Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
60 Bayview Place
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 6503429844x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 4:30-9pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
"First Seating" Discounted Menu: Sundays 4pm-6pm
Bar: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Karsten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties in the bar and dining room. We customarily add a voluntary 18% gratuity to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact 6503429844x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)special occasion (93)good for groups (77)romantic (64)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (19)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Brrrrr-eaking the BankOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We were seated at a tiny table in the path of the kitchen. I asked to be moved to a window, out of the way of foot traffic. I noticed that the bench seats and table leaned at an angle, forcing me to sit awkwardly. Then I noticed the A/C was blowing over my head. My jacket wasn't helping. I welcomed the lobster bisque, only to warm my hands as I held the bowl. Even my husband complained, who normally runs hot and welcomes cool breezes. I finally had to ask someone to turn the A/C off-- why I even had to ask this of a restaurant in Burlingame, on the water, at 6pm in October. My smoked chicken penne was dry. The lobster bisque tasted stale. The keylime pie meringue was warm and I ended up having severe intestinal distress afterward. $$$$Special Features:
- Good Birthday Dinner Venuevday2Dined on 10/23/2014Food was sumptuous, adequate portion, good wine selection, dessert was delicious, & the celebrant was happy. If only we kept the window table originally reserved & set for us. Unfortunately, we had to move because the table was wobbly & could not be stabilized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close Callslg72Dined on 10/20/2014I was taking a friend to dinner to celebrate her B-day. I had asked for a window seat and also mentioned it was her B-day in my reservation. We did not get a window seat but still got the view. The waiter asked if we wanted dessert after dinner. We declined and as he was walking away I mouthed Birthday. He turned and said what? I said never mind since I didn't want her to hear me. After paying the bill he suddenly appeared with a Creme Brulee and candle and said he just now saw the note about a birthday!! Close call!!! I would have left very disappointed but he redeemed himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meeting an old friend...PatrickVIPDined on 10/19/2014A good friend was staying at one of the SFO Airport hotels, and wanted to meet for dinner and catch up. Kincaid's was perfect.Special Features:
- Like the Best View in the BurbsjasontheslackerVIPDined on 10/17/2014An old school restaurant that could work on a few tweaks. The wine list and other bar offerings are pretty poor for a higher end restaurant in the Silicon Valley. The chain managing this restaurant needs to join the 21st century. The cook is trying hard but often kills nice seafood with extravagant preparations or sauces. Not necessary. The view and outstanding service make this restaurant shine. Give it a shot, just make sure to ask a knowledgeable server what to avoid.Special Features:
- disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014My grilled salmon special came with a heavy brown sauce, and ruined the flavor of the salmon. Fried calamari was very good. Perhaps next time, veer from the specials and stick to the menu for me. service had some hiccups but attitude of the waitress overcame that.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014I was traveling with several colleagues and we were looking for a good meal with a view. We were not disappointed. Very good food and the service was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed49Dined on 10/12/2014Incredible time at Kincaids! Thank you to Cliff and Eddie for the fantastic table, fantastic recommendations, and fantastic service. I am a vegetarian, and I was taken care of very well! What a great place!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a quiet b-day dinner!EatsLessChknDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I were here for my 61st birthday celebration...and got exactly what we wanted: a great view, a quiet environment, excellent service, and superb food. The Teriyaki appetizer is not to be missed! Early settings are the quietest - ours was 4:45 p.m., but that got us a table right next to the windows with a spectacular view. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent service but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Had dinner at 6:30 on a Thursday night for a friend's birthday. Parking was nearly impossible and I was forced to illegally park. Service was excellent once we entered. Staff were very attentive and went out if their way to make our evening enjoyable. We had the sample appetizer and one cocktail to start which were good. Several of us had the salmon dinner special or ahi tuna. The fish was well prepared but all vegetables were cold. Lastly, we shared one key line pie. Dinner tab was $330 for five people which is steep for only an average dinner. I like the view and spaciousness of the dining room. But if I am to pay that amount, I will go to SF for a consistently wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualChristDined on 10/9/2014An excellent restaurant located on the Bay with views of San Francisco and Oakland. The bar is outstanding with the biggest selection of bottles from floor to roof. Both fish and steak are excellent.Special Features:
- Good food but short staffed?51foodieDined on 10/8/2014Had a 6:00pm res on a Wednesday evening. Were seated promptly and quickly had drinks, water, bread, apps delivered. Placed order and entrees came out at a reasonable time but then......server disappeared.....completely. Was really surprised, she was very friendly and knowledgeable but just never came back until our plates were cleared and we were waiting. Dropped off dessert menus and took about 15 minutes to come back for order. While we had wanted dessert, we were really annoyed and just wanted to leave. Took forever to get check and get out. Was disappointing. I have been going here for years and it us usually so reliable. The steelhead was excellent, but not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Always a wonderful dining experience. I am never disappointed in the food as it is always creative and delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014Food was very good. I had the prime rib, Kincaid's cut, and was not able to finish it, and my wife enjoyed the filet mignon. Our waitress was very attentive and nice on a very busy Thursday night. Thank you Kincaid for topping our anniversary dinner a delicious creme burlee.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed recently.....RHusaDined on 9/27/2014Have been to Kincaid's numerous times over the years. Several years ago it went through a v bad patch & I did not go for a while. About 2 years ago, I went back and was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service - back on track again. However, the last 2 times I have been there (both in September), I have been disappointed: 1. The food is kinda expensive for the quality 2. my food was badly cooked (steak overdone, chicken really dry). 3. No more small plates 4. Food barely warm - cold plates and/or the server is letting the food hang at the pass too long?). 5. The level of server has really changed - they are now either a) disinterested, b) over intrusive or c) just not good! Very sad.......I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerWizardDined on 9/27/2014The service and the food were excellent. I would recommend Kincaid's to anyone who wants a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Bay Area Restaurantcourtsport825Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food, lovely atmosphere, and quite convenient. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a major refreshexpenseaccountDined on 9/25/2014Same formula for 25 years and it's showing. Menu is OK but food quality needs a boost. The executive chef must have left years ago and the kitchen staff has not updated a thing...view is good and it's still one of the better restaurants in a sea of airport hotels.Special Features:
- Been here at least 7 times already!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Very solid restaurant...can get crowded especially on Friday and Saturday nights. The restaurant is surrounded by neighboring business hotels and often casual business meetings will take place here. My favorite dish is the New York steak with crumbled blue cheese paired with a Red Wine.Special Features:
- Excellent for fishYumYumVIPDined on 9/19/2014A varied menu that turns out very well done non fish dishes but really excels in the presentation and serving of imaginatively designed fish dishes - yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinestarDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed ourselves from start to finish. Very good food, service and comfortable timing for each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always comfortableRepeater001Dined on 9/12/2014I often have to take care of VIPs from other contries. IN general, they always happy about food and scenic view.Special Features:
- Special and FriendlyJazzygalDined on 9/12/2014Have been a 'regular' at Kincaids for over 15 years. The servers have changed throughout the years, and now, they seem to be more customer oriented than before. Food is always great. Never disappointed with the Menu items. Desserts are outstanding.Special Features:
- Kincaids BurlingameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Really love the location. Restaurant has nice ambiance and not too noisy even with a lot of people. Main menu choices were excellent. Steak was cooked perfectly and exceeded my expectations. Did not explore wine selection extensively but the wine we ordered by the glass was good. Dessert menu was very average and peach cobbler we ordered was not good. They definitely need to improve their dessert menu to earn 5 stars from me. Nevertheless enjoyed our evening dinner and will go back.Special Features:
- underwhelmingNYGuyDined on 9/11/2014We went here for a business dinner and were not impressed. Because of the reputation the place has, I was excited to eat there. But the dining room desperately needs a cleaning and refreshing. In addition, the steak was not very good. It was thin and low quality. I would not recommend this place. The only redeeming things were the view and the waiter. The server was very attentive and nice. Too bad the food and room did not match the service.Special Features:
- Poor food quality and tastemrfoodieDined on 9/8/2014This place seem to exist due to its location near SFO hotels so most diners are business oriented. Not a place you should go if you have other options.
- First timeadultdinersDined on 9/7/2014We found Kincaid's to be an outstanding restaurant. The food was delicious and generous portions. The view of the bay and airport business was an added benefit. We though the wait staff was very professional. They were knowledgeable, polite and well dressed.Special Features:
- Perfection!foodyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed lunching with an old friend with the view of the bay! Our waiter was Sage...so delightful and very generous....letting us visit for several hours and not pushing us out at all. The food was good and the view was better. It is an old time favorite place of mine and I try to visit when I am in town.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2014Had a birthday celebration here. It was wonderful on all fronts, just a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually love this placeMunchieDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate my daughters bday. Service was a bit slow. Food was not as yummy as usual . My prime rib had horseradish on half of it , I don't like horseradish , restaurants usually put it in a little most restaurants don't put it on the main plate , I would have said sonething but waiter was taking too long. Will give it another try though .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeBMackDined on 8/30/2014Always special. Great for that very, very, special event or occasion!Special Features:
- Great ViewDinDin4meVIPDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed my dinner (T-bone and petite lobster tail) but my boyfriend's entrée of roasted chicken, was quite overcooked, which made the meat very dry. Although a sauce was provided, it did not help with the taste. Everything else that we ordered (shrimp cocktail, raw oysters, romaine salad, & burnt cream) was fine. I am a regular patron at Kincaid's and this visit was not as good as prior ones.
- Overrated Fine DiningCapnJaneDined on 8/29/2014Server was unattentive. Food was cold. Noise level was too high, could not hear personal conversations at our own table. Would not return. Would not recommend.
- DinnerUnionCity2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was great - also had eaten at Kincaid's in Oakland for lunch Food is a little pricy for dinner Waitress asked if we wanted a salad but neglected to say it was $9.00 more My wife substituted her potatoes for a salad wedge - did not advise a price was involved The prime rib was excellent - both had thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchsfdiDined on 8/29/2014The salmon entree which my husband had was very good. The seafood Louie was VERY disappointing. I asked that the salmon be excluded and it was. There was very little crab and of poor quality, like you'd get in a tuna fish sized can. There were 2 shrimp. $23.95!!!! I can get one pound of far better crab at Costco for $16.00 And the rest of the salad wasn't very exciting: cherry tomatoes, asparagus and a deviled egg that had been made much earlier.Special Features:
- Still rocks after all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/28/2014The prime rib and creme brulee keeps my husband coming back here for over 20 years. Everything else is great. Service is impeccable!!! It's not cheap so just special occasions, but I look forward to it when I do have the chance to go to it. :)Special Features:
- Kincaid Never Disappoints!!!CaneMasterVIPDined on 8/27/2014A good night of great food and awesome service. Our server Chris was phenomenal and provided us both outstanding food recommendations and suggestions and really took the time to understand what type of dining experience we wanted to have. Hats off to the Kincaid organization, both the Burlingame and Oakland location. As a frequent traveler it is so important to break bread at a blue chip establishment!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceSargeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for our wedding annv. Nice view of bay and watching airlines fly into OAK. Great service. Comes with a special garlic bread. Had the expensive sampler consisting of Teriyaki beef over rice, crab artichoke dip and calamari (or shrimp) with toasted slices of bread ($30). The dip was outstanding with large chunks of crab. The fried calamari (sparse amount) had small artichokes mixed in. The clam chowder was good as a soup but not as a chowder. Where are the clams? Wife had salad / sandwich combo. She loved the blue cheese salad and the artichoke / crab sandwich. The waitress gave a small sample of their pea salad which was good. Also received complimentary crème brulie for dessert. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Had a wonderful evening. Walked down the bay from our hotel. Tried your delightful scotches and the Brie appetizer. Eat inside with great view of bay. Lobster Mac and cheese. Delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014our server was Lynn and she was fantastic. She knew the menu and was attentive to our needs. We both ordered the Seafood Louie and it was very good. I would definitely order it againSpecial Features: