2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (281) 485-0844
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (210)fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (97)romantic (95)notable wine list (82)good for groups (49)hot spot (25)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The food and service was great.DRiggsDined on 11/25/2014Very nice restaurant with great food and service. My waiter was friendly and answered all the questions that we had prior to ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks+!BoochDined on 11/22/2014The steak was great, I had the NY strip that was Local to Texas, organic and grass fed. Although not as tender as the filet mignon (they had run out of the filet), it was still cooked to perfection (med Rare) and delicious. My wife had the crab cake appetizer as an entree and the French Onion Soup as an appetizer. I also had the Pork Belly as an appetizer and the mac n cheese with my NY Strip. Which were both incredible and would order again. For dessert I had the cheesecake and she had the Creme Brulee Bread pudding. The cheesecake may have been the best I have ever had and my wife loved it as well. She liked the Bread pudding but felt like the one they serve at Killen's BBQ is better and I agree. Although I was extremely disappointed they were out of the filet, we will be back. We enjoyed the atmosphere and we both enjoyed our meal in spite of the hiccup. This is a place we would strongly recommend. It's a little pricey and is a great place for a special occasion or if you are wanting to impress some business clients or associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks and DessertSteveDined on 11/21/2014Great steaks and the best part,Bread Pudding for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with serviceKH60Dined on 11/19/2014We went to Killen's for our first time, it was for a birthday. We arrived 15 minutes ahead of our reservations, but our table was ready, and we were seated. A member of the wait staff immediately brought bread and water, but this is not anyone who greets or converses with you. There were 3 tables occupied in our section, attended to by two servers. All these tables were eating when we arrived. These tables finished, and departed the restaurant. We had still not had a waiter greet us. We had been there 30 minutes by this time. Right at our 45 minute mark, two more tables were seated, waiters immediately greeting them, asking if it was first time at restaurant, explaining cuts of meat, etc. At this point, husband went to the hostess and asked for the manager. We were then immediately attended to. We still didn't get the initial service the other tables had, could not tell you if there were any specials that night, we had to ask for waiter to tell us about cuts of meat, etc. They did comp some of the items from our tab. We will go back, as food was excellent. But....we will speak up right away if not attended to. With it being our first time, we didn't know what to expect, so did not speak up earlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killens never disappointsBuffetGourmetDined on 11/19/2014"Best steak I have ever had" These are the words spoken from my clients on Wednesday night. Server was impressive with his knowledge of both the steak and wine menu's. Most definitely a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014We celebrated with friends there 23rd anniversary. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!luvfoodDined on 11/15/2014This was our second visit to Killen's. The food is always outstanding. We had the scallop appetizer - scallops were cooked perfect. The Akaushi Wagyu Bone-In ribeye was cooked to a perfect medium rare - wonderful flavor. Wine list has a large selection. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in the Houston areaDivingwowDined on 11/14/2014Had the best steak I hsve ever had in he Houston area. Service was top notch and thorough explanation of the cuts was helpful for first time visitors. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Dinner for two 11/12/14HackDined on 11/12/2014Everything was very good, especially the (dry aged) steaks. Service was very good. Things were a little pricey, but I knew that going in. The only real complaint was that our table was drafty (a cold front had moved into Houston) and when the front door was opened it got downright chilly, as our table was close to the entrance)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestAlbertDined on 11/10/2014This is the best steakhouse in the country bar-nonSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurantJackieDined on 11/8/2014Saturday the 8th was, I believe, our 3rd time this year to dine at Killen's and each as been a fabulous experience. Can't wait for our next reservation!Special Features:
- Food and NoisePandF1988Dined on 11/7/2014Food was great but noise was terrible!! Could not enjoy conversation because of all the background and other nearby tables noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, like always!ShivaDined on 11/7/2014Everything turned out perfect! The ribeye was great and my wife's flounder was an interesting combination of flavors. The waiter was excellent and the place filled up nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience overallKKB1999Dined on 11/6/2014Staff was top notch. Food amazing. Just a small place so no way to control noise level but it was still a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Family and ILetmetellyouDined on 11/5/2014We (my mother, stepfather, son and myself) all went to enjoy the amazing food we heard about. Our app. was the crabcake and it was amazing. For the most part it was good but the featured meal left something to be desired. I believe it was flounder stuffed with crab and red potatoes, my mom wished she never ordered. We also ordered the porterhouse which according to my parents was very good. Although not on the menu they offered my six year old chicken teders. They were really good and a large portion, bonus points. I had shrimp and fries that were really tastey. Once again there was little seasoning so it was a bit bland but still good. The crabcake off of the app. menu and the steak were the best things by far. Great service!Special Features:
- Great Steaks!gr8stkDined on 11/1/2014If you're in the market for a good steak, head to Killen's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouseThecarnivorDined on 11/1/2014I've eaten at quite a few great steak houses and without a doubt Killen's is the best. If you get Dan or Patrick as your waiters then you can't go wrong. The steaks are outstanding and the sides are the best I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the FoodFireman4aDined on 10/30/2014This was our second "special occasion" visit to Killen's and the experience was very similar to our first one a year ago. This place is small and very energetic. We went on a Thursday night and it was basically full. It is not really a romantic setting because it is so open that it is constantly noisy as conversations are going on all around you. What makes up for that is the amazing food! The steaks and the sides are delicious and perfectly prepared, the wine is excellent although we needed help choosing one from the large selection. This place is definitely not inexpensive so it is only a special occasion restaurant for us, but the food is wonderful and I'm sure we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoysDined on 10/30/2014great food...knowledgeable staff...surprising variety of both steaks and other choicesSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with my husband recently. First time visiting and it far exceeded our expectations. The crab cake was divine and the steaks awesome! Service was top notch as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Service is great. Had the Akaushi filet which was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry Aged BeefedwardlaaseVIPDined on 10/28/2014Let me start by saying maybe I am biased. I live in Pearland and it is fun to brag about a home town restaurant. But notwithstanding that fact, I think Ronnie Killen serves the best beef in Houston, in Texas and maybe the US. Our regular waiter Emment had a day off but Lance provided equally great service. Parking used to be a challenge but no more. They have valet service. The meal started with a superb shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were huge, tender and fresh. Next was the heirloom tomato, burratto salad with olive and basil oil dressing. First time for it and we loved it. Finally the Pièce de résistance, a dry aged rib eye cooked to perfection. We were in heaven. Thank you Ronnie. Can't wait until you get a new bigger place.Special Features:
- 27 ounces and moregoodfoodloverDined on 10/27/2014I took my daughter to Killen's for her birthday. We had a delicious mixed greens salad with blue cheese, apple, candied walnuts, and the house vinaigrette, the black eyed pea and smoked pork gumbo (a meal in its self), the 27 ounce (melt in your mouth) bone rib eye, macaroni and cheese, creamed corn, and for desert the carrot cake (must have) and bread pudding. Every bite was better than the last!!! The food, atmosphere, and the service were top notch and well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakhouseTKSmokeDined on 10/27/2014The best wagyu rib eye steak I've ever had. And the crab cake appetizer was also best in class. The carrot cake was most excellent. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I have tried several times to dine at Killen's however, it is very hard to get reservations at the last minute. But this weekend we finally were able to eat there after a late movie. Everything was divine!! We ordered the snapper and a Japanese steak with grilled asparagus,mac&cheese, and carrot cake! The food melted in our mouths!You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- SorrelDined on 10/25/2014Great food and service, however it was very loud and hard to hear. Our 9.00pm reservation was not ready and there is no where to wait inside. Overall, We enjoyed the evening at lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food? Phenomenal.LoloHoustonDined on 10/25/2014Best steak ever! Great wine list. Definitely a special night out.Special Features:
- Good, butKendrickTXDined on 10/24/2014Food was great, atmosphere was so so. My girlfriend dressed up big time, but It wasn't that kind of place. Food was great, but it wasn't like other Houston steakhouses. More of a family dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for Queens and KingsLemlemcoVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were dining with friends on Friday Night. Celebrating a belated birthday with the Ochier's. This was great people, great food, and over the top conversation. The food included appetizers ( crab cake, fried asparagus with carb meat on top, scollops wrapped with bacon on a bed of potato slice, shrimps, fried calamari with a sweep & spicy sauce), salads, the main course (steaks, Seared Ahi tuna, potatoes, mushrooms, salads, and top off deserts (something chocolate, and creme brulee bread pudding) This is a place for dining and dinner ... JJ Watts was dined very near that evening October 24, 2014 ShalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killens is always the best.Love2eatDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food. Great service. From the starters to the main course, the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress codeTom3014Dined on 10/23/2014Had a wonderful dinner for my wife's birthday- I felt that the class of this sort restaurant was very low- jeans and polo shirts allowed?A little more dress code, for a classy restaurant would have been appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- true gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Didn't know it even existed but the food was amazing. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014The waiter got my order wrong so my husband ate by himself, then my order came and I ate by myself. Kind of ruined our 20th anniversary dinner together. But a lady came by and said the dessert was on the restaurant. Carrot cake was delicious. They also sat us at a 2 person table which was not very romantic.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Everything was great but.....I have not eaten there in awhile and the quality of steak seems to have slipped. While it was much better than the local chain steaks by a huge margin, it seemed lesser quality than I have had at the place many times before. Still excellent, though, and I realize all steaks are not the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for that Special OccasionSteakLovers12Dined on 10/21/2014Heard about this restaurant from multiple people and had to try. The service was amazing. Great recommendations and extreme knowledge of the steaks they serve. I felt I got a PHD in steak when I left. The lump Crab appetizer was the best I have ever tasked and the Steak was out of this world. Cooked to perfection. Great sides and deserts. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakBuffetGourmetDined on 10/21/2014I live in the Pearland area and highly recommend Killens for special occasions. It is a little expensive but all menu items are amazing. I have eaten at all the major steakhouses... Killens is the best steak I have ever eaten!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday night dinnerNewYorkDined on 10/21/2014The usual Killens experience, great food and service, but this time two things were missing..... They did not have any cheesecake? Waiter said it wasn't ready?? This was dinner at 8 when we were ordering dessert. And the meatballs that we love on the menu were gone!!!! Food critic from the Houston Chronicle didn't like them, so they were removed... Follow your own instincts Ronnie, if the patrons have loved the meatballs for so long and yet you listen to a food critic to keep your ratings up..... Maybe this family will find another place to go.... And let our friends know who you listen to.Special Features:
- Best Steak House in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I highly recommend Killen's. You have to try the crab cakes and asparagus appetizers and the American Wagyu steak. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- TheFlashDined on 10/20/2014Did not live up to the hype. Vic and Anthony much betterSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Took my girlfriend out for our 6 months anniversary here and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. Best steak I've ever had! And dessert was fantastic! Waiter was also very helpful for letting us know what to try. Was definitely a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.