Kin Sushi and Thai Cuisine
1132 N. Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Kin Sushi and Thai Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kinchicago.com/
- Phone: 7737722722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jimmy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please order one day in advance. Order from the regular menu.
A word from Kin Sushi and Thai Cuisine
This little Noble Square BYOB serves classic Thai noodle and rice dishes (aromatic curries are among the menu highlights) and sushi. The sushi menu focuses on nigiri and maki; expect plenty of house specialty rolls. The decor in the minimalist two-room space is a step up from your usual neighborhood Thai joint, with candlelit tables and clean, modern lines throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kin Sushi and Thai Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ServiceKinbDined on 8/6/2014We went with a group of 11 girls for a birthday party and there was couple there. It took at least 20 minutes for a wine opener then another 30-40 minutes until we had to tell the lady that we were ready to orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Kin Sushi and Thai Cuisine reviews archive.
- I'm not sure if I orderedmandile23Dined on 4/10/2014I'm not sure if I ordered wrong or if the food wasn't good enough. I felt the 'fried' items were way overdone and greasy. The nagiri pieces didn't feel cold and luke-warm fish is not appetizing. I'm willing to try it again, but for this first time I was not impressed.
- FreezingChiTownGal16Dined on 2/7/2014I made a reservation, walked in and as we were being seated, I noticed the couple sitting next to us were still wearing their jackets. We asked for the heat to be turned up and they brought us a small, white space heater to put under our table. Unfortunately, I didn't feel very comfortable and I didn't want to eat the entire meal with my jacket on so we left before we were asked to order.
- Kin Sushi and ThairaleighfoodieDined on 1/25/2014Had an overall great experience - my sushi was fresh and tasty and the fact that the establishment is BYOB is even better. No cork fee. Will definitely be back. My debit card unknowingly fell out under my seat when I left - the server was kind enough to chase me down outside in the snow to give it back to me. Great service. Thank you!Special Features:
- The food was quite good, butCooperDined on 12/30/2013The food was quite good, but at least 3 of the dishes seemed to have been forgotten altogether and only after asking multiple times were they brought out about 30 minutes after the rest of the party had finished eating. Poor service really killed this place for us.
- great eveningjeffreyDined on 11/28/2013I treated two of my adult children to a special meal. This place was great. Creative sushi rolls were scrumptious and generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, Ambient, and ForgetfulheyhihelloDined on 10/10/2013I offered to take my friend out to sushi for his birthday, and he suggested this restaurant. Actually, he thought this place was Nori (he had never been to Kin before, as it turns out), so our visit here was a "mistake". I'm glad we ended up here, though! The restaurant was totally empty from when we sat down to the time we left (about 1.5 hours), which was a little off-putting...but, it was quiet and the maki was excellent. Our waitress, despite the fact we were the only in-house customers (their phone orders were piled up the entire time) seemed impatient, as if she was trying to rush us out the door the entire time. Additionally, I ordered edamame and egg rolls at the beginning, but only received edamame. I didn't say anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high expectations forRoscoeVillageNeighborDined on 2/22/2013I had high expectations for Kin Sushi because the reviews were so good, they could accommodate a group, and they were BYOB. The food was really good. Our group had both sushi and thai and everyone was pleased with their order. The service however was very slow, it took a very long time to place our order and to get our entrees. There was a lot of time in between receiving our appetizers and when our entrees came out. The restaurant is very small and because there was another large group in the restaurant, the tables were spaced very close together. I think I would go again because the food was good and it was BYOB but I would not go again in a group: 2 or 3 people at most.
- Delicious American Thai/SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/16/2013Delicious American Thai/Sushi in a great little neighborhood.Special Features:
- As we are sushi lovers, weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013As we are sushi lovers, we thought Kin Sushi fits in the top 1-5 restaurants for sushi in the Chicago area!Special Features:
- Great spot for groups, serviceAshTVIPDined on 2/8/2013Great spot for groups, service was excellent. The red curry was one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- I thought the food here wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2013I thought the food here was great. We ordered several rolls, and everything came out perfectly. Granted, it wasn't busy when we were here, but the service was great, and it is hard to beat a $40 meal for two for decent sushi. BYOB is also a plus!
- The food was good, but nothingmelissabmurrayVIPDined on 1/18/2013The food was good, but nothing special. The best part about the restaurant was BYOB & no corkage fee. Our waitress was really sweet.Special Features:
- We had delicious food at KinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013We had delicious food at Kin Sushi on Saturday night. We ordered both Japaneses and Thai food.(dragon rolls and pad thai-tasty!)I liked the small,personal touches that the restaurant made like creating an origami rose out of the top of the straw paper and the "nest" of carrots used on the side of many dishes. We were there early and the waitress was very attentive.Perfect place to go before seeing a show at Chopin Theater!
- I love this place. Not onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012I love this place. Not only do I enjoy their red curry, and pad-see-ew, but their rolls are delicious as well. I, personally, would opt for chicken in your pad-see-ew, their beef option did not impress me. The Rock & Roll is my fav. It's got a little kick to it.Special Features:
- Give your review a titlePandKDined on 12/7/2012Kin is our absolute favorite sushi restaurant in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area. We have tried many others, and no place even comes close to Kin. We love every sushi roll we've ordered, and think their main dishes are great as well. Love that it's BYOB. We've dined with large groups of friends as well as just a dinner for two. Kin never disappoints!Special Features:
- Everything is very good onOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/1/2012Everything is very good on the menu. i wouldn't call it authentic Thai, but it's great for American Thai, it's BYOB so it's a great bonus. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- I wish I would have rememberedIknowgreatfoodVIPDined on 11/22/2012I wish I would have remembered our server's name. He said it was his first night on the job. He was WONDERFUL! A great person and a great waiter. My family and I really enjoyed our experience at Kin Sushi and Thai. Thank you!Special Features:
- BYOB, large group friendly!JRbabyDined on 10/20/2012Very good second experience at KIN. Good food and attentive service BYOB makes this especially affordable. My only suggestion would be to turn up the lights somewhat...could be I'm just getting old! Not many diners in both visits, which is a shame but makes this a great place for a large, animated table of friends to have a lively timeSpecial Features:
- We absolutely love Kin everyPandKDined on 5/21/2012We absolutely love Kin every time we go! It is my favorite sushi restaurants in the entire city and I recommend it to anyone who comes. Don't forget that it's BYOB, but if you do, there is a store around the corner that has a great selection.Special Features:
- Favorite!IHeartFoodVIPDined on 3/19/2012My husband and I go here all of the time. Moderate prices, great service and fantastic sushi. We also bring "new to sushi" people a lot. There are some great choices for people just starting out and if it isn't their thing, we can order Thai! Although we've never had the need to.Special Features:
- Nothing special. Went on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/8/2012Nothing special. Went on a Wednesday night when it was empty and the service was marginal. Wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.
- Everything was fresh and delicious.luv2VIPDined on 11/16/2011Everything was fresh and delicious. I was only disappointed they only have uni on weekends.Special Features:
- Every time I go to Kin, IPRudnickVIPDined on 5/17/2011Every time I go to Kin, I am blown away by how fresh and flavorful the sushi is. The rolls are always the way you expect them to be and you can't be the outstanding service and BYOB.Special Features:
- Really cute place... GreatPenguin001Dined on 5/1/2011Really cute place... Great sushi and fun! BYOB so it keeps the prices down :)Special Features: