Kimo's Restaurant Maui
845 Front St. , Suite A
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kimo's Restaurant Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kimosmaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 661-4811
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 5-10 PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Acevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Almeroth 8086675466
- Entertainment: Hawaiian music nightly
A word from Kimo's Restaurant Maui
On the water in the heart of historic Lahaina Town, Kimo’s offers a casual, quintessentially Maui dining experience. This landmark restaurant is renowned for its fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and Original Hula Pie. Kimo’s has been regarded as a Maui “must do” for over 35 years. Visitors and locals alike return again and again for generous portions, reasonable prices and lively atmosphere. Lunch and dinner are served daily along with ocean breezes, spectacular views of the islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i, fiery sunsets, and friendly, gracious Island hospitality. At lunch time we offer a more casual menu and do not accept reservations. Lunch seating is on a walk-in basis only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Kimo's Restaurant Maui - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Kimo's Restaurant Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)great for outdoor dining (100)romantic (59)special occasion (52)good for groups (39)hot spot (35)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (12)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Maholo Kimo's!qb6445VIPDined on 11/23/2014Visited Kimo's on our recent trip to Maui. It was perfect in every way. We had a deck side table for the sunset. Our food was excellent. Our server Ryan was terrific! By all means visit Kimo's if you are in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than I rememberedrepeateaterDined on 11/20/2014We ate here 5 years ago and couldn't wait to come back. It was even better than I remembered! Amazing waterfront view, amazing fish (the macadamia nut calamari appetizer was so good). The only downside was weak drinks. They were good (the lahaina lemonade, yum), just not much alcohol in them. Definitely will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceBdaybash1Dined on 11/18/2014Made a reservation and arrived in time. Table was made perfect and drinks ordered quickly. Ordered pious which are delicious; Maguro was to die for and coconut shrimp was amazing! Dinner arrived and was a little disappointing for flavor and extras not too plentiful. All in all 4 out of 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly dinner at KimosYankeeDined on 11/9/2014We always go to Kimo"s a least once when on Maui always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatingSallygDined on 10/30/2014I requested just grilled fish with no sauce and steamed vegetables. The fish was very moist and perfectly prepared Mahi Mahi and the vegetables were delicious. The server was extremely accommodating to my dietary requests.Special Features:
- A MUST on Every Maui Visit!JohnKVIPDined on 10/29/2014Don't know if there's a better view during dinner in Maui than from Kimo's. Service was wonderful.....drinks excellent. Fish is always good because the preparation is simple and doesn't mask the delicate flavor of each species. The Prime Rib MELTS in your mouth. Use the steak knife to hold down your cocktail napkin to keep it from blowing away. If you leave Maui w/o going to Kimo's, you've missed a gem that has been around for years! - john & bethSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deck everCPinEastbayDined on 10/24/2014We come here whenever we can. The mai tais are very good and the deck has a fantastic view. Live music is good and the coconut prawns are the best. I wish they had a sweet and sour dip instead of the mustard sauce, but still the prawns are amazing.Special Features:
- tourist trapOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014What you would expect for front street. .. catering to tourists and not really exceptional on any level. Just ok.
- Dhaysmu04OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent service & great view. Waitress very knowledgable on menu and offered good recommendations for first time visit. Best seating is located upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loving eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014we will be back - food was great in bar - wanted a light dinner and this was perfect- Sashmi was perfect finished off with the hula pie yumSpecial Features:
- HoneymoonStevesreviewsforopentableDined on 10/17/2014We were on our last night of our honeymoon and I wanted to take my bride to a special place on our last night in Maui. Kimo's did not disapoint. It was perfect with a great view of the ocean. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was excellent. I had the prime rib and a baked potato and she had a beef and vegitable skewer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Yearly Dining Experience for UsMarilynVIPDined on 10/16/2014We go to Maui every October for a week's vacation and always have dinner at Kimo's. This year we had our family with us so we ate there and everyone was raving about our food and outstanding service. We were seated early, had a great table with a view and superb service. Our food was delivered hot and everyone loved their meals. We think this is one of the most consistently good restaurants in Lahaina and we highly recommend it. The seafood is always fresh and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- budndebmauibudndebmauiDined on 10/12/2014As residents of the island for over 10 years, this is one of our favorite restaurants! We never miss the chance to dine at Kimo's when in Lahaina! The prime rib is to die for! Best on island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsNerrakDined on 10/9/2014We were seated upstairs which was perfect to watch the sunset. We live on Maui & we take sunsets for granted. Ambiance was great, wine list & cocktail list was perfect. Server explained the different styles of fish preparations. Hula pie is a MUST!!!Special Features:
- Maui's BestMarkDined on 10/8/2014Kimos is a tradition that has stood the test of time. I had many great experiences there 20 years ago, and just recentally was able to return. Just perfect! Lunch, Bar life, and a date night up stairs. All wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, great serviceLove2eatDined on 10/7/2014Kimos sat us within minutes of arriving, a nice table overlooking the water. Out waiter was awesome..I believe his name was rob. Food was ok, we had a chicken dish and a lobster salad topped fish dish. May have been because we had already been in Hawaii a week and a half and were tiring of the selections between restaurants. Calamari appetizer was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!NHTraveDined on 10/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Kimo's. The food was great, our server was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We thought it was a good value and plan on eating here again before we leave Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationBill39Dined on 10/7/2014We are visiting Maui with friends who are celebrating their tenth anniversary. They had their wedding night dinner at Kimo's. I mentioned this when I made the reservation. Someone had actually read the note because our waiter was aware if this occasion and gave us exceptional service, although I suspect this is the norm. At any rate, we were surprised with a complimentary Hula Pie which really topped off a marvelous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Our server was very knowledgable regarding the menu. We expected a wonderful dining experience and wow, we got it! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can I sayMauiloversDined on 10/4/2014Just reviewed this restaurant last week and back again for another great night of food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and friendly service.sallyDined on 10/4/2014I first time visited Hawaii on honeymoon. I thought great choose Kimo's restaurant! awesome food and friendly service.. If I again stay in Maui.. I'll must again visit to there.! Recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewmmcampiVIPDined on 10/2/2014Every time we visit Maui, we always have dinner there. We came on our honeymoon in 1981 and we came this year. Love the food especially the fish specials and got to have room for hula pie for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesMauinokaoiDined on 10/2/2014Kimos is a must every trip to Maui! Great location and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Only disappointment was the TINY glass of wine in the giant glass for l poo tske on money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentMauiloversDined on 9/28/2014Been coming here for 7 years,and I can honestly say this is one of the most consistently good places to eat.The food and service and location can not be bettered for the price and better than some more expensive restaurants I have eaten atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DinnerNotafoodieDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a fabulous view of the ocean and close by islands. The fish was to die for and the dessert was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimo's is PrimoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We ate at Kimo's to celebrate our 36th anniversary, and enjoyed it very much. While we very rarely would spend this much for dinner, we're glad we had this opportunity. We were seated promptly, and had a great view overlooking the ocean with the island of Molokai in the distance. The food was excellent. We both had fresh fish...my wife had Opah (moonfish) stuffed with lobster, and I had the parmesan crusted Ono (Wahoo)...both delicious. We finished it off with the famous Hula Pie...awesome! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kimo's. Next time we in Maui we'll definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regular visitrlernVIPDined on 9/22/2014This place usually doesn't disappoint. The ambiance and food are always good but our waiter had no personality and belonged behind a desk not dealing with the public.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Kimo's was amazing and would recommend to everyone! Jenna, our server was wonderful, very attentive and helpful with menu items. The food was just spectacular from the carrot muffins, to main course to the carmel hula pie! And the sunset view was perfect for our special evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Our waiter, Will, was one of the best we've ever had. Was very friendly, not assertive, but honest and helpful as we really enjoyed our selections. He was super busy and stopped to have short conversations about food, recommendations and sports, but did not delay any food being brought out. He was attentive and very helpful to other tables he was attending to, even to a table with a very intoxicated woman who I though was going to be a disaster to him, but he handled it well. I had the chicken instead of ribs based on his recommendation and loved it. He surprised my wife and I with their famous Hula Pie, which even if you are too full, you will miraculously make room for. One of the best things ever to exist. It is a must try.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunset!CschulerDined on 9/16/2014We have dined here twice before so knew what to expect. Great food, beautiful setting and great service.Special Features:
- AmazingTravelingcoupleDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I loved what we both had for dinner and you couldn't have picked a better view of the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent always a favorite in townLAdinerDined on 9/14/2014Did not dissapoint. We always make time to visit Kimos when on Maui. One of the best sunset views while having dinner. The bread , food and drinks were simply marvolous. Highly recommend it for the dining experience with someone special. The seafood is fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our group had a top notch experience at Kimo's. The highlight was our server Jim. This was THE best service I can ever remember from any restaurant. He was friendly but not in an artificial way. When he brought food out for other tables he'd show it to us to give us an idea of what we might order. Our wine and water glasses were always full. He showed us a neat cork trick, among other fun things he did to make our time truly memorable. Food was great as well. I had the marlin with the Thai sauce and it was perfect. Blue cheese wedge also excellent. One guest had the prime rib. Done just like he wanted, but too much meat (14oz is enough). Nice music playing in the background and view of sunset always a treat.Special Features:
- Dinner on Sept 13, 2014CrusaderDined on 9/13/2014I was very disappointed with our last visit to Kimo's on Maui. I had put in a reservation 5 weeks in advance of our arrival to ask for a table by the rail (or close) and even called to verify the time. When we got there, they told us there would be a short wait. After 20 minutes and seeing several people be seated who came in after us, I went up and asked. It turned out they had written the wrong "code" down so our marker did not "flash". They immediately said they had a table and then stuck us at a large table in the back of the restaurant with no view. It got worse as the waiter kept forgetting about us and we to keep asking for water or whatever we needed. It was a disaster for our last nite on Maui. Duke's is 10x better!
- Great menu & a killer viewCaliFoodGirlDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. The sunset view was priceless. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had the prime rib an dopa, they were both succulent. The prime rib was like velvet. The fish was flavored superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Been going to Kimo's for 30 years, and plan to make it the next 30. Great fresh fish, prepared by gourmet chefs, and served by skillful servers. Can hardly wait for the next visit, right in the heart of Lahaina town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottScottDined on 9/11/2014Had perfect dinner, seats, view, weathers, server, and amazing desserts. Fish dishes are special and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewalkoiv24VIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here for lunch and dinner on our trip and the food was very good both times. They also made a very tasty lava flow!Special Features: