waiter-ing system and left sitting for ages w/ no service. It took longer than needed between apps & entrees & then final bill (they even gave us the wrong credit card charges/receipts).Special Features:
- ExcellentLandDVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience with wonderful friends, wonderful ambiance so we could talk and be heard, food that was artfully served and delicious, and excellent service. The only thing belowe par was the dessert. Expected spectacular bananas foster but it was only a caramel Sunday with bananas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good. The service was however, less than stellar. We waited 45 minutes for the waiter to take our order. Then we waited longer than one hour for the food to be served. There was only one person tending the bar who served the entire restaurant and the bar. Both areas were extremely full. Everyone who ordered wine had to wait a very long time for the wine.Special Features:
- The Salmon I ordered was perfect.nidaDined on 9/11/2014The Salad was ample and it was delicious. The Salmon was perfect although I would have loved more of the garlic sauce that the vegetables came with for it went so well with the Salmon. The desert Key Lime Pie perfected the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backyard gemDaniDDined on 9/8/2014Our family has been going to Kincaid's for over 25+ years and each time they treat you as if it's your first time there. The price point for the food is right on target and the service is great - the wait staff is always attentive. The kids menu is a bargain for the amount of food they give. Going there and having dinner or drinks right at sunset is the best. Watching the boats on the water and the sunset at the same time - breath taking! I highly recommend Kincaid's for ALL occasions!Special Features:
- Perfect for Nice DinnerTravelingSouthernerDined on 9/7/2014While visiting, we had a chance to dine at Kincaid's. A truly satisfying experience. Fish and shell fish were great. Service outstanding.Special Features:
- Kincaid's still a favTCZDiningTipsDined on 9/7/2014Kincaid's has always been a go-to for great food and service. The view is wonderful. We had a taste for steak. Prime rib and filet mignon were excellent.Special Features:
- AmbianceDrownedDined on 9/7/2014It looked like the inside of the restaurant and bar area were recently renovated. It was very nice and gave a good since of openness. The staff were excellent; friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We chose this restaurant for a periodic meeting with friends to catch up with what has been happening since we last met but the background music was far more than simply BACKGROUND it tended to drown out or over power the conversations. Management needs to reconsider how load the music is broadcasted. It may be that we were just in a particularly load place right under a speaker but then again that should be factored in.Special Features:
- Great Seaside DininggorgiousgeorgeDined on 9/7/2014Typically brilliant service, great food and very tasty food. I usually go for lunch but this last time went for dinner. The service was less than stellar but I didn't recognize the gal from before, so she might have been new (i.e. green) otherwise count on this place for great views/food and service.Special Features:
- Great food bad serviceImngnDined on 9/6/2014I love the food but had very bad service. I ordered ice tea and waited more than 10 minutes to get sugar. The waitress never checked back with our table to even ask if we needed anything else. Another waiter even ask if we wanted dessert. I had to flag down our waitress to get the check and once she brought the check, I had to flag her down to get a pen so I can sign my receipt. It will be a long time before I return back to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I treated my daughter and boyfriend to dinner. We took a seat at in the bar while waiting for a window seat. We ordered drinks and before our drinks arrived we were taken into the dinning room, told that our drinks would follow shortly. Our drinks took 30 minutes to arrive at our table. It then took another 30 minutes before our orders were taken. We all ordered the NY steak and we were all very happy with the food. All in all we had a good experience, and luckily, we were not in a hurry. That being said, I believe their wait staff should be faster to service the patrons.Special Features:
- Consistantly MemorablepmcrickDined on 9/6/2014After more than 20 years, Kincaid's continues to be our "go to" restaurant in the Oakland area.Special Features:
- love this place!formerfanDined on 9/4/2014I love bringing people here after I pick then up at the OAK airport. We got there at a bad time because the waiter was busy but the hostess was wonderful. I really just wanted wine and water - I can wait for food. She was great - Thank you! Once our waiter was available he was great too. Really fun evening, good food, good wine, view of the water. Yay!Special Features:
- Kincaids is greatpaulette2000sDined on 8/30/2014Kincaids is my mother's favorite restaurant. We celebrated her 72 birthday this weekend. We had an excellent dinner and received quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Service and staff was nice.. but the food was under cooked and went cold very quicklySpecial Features:
- RelaxedDateNightDined on 8/28/2014We went for a date night and felt very relaxed. Our waiter ( David... I think) was great! I have a gluten allergy and he knew exactly what I could have and what we could modify simply to make sharing easy. We will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Wish it were betterSimoneDined on 8/25/2014Kincaids has been a go-to for our family for decades. I ordered the Halibut special and it was so dry and over-cooked I barely at it. I didn't want to make a stink as this was a nice event, but the waiter didn't ask why I left my plate full. At $32 it was very disappointing. The wings and crab dip were good as usual! With all of the new competing restaurants in the area, a bathroom renovation is really necessary it really drags this restaurant down and feels unclean.
