6700 Jewel Lake Road
Anchorage, AK 99502Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kincaidgrill.com/
- Phone: (907) 243-0507
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Nate Green
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Kincaid Grill offers a full range of off-site catering options. From 25-2500, Kincaid Grill is available to exceed your expectations in fine catering. Please visit our website at www.kincaidgrill.com to view all our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back dining room accommodates up to 40 guests in a private, relaxed setting. We offer complete menu options with wine pairing dinners available. Our chef is happy to put together a memorable menu with paired wines as well as work with you on all dietary and off menu requests. A minimum is required for the exclusive use of the back dining room area. Our chef's table located just off the kitchen accommodates from 6-10 guests and is rapidly becoming a very popular room for that small memorable occasion. No minimum is required for the Chef's table.
- Private Party Contact: Al Levinsohn 9072430507
A word from Kincaid Grill
At Kincaid Grill, you will find the finest in food preparation and uncompromising service. Kincaid Grill is located in a quiet West Anchorage neighborhood which lends itself to its unique sense of personal touches. Kincaid Grill is well known for being one of the finest restaurants in the Anchorage area for its quality preparation of what we call Alaskan Regional cuisine. Combining simple flavors and concentrating on the ingredients at hand, we strive for the ultimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kincaid Grill - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Kincaid Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (72)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (50)good for groups (22)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Another Great EveningBullwinkleDined on 11/20/2014My wife and I come here three or four times a year. This time I went with my daughter. As usual, the food and service was excellent, and my daughter and I were able to enjoy a wonderful conversation with a great bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemkinkaidDined on 11/14/2014A flavorful and elegant dining experience. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter knowledgeable about GlutenDateNightDined on 11/7/2014The waiter we had was very knowledgeable and accommodating to my gluten free diet. Kudos to Kincaid grill for great local food while taking care of those with allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Another great dining experience at the Kincaid Grill. We particularly like the weekly wine-pairing meals. This week was no exception, with terrific food and professional service . The wine list is not the longest in Anchorage, but it offers a good range of prices and many interesting choices not seen in other restaurants. Pity some of the clientele feel the need to dress like they're eating at Wendy's (or worse).Special Features:
- Great meal!EmdoctorDined on 11/6/2014First and foremost, I have to thank Jerzey. He was more a guide than a server. During my discussion with Jerzey, I mentioned that I wanted a taste of Alaska as this was my first visit. He mentioned it to the chef, who sent a complementary amuse bouche of their King Crab cakes. I followed with cold water local Alaskan oysters. They were plump with the perfect heat from a Tabasco garnicha. For entree, I had the King salmon with truffle hollandaise. It was spectacularly prepared. I've never had a better piece of salmon. I'll be dreaming of it for years. The accompanying harcot verts and creamy mash potatoes were terrific. It's too bad Kincaid Grill is 4300 miles from my home, otherwise I would eat here at least once per week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Diamond in the RoughYoSithaDined on 11/4/2014Definitely a great place for special occasions and get together. Nice and quiet, fancy with a soft atmosphere. I can see this being "our place" for date nights. Love the staff and the food was just beyond superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice experienceScottyMacDined on 10/31/2014I have eaten here quite often when we trave to Anchortown. The food was as good as usual, and my wife and I had a very nice quiet dinner. BUT, they ran out of oysters!! I so needed an oyster fix!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home about.JamesDined on 10/31/2014Unimpressed certainly. Fair food-- displayed nicely, served hot (huge detail), real issue was service, followed by inside entryway, & interior environment in nearly all respects possible; worst offense was kitchen revealed with blue operating room lights that spilled out into dining area. It was awfully tacky;ruined ambiance. Service provided by waiter unremarkable--never introduced himself, impersonal, robotic, failed recall of specials (he could have read them surely, but didn't) & awkwardly stumbled through them. He returned later with "oh and...we are out of fresh (or any) halibut for the season" the first entree on menu (so make a fresh menu). We were offered complimentary dessert as we made reservation on OpenTable & notated as such.
- Very nice quiet dinner!!RoyceVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very nice quiet dinner!! Always enjoy the serenity and the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Had a mostly great experience for dinner. Only dissappointment was my halibut entree which was over cooked and therefore dry and generally a really bland dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceLD14Dined on 10/25/2014If you're looking for good food, a quiet atmosphere, and outstanding service the Kincaid Grill is a nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBebucksDined on 10/24/2014The service was very good, got promptly seated. However our 5 course meal was amazing. If you go to Kincaid Grill expecting a mid priced average meal you are going to the wrong place. Here you get what you pay for as the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local diningConnieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We like Kincaid Grill for its local feeling and for the outstanding menu choices of food and drinks. It's a good place to meet friends and have a quiet conversation, even with every other table filled. Service is always good, as is parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Lovely dinner as usual at the Kincaid Grill. Service is the most professional in Anchorage. The food is always properly prepared, especially the halibut which is not over-cooked. I think the Kincaid Grill is the closest one can come to a "sure thing" fine dining experience in Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LibragirlDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Nice for birthday celebrations and other occasions. My favorite Anchorage restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmelmacbDined on 10/18/2014The food and service was excellent. Would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- 5 Stars all aroundbonsaiDined on 10/14/2014The food was superb and the service outstanding. My companion needed to have her steak cut by the kitchen b/c of a disability. They were very gracious and accommodating about her situation.Special Features:
- Excellence in AnchorageFreshVIPDined on 10/11/2014Kincaid Grill more than lived up to our expectations. My son ordered the King Salmon and I had the Halibut. Both preparations were outstanding. Our server, Tracy, was very pleasant, professional and attentive. We will definitely return on our next visit to Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kincaid Grill in Anchorage, AlaskaWoodyCreekDined on 10/11/2014I only recently discovered the Kincaid Grill in Anchorage - It has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in the entire U.S. The food is sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going backTamAndBertDined on 10/4/2014Stopped by here for the first time and was amazed by the great service, food and atmosphere. Coming back with my friends and family. Ask for Kim, she was an awesome server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is consistently good. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgable. We are always seated promptly and the timing of courses is appropriate. I have never seen the place empty- you need a reservation to get a table. The location is not ideal for doing anything much aside from dinner, although we have done a hike, ski or bike ride before dinner at Kincaid Park, just down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014I had the scallops and my wife had the halibut. Both were exceptional tasting and the presentation was perfect. We enjoyed a really nice bottle of wine with the meal and followed with the fantastic goat cheesecake with fresh berries port and coffee. The service was friendly and attentive. The only thing I would like to see changed is the setting/atmosphere. It is a bit plain. We will definitely be back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeShawnashawnashawnaDined on 9/18/2014My first time there with my husband, absolutely loved it... Definitely will go back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ccallDined on 9/17/2014absolutely outstanding lamb chop and wonderful kale/cannellini bean ragout. classic reinvented. thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerSugarysweetDined on 9/12/2014Great meal prepared by Chef Drew in team. Food made up for the atmosphere and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dollar!AKsunburnDined on 9/11/2014Menu seems pricey, but our food was beautifully prepared and the service was impeccable. A great place for a special evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014We were early but seated immediately in our requested window seat. The host offered to take my raincoat which was nice. Our waitress was excellent, friendly, efficient. Other server was helpful answering questions about menu vocabulary. I groaned with pleasure when I tasted the food, which I usually don't do, but the food was exquisite (halibut). Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- AniversaryDined on 9/9/2014I like the food a lot, the waiter was great, friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harleydawg2001HarleyDawg2001Dined on 9/9/2014the food was excellent, service was spot on and the wine we chose was perfect.Special Features:
- Best in AnchorageHyvaaruokahalua2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been going to Kincaid Grill for years. Every time the service is great and food is excellent. We have never left disappointed and this place is the only place in Anchorage that we can say this. I would recommend this restaurant highly to anyone.Special Features:
- Best in Anchorage!OldLoversDined on 9/6/2014This unassuming strip mall location holds a gem of a restaurant. Immaculate table settings (white cloths and red roses--what's not to like?) The salmon, chicken and duck entrees were praised by all the diners in our group, and my husband said the oysters were sparkling fresh. Excellent service even on a busy night, and a noteworthy wine list. Kincaid Grill is an Anchorage must for foodie visitors and locals alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful placeKeetzDined on 9/5/2014Everything is great as usual. The service is top notch and the food is always heavenly. Halibut, Crabcakes and Shrimp Oh my!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly2goodDined on 9/5/2014The wine pairings with the chef menu hit the spot every course. While every course was a new adventure, we both thought the halibut was over the top with an innovative mix of ingredients. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. Although I will worn you, once you have eaten here, anything else in Anchorage seems so ordinary. The staff is spot on with service. We are so lucky to have a gem like Kincaid Grill in our little town.Special Features:
- OLD CHEFOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014The food on the tasting menu that they do during the winter is not only great it is fun to see what they come up with each weekSpecial Features:
- I dream about the foodAKLoveMuffinDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here a lot and I always dream about the next time we get to come. We started with the special soup - a seafood chowder and it was the best soup I've ever had. Then I ordered the special halibut with chipotle sauce over a black bean cake and it was incredible. For dessert we ordered the chocolate soufflé and it's just so warm and chocolatey. It's actually not too heavy either after a big meal. My husband ordered the giant stuffed pork chop (also a special that night) and he was very happy with his choice. Everything was cooked perfectly. I love that this wonderful restaurant has easy parking (ie not downtown) and is located in a quiet neighborhood with gorgeous views of the mountains while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lady who lunchesLadywholunchesDined on 8/27/2014Located in a shopping mall of suburban Anchorage, with a view of the parking lot,one wonders…but the food and service more than make up for the quirky locale. We each had two appetizers-a Thai seafood soup and roasted oysters, and a beet salad with feta croquettes and crab cakes. All delicious. We shared a pannecotta with blueberry/lemon granita, which was light and a perfect ending.(Their signature dessert is their chocolate soufflé). Definitely worth a trip (if you are in Anchorage!). By far the best meal we had in Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect eveningTheAlaskansDined on 8/26/2014First class all the way the reviews don't lie! An absolutely perfect evening, our group of four all were very pleased. Thank you Kincaid GrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AKDawgDined on 8/23/2014Didn't know about this place until "Open Table" had it on their list. So we tried it! Great Choice! The seafood wonton soup & cleanser salad were very good and the Tenderloin and Ciopinno were excellent! Presentation was excellent and sauces were wonderful! Dessert was great as well! We have already booked a reservation to celebrate my In laws anniversary there! It is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet dinnerluvkincaidgrillDined on 8/22/2014The staff is very attentive and friendly. They make you feel special. It is a welcoming atmosphere that is much appreciated after a hard day's work. We each even got a free dessert because it was our anniversary! We have been to Kincaid Grill several times and will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the freshest King Salmon2goodDined on 8/22/2014I am now sure that this is the best place to take your out of town relatives for the salmon. The chef's King Salmon special was cooked to perfection and the plate presentation was only surpassed by the amazing sensory sauces. Wow. The staff was very friendly, and attentive and knowledgeable about wine pairings. We have tried other seafood venues in Anchorage, but none compares to the dinners we have had recently at Kincaid Grill. I would say Chef Drew Johnson has continued to grow in his offerings of unique dining experiences in our town. I hope he continues to bring us these amazing delights. His staff should be given a round of applause. Our guests couldn't say enough good things about the great dining experience.Special Features: