Kimo's Restaurant Maui
845 Front St. , Suite A
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kimo's Restaurant Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kimosmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086614811
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 5-10 PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Acevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Almeroth 8086675466
- Entertainment: Hawaiian music nightly
A word from Kimo's Restaurant Maui
On the water in the heart of historic Lahaina Town, Kimo’s offers a casual, quintessentially Maui dining experience. This landmark restaurant is renowned for its fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and Original Hula Pie. Kimo’s has been regarded as a Maui “must do” for over 35 years. Visitors and locals alike return again and again for generous portions, reasonable prices and lively atmosphere. Lunch and dinner are served daily along with ocean breezes, spectacular views of the islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i, fiery sunsets, and friendly, gracious Island hospitality. At lunch time we offer a more casual menu and do not accept reservations. Lunch seating is on a walk-in basis only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Kimo's Restaurant Maui - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Kimo's Restaurant Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (54)special occasion (49)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (21)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- budndebmauibudndebmauiDined on 10/12/2014As residents of the island for over 10 years, this is one of our favorite restaurants! We never miss the chance to dine at Kimo's when in Lahaina! The prime rib is to die for! Best on island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsNerrakDined on 10/9/2014We were seated upstairs which was perfect to watch the sunset. We live on Maui & we take sunsets for granted. Ambiance was great, wine list & cocktail list was perfect. Server explained the different styles of fish preparations. Hula pie is a MUST!!!Special Features:
- Nice place, great serviceLove2eatDined on 10/7/2014Kimos sat us within minutes of arriving, a nice table overlooking the water. Out waiter was awesome..I believe his name was rob. Food was ok, we had a chicken dish and a lobster salad topped fish dish. May have been because we had already been in Hawaii a week and a half and were tiring of the selections between restaurants. Calamari appetizer was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!NHTraveDined on 10/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Kimo's. The food was great, our server was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We thought it was a good value and plan on eating here again before we leave Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationBill39Dined on 10/7/2014We are visiting Maui with friends who are celebrating their tenth anniversary. They had their wedding night dinner at Kimo's. I mentioned this when I made the reservation. Someone had actually read the note because our waiter was aware if this occasion and gave us exceptional service, although I suspect this is the norm. At any rate, we were surprised with a complimentary Hula Pie which really topped off a marvelous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Our server was very knowledgable regarding the menu. We expected a wonderful dining experience and wow, we got it! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can I sayMauiloversDined on 10/4/2014Just reviewed this restaurant last week and back again for another great night of food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and friendly service.sallyDined on 10/4/2014I first time visited Hawaii on honeymoon. I thought great choose Kimo's restaurant! awesome food and friendly service.. If I again stay in Maui.. I'll must again visit to there.! Recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewmmcampiVIPDined on 10/2/2014Every time we visit Maui, we always have dinner there. We came on our honeymoon in 1981 and we came this year. Love the food especially the fish specials and got to have room for hula pie for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesMauinokaoiDined on 10/2/2014Kimos is a must every trip to Maui! Great location and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Only disappointment was the TINY glass of wine in the giant glass for l poo tske on money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentMauiloversDined on 9/28/2014Been coming here for 7 years,and I can honestly say this is one of the most consistently good places to eat.The food and service and location can not be bettered for the price and better than some more expensive restaurants I have eaten atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DinnerNotafoodieDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a fabulous view of the ocean and close by islands. The fish was to die for and the dessert was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimo's is PrimoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We ate at Kimo's to celebrate our 36th anniversary, and enjoyed it very much. While we very rarely would spend this much for dinner, we're glad we had this opportunity. We were seated promptly, and had a great view overlooking the ocean with the island of Molokai in the distance. The food was excellent. We both had fresh fish...my wife had Opah (moonfish) stuffed with lobster, and I had the parmesan crusted Ono (Wahoo)...both delicious. We finished it off with the famous Hula Pie...awesome! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kimo's. Next time we in Maui we'll definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regular visitrlernVIPDined on 9/22/2014This place usually doesn't disappoint. The ambiance and food are always good but our waiter had no personality and belonged behind a desk not dealing with the public.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Kimo's was amazing and would recommend to everyone! Jenna, our server was wonderful, very attentive and helpful with menu items. The food was just spectacular from the carrot muffins, to main course to the carmel hula pie! And the sunset view was perfect for our special evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Our waiter, Will, was one of the best we've ever had. Was very friendly, not assertive, but honest and helpful as we really enjoyed our selections. He was super busy and stopped to have short conversations about food, recommendations and sports, but did not delay any food being brought out. He was attentive and very helpful to other tables he was attending to, even to a table with a very intoxicated woman who I though was going to be a disaster to him, but he handled it well. I had the chicken instead of ribs based on his recommendation and loved it. He surprised my wife and I with their famous Hula Pie, which even if you are too full, you will miraculously make room for. One of the best things ever to exist. It is a must try.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunset!CschulerDined on 9/16/2014We have dined here twice before so knew what to expect. Great food, beautiful setting and great service.Special Features:
- AmazingTravelingcoupleDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I loved what we both had for dinner and you couldn't have picked a better view of the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent always a favorite in townLAdinerDined on 9/14/2014Did not dissapoint. We always make time to visit Kimos when on Maui. One of the best sunset views while having dinner. The bread , food and drinks were simply marvolous. Highly recommend it for the dining experience with someone special. The seafood is fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our group had a top notch experience at Kimo's. The highlight was our server Jim. This was THE best service I can ever remember from any restaurant. He was friendly but not in an artificial way. When he brought food out for other tables he'd show it to us to give us an idea of what we might order. Our wine and water glasses were always full. He showed us a neat cork trick, among other fun things he did to make our time truly memorable. Food was great as well. I had the marlin with the Thai sauce and it was perfect. Blue cheese wedge also excellent. One guest had the prime rib. Done just like he wanted, but too much meat (14oz is enough). Nice music playing in the background and view of sunset always a treat.Special Features:
- Dinner on Sept 13, 2014CrusaderDined on 9/13/2014I was very disappointed with our last visit to Kimo's on Maui. I had put in a reservation 5 weeks in advance of our arrival to ask for a table by the rail (or close) and even called to verify the time. When we got there, they told us there would be a short wait. After 20 minutes and seeing several people be seated who came in after us, I went up and asked. It turned out they had written the wrong "code" down so our marker did not "flash". They immediately said they had a table and then stuck us at a large table in the back of the restaurant with no view. It got worse as the waiter kept forgetting about us and we to keep asking for water or whatever we needed. It was a disaster for our last nite on Maui. Duke's is 10x better!
- Great menu & a killer viewCaliFoodGirlDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. The sunset view was priceless. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had the prime rib an dopa, they were both succulent. The prime rib was like velvet. The fish was flavored superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Been going to Kimo's for 30 years, and plan to make it the next 30. Great fresh fish, prepared by gourmet chefs, and served by skillful servers. Can hardly wait for the next visit, right in the heart of Lahaina town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottScottDined on 9/11/2014Had perfect dinner, seats, view, weathers, server, and amazing desserts. Fish dishes are special and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewalkoiv24VIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here for lunch and dinner on our trip and the food was very good both times. They also made a very tasty lava flow!Special Features:
- When Can I Go Back?DeliciousDined on 9/4/2014This place was pretty amazing. I ordered the ribs, which was pretty awesome-just had a little bit too much sauce on it. The Strawberry Virgin Pina Colada is SPECTACULAR! A must try. I almost finished it in one gulp. It caught my taste buds off guard The waitress was so kind. This place is out of this world: my group and I arrived, ordered, ate, paid, and tipped within 30 minutes. Crazy, right? Well, we were pretty hungry... For a late night dinner, this place hit the spot, beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodCostaDined on 9/2/2014Nice spot. Good view of the water and close to nearby shops and bars. Seafood and dessert was very good, but the service was amazing. Server went through all details of the menu and gave good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimosvetKimosvetDined on 9/2/2014My wife and i have been to Kimos many times. We love the ocean views. This years visit didnt disappoint. Food was great. If you like prime rib get the Kimos cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRIME RIB!lovesushiVIPDined on 8/30/2014The best prime rib I ever had! I will never eat prime rib anywhere else.Special Features:
- Lahaina ClassicMVHuskyDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I make plans to have dinner here every time we get to Maui. Again, the food was great. Blue cheese salad had great zest. My prime rib was a perfect medium rare. The Molikini cut was plenty big. My wife enjoyed her steak. And the location and staff can't be beat. Now my kids love coming here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimos is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Can't say I had a great dining experience as both of our dishes were overcooked. Nothing worse than dry opah and swordfish. The sauces made up a for some of the dryness. The dessert was good making up a little for the main course. The service was good. Since we came in at night it was pitch black looking out.Special Features:
- rakgkDined on 8/23/2014food was delicious. we were seated promptly at our reservation time. the serving sizes were perfectSpecial Features:
- vacation paradisebirdfoodDined on 8/22/2014Kimo's is a great place to enjoy a Maui sunset. The service staff are all friendly and incredibly attentive. The fresh Hawaiian fish selections are wonderfully prepared. Try the Ahi tuna. It is spicy hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & FoodJennyleilaniDined on 8/22/2014Took my mom here for her 60th birthday. She is not much of a foodie person and she is very simple so this type if thing makes her uncomfortable. She totally enjoyed herself and the food. The service was extremely excellent as it seems everytime I drank my water it was refilled. Very attentive staff. The food was very presentable and delicious. At the end of the meal they surprised us by singing Happy Birthday to my mom. They also were good to catering to our 7 & 2 1/2 year old. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience ay KimosSouthBayGirlLovesToDineDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed the overal experience. Serive was great. Our food server took time to explain well all of the dishes and fish. He was funny and interacted with my 8 year old niece. The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my best friend went to Kimos for what we thought was a nice evening out. The food was great and the view was fantastic. Our server ruined our while night with zero personality and couldn't care less about the table.Special Features:
- Not as great as hopedFuninthesunDined on 8/15/2014Almost too hot to sit at the Oceanside a few hours before sunset. Service was good. Food was what was expected. Restaurant needs updating. Hard to find parking.Special Features:
- Always great dining by the Ocean1RayDined on 8/14/2014Great food and great service with a gourgoes ocean view.Special Features: