Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
60 Bayview Place
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: (650) 342-9844
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 4:30-9pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
"First Seating" Discounted Menu: Sundays 4pm-6pm
Bar: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Karsten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties in the bar and dining room. We customarily add a voluntary 18% gratuity to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact 6503429844x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (153)special occasion (91)good for groups (78)romantic (61)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- Busy restaurant but noisyFoodieDined on 11/18/2014The noise level is extremely high! I've been eating at Kincaids for years and the meal I had wasn't as good as usual. Maybe a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for meEvans792Dined on 11/14/2014Our server was nice but not very good. It seemed he didn't have great oversight of his supporting staff. For example, our appetizer plates remained on the table even when the meal came. It was also odd that he only brought out two wine glasses even though we ordered a bottle for the table. And he didn't bring the other glass for another ten minutes. The food was also sub par. Both my wife and I would have liked some vegetables on our plates. The whole menu menu has such a heavy meat centric approach that it has a very uninviting feel for non-steak lovers.Special Features:
- Great seafood - great ambianceDralex777Dined on 11/11/2014Fresh fish everyday & deliciously prepared. Good steaks as well. View of aircraft landing & bay is romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view and that is about it....MmarcusVIPDined on 11/11/2014We chose this restaurant because we needed someplace close to SFO airport. This restaurant sits right over the bay and has a beautiful view. However, the food was just okay and the service was so so. Even though the entire restaurant was empty when we arrived our waitress sat us at a table where only one of us had a view of the water and we had to request to move. Later she broke the cork in our wine bottle so that we had to use coffee filters and a decanter to get the crumbles of cork out of our wine, telling us she did not know how to open bottles of wine. At least she was very nice and at least the manager came over to do some damage control. The food was alright. I had a Cobb salad that was just okay. My friend enjoyed his order of ribs so the food i will rate satisfactory. Even so, i would probably not choose this place again.Special Features:
- love eating herejgrenz208Dined on 11/8/2014Always love eating here when visiting SF, food is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAnonymousDined on 11/7/2014We were on a very tight timetable and had to get our daughter to the airport. The service was very prompt, the food was delicious, and everyone was extremely professional and couldn't have been more gracious. Now I want to go back when we can take our time and really enjoy the food and the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgeable serverOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/6/2014We were seated next to the window as requested....no view because it was late in the evening. But our server was able to describe all the different entrees we had questions about and gave us suggestions. As an appetizer...the oysters were fresh and tasty!! The regular and Kincaid cut of prime rib was done perfectly with a good selection of sides. The lobster tail and special scallop dish was done well. Service throughout the meal was great!! Always a place to return!Special Features:
- Gem by the airportGembythebayDined on 11/3/2014If you are at/near SFO, a worthy destination. Great variety and quality, very commodious environment. Knowledegable wait-staff. I come for the fish, lots of fresh delectable fish from Alaska, prepared beautifully. Near the Hilton, a very pleasant walk to the bay. Halibut in the past, wild salmon last night. Even the fingerling potatoes were memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSFOvisitDined on 11/3/2014Wonderful service from seating to the end of the meal. The server was available without being intrusive. Very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Will definitely make this a place to go again when I next visit the Bay Area.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Views, Great ExperienceFood4formerChefDined on 11/3/2014Kinkaid's has long been one of my most favorite places to eat. The food is great, and they always have some delicious and interesting specials to compliment the regular menu. Service was fantasitic and we were seated at a window table where we could enjoy watching the plans land and take off at SFO. Thanks for a consistent service and great food. I recently broght my boss there, from out of town, and it worked out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsCoastalcoupleDined on 11/3/2014Took my husband out for his birthday and he just loved it! A favorite for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyHappyDined on 11/3/2014I loved everything about this restaurant. Food was excellent. Milieu delightful, informal, friendly, fair price for all considered. I have a button on preferring to be left alone while I eat with my date. The restaurant has a policy of having the wait staff barge in while you are enjoying a great meal & demand "how is everything?" I don't know why restaurants think customers do not know how to call the wait staff attention when they need something. Inevitably overworked wait staff time their inquiry for the moment you have a fork full of food in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Pea salad and special salad were good. Entrees were hot when served. Crab cakes a bit bready and salty. Seafood linguine too salty, sauce was too heavy and rich. Complimentary garlic bread was very tasty but could have used a little less salt. Had to wait awhile after entree was finished and packed to see our waitress.Special Features:
- Too pricey for ok foodAmoran0148Dined on 10/31/2014Considering the high prices we were expecting amazing food. However it was only good 😛
- great service & food123456bsDined on 10/29/2014We were there to see game 7 of the world series it was awesome! Although very busy the bartender Elaine took very good care of us and brought our food quickly. She is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow serviceBenihahaDined on 10/24/2014This is the second time we ate in the dining area of the restaurant. Again we had better service from the person serving the water than we did with the waitress. Service has always been very good in the bar area, but some reason, they tend to disappear for awhile, we have to ask for things that should be served already.Special Features:
- Brrrrr-eaking the BankdjorgensenDined on 10/24/2014We were seated at a tiny table in the path of the kitchen. I asked to be moved to a window, out of the way of foot traffic. I noticed that the bench seats and table leaned at an angle, forcing me to sit awkwardly. Then I noticed the A/C was blowing over my head. My jacket wasn't helping. I welcomed the lobster bisque, only to warm my hands as I held the bowl. Even my husband complained, who normally runs hot and welcomes cool breezes. I finally had to ask someone to turn the A/C off-- why I even had to ask this of a restaurant in Burlingame, on the water, at 6pm in October. My smoked chicken penne was dry. The lobster bisque tasted stale. The keylime pie meringue was warm and I ended up having severe intestinal distress afterward. $$$$Special Features:
- Great Location and FoodInbox4tomVIPDined on 10/24/2014A hidden gem on the peninsula. A great place to have a relaxing meal while enjoying views of the baySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday Dinner Venuevday2Dined on 10/23/2014Food was sumptuous, adequate portion, good wine selection, dessert was delicious, & the celebrant was happy. If only we kept the window table originally reserved & set for us. Unfortunately, we had to move because the table was wobbly & could not be stabilized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close Callslg72Dined on 10/20/2014I was taking a friend to dinner to celebrate her B-day. I had asked for a window seat and also mentioned it was her B-day in my reservation. We did not get a window seat but still got the view. The waiter asked if we wanted dessert after dinner. We declined and as he was walking away I mouthed Birthday. He turned and said what? I said never mind since I didn't want her to hear me. After paying the bill he suddenly appeared with a Creme Brulee and candle and said he just now saw the note about a birthday!! Close call!!! I would have left very disappointed but he redeemed himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meeting an old friend...PatrickVIPDined on 10/19/2014A good friend was staying at one of the SFO Airport hotels, and wanted to meet for dinner and catch up. Kincaid's was perfect.Special Features:
- Like the Best View in the BurbsjasontheslackerVIPDined on 10/17/2014An old school restaurant that could work on a few tweaks. The wine list and other bar offerings are pretty poor for a higher end restaurant in the Silicon Valley. The chain managing this restaurant needs to join the 21st century. The cook is trying hard but often kills nice seafood with extravagant preparations or sauces. Not necessary. The view and outstanding service make this restaurant shine. Give it a shot, just make sure to ask a knowledgeable server what to avoid.Special Features:
- disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014My grilled salmon special came with a heavy brown sauce, and ruined the flavor of the salmon. Fried calamari was very good. Perhaps next time, veer from the specials and stick to the menu for me. service had some hiccups but attitude of the waitress overcame that.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014I was traveling with several colleagues and we were looking for a good meal with a view. We were not disappointed. Very good food and the service was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed49Dined on 10/12/2014Incredible time at Kincaids! Thank you to Cliff and Eddie for the fantastic table, fantastic recommendations, and fantastic service. I am a vegetarian, and I was taken care of very well! What a great place!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a quiet b-day dinner!EatsLessChknDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I were here for my 61st birthday celebration...and got exactly what we wanted: a great view, a quiet environment, excellent service, and superb food. The Teriyaki appetizer is not to be missed! Early settings are the quietest - ours was 4:45 p.m., but that got us a table right next to the windows with a spectacular view. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent service but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Had dinner at 6:30 on a Thursday night for a friend's birthday. Parking was nearly impossible and I was forced to illegally park. Service was excellent once we entered. Staff were very attentive and went out if their way to make our evening enjoyable. We had the sample appetizer and one cocktail to start which were good. Several of us had the salmon dinner special or ahi tuna. The fish was well prepared but all vegetables were cold. Lastly, we shared one key line pie. Dinner tab was $330 for five people which is steep for only an average dinner. I like the view and spaciousness of the dining room. But if I am to pay that amount, I will go to SF for a consistently wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualChristDined on 10/9/2014An excellent restaurant located on the Bay with views of San Francisco and Oakland. The bar is outstanding with the biggest selection of bottles from floor to roof. Both fish and steak are excellent.Special Features:
- Good food but short staffed?51foodieDined on 10/8/2014Had a 6:00pm res on a Wednesday evening. Were seated promptly and quickly had drinks, water, bread, apps delivered. Placed order and entrees came out at a reasonable time but then......server disappeared.....completely. Was really surprised, she was very friendly and knowledgeable but just never came back until our plates were cleared and we were waiting. Dropped off dessert menus and took about 15 minutes to come back for order. While we had wanted dessert, we were really annoyed and just wanted to leave. Took forever to get check and get out. Was disappointing. I have been going here for years and it us usually so reliable. The steelhead was excellent, but not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Always a wonderful dining experience. I am never disappointed in the food as it is always creative and delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014Food was very good. I had the prime rib, Kincaid's cut, and was not able to finish it, and my wife enjoyed the filet mignon. Our waitress was very attentive and nice on a very busy Thursday night. Thank you Kincaid for topping our anniversary dinner a delicious creme burlee.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed recently.....RHusaDined on 9/27/2014Have been to Kincaid's numerous times over the years. Several years ago it went through a v bad patch & I did not go for a while. About 2 years ago, I went back and was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service - back on track again. However, the last 2 times I have been there (both in September), I have been disappointed: 1. The food is kinda expensive for the quality 2. my food was badly cooked (steak overdone, chicken really dry). 3. No more small plates 4. Food barely warm - cold plates and/or the server is letting the food hang at the pass too long?). 5. The level of server has really changed - they are now either a) disinterested, b) over intrusive or c) just not good! Very sad.......I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerWizardDined on 9/27/2014The service and the food were excellent. I would recommend Kincaid's to anyone who wants a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Bay Area Restaurantcourtsport825Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food, lovely atmosphere, and quite convenient. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a major refreshexpenseaccountDined on 9/25/2014Same formula for 25 years and it's showing. Menu is OK but food quality needs a boost. The executive chef must have left years ago and the kitchen staff has not updated a thing...view is good and it's still one of the better restaurants in a sea of airport hotels.Special Features:
- Been here at least 7 times already!NoxnamanDined on 9/19/2014Very solid restaurant...can get crowded especially on Friday and Saturday nights. The restaurant is surrounded by neighboring business hotels and often casual business meetings will take place here. My favorite dish is the New York steak with crumbled blue cheese paired with a Red Wine.Special Features:
- Excellent for fishYumYumVIPDined on 9/19/2014A varied menu that turns out very well done non fish dishes but really excels in the presentation and serving of imaginatively designed fish dishes - yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinestarDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed ourselves from start to finish. Very good food, service and comfortable timing for each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always comfortableRepeater001Dined on 9/12/2014I often have to take care of VIPs from other contries. IN general, they always happy about food and scenic view.Special Features:
- Special and FriendlyJazzygalDined on 9/12/2014Have been a 'regular' at Kincaids for over 15 years. The servers have changed throughout the years, and now, they seem to be more customer oriented than before. Food is always great. Never disappointed with the Menu items. Desserts are outstanding.Special Features: