Killer Shrimp - Santa Barbara
416 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Killer Shrimp - Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.killershrimp.com/
- Phone: 8052849262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lorenzo Roman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Saturday Night!
A word from Killer Shrimp - Santa Barbara
Killer Shrimp is an upscale / casual seafood restaurant known in Southern California for over 25 years serving our world famous "Killer Shrimp" dish. Our expanded menu includes fresh seafood selections, steaks, and amazing appetizers. Our bar features a beverage program that uses fresh squeezed juices and house made syrups to make some of the most delicious drinks in town as well as 20 beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Killer Shrimp - Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Glad to find a Killer ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great service, amazing shrimp. Because it's so good, I've never tried any other entrees. This is a friendly restaurant that can handle a business lunch as well as a fun night out with friends. Great bar and TVs for sports. A must-visit for anyone looking with food that is several levels above 'bar food'.Special Features:
- Not reasonably priced and flavoredSbnewcomerDined on 10/4/2014Spicy yet tasteless expensive shrimp food. Bread served was cold.
- AwesomeArlovskiVIPDined on 9/18/2014Its been a while... great food just as i remember...Special Features:
- Food was amazing, but...Tax03Dined on 8/31/2014I made a 6-person reservation that grew by the time we were seated. The waitress confirmed that we were fine to seat ten, but the manager (a man with salt and pepper hair) came over and informed us we needed to meet a "minimum" in other to order. He never specified what that minimum was, or why he thought we would not meet it. After assuring him we were all ordering dinner, we put in our drink orders (food orders were not taken for long after). There was no apology by the manager when our food took forever. He actually came up to the table and told us, "it's taking so long because you are a large party," with no apology. Our entrees were not brought out together. Half the restaurant was empty during this entire time. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Highly enjoyableCitynativeDined on 7/19/2014The food was good. The location was good. Really enjoyed the killer shrimp and breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ShrimpLoraquiltDined on 7/18/2014First time at Killer Shrimp and were greeted by a well informed, friendly staff of servers who helped to make for a delicious dining experience. There were two of us and we ordered three dishes. The calamari, which was crisp on the outside while the meat was tender,and not a bit greasy. Be warned, the habanero tartar sauce is very hot! The signature Killer Shrimp over angel hair pasta was spicy yet not too hot for comfort and the bread served to soak up the juices was just the right texture. Our third dish was the shrimp tacos and, again perfectly prepared and delicious, though not soaked in the Killer Shrimp marinade. We tried this restaurant because of a Groupon, but will be returning even at full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Killer Shrimp - Santa Barbara reviews archive.
- The Shrimp Were not KillerJohnDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I dined out front and had a great people watching spot on State Street which we really enjoyed. The killer clam chowder and steamed clams were just OK at best but the Killer Shrimp were really disappointing. The highly touted sauce was bland and simply did not taste good. The service was fine and the people watching on a Saturday night was great but we will not be returning given the quality of the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The service and the food were FABULOUS! Billy was our server and he made the evening! He recommended the shelled shrimp and the pork chops and he hit it right on!Special Features: