Killer Shrimp - Hermosa Beach
19 Pier Ave
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Killer Shrimp - Hermosa Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.killershrimp.cpm/
- Phone: 3103727071
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lorenzo Roman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Megan Peery at Killer Shrimp Marina Del Rey for any special event needs.
A word from Killer Shrimp - Hermosa Beach
Killer Shrimp is an upscale / casual seafood restaurant known in Southern California for over 25 years serving our world famous "Killer Shrimp" dish. Our expanded menu includes fresh seafood selections, steaks, and amazing appetizers. Our bar features a beverage program that uses fresh squeezed juices and house made syrups to make some of the most delicious drinks in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Killer Shrimp - Hermosa Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Happy in HermosaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Killer Shrimp has been a favorite for years and we are ecstatic to have a new location in our 'hood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The service from our waitress was very good. She was attentive, polite, and checked on our table several times. We asked one of the bus boys for a to go box and he said sure no problem, but he never came back. We actually saw him texting on his phone a minute later and never came back, but overall the service was very good. After a different person kindly packed up our food for us, when we got home we realized they hadn't packed one of the dishes. As for the food, the oysters were delicious. I wasn't too impressed by the steamed clams or original Killer Bowl. It was bland. There were flies we were constantly swatting away from the food. Not sure if it was because we were near the window.
- ShrimpliciousBeniVIPDined on 9/7/2014It was my first time eating at Kilier Shrimp. The original shrimp dish and grilled Cesar salad were delicious! The staff was very friendly and the service was great! Prime location too at Hermosa Bch pier, took a stroll on the strand after dinner. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VarietysiuolDined on 9/1/2014They should offer a less spicy version of their Killer Shrimp.
- "OK", but not that great ....FrankMVIPDined on 8/31/2014We asked for a table outside, she said there was not one available, we sat inside, it was hot and really kind of gross and not clean feeling ... then we noted there was a table outside, we asked someone else, she happily resat us. Nice waiter took our order, cold seafood plate app, salad, killer shrimp. Well, just barely a few minutes later, everything came at once, nothing fit on our "2-top" table, they took some things back ... oysters just "ok", crab legs, flavorless, shrimp were good ... cocktail sauce good. Mango "wedge" very good! We asked for extra lemons, forks, plates, water, OMG, it took forever! Killer Shrimp came, cold, sent it back, took forever to have them return. The table wobbled really annoyingly. So, not the best night ..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2014Same ole Killer Shrimp traditional receipe! The Orignal is consistently good. Service was a little slow for a Thursday early evening. Still highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for SeafoodRCaliDined on 8/23/2014This was a nice addition to the Pier, which is slowly adding more than just Bar food joints. Considering it replaced an awful tourist trap Cantina Real, I'm pretty happy to have it. We had the scallops and crabcakes. Both were pretty good. Like the custom drink menu. Managers are out and about making sure things are running well.
- Great Location, Average FoodSoBayFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The location of Killer Shrimp is great, in Pier Plaza, Hermosa Beach, during the day. Evening is another story, there is no ambience whatsoever. I think it may be the intention to turn the tables quickly and not to provide any type of nice dining experience. The outdoor patio is bare. A few heaters would be nice. The service we had was friendly, helpful and efficient. The check average for our table of four was $45/pp, including one cocktail, tax & tip. We asked our server for recommendations and had the Lobster Mac & Cheese and the Popcorn Shrimp as apps, very tasty. The Killer Shrimp was ok and the Scallops were very average. The "beurre blanc" sauce reminded me of Cream of Mushroom Soup. I won't be rushing back.
- Food was GREAT, but...CB29Dined on 8/18/2014It's was clear they are new. Service was slow, drinks were very weak, and once the sun went down (we ate on the outside patio) it was so dark we could barely see our food! There were candles on the table but it was hardly enough. The food was excellent however. If they can fix the light issue on the patio, improve the speed of their service and pour a real cocktail, this place would be 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Killer Shrimp!BirthdayGirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014So happy this restaurant has come to the South Bay! "The Original" has me hooked. Nothing like dipping the bread in that amazing and spicy sauce. Yum! Oh, and of course the shrimp is killer! ;) This is literally one of my top favorite restaurants. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Awesome!RaulVIPDined on 8/16/2014I love Killer Shrimp! Glad they have returned to the South Bay!!! We remember when they had a location on PCH in Redondo Beach! This location should be perfect. On the Pier Avenue walk, near all the action. Plenty of outdoor patio seating, great bar. Only concern was the heat inside with the crowded room. Shrimp was the same spicy, flavorful taste I remember!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed lunch at the new opening of Killer Shrimp in Hermosa. Seating inside was just fair… not as upscale than other KS locations. I give a good rating in their food and service. My only concern and did not like, I noticed few nagging flies around the tables and as we were eating - definitely not pleasant and healthy to see, especially indoors. Enjoy the patio seating… at least you will know what to expect.Special Features:
- More Than Just Killer ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time to the restaurant, but I will say that it will not be my last. Love the food, the decor, the location and the staff. A great experience in every aspect.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Killer Shrimp - Hermosa Beach reviews archive.