Killer Shrimp - MDR
4211 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Killer Shrimp - MDR
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.killershrimp.com/
- Phone: 3105782293
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lorenzo Roman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Megan Peery [email@example.com] or Check Out Our Website for More Information on Hosting Your Event at Killer Shrimp!
- Private Party Contact: Megan Peery 3105782299
A word from Killer Shrimp - MDR
Killer Shrimp is an upscale / casual seafood restaurant known in Southern California for over 25 years serving our world famous "Killer Shrimp" dish. Our expanded menu includes fresh seafood selections, steaks, and amazing appetizers. Our bar features a beverage program that uses fresh squeezed juices and house made syrups to make some of the most delicious drinks in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Killer Shrimp - MDR - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Killer Shrimp - MDR reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (13)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Ambiance not in sync with food $ToomanypeopleDined on 9/14/2014The food was good, the table was tight for a family of five with a reservation, conversation was challenging with so much noise.Special Features:
- Service not great at allnotgreatserviceDined on 9/14/2014Overall experience I had better service the previous times I went. This time it was busy but no excuse for HORRIBLE SERVICE. My fiancee had to get up to get his own water and that is with 2 staff members right there by the water when we were trying to get their attention got ignored because their conversation about probably someone was more important then possibly helping a customer get water as we were unable to find our server and not one person came around to see if we were doing alright. The food was very good. The shrimp tacos were yummy. I think my concerns are with the staff not being on point with their customers as I know they rely on a good tip. We left a tip as she (Heidi) I think that was her name (server) was serving us.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Killer ShrimpMsAshleighmarieDined on 9/13/2014Definitely loved this place for my birthday celebration. The food was great and I really enjoyed the lobster mac and cheese....so good. The rest of my party (all 10) said that they would come back to place for sure. The drinks from the bar were good as well and the bartender was extremely nice. My drinks were the best. Can't wait to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!EstelleVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food miserably spicy, even the seafood salad. Annoyingly loud.
- Had a Killer Birthday Party!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Had a birthday party at Killer Shrimp. Service was spot on and food was fantastic! There was 7 of us and everybody was taken care of by a well trained team of waiters and staff. The manager Brett was the coolest guy and made our night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food and noisySwimmingBeautyDined on 8/16/2014The signature dish, the killer shrimp is a 1/2 pound of shrimp swimming in a spicy broth, it's not a soup, not a sauce, it's a curious hybrid, that doesn't make any sense. When it's served over pasta or rice, it became a wet mess where everything is floating in the broth. The original is served with a rubbery bread that they dare to call French bread. The desserts are overly gigantic and way too sweet. It's very noisy with an unpleasant echo, screaming is in order to get heard by the guests at your own table. This is an awful place that I didn't recommend.
- Killer Shrimp is killer good!ArleneDined on 8/9/2014My friends from Quebec are visiting and my friend loves Killer Shrimp and so do we. My niece had the macaroni and cheese and was very happy. Thank you.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICEdiningonthemarinaDined on 8/8/2014WE MADE RESERVATIONS FOR 7 ON A FRIDAY AND WERE SEATED IMMEDIATELY. OUR GROUP CONSISTED OF 4 ADULTS AND 3 CHILDREN AGES, 13, 7 AND 6. THE KIDS LOVED THE MAC & CHEESE (SIGNATURE SIDE) INCLUDING THE ADULTS. THE KILLER SHRIMP DISH (COOKED IN A SPICY BROTH) IS FANTASTIC AND SERVED WITH A SIDE OF FRENCH BREAD FOR DIPPING IN THE SAUCE. DESSERT WAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE WITH ICE CREAM WHICH WE ALL DEVOURED. THE MENU IS VARIED AND THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERY TASTE. RESTAURANT WAS EXTREMELY BUSY BY THE TIME WE LEFT BUT OUR SERVICE DID NOT SUFFER. THERE WERE SEVERAL LARGE GROUPS IN OUR AREA -- 20 PEOPLE TO 12 AT A TABLE. MY ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE LARGE DINING ROOM IS VERY LOUD. IF POSSIBLE, SIT IN A BOOTH OR ONE OF THE PATIOS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Again you did not disappoint. The food and the service was great. Only had a little confusion before sitting down when we were told that they had already seated our party. Still - overall good experience with a cheerful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!!!YOUNGUNDined on 7/27/2014LOVE THIS PLACE. GREAT VIEW, SERVICE, DRINKS AND KILLER FOOD.Special Features:
- first bad experience with OpenTableJackDined on 7/23/2014This was likely not Open Table's fault - but when we arrived, the host greeted us with frustration when I told her the reservation was through Open Table. She said she didn't like OT and it would be an additional 25 minute wait. I'll continue to use OT - just wont go back to Killer Shrimp. They don't appear to be a good client for you either.Special Features:
- Decent food but too noisyRBKrisDined on 7/11/2014We wanted a seafood restaurant in Marina del Rey and this seemed to be a good choice. We had a party of 7 and that was our problem. Large parties are seated in an open room with lots of hard surfaces. We had a round table but had to shout at one another to be heard. It was difficult to talk to anyone who wasn't seated right next to you. They blast exceedingly loud rock music through the speaker system. Honestly, it was so loud in the room due to all of the large parties trying to talk to one another that I couldn't hear the actual songs, just the added noise. Two of us ordered the signature dish, Killer Shrimp. They both liked it. I had scallops, which were good, but the garlic mashed potatoes were boring. Probably won't go back.
- Love the original Killer ShrimpBarbPhilDined on 6/28/2014Five of our party of 10 had been at the original Killer Shrimp many years ago and missed the wonderful original. We were not disappointed. it tasted wonderful...and the other dishes others had were very good also. We appreciated that a dish my 8 year old niece did not like was taken off the bill. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day SurpriseTamiDined on 6/15/2014We surprised my husband going here for Father's Day dinner. What a really nice time. Our waitress was very attentive and mindful of our presence even though it was busy. I would recommend this place as a neighborhood hang out, special outing, or just a nice dinner anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fathers DayluvgoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014Upon arrival it was crowded and chaotic. The hostess was rude. But once seated, everything was great. Our waitress was wonderful (Ariel) and food/drinks were great.Special Features:
- great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014the food was great! i had previously been to the Sta Barbara location, so i have no complaints there. my only complaint is i made reservations for 10:15pm, and we got there a bit early, 9:45.. i gave my name and time of reservation but was told no tables were available. but then i believe they forgot about us, i checked with the girl around 10:20, but was told no tables were available yet. then i went back at 10:30 and asked again., a different girl was there by this point, i explained we had a reservation for 10:15pm, it turns out, the previous girl in charge had not put us down as "arrived". but within a matter of 5 min we were seated. Other than the long wait, it was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014I made a reservation but still had to wait over an hour for the table when we arrived. I guess reservations really don't matter. The manager was very apologetic and brought over some appetizers and didn't charge the cake cutting fee which was nice but really? What's the point of a reservation if it doesn't mean anything when you arrive at the restaurant? It was my daughter's graduation dinner - a very special occasion - it was a huge drag to have to make the whole family (old people and young ones) and friends wait so long to get some dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Killer Shrimp - MDR reviews archive.
- Very unique establishmentLV2EATDined on 5/26/2014Love their spicy Shrimp noodle soup/entree , my son loves the crab cakes, best clam chowder I've tasted in a long time, over all, great setting, great service and delicious food for an affordable price....Special Features:
- Food great but noise is unbearable.TransVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. However, it was a birthday celebration and the noise level was deafening. It made it impossible to hear anyone besides the person seated next to you on either side. I was very disappointed with the room we were seated in and how many tables were put so closely to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, kitchen was slowDennyTDined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mother's day. Food was great, but the kitchen was backed up so the whole dining experience was nearly 2 hours. The wait staff was great, but there was only so much they could do when food was not available.Special Features:
- it's a killer shrimpmundotrekkerVIPDined on 5/11/2014great ambiance and great food but don't go there over a holiday weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperianceUnhappyPatron777Dined on 5/4/2014Killer Shrimp needs to get it together. They are completely disorganized. It's very very loud, and nearly impossible to hear anything. Don't order anything off the menu besides the killer shrimp dishes. Everything else in the menu is terrible in bad texture, consistency, flavor, and quality. I would never recommend this place to even my worst enemy. Not worth wasting your time and money at this establishment.
- The Birthday SpotGoodFoodLuverDined on 5/4/2014My eleven year old daughter and I wanted a nice relaxing place to take my wife and 14 other family members out to dinner to celebrate my wifes birthday, where we would not have to break the bank to have some great food and enjoy ourselves. We were able to do do at Killer Shrimp, the food was delicious as usual, the service was exceptional and we were able to get change back like the old McDonald's days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.