Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
60 Bayview Place
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 6503429844x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 4:30-9pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
"First Seating" Discounted Menu: Sundays 4pm-6pm
Bar: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Karsten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties in the bar and dining room. We customarily add a voluntary 18% gratuity to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact 6503429844x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame
Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (181)special occasion (115)good for groups (72)romantic (67)great for lunch (64)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (32)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (26)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)Show More
- Always satisfiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Regular customer here and as usual, the food and service were great.Special Features:
- melt in your mouthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was outstanding. Our server was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvur4dluvur4dDined on 8/17/2014Took friends visiting from NC for dinner and they loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch the planes landWVJOEDined on 8/17/2014If you can, get a window table and watch the planes come in along the bay. WonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome even with mixed-orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and daughters went here for our wedding anniversary. Upon arriving and checking in, we were seated within 5 minutes. We put our drink orders in, which came out shortly, followed by our entrees. I ordered the baby back ribs, my wife prime rib, eldest daughter bacon wrapped meatloaf, and my youngest daughter the chicken fingers off the kids menu. They brought out bread and calamari (which we also ordered) while we were waiting for our main courses to come out which only took 15 minutes. Unfortunately they thought my eldest daughter also ordered the baby back ribs. I mentioned this to one of the other servers and they replaced the dish within 2 minutes. It was complete with presentation. Very impressive.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodfredfoodieDined on 8/15/2014This is not the first time we visited Kincaid's and it won't be the last. The view of the bay is wonderful, with the planes taking off and landing at SFO. The server was very attentive. The food was a bit pricey, but is consistently good. We had the wild salmon, meatloaf, and prime rib. Everything was flavorful, portions were good, and the presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBruddahDDined on 8/15/2014It was 1st time at the restaurant, was greeted and seated as we came in, server friendly& helpful, food fantastic. We were not rushed and had a pleasant evening. Yelp's rating helped us select this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedBigHairDined on 8/15/2014We went here to celebrate a family birthday. The view is nice, although the placement of the tables doesn't really take full advantage of it. However, I have to say that the food was a disappointment. Everything on the menu sounded great, although expensive. What we got were plates of over-rich seafood. Each item was either breaded or "pan-seared" in a vat of butter. A side of wild rice was cold, a side of baked sweet potato was swimming in butter, and the Ahi was served without wasbi and soy sauce. The best item was the seafood louie. The best desert was the brule. The crust on the peach cobbler was bordering on stale and over cooked. The service was excellent; too bad the food wasn't as good.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerkeymusicloverDined on 8/14/2014I took my mom to Kincaid's for her birthday. The server, while attentive to us when he was at the table, was sometimes 'MIA' - didn't see him on the floor and was difficult to get his attention. The mahi mahi was a little overcooked. However, the seafood fettucine was absolutely delicious - there was tons of seafood!!!! Nice touch was the creme brulee that was brought out with a candle in it to celebrate her birthday. Was light and creamy - nice complement to finish the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surfwinoDined on 8/10/2014The artichoke/crab dip is getting way too expensive. They need to update their salads. Had the seared ahi on wasabi rice and it was very good but for 30 dollars they could have given me more than two chunks that were about an inch and a quarter square and more than 3/4 of a cup of rice. Wine by the glass was very expensive (8.50 for a quarter or third of a glass), while the wine list is very reasonably priced. On a plus note, the crème brule was huge.Special Features:
- Oceanic diningfatlionDined on 8/8/2014Kincaid's offers some wonderful views of the SF Bay while dining in an open, semi-casual restaurant. The servers were extremely attentive without being disruptive and offered good advice on wine. The food, while a tad expensive, was delicious and the portions were ample. It was our anniversary and only a word to the greeter at the entrance was all it took for Kincaid's to offer us a free creme brûlée. Nice touch!Special Features:
- good as usualChitoDined on 8/5/2014Had lunch - good server James. Food was good. Asked to meet the manager, to compliment the place, but he never came; must be busy.Special Features:
- SherylDined on 8/4/2014Dinner was perfection! The minute we walked in the door we were well taken care of. The warm welcome at the door by Joanne, impeccable service by Casey and the rest of the team and perfectly prepared food was thoroughly enjoyed by us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Just had an hour for lunch en route to airport. The service was quick and friendly plus the lunch combo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kincaided's is more than 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The speed of service was unbelievable, our server served our main course within 15min of ordering, not really enough time to finish our appetizer, but still absolutely amazing. Also the server was extremely attentive and deserves 5 stars as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!luvur4dDined on 7/26/2014The overall quality of the restaurant, the food, the atmosphere, wait staff, the friendly cheerful greeting (by name) is such that this is our (my wife and I) favorite place to take friends for a special night, birthday's, anniversaries, promotions or any other reason we can find to take friends there. But it is also a place where my wife and I go for a special evening, it is romantic, charming and an absolute delight to dine there, just the two of us or with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodcramartinDined on 7/23/2014Our server was fantastic and the ambience next to the water is always lovely.Special Features:
- Some times not timely manner ...Repeater001Dined on 7/20/2014I had to invite VIPs and asked the restaurant to reserve the table beside the windows. When we arrived at the restaurant, most of the tabels were already occupied. And the nice table was kept for us. I appreciate this kind of service for the special request from the customer. The one thing I have to mention is that in the past we could order only appetizer first and start enjoying the dinner, and later we could order the main dishes. However we were told that we had to order everything at the same time including main dishes and dessert. This change ordering system was a little uncomfirtable. And it took a longer time than expected when we ask something to the staff.Special Features:
- Great food & beautiful viewDralex777Dined on 7/17/2014Excellent seafood. Great appetizers. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & viewDralex777Dined on 7/16/2014Great seafood accompanied by delicious veggies. Great appetizers & desserts. Beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dineoutDined on 7/14/2014Took my son and his girlfriend for the first time. They enjoyed artichoke and crab dip as well as the calamari for appetizers. Then feasted on prime rib and ribs and halibut cheeks for main entrees. Topped all off with key lime pie and cheesecake, All well prepared and timely service.Special Features:
- excellent fish dishesDaly2MateDined on 7/14/2014We had a great dinner. We had a family style fish dinner - we order one of each and they were all fresh and cooked to p[erfection, even the side accompaniment was mouth-watering. We also had two children with us and their kid's meal was equally delicious!Special Features:
- 2thetableDined on 7/14/2014Kincaid's offers the freshest seafood from halibut cheeks to Copper River salmon. Reclpes focus on the ingredients and are consistently creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Mom and DadLarrySURPRISEbirthdayDined on 7/12/2014When you have parents which have surrounded their lives with aviation Kincaids in Burlingame becomes the place to go for special dining occasions. The food and service are really good and combined with the location make for a great dining experience with watching the jets land at SFO.Special Features:
- Great view of the baylocalcoupleVIPDined on 7/11/2014We've eaten at Kincaids several times. The water on the bay as the sun goes down is really lovely. It looked like the bar area was an active meeting place.Special Features:
- sunnyDined on 7/11/2014great service. super good food ambient very good courteous and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchVIPDined on 7/11/2014Seafood sslad with barely an ounce of crab....mostly mound of lettuce. Slow service. No refills....no checkbacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things ran well todayDanielVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have been coming here for over 20 years and have seen it go up and down in terms of quality and my enjoyment eating there. I keep coming back because I have a large reserve of goodwill for Kincaids and generally the experience is good. Today was a good day. Our server Sage was friendly and helpful. Our entrees of salmon and mahi mahi were both hot and well prepared. The lobster bisque was good, as was the key lime pie. Add in a beautiful day over the bay and we were glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014I have been coming here for over 20 years and the food still holds up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in the 'hoodOCBillDined on 7/10/2014this is the best restaurant i've been able to find in the SSF/Burlingame areaSpecial Features:
- SherwoodDined on 7/9/2014It was a delightful experience. The food was beautifully served and everything was fresh. We had a waiter named Noel, who was helpful in suggesting items and extremely polite. We even had a sample dessert of creme brûlée. Lovely. All in all, a very nice place for lunch with a open air view near the airport but you do not hear the planes.Special Features:
- Special night out with friendsluvur4dDined on 7/7/2014I often take family and visiting friends to your restaurant for a special dinner. The staff is always courteous and knowledgeable, the food on this night was exceptional. 3 of us had the salmon and one had the beef short ribs. The next day my wife and I received sincere thank you notes from our guests (who were visiting from London England). One would think we had prepared the dinner rather than leaving all the work to your wonderful restaurant. I try to go to dinner there at least once every 6 weeks, more often when we are entertaining visiting guests. Thank you, thank your chefs, thank your wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerRichardVIPDined on 7/6/2014Kincaid's was a perfect dinner on our return from vacation. The food is great, the pea salad is awesome. The service is awesome. We sat at the bar and Kawai took care of us he is the best bartender, he made sure our food was severed hot was time perfectly. We would highly recommend Kincaid'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try out the Sunday 3-course mealfoodesquireVIPDined on 7/6/2014Kincaid's in Burlingame has been one of our favorite restaurant since moving to the Mid-Peninsula 20 years ago. The food and service quality has been consistently good, with that warrants the higher prices for most offerings. We recently tried out the Sunday "early bird" fixed price three course offerings. The offerings were well prepared, and the fixed price was very reasonable. I had an salad with a well balanced dressing, salmon which was cooked perfectly, and the to-die for key lime pie for desert. The only glitch was the kitchen forgot to add a vegetable to my spouse's plate, and we had some difficulty in getting it corrected. Generously, we were comped for a spinach side dish ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Place with a ViewLuv2eatoutDined on 7/5/2014Good food, good service & great views!! One of my favorite place to eat in the peninsula. Not overly priced this restaurant is a good place to celebrate any occasion. It's not too noisy and I love the ambience. If you come for a late dinner you can watch the sunset during the summer.Special Features:
- Kincaid's not worth itdineelsewhere1Dined on 7/4/2014Waiter was very nice. No view where we sat. Size of the Prime Rib (regular cut) was small for price paid. String beans were tough. Prices were very high. Didn't get any real value going there. Will not return to Kincaid's again.
- One of our favorite eateriesFreeSpiritDined on 7/1/2014We come here once in a while because we always enjoy the food, the service and the location. However our lunches today were a bit on the salty side, my husband had fish and chips and I had open faced crab sandwich. The service is always great here!! As for the desert, the key lime pie was a flop...too much whipped cream on top and the taste was bland.Special Features:
- Yummy food and beautiful viewYummyfoodforKarenDined on 6/28/2014It was a beautiful night celebrating my husband's Birthday and our Anniversary. The Porterhouse Steak Special was amazing. I would recommend this restaurant highly. Sincerely, KarenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewFresnoDBAVIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice location, near airport. Great for plane spotting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticabeeliasDined on 6/26/2014Great food, amazing service. An amazing view too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.