6700 Jewel Lake Road
Anchorage, AK 99502Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kincaidgrill.com/
- Phone: 9072430507
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Nate Green
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Kincaid Grill offers a full range of off-site catering options. From 25-2500, Kincaid Grill is available to exceed your expectations in fine catering. Please visit our website at www.kincaidgrill.com to view all our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back dining room accommodates up to 40 guests in a private, relaxed setting. We offer complete menu options with wine pairing dinners available. Our chef is happy to put together a memorable menu with paired wines as well as work with you on all dietary and off menu requests. A minimum is required for the exclusive use of the back dining room area. Our chef's table located just off the kitchen accommodates from 6-10 guests and is rapidly becoming a very popular room for that small memorable occasion. No minimum is required for the Chef's table.
- Private Party Contact: Al Levinsohn 9072430507
A word from Kincaid Grill
At Kincaid Grill, you will find the finest in food preparation and uncompromising service. Kincaid Grill is located in a quiet West Anchorage neighborhood which lends itself to its unique sense of personal touches. Kincaid Grill is well known for being one of the finest restaurants in the Anchorage area for its quality preparation of what we call Alaskan Regional cuisine. Combining simple flavors and concentrating on the ingredients at hand, we strive for the ultimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kincaid Grill - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Kincaid Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (48)notable wine list (37)good for groups (19)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I dream about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here a lot and I always dream about the next time we get to come. We started with the special soup - a seafood chowder and it was the best soup I've ever had. Then I ordered the special halibut with chipotle sauce over a black bean cake and it was incredible. For dessert we ordered the chocolate soufflé and it's just so warm and chocolatey. It's actually not too heavy either after a big meal. My husband ordered the giant stuffed pork chop (also a special that night) and he was very happy with his choice. Everything was cooked perfectly. I love that this wonderful restaurant has easy parking (ie not downtown) and is located in a quiet neighborhood with gorgeous views of the mountains while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lady who lunchesLadywholunchesDined on 8/27/2014Located in a shopping mall of suburban Anchorage, with a view of the parking lot,one wonders…but the food and service more than make up for the quirky locale. We each had two appetizers-a Thai seafood soup and roasted oysters, and a beet salad with feta croquettes and crab cakes. All delicious. We shared a pannecotta with blueberry/lemon granita, which was light and a perfect ending.(Their signature dessert is their chocolate soufflé). Definitely worth a trip (if you are in Anchorage!). By far the best meal we had in Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect eveningTheAlaskansDined on 8/26/2014First class all the way the reviews don't lie! An absolutely perfect evening, our group of four all were very pleased. Thank you Kincaid GrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AKDawgDined on 8/23/2014Didn't know about this place until "Open Table" had it on their list. So we tried it! Great Choice! The seafood wonton soup & cleanser salad were very good and the Tenderloin and Ciopinno were excellent! Presentation was excellent and sauces were wonderful! Dessert was great as well! We have already booked a reservation to celebrate my In laws anniversary there! It is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet dinnerluvkincaidgrillDined on 8/22/2014The staff is very attentive and friendly. They make you feel special. It is a welcoming atmosphere that is much appreciated after a hard day's work. We each even got a free dessert because it was our anniversary! We have been to Kincaid Grill several times and will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the freshest King Salmon2goodDined on 8/22/2014I am now sure that this is the best place to take your out of town relatives for the salmon. The chef's King Salmon special was cooked to perfection and the plate presentation was only surpassed by the amazing sensory sauces. Wow. The staff was very friendly, and attentive and knowledgeable about wine pairings. We have tried other seafood venues in Anchorage, but none compares to the dinners we have had recently at Kincaid Grill. I would say Chef Drew Johnson has continued to grow in his offerings of unique dining experiences in our town. I hope he continues to bring us these amazing delights. His staff should be given a round of applause. Our guests couldn't say enough good things about the great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Crab cakes excellent, salmon and halibut well prepared, moist and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies, your utopia is waiting!Fabrix2Dined on 8/16/2014If you are ever in anchorage, and think of yourself as a foodie, go. Run, do not walk. Astounding food, every single course and bite. Really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner place!ThebaronessDined on 8/16/2014Kincaid Grill is a special dining experience. The food is fresh, delicately balanced, and very flavorful! The dishes are creative and a blend of unique flavors! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kincaid FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The location is surprising but do not let that fool you, the meal is well prepared and tasty. No rush, so excellent for a quiet nite with that special someone. Patrick is an excellent server.Special Features:
- Always superbSultariDined on 8/14/2014Kincaid Grill never fails to provide an excellent dining experience. Their food is consistently delicious and perfectly prepared. I always leave completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodfrontier49Dined on 8/14/2014Perfect for an anniversary dinner. Nice wine list with glass, half bottle and full bottle options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencetrekDined on 8/13/2014Kincaid Grill is a wonderful dining experience. The cuisine is truly remarkable.Special Features:
- Always the BestkpinAKDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten at Kincaid Grill numerous times and it has been consistently excellent. Our guests were completely thrilled with their meals and the service was outstanding. It is one of the few restaurants in Anchorage where we are willing to say it is ALWAYS good. It is a place where you should not plan on taking a rowdy crowd or small children and the view is minimal. (but the food is outstanding) We don't think it is any more expensive than some of the well know restaurants downtown, and the meal is well worth it.Special Features:
- Tasty ingredients artfully preparedSuzeDined on 8/8/2014We were a party of four. And we were all impressed with what we had ordered. Shrimp, filet mignon with truffles, and fish. Cleverly prepared. My filet was tasty. For dessert we all shared a panna cotta paired with a spicy raspberry chocolate ice cream. Very good.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulKeetzDined on 8/8/2014Best Halibut ever and wonderful service. Patrick is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!AdrienneSDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary with dinner out at the Kincaid Grill. We are both extreme foodies and have very high standards for restaurants - we were not disappointed! The service was excellent and the food was absolutely outstanding. I had the halibut special, which was pan-fried with a cucumber/mango salsa, placed over a coconut milk/lemongrass/shrimp risotto. Absolutely fabulous! The fish was cooked perfectly and the flavors were wonderful. My husband had the salmon with tomato/bacon chutney and it was also done perfectly. Oysters casino to start and crème brulee for dessert. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We ate at four top restaurants around Anchorage on our recent visit, all were close to our hotel downtown. We took a chance and took a short cab ride out of downtown to Kincaid Grill. What an incredible experience, well worth the trip. Food and service far exceeded our expectations. Our most memorable dining experience of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Delicious food and good portion sizes, but the appearance could use some freshening and brightening up. Kinda drab/boring feeling inside.Special Features:
- As usual did not disappointLuv2eatDined on 7/24/2014I always order the king prawn with white cheddar/andouille sausage and mushrooms. Usually can't finish at one sitting so it's like two meals!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ShripRightFinBen50Dined on 7/18/2014We had the Fusion seafood wonton soup which was very good followed by what I would describe as a Cajun shrimp bisque with mushrooms over grits that was unbelievably good....we also had the king Salmon which was perfect,super fresh and delicious.....First class food,go here and eat!Special Features:
- Farewell DinnerbigskibenDined on 7/18/2014It was great food all around. The oysters both raw and cooked had some great and interesting flavors. Everyone had wonderful entrees. We will be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The dinner special was great as well as the service. Extra special bread also. Waiting 15 minutes for our desert, however, put a damper on our dining experience. We finally told the waiter to cancel it, paid the bill and left. So many restaurants fail at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!997DinerDined on 7/12/2014We both had seafood. Both meals were superb. Reasonable price, given the quality. Will go there again.Special Features:
- desertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014not to good /////////////////////////////////////////////////
