Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
60 Bayview Place
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 6503429844x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 4:30-9pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
"First Seating" Discounted Menu: Sundays 4pm-6pm
Bar: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Karsten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties in the bar and dining room. We customarily add a voluntary 18% gratuity to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact 6503429844x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (163)special occasion (104)good for groups (75)romantic (63)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (50)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (33)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (22)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Disappointed recently.....RHusaDined on 9/27/2014Have been to Kincaid's numerous times over the years. Several years ago it went through a v bad patch & I did not go for a while. About 2 years ago, I went back and was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service - back on track again. However, the last 2 times I have been there (both in September), I have been disappointed: 1. The food is kinda expensive for the quality 2. my food was badly cooked (steak overdone, chicken really dry). 3. No more small plates 4. Food barely warm - cold plates and/or the server is letting the food hang at the pass too long?). 5. The level of server has really changed - they are now either a) disinterested, b) over intrusive or c) just not good! Very sad.......I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerWizardDined on 9/27/2014The service and the food were excellent. I would recommend Kincaid's to anyone who wants a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Bay Area Restaurantcourtsport825Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food, lovely atmosphere, and quite convenient. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a major refreshexpenseaccountDined on 9/25/2014Same formula for 25 years and it's showing. Menu is OK but food quality needs a boost. The executive chef must have left years ago and the kitchen staff has not updated a thing...view is good and it's still one of the better restaurants in a sea of airport hotels.Special Features:
- Excellent for fishYumYumVIPDined on 9/19/2014A varied menu that turns out very well done non fish dishes but really excels in the presentation and serving of imaginatively designed fish dishes - yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinestarDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed ourselves from start to finish. Very good food, service and comfortable timing for each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always comfortableRepeater001Dined on 9/12/2014I often have to take care of VIPs from other contries. IN general, they always happy about food and scenic view.Special Features:
- Special and FriendlyJazzygalDined on 9/12/2014Have been a 'regular' at Kincaids for over 15 years. The servers have changed throughout the years, and now, they seem to be more customer oriented than before. Food is always great. Never disappointed with the Menu items. Desserts are outstanding.Special Features:
- Kincaids BurlingameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Really love the location. Restaurant has nice ambiance and not too noisy even with a lot of people. Main menu choices were excellent. Steak was cooked perfectly and exceeded my expectations. Did not explore wine selection extensively but the wine we ordered by the glass was good. Dessert menu was very average and peach cobbler we ordered was not good. They definitely need to improve their dessert menu to earn 5 stars from me. Nevertheless enjoyed our evening dinner and will go back.Special Features:
- underwhelmingNYGuyDined on 9/11/2014We went here for a business dinner and were not impressed. Because of the reputation the place has, I was excited to eat there. But the dining room desperately needs a cleaning and refreshing. In addition, the steak was not very good. It was thin and low quality. I would not recommend this place. The only redeeming things were the view and the waiter. The server was very attentive and nice. Too bad the food and room did not match the service.Special Features:
- Poor food quality and tastemrfoodieDined on 9/8/2014This place seem to exist due to its location near SFO hotels so most diners are business oriented. Not a place you should go if you have other options.
- First timeadultdinersDined on 9/7/2014We found Kincaid's to be an outstanding restaurant. The food was delicious and generous portions. The view of the bay and airport business was an added benefit. We though the wait staff was very professional. They were knowledgeable, polite and well dressed.Special Features:
- Perfection!foodyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed lunching with an old friend with the view of the bay! Our waiter was Sage...so delightful and very generous....letting us visit for several hours and not pushing us out at all. The food was good and the view was better. It is an old time favorite place of mine and I try to visit when I am in town.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2014Had a birthday celebration here. It was wonderful on all fronts, just a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually love this placeMunchieDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate my daughters bday. Service was a bit slow. Food was not as yummy as usual . My prime rib had horseradish on half of it , I don't like horseradish , restaurants usually put it in a little most restaurants don't put it on the main plate , I would have said sonething but waiter was taking too long. Will give it another try though .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeBMackDined on 8/30/2014Always special. Great for that very, very, special event or occasion!Special Features:
- Great ViewDinDin4meVIPDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed my dinner (T-bone and petite lobster tail) but my boyfriend's entrée of roasted chicken, was quite overcooked, which made the meat very dry. Although a sauce was provided, it did not help with the taste. Everything else that we ordered (shrimp cocktail, raw oysters, romaine salad, & burnt cream) was fine. I am a regular patron at Kincaid's and this visit was not as good as prior ones.
- Overrated Fine DiningCapnJaneDined on 8/29/2014Server was unattentive. Food was cold. Noise level was too high, could not hear personal conversations at our own table. Would not return. Would not recommend.
- DinnerUnionCity2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was great - also had eaten at Kincaid's in Oakland for lunch Food is a little pricy for dinner Waitress asked if we wanted a salad but neglected to say it was $9.00 more My wife substituted her potatoes for a salad wedge - did not advise a price was involved The prime rib was excellent - both had thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchsfdiDined on 8/29/2014The salmon entree which my husband had was very good. The seafood Louie was VERY disappointing. I asked that the salmon be excluded and it was. There was very little crab and of poor quality, like you'd get in a tuna fish sized can. There were 2 shrimp. $23.95!!!! I can get one pound of far better crab at Costco for $16.00 And the rest of the salad wasn't very exciting: cherry tomatoes, asparagus and a deviled egg that had been made much earlier.Special Features:
- Still rocks after all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/28/2014The prime rib and creme brulee keeps my husband coming back here for over 20 years. Everything else is great. Service is impeccable!!! It's not cheap so just special occasions, but I look forward to it when I do have the chance to go to it. :)Special Features:
- Kincaid Never Disappoints!!!CaneMasterVIPDined on 8/27/2014A good night of great food and awesome service. Our server Chris was phenomenal and provided us both outstanding food recommendations and suggestions and really took the time to understand what type of dining experience we wanted to have. Hats off to the Kincaid organization, both the Burlingame and Oakland location. As a frequent traveler it is so important to break bread at a blue chip establishment!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceSargeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for our wedding annv. Nice view of bay and watching airlines fly into OAK. Great service. Comes with a special garlic bread. Had the expensive sampler consisting of Teriyaki beef over rice, crab artichoke dip and calamari (or shrimp) with toasted slices of bread ($30). The dip was outstanding with large chunks of crab. The fried calamari (sparse amount) had small artichokes mixed in. The clam chowder was good as a soup but not as a chowder. Where are the clams? Wife had salad / sandwich combo. She loved the blue cheese salad and the artichoke / crab sandwich. The waitress gave a small sample of their pea salad which was good. Also received complimentary crème brulie for dessert. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Had a wonderful evening. Walked down the bay from our hotel. Tried your delightful scotches and the Brie appetizer. Eat inside with great view of bay. Lobster Mac and cheese. Delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014our server was Lynn and she was fantastic. She knew the menu and was attentive to our needs. We both ordered the Seafood Louie and it was very good. I would definitely order it againSpecial Features:
- Even Better the Second Time AroundPG33Dined on 8/23/2014It's been a few years since our first visit to Kincaids. The decor has changed, not as nautical as before, more relaxing. It was a busy night, fun atmosphere. We had a table next to the windows and able to watch the planes landing and taking off at the San Francisco Airport. The staff was very friendly and made sure that all of our needs were taken care of. The food, from appetizers to dessert was excellent. The Crab Cakes were some of the best I've had, crispy on the outside, moist and full of crab on the inside, not lots of filler. My partner had the Prime rib and I tried one of the Chef's Specials that evening, Citrus Brined Pork and Scallops, wonderful flavor on both. We shared a dessert, Warm Pear Bread Pudding. Just Great!Special Features:
- Liv2eatDined on 8/22/2014Great salad to start Prime rib perfect cut cooked perfectly. Sides well done and correct portions. Nice wine list - not overwhelmingSpecial Features:
- Great food & service!JeffDined on 8/22/2014We've always love Kincaid's for the exceptional. In-service not to mention the great views. For this visit, we brought an exchange student would just arrived from Poland for dinner. It's much better to wait out the traffic if you Kays and actually sitting in traffic! Of course, now she's going to hold all American restaurants to the "Kincaid's" standard. Most won't measure up!Special Features:
- For the viewTheNezDined on 8/22/2014This is a lovely large room, noisey, congested, well organized, with a great view from all corners. The quality of food is good. The quantity not over-portioned. Wait staff attentive and friendly. This is an "old-school" 50's style surf n turf place that we can reccommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with great serviceEGWaltDined on 8/20/2014Had dinner with four friends before a flight. All were delighted with the food and the service. Our weightier was excel loan as was the food. This is a great place to dine whenever you are near SFOSpecial Features:
- wonderful experiencetrav3lhappyDined on 8/20/2014I've eaten at this restaurant a couple times in the past and every time I had a very good experience. this time however was a little different I had made a reservation we are running late they still honor our reservation we showed up 15 minutes later. I was with a colleague who had never been there, our table had an excellent view of the bay and the planes coming in. we order drinks and appetizer and our dinner the food was excellent. I was really really happy with the result and my colleague was definitely impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Regular customer here and as usual, the food and service were great.Special Features:
- melt in your mouthCooperDined on 8/17/2014The food was outstanding. Our server was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvur4dluvur4dDined on 8/17/2014Took friends visiting from NC for dinner and they loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch the planes landWVJOEDined on 8/17/2014If you can, get a window table and watch the planes come in along the bay. WonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome even with mixed-orderdriedyamDined on 8/16/2014My wife and daughters went here for our wedding anniversary. Upon arriving and checking in, we were seated within 5 minutes. We put our drink orders in, which came out shortly, followed by our entrees. I ordered the baby back ribs, my wife prime rib, eldest daughter bacon wrapped meatloaf, and my youngest daughter the chicken fingers off the kids menu. They brought out bread and calamari (which we also ordered) while we were waiting for our main courses to come out which only took 15 minutes. Unfortunately they thought my eldest daughter also ordered the baby back ribs. I mentioned this to one of the other servers and they replaced the dish within 2 minutes. It was complete with presentation. Very impressive.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodfredfoodieDined on 8/15/2014This is not the first time we visited Kincaid's and it won't be the last. The view of the bay is wonderful, with the planes taking off and landing at SFO. The server was very attentive. The food was a bit pricey, but is consistently good. We had the wild salmon, meatloaf, and prime rib. Everything was flavorful, portions were good, and the presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBruddahDDined on 8/15/2014It was 1st time at the restaurant, was greeted and seated as we came in, server friendly& helpful, food fantastic. We were not rushed and had a pleasant evening. Yelp's rating helped us select this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedBigHairDined on 8/15/2014We went here to celebrate a family birthday. The view is nice, although the placement of the tables doesn't really take full advantage of it. However, I have to say that the food was a disappointment. Everything on the menu sounded great, although expensive. What we got were plates of over-rich seafood. Each item was either breaded or "pan-seared" in a vat of butter. A side of wild rice was cold, a side of baked sweet potato was swimming in butter, and the Ahi was served without wasbi and soy sauce. The best item was the seafood louie. The best desert was the brule. The crust on the peach cobbler was bordering on stale and over cooked. The service was excellent; too bad the food wasn't as good.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerkeymusicloverDined on 8/14/2014I took my mom to Kincaid's for her birthday. The server, while attentive to us when he was at the table, was sometimes 'MIA' - didn't see him on the floor and was difficult to get his attention. The mahi mahi was a little overcooked. However, the seafood fettucine was absolutely delicious - there was tons of seafood!!!! Nice touch was the creme brulee that was brought out with a candle in it to celebrate her birthday. Was light and creamy - nice complement to finish the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.