- Could be better...JVegaDined on 8/18/2014Kincaid's is a beautiful restaurant with a decent wine list, friendly (albeit can be slow) service, and food that is hit-and-miss. Almost as though the kitchen slacks off a bit on a night like a Monday. That's too bad because with a little more attention to plating and making sure all the food is all hot, etc, it would be really, really great...Special Features:
- dishwasher neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Although I like this place and will return, you have to check the glassware set on the table. One of the two empty wineglasses had a visible lip smudge. Both filled water glasses had lip smudges, too, and had to be returned. I could see across to another table that an empty wineglass also had a lip smudge. If servers are not checking for this, you need to check. Hopefully, it will not be as bad next time, and I had not noticed it in previous dining experiences there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good potential but not realizedAlamedaChrisDined on 8/13/2014I took a group of my employees we were honoring to dinner. I made the reservation weeks in advance, requesting a window table. Not only was our table not ready at the designated time, but it was not a window table despite the restaurant's being half-empty. Service was good throughout the meal and most of my guests enjoyed their orders. Mine was not so good - a dried out piece of rock fish with a crab topping that was mostly breadcrumbs. The broccoli rabe was dry beyond belief and inedible. Potatoes overwhelmed by an excess of butter and garlic. There is a reason I prefer my own home cooking and it's an experience like this that confirms my opinion. Stick to the basics; Kincaid's does not do fine cuisine very well.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Food and view made it a great quiet night out for us. Service was very good. Would recommend for romantic evening or family celebration. Warm, friendly and good food. Love the view at sunset,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least a four star experienceUsa123rcDined on 8/12/2014It has always been a first class experience for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Nice welcome, good service, pleasant view, perfectly cooked salmon, very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It remind me of a restaurant@a mallBadfoodDined on 8/9/2014To get to your seat you had to walk thou kitchen, while cooking going on. Even when the recp. Saw me blowing and whipping my nose. 1st sign of what to expect. Cold food. Having to ask over and over for water,napkins,soup spoons, not teaspoons, ordered lobster-ask for butter-not. Drinks sweating on glasses, from sitting@ bar to long and then asking again, where are the drinks, silverware....I had appetizers, went to use bathroom, came back, everything was gone. Waiter/wAiteress was fast removing plate with food, but slow on bringing it to the table. Pry of 10, half received hot food, 1/2 got lukewarm.....VERY BAD Experiance for 500.00 dollars
- view not enoughserve2allVIPDined on 8/5/2014Lovely bay views but a cocktail took 30 mins to get at the bar (only one bartender working the whole place) and my martini drink glass was half full. The total horror was the Kincaid Cut 1lb prime rib...it was NOT TENDER!!!And they charged $40 for that. Expensive meal with poor bar service and not very PRIME rib. The prime rib at Townhouse, Emeryville, is better and less expensive.Special Features:
- back after a whileEATS4BB3VIPDined on 8/3/2014Had two steak dishes GRILLED SMOKED SIRLOIN & CHAR-GRILLED FILET both were tasty, tender and cooked as ordered. My dining companion felt the CHOWDER had too much going on, but the GRILLED JUMBO TIGER PRAWNS made up for that. MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE SALAD is still great as is the OVEN ROASTED CRAB AND ARTICHOKE DIP. Made for another good meal the next day.Special Features:
- Very good experienceeatoutVIPDined on 8/3/2014We arrived to celebrate an adult's birthday, a party of 8 with 3 children, 1 a busy 17 month old. Our waiter--Carlos--was exceptional--attentive and patient! He made changes to the menu offerings when we asked for both adults and kids, arrived quickly with food for the kids so they didn't have to wait, brought a delicious free dessert to the birthday girl, checked on us frequently, and put up with the children coming and going to and from the table frequently. Our dinners were good--not outstanding, but enjoyable. Children's dinners were reasonable, tasty, and ample. And of course, the view is outstanding. A great place for a family celebration. We lingered quite a while after dinner and never felt pressured to free the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service!Dining4Fun03Dined on 8/1/2014We came here for lunch and made a reservation. We came a bit early and were directed to the bar. It took a while to get seated despite many empty tables and our reservation. When we were finally seated no server came by. We had to ask a busboy to see if he could track down someone to help us. At this point we had already been at the restaurant for at least an hour! After finally taking our order we again had to wait and again had to ask for somone to check on it.No one asked us if we wanted water and again we had to track down our server(who we found chatting in the service station) to pay our check. Awful experience. Do not come here over your lunch break unless you have 2.5 hours and don't mind having to ask for everything. What a shame.
- Mom' BdayJuliaChildFanDined on 7/30/2014Celebrated my mother's 65th birthday here. Kincaid's is a beautiful restaurant by the water with an A+ view. Our waiter, Jacob was charming, helpful and relaxed. He could have used a little more urgency. The appetizers and bread are very good: oysters, calamari and lobster bisque. The majority of the party ordered the scallops, which were excellent. The side of kale, however was not very good. It was a bit under. The birthday girl had the halibut but the corn succotash was OK. Overall, the seafood was delicous but the sides were underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Nice restaurant. Menu is a little limited but the food was good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.