2105 Kimberton Rd.
Kimberton, PA 19442Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kimbertoninn.com/
- Phone: 6109338148
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Trainer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Effgen 6109338148
- Entertainment: We have live jazz in our bar every Friday and Saturday plus most Thursdays and Sunday Nights. Regular performers include Brian Gibson and Jeff Singleton on Piano and Bass, Mike Norris and Dennis Szabo on Piano and Bass, and A Trio Including Larry McKenna and Kevin McConnell on Sax and Bass.
A word from Kimberton Inn
Kimberton Inn is an owner operated restaurant in a beautiful 200+ year old building. We strive to provide excellent food with influences for all over the world. We have cozy bar with live jazz on Fridays and Saturdays, an excellent wine list and interesting unique cocktail and beer list. The building has 5 wood burning fireplaces operating all winter long. We also have private spaces for parties for 10-130 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kimberton Inn - Best Restaurants in Phoenixville ›
Kimberton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (107)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (51)great for brunch (50)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (23)scenic view (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Special wine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014The monthly special 5 course wine dinner was well planned with great variety and perfect pairings using local seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- AWEsome Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Great Service by the Staff!!!! kudos to all! Food was very delicious:-) Desserts were to die for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a nice evening dinner with our sons future inlaws who came in from Chicago. They all enjoyed the fine dining wine and piano muscic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We've never been disappointed at Kimberton Inn. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special SpotJoanienbDined on 8/21/2014We have been dining at Kimberton Inn for more than 30 years and it continues to be one of our favorites. We are never disappointed with the quality of the food or the attention to detail that the owners and staff deliver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnickersDined on 8/17/2014Very close quarters , very loud and difficult to hear each other talk. Waiters lean over Right in your face to get your plates way spce is so tight. Food was only so so. 2 of us had eggs Benedict dishes and both did not feel well after. Rest of food was just ok. On the plus side it is cute and quaint to look at and the staff are very nice and friendly.
- KarenDined on 8/16/2014It was a little bit loud. We were seated just outside the bar and they had live music.Special Features:
- KimbinnDined on 8/15/2014We made out reservation through open table but when we arrived; the restaurant had no record of the reservAtion. The restaurant was fairly booked but did accommodate us and we were sat in minutes. The good was amazing and the jazz in the bar area was a nice touch as well! We enjoyed ourselves!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Chester CountymmazzieDined on 8/12/2014The Kimberton Inn is by far the best restaurant in Chester County. I've never had a bad meal and I've eaten here at least 50 times over the past 20 years. The service is superb. Tara does a great job behind the bar and Jeff and Jason run a great establishment.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and Food!!!MarshmallowDined on 8/12/2014The Kimberton Inn is a beautiful historic Inn. Great place to celebrate a special occasion or just a nice intimate dinner. Beautifully presented food (which is also delicious!) and great service. Their brunch is also fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining experienceCampittsDined on 8/10/2014We always treat out-of-town guests to dinner at Kimberton Inn - it never fails to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AmbienceCareBDined on 8/10/2014The food is great, the service wonderful,...but the AMBIANCE is STELLAR. Each room has a fireplace and cozy little nooks. Love this restaurant. For any occasion.Special Features:
- tfortwotfortwoDined on 8/9/2014always our go to place for special occasions. Old favorites as well as new items on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed OpportunityDaveDined on 8/9/2014We had not been here for some time. We will not let that happen again. We will put on our Favorite Resuarant List. Ambience,service, and food outstanding!Special Features:
- KIMBERTON INN REVIEWFRANKDined on 8/7/2014FIRST HAD DINNER THERE IN 1969 WHEN SERVING IN THE MILITARY. WE HAVE NOT BEEN THERE FOR MANY YEARS BUT FOUND THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE GREAT. IT WAS A NOSTALGIC TRIP BACK FOR MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY AND IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. THE FOOD AND ENVIRONMENT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food in a beautiful settingMoeatsVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have lived close to this place for fifteen years but never made it there...now we know what we've been missing. Excellent food, well priced, beautiful setting and great service. Wonderful night. Will be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I have been going to this restaurant for more than 10 years and have to admit it may be one of the most consistent restaurants I have ever frequented and that's what keeps me coming back. The inn is very romantic especially in the winter months when the fireplaces are lit and it's still nice to see real candles on the tables when I bring my wife here to enjoy a rather quiet, and leisurely dinner - George and Lisa Hines.Special Features:
- Amazing after all these years!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014I use to work in Kimberton many, many years ago. I would eat at The Kimberton Inn all the time, we would go for lunch and work dinners. Now my husband and I get there a couple of times a year. Every time we say, "we should eat here more often" Excellent!Special Features:
- Not the normLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten here numerous times, but this time it was not up to the usual standard I expect from the Kimberton Inn. My dinner was great (lobster), but my dining partner felt his was just "ok" and not worthy of the price. They seemed to be understaffed and though they were doing their best, we felt rushed. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident, because this is really a go-to place for our special occasions, and for a nice, quiet dinner out. We will definitely be going back again soon in the hope that they are back to their normally outstanding selves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch!Dinnerfor2Dined on 7/27/2014Went on a Sunday evening and enjoyed a wonderful dinner! Atmosphere was quiet and comfortable yet we still felt "special". The wait staff were very attentive. WE had the crab cake and the pork chop - both were delicious. Went home very satisfied and will be back!Special Features:
- nanceVIPDined on 7/27/2014Kimberton Inns Sunday brunch is fabulous! Food is excellent and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Always goodFoodeeSDined on 7/26/2014I have been eating at Kimberton since I was a child. My parents loved the restaurant. It still has the old school charm. The food is always very good, especially things with mushrooms. The sauces are wonderful. I love the old farmhouse atmosphere and the waitstaff is always attentive. I took my mother, who is 90 years old, and she was very happy with our choice of restaurant. The only negative thing was that they tried to seat us at a table next to the bar. It was quite loud and it would have been hard to hear our conversation. We immediately asked to be seated elsewhere because of the noise and were taken to one of the interior rooms, which was lovely. No problem with changing tables. As always, we had a great dinner and a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, if a bit datedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Service was very competent, friendly. Ambience? Depends on what you like. This is an old place, the space composed of smaller rooms (vs one huge arena), with traditional furniture, old art work on the walls. Noise level was perfect for intimate conversation. Food is very well prepared. Only disappointment was the menu: the items are, for the most part, old familiar classics. (Shrimp cocktail, lobster bisque w sherry, Caesar salad, tenderloin w béarnaise, crab cake w remoulade, etc.). Not much new or innovative, no unusual combinations or flavors, just high quality traditional favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely InnmaganetVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had a lovely evening, good food and wine - even the kids thought it was great. thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country CharmginiDined on 7/20/2014The Kimberton Inn was the perfect venue for celebrating our daughter's graduation from college. She choose an intimate brunch over a large party. The Kimberton Inn did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Flawless ServiceMichaelVIPDined on 7/18/2014I always say, go there in the winter to experience a real "Country Inn" in Chester County, with its five fireplaces ablaze. Fact is, it's great any time of year.Special Features:
- perfectLIndaKayDined on 7/13/2014Could not have been a better brunch experience. Wait staff was attentive but not overbearing or intrusive.Special Features:
- Well prepared food ,great serviceTakemeoutDined on 7/13/2014Quality food prepared expertly. Service is impeccable. Love dining in the bar area for a treat without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Always FANTASTICNomNomDined on 7/13/2014I have been here on multiple occasions, brunch, date night, birthdays, you name it. You cannot go wrong. The food is always delicious and cooked perfectly. The staff is amazing, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and service.SherriCDined on 7/12/2014This was my second time dining here and my second time getting a fabulous meal and excellent service. This was also my second time being seated in the "hallway" area where it was high traffic. For one and a half hours people were constantly walking back-and-forth going to the bathroom, going to the exit. It was a bit too disconcerting considering we were trying to have a romantic evening. In the future I will be sure to request a table in a more private area of the restaurant. Also, be prepared to pay top dollar for your drinks if you are waiting at the bar. We had two drinks each and the total was $50. Yes they were top shelf however if we had known they were $12 a piece we might have only had one each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealFoodieFrannieDined on 7/12/2014Took my husband to dinner. Had never been to Kimberton Inn before. Was very impressed. Decor may be a little dated but the atmospher, food and service was impecable. Great dining for a special occassion. Didn't have the opportunity to grab a drink at the bar but the bar looked like it would be fun.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant DiningOuttodineDined on 7/11/2014Since we had been away from the area for 12 years, we looked forward to dining at the Kimberton Inn upon our return to PA. We found the service to be very attentive and the food was very well prepared and delicious. Our table was nice despite being in the hallway, since it was somewhat private being set back in an alcove like area. Had it not been set back it would have been very disappointing to be in the hallway area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We sat down before 2 other couples and ordered and we were last to be served our dinners. Way too long to wait 45min for dinner to come out. But the food was excellent. It made up for the wait.Special Features:
- BritVIPDined on 7/11/2014TRADITIONAL MENU, COSTLY. THE MENU HASNT CHANED IN 35 YRS.
- One pleased; one disappointedfoodie1VIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband loved his calves liver entree; I was disappointed that my favorite entree-the scallops-was not available. I chose the crab cake which was huge and full of crab but it did not have much flavor. Although we had made our reservation several weeks ahead, we were seated at a table adjacent to the kitchen door, a service hutch area and the stairway. Staff was racing by every 2 minutes. The dining room is romantic; however, our table was not.Special Features:
- Great Nighthorne1Dined on 7/11/2014Enjoyable evening and great food. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blitzenDined on 7/8/2014We have dined at Kimberton Inn many times and always enjoy the setting and food. I recommend it for couples and small groups especially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but a Goodie!VmomDined on 7/8/2014The four of us had dinner to celebrate a birthday and as usual, The Kimberton Inn did not disappoint. The food was delicious, although the portions are on the smaller side. The service is top notch and very professional. On a side note, there was a storm during dinner that knocked out the power and the staff handled it very calmly and professionally. You almost didn't know there was a storm and that it was meant to be a quiet, candlelit dinner. Bravo!Special Features:
- Good Food but Slow to Arrive18yrannivDined on 7/6/2014The food was very.good, especially the filet, but there was a lot of time between our appetizer course and entree course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectatularTempletonDined on 7/5/2014The food, service and ambience was awesome. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.