857 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyckilo.com/
- Phone: (212) 707-8770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from kilo
Wine bar in the heart of Hell's Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
kilo reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (29)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Always greatSazonovDined on 11/21/2014The food, service and wine are always terrific. A real find. Tucked away but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Nice local wine bar. We go there regularly and the food / service is consistently good. 2 (or 3 smaller) plates per person should make for a filling dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant surprise...robareVIPDined on 11/14/2014We relied on other reviews before deciding on Kilo. It's a tiny restaurant with small tables, very nice ambiance and excellent tapas style food choices. We chose 6 different dishes and doubled up on the tacos, so we ordered a total of 7 dishes for four people. It turned out to be the right amount of food for us. We were very pleased with all of our dish choices. We also ordered wine by the glass. Whites & reds. Great selection. We definitely plan to return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lquinDined on 11/11/2014Everything was great--the quality of the food was good--but I do think that the serving sizes were a bit small for the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great healthy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014Excellent selection of high quality healthy food. Very small location--no ice! Overall a great place.
- Googled rests in Hells Kitchen-DisappointedDined on 10/28/2014Excellent! Only surprise was that there were no California/ West Coast wines and limited food list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kilo is great neighborhood NY placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/25/2014To me kilo represents exactly what NY is all about -a small, neighborhood place somewhat loud, innovative and amazing food and exceptional wine. I've never had a bad meal here and the service staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice little spot.jparteachDined on 10/18/2014Kilo is an intimate spot of 9th Avenue. We had a really nice time there. The service was outstanding, very helpful and very friendly. The selection of wines is extensive. The small plate selection was a bit limiting but we had some really nice dishes. You must try the melted brie with pistachios and maple syrup. Excellent!Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014A great tiny gem with some of the best food I have had in Nyc. I must go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty tapas in a romantic settingJenniferVIPDined on 10/2/2014It's a pretty intimate setting so for people who don't mind small places, the ambience is fantastic. The service was great although the server gave me the impression that he was very busy. His recommendations for tapas were SPOT ON, though. The brie in particular was just perfect!Special Features:
- Yum!EhEmChelDined on 9/22/2014Interesting wines of any variety chosen every Monday, delicious tapas, great musicSpecial Features:
- OverpricedBaklawaDined on 9/17/2014I took my cousin here for his birthday and we were really underwhelmed. The food was good and the decor nice but it was nothing really special. I thought the food was incrediblely overpriced, even for midtown! For four tapas and a bottle of sparking water we spent $75 before tip! I definitely will not be back.
- Decent date spotnickvDined on 9/12/2014Wanted to try this spot for a while, server seemed to want us out quickly even though we ordered a bottle plus dinner. Food was decent to try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place Continues to DeliverMonaBVIPDined on 9/6/2014I continue to eat and drink at Kilo because the food has been consistently very good. They do change their menu frequently, but keep the standard favorites: the meatballs, the iron cast kale, the goat cheese crostini. They added pork belly tacos and I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!Special Features:
- Quality declines as prices risePhilGDined on 8/30/2014This was probably the fourth or fifth time we've eaten at Kilo -- we've gone here before the theater, which is every few months for us -- and it seemed the various dishes lacked the taste punch I recall from previous visits. At the same time, the prices seem to have gone up a dollar or two per dish. Mushroom tacos were very good, as were the patatas bravas (I ate too many). But, the salmon tartare was merely good (lacking that punch I mentioned earlier), while the grilled shrimp dish was poor, featuring a size of shrimp that would qualify for "micro," if there was such a designation. The fifth dish we had was forgettable, and I forgot was it was. We might or might not return.
- Great Find!BeansVIPDined on 8/7/2014We went there for a pre theatre nosh and were very pleasantly surprised! LJ the wine connoisseur introduced us to 2 wonderful wines based on the wines we like to drink and he did not disappoint! Every thing he brought out to us from the kitchen was outstanding, all on his recommendation....he happened to over hear that it was my birthday and came out with a fabulous blueberry pannacotta (spelling?) with a candle on it! That was so sweet! Great experience and will def be back!Special Features:
- Great place great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Small but great and the food it is d something unbelivableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy but surprisingWellfedVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's kind of a tiny little place, and the tables are tiny too (so careful how much you order). Interesting wine list... but we thoroughly enjoyed our selection. The waitress let us try 2 bottles we were considering so we can better pick the one we liked, which was really nice. Her overall attitude was a little blah though. The food definitely made it worth it. We had such interesting combinations of flavors, and would definitely come back and try it again.
- Continues to Amaze MeMonaBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Love this place -- have been multiple times since May; food is great; wine list above average; and very nice staff!Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the kilo reviews archive.
- Excellent food at reasonable priceshchan46VIPDined on 7/23/2014Everything was great, the wine, the food.. My friend and I got the octopus, scallops, and pappas bravas. Pappas bravas weren't so great.. and some were a little bit undercooked. But the octopus and scallops were out of this world. Would definitely go back and bring friends (one at a time.. small place :))I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysAlexooliVIPDined on 7/17/2014My fiancé and I love kilo. The atmosphere is refined for the Hell's Kitchen location and the service always phenomenal. Special thanks always to the sommelier who ensures that your wine is exactly what you're in the mood for, but also with push your boundaries and expectations. The food is great but portions have gotten smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for catching upc212Dined on 7/9/2014went here with one friend and shared a few plates and drank great wine. it's a great spot with a good vibe and perfect for catching up with a friend or two. woudn't recommend for a larger group though - the place is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for drinksMickeyDined on 7/9/2014Place had great wine. Good service. Food had small portions.Special Features:
- Look for it!AlysmomDined on 6/27/2014No sign outside. Recognized the bar through the window from pics online. Very small, but well worth it. Try the meatballs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PPS2101VIPDined on 6/22/2014Great place for drinks and a quick bite to eat, would highly recommend, superb service and very good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014great little wine bar, good to meet up with a girlfriend for a catch up. Food was v. goodSpecial Features:
- LOVE LJ and this PLACE!!MonaBVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great find in my neighborhood.. great tapas-style food especially the octopus, cast iron kale and mushroom tacos... great wine and an even greater bartendar. Forget all the negative reviews that may be on opentable .. this place is DIVINE.Special Features:
- Good food and excellent wineMADNYDined on 6/3/2014Very pleasant atmosphere, small plates were delicious and dry easy to share, wine list was varied and interesting yet not expensive. I would recommend but not for a party larger than six.Special Features:
- Great tapasScottDined on 5/23/2014Great shareable food. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Very cozy unless you get a standalone table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lvsmallrestaurantsVIPDined on 5/14/2014Great small restaurant, excellent Tapas and wine selection...excellent service..Special Features:
- Great for first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Amazing small and cozy place for a first date. Great food and amazing wines. Some more vegetarian options would be good, but they had enough for me to make a meal.Special Features:
- Great find!julay2Dined on 5/12/2014This was a great find. A great place to catch up with friends over great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaDined on 5/10/2014Servings were alittle too small.no ice with water. Just enough for a small bite but not really for a big dinner. More like to have a glass of wine and a small plateSpecial Features:
- MixedHellsKitchenVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food but service with an attitude and expensive wines.
- great little spottaraDined on 5/10/2014Tiny little place... A great place to catch up with friends. Food was wonderful, all just a little unusual. Great wine list, multiple excellent choices available by the glass. Very relaxed atmosphere, servers were attentive without rushing you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!!WestCoastFoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2014Was visiting NY, and looking for a fun environment with good food. Kilo was both. Tapas style, each and every dish was delicious. I'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Atmosphere, Killer Food!SlappybDined on 5/3/2014Vey cool, super laid-back, divey vibe here (in the best possible way). The food was amazing. Dishes that stood out: beet salad (the miso aioli was amazing!), goat cheese crostini (I'm totally making these at home), and quinoa (ditto on making this at home). It was just my wife and I and we split probably five dishes and a bottle of wine and it was one of our favorite dinners in recent memory. BTW, be sure to make a reservation - this place gets filled up quick!Special Features:
- Great food & wineSazonovDined on 5/1/2014LJ, Chad &Leah are great. They know their wines well. The food is great. Inventive and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant excellentcathDined on 4/29/2014Excellent tapas, service and reasonable prices- great for theater ( a liitle walk)Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood wine barMEPbostonVIPDined on 4/25/2014I've been to Kilo a half dozen times and always enjoy the food (small plates, interesting preparations), easygoing atmosphere, and service. Lots to like although the space is quite small so best for smaller and more intimate dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.