- Excellent servicePsAjDined on 7/2/2014One of the better eateries in Anchorage. Dinner was outstanding. Tea selection was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitor favoriteEliotmikeDined on 6/26/2014I try to visit every time I am in Anchorage. I almost always am there for work and therefor done alone. I have never felt I was treated any differently than the couples or groups that are most of the rest of the diners, which is nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining!HelenDined on 6/25/2014Once again we were very happy with our experience at Kincaid grill. The food was perfect, the service fabulous, and the atmosphere great. You can't go wrong with Kincaid Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!DaveRDined on 6/18/2014My girlfriend and I looked forward to our 3rd dining experience at the Kincaid Grill and we were not disappointed! We were looking for exceptional cuisine and a quiet romantic atmosphere....again we were very pleased with both the atmosphere and unmatched service! Our filet special's with cherry compote were tender and cooked to perfection! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Special date nightbrebersDined on 6/18/2014Normally, I don't enjoy going to a nice place because I feel like I could have made the dinner myself and saved some money, but not here. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits-AMAZING! The cream sauce is cut with a vinegar zingy flavor and cilantro. I ordered the cioppino and was very happy. The seafood in both dishes was cooked perfectly. We ordered the oysters casino-wonderful minerally sweet flavor, again, cooked perfectly. The service was great and they do have an extensive wine list. Yum! Lots of people around us seemed to order their filet. I will go back!Special Features:
- Excellent meal!GourmandDined on 6/18/2014We enjoyed our meal tremendously - we both had the filet mignon with the parmesan crusted potato cake and brussel sprouts, which was one of the specials of the day. Our server was knowledgeable about the food and wine. Do not be put off by the fact that this restaurant is in a strip mall - it is well worth a visit. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningSueBooDined on 6/14/2014An enjoyable evening, good food, excellent service. A mix up with the requested table but still an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yaaay!LovegreatfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious! The service was superb! Definitely with the money! I'd go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time heremudflatsloverDined on 6/7/2014Service was great. Other than the waitress serving wine after opening the bottle, we poured the remainder ourselves. Very pleasant and knowledgeable waitress with frequent check-ins on us. It would have been nice if she would have noticed that our wine glasses were empty and poured some more. No biggie really though. The food was a great combination of flavors that paired very well together. The portions were very large and after awhile all the flavors just ran together as the presentation of my salmon was stacked with all the veggies and sauces. I guess that I'm one of those people that likes my foods separated on the plate so that I can enjoy each individually or combine myself. Sauces were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- PerfectDinesWithFriendsDined on 6/7/2014I wanted a lovely, quiet dining place to meet up with a long time friend that I had not seen for a couple of years. Kincaid Grill was the first restaurant to come to mind. It was perfect, the food was wonderful, perfectly done and the presentation so nice my friend took a picture. The restaurant was full and yet we could carry on a conversation easily. Our server was attentive without being obtrusive. It was all I was hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable occasionConnieVIPDined on 6/3/2014We treated ourselves and our visitors from Chicago to a dinner; the visitors said their experience was comparable, if not better, than what they've enjoyed in Chicago. Everything we ordered was to our liking, but the halibut, the lamb chop lollypops, and the cioppino were highlights. Our server was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. This is a great alternative to downtown restaurants and we are spreading the word to our friends. We will return.Special Features:
- Always amazingKnihttnacDined on 5/22/2014Never had any complaints about this place, other customers however it would be nice if you at least tried to dress like an adult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High school graduation dinnerKathyAKDined on 5/14/2014The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. The food was over the top. It was beautifully presented and the tastes were varied and delicious. I hope to return soon and often as it is one of Anchorage's best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My daughter and I enjoyed the relaxed feel of the restaurant. We will definitely return. The halibut ceviche wrap appetizer was amazing, and as always loved the seafood fusion soup. I thoroughly enjoyed one of the evening specials of beef shoulder medallions with the onion jam. Cooked perfectly, so delicious. Service was fantastic from the minute we walked in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.FoodandWineLoverDined on 5/10/2014A bit off the beaten path but well worth seeking out. Inventive and delicious food with worldwide influences--clams with Thai broth, halibut special with polenta, Mediterranean tapas appetizer plate. A good number of wines by the glass so you can pair your courses. Comfortable bar area as well. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive without hovering. We'll be back.......often I hope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.