2105 Kimberton Rd.
Kimberton, PA 19442Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kimbertoninn.com/
- Phone: (610) 933-8148
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Trainer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Effgen 6109338148
- Entertainment: We have live jazz in our bar every Friday and Saturday plus most Thursdays and Sunday Nights. Regular performers include Brian Gibson and Jeff Singleton on Piano and Bass, Mike Norris and Dennis Szabo on Piano and Bass, and A Trio Including Larry McKenna and Kevin McConnell on Sax and Bass.
A word from Kimberton Inn
Kimberton Inn is an owner operated restaurant in a beautiful 200+ year old building. We strive to provide excellent food with influences for all over the world. We have cozy bar with live jazz on Fridays and Saturdays, an excellent wine list and interesting unique cocktail and beer list. The building has 5 wood burning fireplaces operating all winter long. We also have private spaces for parties for 10-130 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Kimberton Inn - Best Restaurants in Phoenixville ›
Kimberton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (85)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (36)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Brunch is excellentKenLauVIPDined on 11/16/2014We've had lots of dinners at Kimberton over the years -- all of them outstanding --- but this was our first visit for a Sunday brunch. The appetizer (Ruby Red grapefruit brulee) was awesome, and the entrée (2 eggs over easy, wheat toast, bacon) was straightforward, and the bacon was done to perfection. Just what I've come to expect from the best local restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualLarryVIPDined on 11/14/2014We ate here from time to time. Two of the four entrees were not very good - pasta dish and chicken wit mushrooms.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimberton Inn - Good Food & PriceyjackieluvstoeatDined on 11/9/2014Great ambiance; quiet setting; attentive service; well-maintained restaturant. Filet and seafood dishes very tasty. Nice wine list. Certainly no one will leave there feeling stuffed. Portions are beyond meager.Special Features:
- A true GemMealTicketVIPDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful ambiance, in late fall and winter there are lovely fires going in its multiple fireplaces. This has been our special occasion restaurant for years. It has never failed to impress. Service is attentive but not pushy, we have never felt rushed. The food straight forward, not fancy but always superb . Overall it is sophisticated but not fussy. A very comfortable place to spend an evening dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimberton.... our favorite!CountryGourmandDined on 11/4/2014Kimberton Inn never ceases to please whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a big group gathering. The staff and owner/operator go to all extremes to make your dining experience great. The food is imaginative, delicious and nicely presented. I use Kimberton Inn as my "go to" restaurant for business dinners, out of town guests or family gatherings. Love it!Special Features:
- GT1956Dined on 11/4/2014For our 36th wedding anniversary I treated my wife to a romantic dinner at the Kimberton Inn. The meal more than lived up to our expectations. The menu, wine list and service were all excellent and good value for money. I will go again even if we do not have a special occasion :) GlennSpecial Features:
- Sunday brunchgourmetjanDined on 11/2/2014On a cold, windy Sunday, the fireplace was very welcome. I love the "menu" brunch instead of a buffet brunch. I am so glad that you offer it. It's hard to find in this area. Service and food were excellent. We were not rushed at all and we really appreciated that. Fellow diner who is a former restaurant owner said it was the best crabcake he's ever had. They plan to be "regulars".Special Features:
- Perfect 1st anniversary dinnerMyziggy18Dined on 11/1/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating out 1st anniversary dinner here. We had amazing food with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Myself and the other 3 members of the party were very pleased with the taste of the food, the ambiance and the special attention given by our waitress and the other assistants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We have dined at the Kimberton Inn several times, and have always been impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, the romantic atmosphere, and the quality of the food. We will be coming back, and we will be recommending the Inn to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePhillyMovieGoerDined on 10/18/2014First time at the Kimberton Inn. Seated at a table near the entrance as opposed to the main dining room area which was fine but would have been nicer in the dining room - likely a function of out reservation time. Pork chop, lamp chops, deserts - all fantastic - really an exceptional food and service experience. Will be going back.
- Best in Chester CountybudgetwinoDined on 10/17/2014Tremendous dining experience. An historic setting that gets it right. The service is impeccable, but not over bearing. Likewise with the wine list; plenty of choices but not ten pages long. The grilled pork loin and the grilled lamb chops were superb. The piano player is also a nice touch. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialFrequentVisitorDined on 10/17/2014We go to the Kimberton Inn frequently. Conveniently located to our home, the food and drink are fantastic. Always great specials every evening in addition to the regular menu which is also great. Out most recent visit was to celebrate my wife's birthday and anniversary - the staff took extra care to ensure a wonderful evening. We have been fortunate to have Tara tending our table for the last several visits. Her level of high quality service and knowledge of the wine list makes the evening even more special. Highly recommend Kimberton Inn for any dining occasionSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014I was so excited to try Kimberton Inn based on the reviews. "The best salad..." was very good, although clearly pre-fab, as it came out about a minute after I ordered it. When our entrees came out, I almost laughed at my wife's tenderloin. This was no better than Iron Hill food, just disguised in a fancy ambiance.Special Features:
- MichaelVIPDined on 10/11/2014As the season changes and a cold breeze fills the air, this Inn is not to be missed. The smell of wood fires ablaze in five working fireplaces, adds to the already stellar experience.Special Features:
- Charming location and delicious fooOwlSaverDined on 10/10/2014We have eaten at the Kimberon Inn several times. It is always good and the setting cannot be beat. I love it in the winter when all the fires are going. Funny how the title limit left me with foo instead of food. Oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gemthreshershark1Dined on 10/9/2014My wife and I go to the Kimberton Inn ever year since we had our wedding reception there. Each time we go, year after year, the service and food are always top quality. The menu is not as extensive as larger restaurants, but the Chef has perfected what is on the menu. You will not be disappointed with any item on the menu, it is all delicious and attention is given to the presentation of the food on the plate. This last time, I had the Australian Lamb Chops and my wife had the Salmon Fillet. Both were excellent, which wasn't surprising as again, everything we've had there in the past was absolutely excellent. The service staff are all professional, warm, happy, knowledgeable, and ensure you will enjoy you time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JordannotPretentiousDined on 10/5/2014We have been here twice and loved it both times. The first time was during a snow storm, so the restaurant was nearly empty. There were a few louder groups during our more recent visit, but in general, the ambiance was still very nice.Special Features:
- Always a delight!ATLtransplantDined on 9/30/2014The service is exceptional...not in your face but subtle, vigilant, and responsive. Ambience is perfect and the noise level is quiet. Food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Uneven19490localVIPDined on 9/30/2014Presentation of the food was awful for such an elegant, pricey place. Food was good, but there were no vegetables. Two pieces of potato sliced lengthwise on the crabcake platter. Chester County is known for their farms. Green beans are in season. Maybe they could have put a few on the plate. Service was beyond slow. Waitress asked us if we wanted to order additional drinks, AFTER we got our food. By the time we got the wine list, our meal was half over. We kept hinting that it was our friend's birthday and nothing was said until we were about to leave. When I made the reservation, they specifically asked me if it were a special occasion.Special Features:
- Don't get a glass of wineGoodvaluemanDined on 9/27/2014This use to be a go to place for us since it was romantic, good food and a good value. Not so much anymore. Food was still good but portions went down and prices went up. My wife fit a glass of Chardonnay and she received about 1/5 of a glass for $9.50. I would have been embarrassed to serve that. When she did not want another glass our server changed her attitude and the service went down hill from there. Save you money. Go somewhere else!
- Amazing Dinner!FirstTimerDined on 9/21/2014We have been at the Kimberton Inn several times for brunch and my wife had been wanting to try it for dinner. When her birthday arrived this was her place of choice. We had lived in CT. for 10 some years and upon moving to the outskirts of Phila, we've found it difficult finding a restaurant worth anything outside Phila. The Kimberton is most likely going to be our new special restaurant. Form the appetizers to the deserts, the food was fantastic. Without a doubt the best meal I've had outside the city in 4 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchvinogal48Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary with a brunch and chose the Inn. It was our first visit and we were very impressed, with all aspects but the service was truly outstanding! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- skyeDined on 9/12/2014we have never been disappointed in the food or the service, or the ambiance of the Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Nothing really to complain about here. The food was delicious, service was kind, and the building is a gem (if you like historical architecture). My only complaint I believe is the coconut shrimp appetizer comes with only 2 shrimp. I felt this was an odd amount. 3 shrimp or 2 larger count size would seem adequate even if the price would have to be raised, but they were still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, relaxed atmosphereMoeatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our meal was spot on and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeDined on 8/31/2014This was an excellent dining experience. Food and service were outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd experience not as good as 1stDJFROMPHILLYDined on 8/30/2014This was my second time eating here. My first experience was very good. As before the service was good, no problems. Our issue was the food. Everything was very bland. In our prior experience they had some type of seasoned bread, very tasty. This time they had flavorless rolls. I had the lobster bisque soup, I had to put some salt in it to try to rescue it. Didn't work. There was one tiny piece of lobster (the size of two kernels of corn). I had a salad called "the best salad you will ever have" Filet Mignon and seared lobster tail. Everything was tasteless. I don't understand. Not trying to kill the restaurant, maybe it was just an off night. I could have paid 1/3 the price and had a much better meal from a steakhouse.
- Always OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We are frequent visitors to the Kimberton Inn, as it is a few miles from our home. Our most recent visit confirmed why we go there and why we would drive an hour to dine there. Great food, outstanding service and friendly staff.Special Features:
- BrunchmmriccoDined on 8/29/2014Me and my wife went here for the brunch, it was delicious,they give you sticky buns that are homemade.The whole meal was so good. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, they do a good job. I would recommend going. It was worth the money for what they give you.Special Features:
- Special wine dinnerMonduckDined on 8/27/2014The monthly special 5 course wine dinner was well planned with great variety and perfect pairings using local seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- AWEsome Brunch!KimbertonInnBrunch2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great Service by the Staff!!!! kudos to all! Food was very delicious:-) Desserts were to die for!Special Features:
- kpconcannDined on 8/23/2014We had a nice evening dinner with our sons future inlaws who came in from Chicago. They all enjoyed the fine dining wine and piano muscic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We've never been disappointed at Kimberton Inn. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special SpotJoanienbDined on 8/21/2014We have been dining at Kimberton Inn for more than 30 years and it continues to be one of our favorites. We are never disappointed with the quality of the food or the attention to detail that the owners and staff deliver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnickersDined on 8/17/2014Very close quarters , very loud and difficult to hear each other talk. Waiters lean over Right in your face to get your plates way spce is so tight. Food was only so so. 2 of us had eggs Benedict dishes and both did not feel well after. Rest of food was just ok. On the plus side it is cute and quaint to look at and the staff are very nice and friendly.
- KarenDined on 8/16/2014It was a little bit loud. We were seated just outside the bar and they had live music.Special Features:
- KimbinnDined on 8/15/2014We made out reservation through open table but when we arrived; the restaurant had no record of the reservAtion. The restaurant was fairly booked but did accommodate us and we were sat in minutes. The good was amazing and the jazz in the bar area was a nice touch as well! We enjoyed ourselves!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Chester CountymmazzieDined on 8/12/2014The Kimberton Inn is by far the best restaurant in Chester County. I've never had a bad meal and I've eaten here at least 50 times over the past 20 years. The service is superb. Tara does a great job behind the bar and Jeff and Jason run a great establishment.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and Food!!!MarshmallowDined on 8/12/2014The Kimberton Inn is a beautiful historic Inn. Great place to celebrate a special occasion or just a nice intimate dinner. Beautifully presented food (which is also delicious!) and great service. Their brunch is also fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.