857 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyckilo.com/
- Phone: 2127078770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from kilo
Wine bar in the heart of Hell's Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
kilo reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (25)romantic (14)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Place Continues to DeliverMonaBVIPDined on 9/6/2014I continue to eat and drink at Kilo because the food has been consistently very good. They do change their menu frequently, but keep the standard favorites: the meatballs, the iron cast kale, the goat cheese crostini. They added pork belly tacos and I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!Special Features:
- Quality declines as prices risePhilGDined on 8/30/2014This was probably the fourth or fifth time we've eaten at Kilo -- we've gone here before the theater, which is every few months for us -- and it seemed the various dishes lacked the taste punch I recall from previous visits. At the same time, the prices seem to have gone up a dollar or two per dish. Mushroom tacos were very good, as were the patatas bravas (I ate too many). But, the salmon tartare was merely good (lacking that punch I mentioned earlier), while the grilled shrimp dish was poor, featuring a size of shrimp that would qualify for "micro," if there was such a designation. The fifth dish we had was forgettable, and I forgot was it was. We might or might not return.
- Great Find!BeansVIPDined on 8/7/2014We went there for a pre theatre nosh and were very pleasantly surprised! LJ the wine connoisseur introduced us to 2 wonderful wines based on the wines we like to drink and he did not disappoint! Every thing he brought out to us from the kitchen was outstanding, all on his recommendation....he happened to over hear that it was my birthday and came out with a fabulous blueberry pannacotta (spelling?) with a candle on it! That was so sweet! Great experience and will def be back!Special Features:
- Great place great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Small but great and the food it is d something unbelivableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy but surprisingWellfedVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's kind of a tiny little place, and the tables are tiny too (so careful how much you order). Interesting wine list... but we thoroughly enjoyed our selection. The waitress let us try 2 bottles we were considering so we can better pick the one we liked, which was really nice. Her overall attitude was a little blah though. The food definitely made it worth it. We had such interesting combinations of flavors, and would definitely come back and try it again.
- Continues to Amaze MeMonaBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Love this place -- have been multiple times since May; food is great; wine list above average; and very nice staff!Special Features:
- Excellent food at reasonable priceshchan46VIPDined on 7/23/2014Everything was great, the wine, the food.. My friend and I got the octopus, scallops, and pappas bravas. Pappas bravas weren't so great.. and some were a little bit undercooked. But the octopus and scallops were out of this world. Would definitely go back and bring friends (one at a time.. small place :))I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysAlexooliDined on 7/17/2014My fiancé and I love kilo. The atmosphere is refined for the Hell's Kitchen location and the service always phenomenal. Special thanks always to the sommelier who ensures that your wine is exactly what you're in the mood for, but also with push your boundaries and expectations. The food is great but portions have gotten smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for catching upc212Dined on 7/9/2014went here with one friend and shared a few plates and drank great wine. it's a great spot with a good vibe and perfect for catching up with a friend or two. woudn't recommend for a larger group though - the place is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for drinksMickeyDined on 7/9/2014Place had great wine. Good service. Food had small portions.Special Features:
- Look for it!AlysmomDined on 6/27/2014No sign outside. Recognized the bar through the window from pics online. Very small, but well worth it. Try the meatballs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PPS2101VIPDined on 6/22/2014Great place for drinks and a quick bite to eat, would highly recommend, superb service and very good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014great little wine bar, good to meet up with a girlfriend for a catch up. Food was v. goodSpecial Features:
- LOVE LJ and this PLACE!!MonaBVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great find in my neighborhood.. great tapas-style food especially the octopus, cast iron kale and mushroom tacos... great wine and an even greater bartendar. Forget all the negative reviews that may be on opentable .. this place is DIVINE.Special Features:
- Good food and excellent wineMADNYDined on 6/3/2014Very pleasant atmosphere, small plates were delicious and dry easy to share, wine list was varied and interesting yet not expensive. I would recommend but not for a party larger than six.Special Features:
- Great tapasScottDined on 5/23/2014Great shareable food. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Very cozy unless you get a standalone table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the kilo reviews archive.
- lvsmallrestaurantsDined on 5/14/2014Great small restaurant, excellent Tapas and wine selection...excellent service..Special Features:
- Great for first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Amazing small and cozy place for a first date. Great food and amazing wines. Some more vegetarian options would be good, but they had enough for me to make a meal.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014This was a great find. A great place to catch up with friends over great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaDined on 5/10/2014Servings were alittle too small.no ice with water. Just enough for a small bite but not really for a big dinner. More like to have a glass of wine and a small plateSpecial Features:
- MixedHellsKitchenVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food but service with an attitude and expensive wines.
- great little spottaraDined on 5/10/2014Tiny little place... A great place to catch up with friends. Food was wonderful, all just a little unusual. Great wine list, multiple excellent choices available by the glass. Very relaxed atmosphere, servers were attentive without rushing you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!!WestCoastFoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2014Was visiting NY, and looking for a fun environment with good food. Kilo was both. Tapas style, each and every dish was delicious. I'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Atmosphere, Killer Food!SlappybDined on 5/3/2014Vey cool, super laid-back, divey vibe here (in the best possible way). The food was amazing. Dishes that stood out: beet salad (the miso aioli was amazing!), goat cheese crostini (I'm totally making these at home), and quinoa (ditto on making this at home). It was just my wife and I and we split probably five dishes and a bottle of wine and it was one of our favorite dinners in recent memory. BTW, be sure to make a reservation - this place gets filled up quick!Special Features:
- Great food & wineSazonovDined on 5/1/2014LJ, Chad &Leah are great. They know their wines well. The food is great. Inventive and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant excellentcathDined on 4/29/2014Excellent tapas, service and reasonable prices- great for theater ( a liitle walk)Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood wine barMEPbostonVIPDined on 4/25/2014I've been to Kilo a half dozen times and always enjoy the food (small plates, interesting preparations), easygoing atmosphere, and service. Lots to like although the space is quite small so best for smaller and more intimate dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, strange placeTommyBoyDined on 4/23/2014This very small place only has a few strange items on their menu, and the servers wear clothes more casual than the diners. The laid back atmosphere is great for hipsters and foodies, but I wasn't enthused by paying high prices for nonchalant service.Special Features:
- Always great food and awesomeStephenVIPDined on 4/8/2014Always great food and awesome service! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service...DariaMVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was great, I ordered mushroom tacos and olives, which were very tasty. My friends were from Dubai and the waitress process the payment so she knew they are out of town. They left 10% tip, and she literally "attacked" them, suggesting that the "normal" tip is 18-20%. I am confident that this would not happen had they not been foreigners. She made me very uncomfortable for her. It is a pity because I liked the food and would def come back had this not happen.Special Features:
- Must doGod83VIPDined on 4/3/2014Kilo is a must do in the neighborhood. The limited menu and daily specials are prepared with a lot of attention to detail and fresh products! The quality is superb. Also the wine list and the advice from the waiter is top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and educated wineMargaritaDined on 4/3/2014The food was outstanding and the wines,at extremely reasonable prices, were superb. a new find for me, will go back often.Special Features:
- Amazing Tapas and WineamaegerberDined on 4/2/2014This place knocked my socks off. It's a small restaurant with small tables fit for more of an intimate gathering of 2-4 people. Our server really knew wine. I like sweet wines like Moscatos and some Rieslings, and our server had me try a pink bubbly Moscato that gave him a vision of "Victoria Secret models having a pillow fight." HE WAS RIGHT, it was the best wine I've ever had. My husband and I shared 3 small plates: Goat Cheese Crostini, Shrimp and Grits, and Octopus. We were blown away by all three. Flavorful, well-presented, and decently filling. It's a pricey place, but worth it in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!veggiegalDined on 3/31/2014A friend recommended this place to me. I was glad he did. Everything was wonderful. They were out of the wine I selected but after a couple of questions about what I like, our server brought out a lovely, delicious bottle. The food was amazing. I'm a vegetarian and it gets difficult finding places that have something other than a salad and roasted vegetables. I was very please with the variety and freshness of everything. It's a little place, so if you are going at peak times, make a reservation. Loved everything about this place.Special Features:
- lovely wine and small platesberniebDined on 3/15/2014Kilo is a teeny tiny restaurant with a lot of heart. The wine list is wonderful, the staff helpful but not pushy or in your face, and the food is great. Small plates with an earthy feel and some of which (the octopus and mushroom tacos especially) have a twist of surprise to them. The atmosphere is romantic with wooden tables, tiny flickering candles, and a sort of rustic/cool vibe. Brunch is also exquisite! Coffee made fresh by the cup for you, delicious and earthy plates, and a sunny sweet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice, not fantasticAngelfood1VIPDined on 3/15/2014Made reservations for brunch for no reason, since restaurant was deserted. Not sure why it was so empty as it was the Saturday before St. Patrick's day. Very small, with egg-only menu, odd. Service was fine & the eggs were good, sausage was delicious. Not sure if we would go back. Coffee, from blue bottle was good, but there was no milk & the cream was slightly curdled.Special Features:
- Unique GemPabloNYVIPDined on 3/11/2014If you want healthy, imaginative and invredibly delicious food, get here fast, but be ready to wait. While organic is a way of life, Kilo makes being healthy fun. The meatballs were exceptional, a special beet salad was tasty (although sparse) and the lamb special was one of the tastiest dishes ever enjoyed. LJ provided pehomenal service, answering every question, and was genuinely excited that we loved our meal. He was accomodating about wines and made the evening that much better. Go. Now. Enjoy. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/20/2014The food was fabulous and the place was eclectic. Loved it.Special Features:
- Awesome Date RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Took my gf here for dinner, such an amazing, warm, cozy nice restaurant. Very friendly staff & knowledgeable about wines. The prefect date spot, make reservations as it's on the small side.Special Features:
- Good things come in small packagesEat4PleasureDined on 2/8/2014Low key, which leads to a comfortable, relaxing experience. The small plates are oh so tasty. Be sure to have a cuppa joe. My dining partner was thrilled with it's heavenly aroma and it was the best coffee I had all day (and I'd had a few!). Our server was attentive without being invasive and although we were next to the full bar we could still hear each other .Special Features: