2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2814850844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)fit for foodies (131)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (83)good for groups (41)hot spot (24)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cooked to PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Been to Killen's many times and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- nice find for steak dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Chef Killen has won numerous solid awards...our meal did not disappoint. The steaks were cooked as ordered. The appetizers and desserts were top shelf. His cream brulet bread pudding was quite special (and we have lived in N'awlins where they KNOW HOW to do both creme brulet and bread pudding). The creamed corn with a red pepper kick was also quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks & Crab Cakes, period.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I am so very impressed with the food. Crab cakes are huge - virtually no breading - with a delicious, buttery sauce that compliments the crab beautifully. The steak was cooked exactly as I requested, an amazing flavor. The steaks are priced from $$$ to $$$$$$. However - when I think about how often I have paid over $30.00 for a steak that was perfectly fine; paying twice that amount for a steak that is absolutely perfect somehow seems totally worth the extra money. As for non-food aspects, the Bartender makes what is probably the best "French 75" cocktail in Houston ... uh ... Pearland. The only downside is the dining room. It is nicely done, but one is never unaware that it appears to be a converted ranch home, with 8 ft. ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steak, Sides and Deserts!JacobVIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I drove all the way to Killen's Steakhouse from Cypress to enjoy a nice dinner on our anniversary. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. We started off with the mesquite pork belly which was mouth watering. I then had a juicy 100% grass fed Ribeye while my wife had a Akaushi filet that melted in your mouth. We got three sides that were all fantastic. The potatoes au gratin, macaroni and cheese, and the broccoli cheese risotto. They were all cheesy and very satisfying. For desert, I had the absolute best carrot cake I have ever eaten. It was so rich and moist! Anyone looking for a meal to satisfy your cravings should definitely try Killen's.Special Features:
- First and last time at Killens777jav777Dined on 9/26/2014From arrival to departure Killens was a very expensive experience for the value. Guests are basically forced to use the valet parking. The valets gave us the wrong tag and almost gave us the wrong car when we left. The steaks, admittedly very tasty, weren't worth the amount charged. The crab cake was good. I ordered grilled romaine salad and got an ungrilled salad. I asked the waiter for a filet recommendation telling him that I wanted something different than the ribeye I always order. What I was served was a $65 rib eye which was barely half inch thick. Killens, which came highly recommended by friends was not worth the hour drive and the $235 bill + valet tip. For my next birthday I'll ask my husband to take me back to Houstons.
- Sheila C.SheilaDined on 9/25/2014The food was prepared perfectly and was delicious; but, the evening we were there a LOUD group of 12 in adjoining room ruined our dining experience. Owners need to have an enclosed area for party groups, so they can celebrate without disturbing others.
- Great food but...NoDeucesDined on 9/24/2014I would imagine this place is always packed. It's a small place and the food is great. Unfortunately, tables are packed together in a way that yields bad experiences. In the main dining are there are two two-person tables that are separated by a six inch column. Not ideal for an anniversary. Also, the wait staff seemed under-staffed. Our waiter was fantastic, when he was present. Unfortunately, he had about two tables too many and one of those was a huge, lingering table. The steak selection is great. My wife's filet was a bit overcooked. Medium returned well. She didn't mind, but it ruined the taste of the Wagyu. We may return, but I wouldn't go with less than four, for fear of one of those awful tables.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RpowledgeDined on 9/24/2014Once again we were very pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Sadly we are able to visit and worth all of the driving as all 3 of us love the restaurant and will continue on special occasions. This being my Mom's 86th Birthday and she loves your Filet's, we will be back. Never had a better steak and the baked potato was the best we ever had. Wish it was in our budget to visit more often and I will at some point order the 12 oz filet w/bone. We lucked out with our waiter as he was the best.Special Features:
- TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time as always. There was one table that was way to loud, but it was only one and it has never happened before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitHorsiegirlDined on 9/20/2014First off, I want to say how much I appreciate that the owners have paved the parking lot. We had just had a big rain and on the way I thought to myself that the parking lot would be a mess and I should have worn other shoes, so when I drove up and found the newly paved lot, I was so happy. It was a birthday dinner for my fiancée that we had been looking forward to for several weeks. Our table was ready, we were promptly greeted and the fun began. Our cocktails were delicious and generous, but what I really want to brag about was the steak. I splurged and tried the grass-fed fillet and the birthday boy did the same with another cut. We both love good steak and have been all over the world eating it, but these were special. DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- eat2livDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was a bit slow. Noise level was louder than I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steak!ACSSDined on 9/17/2014This is the almost best kept secret in Houston! I say almost because it is increasingly more difficult to get a table...just goes to show how good the food is, I guess! Oh, and save room for the carrot cake - it is out-of-this-world-good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceKillenDined on 9/17/2014Restaurant is small and tight however the food and service were great. The only issue I really had was the girl who called to confirm our reservation was a bit rude, perhaps management can tell her how to speak to guests. Also only 1 restroom was a headache. I felt like I was at a bar waiting in line for a restroom. Other than that those are my only 2 flaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great placeBlytheDined on 9/17/2014The bar is amazing (the drinks are so spot on), the food is delicious (though I mourn the absence of the beet salad). As a gluten free non-seafood eating girl, a lot of foodie fare is just not on my option list - but Killen's is always delicious and has great gluten-free options or variations. There are few seafood-free apps and those are fried. I'm usually in the cold for apps, and they had the beet salad off the menu for a seasonal watermelon. So I was good and stuck with a steak and side. We each got a NY strip and shared to compare. I regularly recommend Killen's even though it is getting harder to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Houston AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014This place is the best. The beef selections are amazing. We love coming to this gem in Pearland. Must Eat Recommendations: Fried Asparagus with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Piedmontese Ribeye or Bone in Filet Bread PuddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killen'sfoodloverDined on 9/15/2014Best steak I've had in quite awhile. Side dishes & dessert were wonderful. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhouseiknowmyrestaurantsDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, wine and service. I would recommend Killen's to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KenJessLoveDined on 9/15/2014Waiter was excellent and food was delicious! I had an 8oz filet. It was so tender and tasty! My hubby had the snapper w/lump crab meat on top. It was heavenly!! Not to mention the crab cake we had for an appetizer. Yum! Yum! EVERYTHING was delicious and seasoned so well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak smorgasbordGageParkerDined on 9/15/2014With enough people at the table, Killens offers you the opportunity to settle any questions you might have with regards to dry or wet aging, traditional breeds vs wagyu, even domestic wagyu vs Japanese wagyu. Our dry aged Illinois corn fed steak was in the same ballpark as Peter Lugars with the edge going to the sizzling presentation at the less formal Peter Lugars. Killens is out of the way (more than an hour drive for us from downtown during rush hour). It is a quiet small place perfect for great conversation.Special Features:
- Very Impressedanniv12yearVIPDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding Steak House. My wife and I chose Killens to celebrate our 12 year anniversary and we were not disappointed. The Wagu Steak melted in our mouth...the creamed corn was awesome and the wine was great. My only complaint was their efficiency. We were in and out in an hour...Next time I will tell them to space out the courses a little better. But overall best steak I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Best Steak AroundjtrnphdVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my 4th visit and the food is still top notch. Better have a reservation!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem for SteaksTexastwangVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's amazing this wonderful steakhouse would be in tucked in Pearland! We were so impressed we could choose steaks from Nebraska Corn Fed (Wet Aged), Illinois Corn Fed (Dry Aged), 100% Grass Fed or Strube Ranch American Wagyu from Pittsburg, Certified Piedmonttese (Nebraska), or true Japanese 100% Wagyu from Saga Prefecture. We especially enjoyed all the appetizers and sides we ordered: jumbo lump crab cake, jumbo asparagus, gulf shrimp cocktail, roasted bone marrow, sautéed spinach, creamed corn, creamed spinach....our server, Douglas, was excellent! Thank you for making it a special birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGhopVIPDined on 9/12/2014Definitely worth the drive. The wagyu was dynamite, could cut with a fork. The crab cake, bacon wrapped scallops and pork belly appetizers were amazing. The creamed corn and Mac & cheese were delicious! The carrot cake was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pearlandresidentDined on 9/12/2014Way too expensive for type atmosphere. My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Too many tables jammed in small rooms, way too loud. Could not hear the waiter or my husband's conversation but felt like I was sitting at the table next to me with their conversations. Steak was good but not better than others. Too expensive for anything other than a special occasion but certainly not the right atmosphere for a special occasion. Also very tacky building and decor, again for the price you are paying.Special Features:
- Both good and badDynamoBobDined on 9/11/2014The service started slow as we were not assigned a waiter. However when it was noticed then the maître d and waiter made up for the error. The fish was excellent but the steaks were all slightly overcooked and a little disappointing based on the cost and reputation of the restaurant. Overall a good choice for Pearland but not 5 stars this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Creamed Corn EverTexasTornadoDined on 9/11/2014Amazing asparagus and scallops too. Attentive waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Service was spectacular. Patrick had really great recommendations. Wine, appetizer & entrees were too notch. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestTclauseDined on 9/10/2014Our food was off the charts!!! Hands down the best !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TMehlDined on 9/10/2014Well worth the price! We were blown away with the service and the food. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killens steakhouseKatyDined on 9/10/2014A bit to dark and there was a musty damp odor as soon as you enter/then into the dining room. Steaks were great! Sides were nothing special Potatoes au gratin & broccoli cheese risotto. The drive was over 45 minutes, will not go again. Expectations were higher based on reviews.Special Features:
- BEST KEPT PEARLAND SECRETPartyof5Dined on 9/9/2014We FINALLY ate at Killen's to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. We had heard great reviews on how delicious the steaks were and we were anxious to try it out! I must say Killen's did not disappoint. We both ordered the Stub Ranch Ribeye which had to be one of the most tender and flavored ribeye I have had in a very long time. The crab cakes were the bomb-dot-com as well. I highly recommend this small joint and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceKimmikayeDined on 9/6/2014We've been to Killen's several times before with great results, but our last visit was definitely the most enjoyable. Our waiter was very helpful in making recommendations and the food exceeded our expectations. The dinner specials were unique and very tasty, especially the watermelon salad and the grilled tilefish with crab risotto, and my husband enjoyed the Wagyu filet immensely. We can always count on consistent food and service at Killen's and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankLandDined on 9/5/2014I took my wife to dinner for date night and had a wonderful dining experience at Killens! Excellent food and top teir service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodzoobieDined on 9/4/2014The meal was exceptional. Gorgeous presentation and seasoned perfectly. The crab cakes were the best by far from any place we have had them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burrell9394Dined on 9/3/2014The food and was excellent , but it was some what noisey. The tables were too close together and you could hear other tables conversations. I think this could be corrected with some acoustic modifications. We would dine there again just for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there, done that.Overpriced0000Dined on 9/3/2014No imagination or creativity in food preparation. Chicken, rice and green bean meal was inedible. The filet was over cooked on one side. The crab cake appetizer was good. The overall ambiance of the restaurant was zero. We will go to Taste of Texas for our next big event.
- Great restaurant, Great Food!PearlandFoodieDined on 9/2/2014I really enjoyed the vibe of this place. The staff was excellent and 100% organic Strip Steak was cooked to perfection!!Special Features:
- expected too much left disappointedmommyDined on 8/29/2014The flavor of the food was great but my husband and myself found ourselves picking a lot of shells out of our crab cake. A roach crawled across the floor while we were dining and someone had a toddler out at 930pm who was cranky and kept crying. I hear great things about this place from everyone and it wasn't awful. At that price range I don't feel I should have to constantly spit out crab shells or see roaches or hear babies crying. It may have been an off night but I don't have another $150 to waste to test that theory. I'll go to another place next timeSpecial Features:
- Just an overly expensive TX RoadhouSgtEddieBDined on 8/29/2014For the kind of money I spent on food and tipping, I would have expected to be able to hear myself chewing on my slab of meat. Very noisy for a so-called "fancy" restaurant! The price of the food wasn't worth the experience! The service was ok. The food, ok. I chose the dry-aged Strip. It was cooked exactly as I wanted, which is "rare" for most dining establishments. Maybe it was the rub used, but I wasn't impressed by the flavor. I've had better dry-aged beef. The Flame in Springfield MO comes to mind when making any comparison. Over-all, I felt like I was in a shrunken Texas Roadhouse. Kept expecting to hear the staff to start singing "happy birthday" to the little rugrat crying at the next table.