2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2814850844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (242)fit for foodies (128)romantic (107)neighborhood gem (106)notable wine list (84)good for groups (45)hot spot (24)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding Steak!ACSSDined on 9/17/2014This is the almost best kept secret in Houston! I say almost because it is increasingly more difficult to get a table...just goes to show how good the food is, I guess! Oh, and save room for the carrot cake - it is out-of-this-world-good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Restaurant is small and tight however the food and service were great. The only issue I really had was the girl who called to confirm our reservation was a bit rude, perhaps management can tell her how to speak to guests. Also only 1 restroom was a headache. I felt like I was at a bar waiting in line for a restroom. Other than that those are my only 2 flaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Houston AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014This place is the best. The beef selections are amazing. We love coming to this gem in Pearland. Must Eat Recommendations: Fried Asparagus with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Piedmontese Ribeye or Bone in Filet Bread PuddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Best steak I've had in quite awhile. Side dishes & dessert were wonderful. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, wine and service. I would recommend Killen's to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Waiter was excellent and food was delicious! I had an 8oz filet. It was so tender and tasty! My hubby had the snapper w/lump crab meat on top. It was heavenly!! Not to mention the crab cake we had for an appetizer. Yum! Yum! EVERYTHING was delicious and seasoned so well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak smorgasbordOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014With enough people at the table, Killens offers you the opportunity to settle any questions you might have with regards to dry or wet aging, traditional breeds vs wagyu, even domestic wagyu vs Japanese wagyu. Our dry aged Illinois corn fed steak was in the same ballpark as Peter Lugars with the edge going to the sizzling presentation at the less formal Peter Lugars. Killens is out of the way (more than an hour drive for us from downtown during rush hour). It is a quiet small place perfect for great conversation.Special Features:
- Very Impressedanniv12yearVIPDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding Steak House. My wife and I chose Killens to celebrate our 12 year anniversary and we were not disappointed. The Wagu Steak melted in our mouth...the creamed corn was awesome and the wine was great. My only complaint was their efficiency. We were in and out in an hour...Next time I will tell them to space out the courses a little better. But overall best steak I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Best Steak AroundjtrnphdVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my 4th visit and the food is still top notch. Better have a reservation!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem for SteaksTexastwangVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's amazing this wonderful steakhouse would be in tucked in Pearland! We were so impressed we could choose steaks from Nebraska Corn Fed (Wet Aged), Illinois Corn Fed (Dry Aged), 100% Grass Fed or Strube Ranch American Wagyu from Pittsburg, Certified Piedmonttese (Nebraska), or true Japanese 100% Wagyu from Saga Prefecture. We especially enjoyed all the appetizers and sides we ordered: jumbo lump crab cake, jumbo asparagus, gulf shrimp cocktail, roasted bone marrow, sautéed spinach, creamed corn, creamed spinach....our server, Douglas, was excellent! Thank you for making it a special birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGhopVIPDined on 9/12/2014Definitely worth the drive. The wagyu was dynamite, could cut with a fork. The crab cake, bacon wrapped scallops and pork belly appetizers were amazing. The creamed corn and Mac & cheese were delicious! The carrot cake was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pearlandresidentDined on 9/12/2014Way too expensive for type atmosphere. My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Too many tables jammed in small rooms, way too loud. Could not hear the waiter or my husband's conversation but felt like I was sitting at the table next to me with their conversations. Steak was good but not better than others. Too expensive for anything other than a special occasion but certainly not the right atmosphere for a special occasion. Also very tacky building and decor, again for the price you are paying.Special Features:
- Both good and badDynamoBobDined on 9/11/2014The service started slow as we were not assigned a waiter. However when it was noticed then the maître d and waiter made up for the error. The fish was excellent but the steaks were all slightly overcooked and a little disappointing based on the cost and reputation of the restaurant. Overall a good choice for Pearland but not 5 stars this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Creamed Corn EverTexasTornadoDined on 9/11/2014Amazing asparagus and scallops too. Attentive waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Service was spectacular. Patrick had really great recommendations. Wine, appetizer & entrees were too notch. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestTclauseDined on 9/10/2014Our food was off the charts!!! Hands down the best !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TMehlDined on 9/10/2014Well worth the price! We were blown away with the service and the food. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killens steakhouseKatyDined on 9/10/2014A bit to dark and there was a musty damp odor as soon as you enter/then into the dining room. Steaks were great! Sides were nothing special Potatoes au gratin & broccoli cheese risotto. The drive was over 45 minutes, will not go again. Expectations were higher based on reviews.Special Features:
- BEST KEPT PEARLAND SECRETPartyof5Dined on 9/9/2014We FINALLY ate at Killen's to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. We had heard great reviews on how delicious the steaks were and we were anxious to try it out! I must say Killen's did not disappoint. We both ordered the Stub Ranch Ribeye which had to be one of the most tender and flavored ribeye I have had in a very long time. The crab cakes were the bomb-dot-com as well. I highly recommend this small joint and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceKimmikayeDined on 9/6/2014We've been to Killen's several times before with great results, but our last visit was definitely the most enjoyable. Our waiter was very helpful in making recommendations and the food exceeded our expectations. The dinner specials were unique and very tasty, especially the watermelon salad and the grilled tilefish with crab risotto, and my husband enjoyed the Wagyu filet immensely. We can always count on consistent food and service at Killen's and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankLandDined on 9/5/2014I took my wife to dinner for date night and had a wonderful dining experience at Killens! Excellent food and top teir service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodzoobieDined on 9/4/2014The meal was exceptional. Gorgeous presentation and seasoned perfectly. The crab cakes were the best by far from any place we have had them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burrell9394Dined on 9/3/2014The food and was excellent , but it was some what noisey. The tables were too close together and you could hear other tables conversations. I think this could be corrected with some acoustic modifications. We would dine there again just for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there, done that.Overpriced0000Dined on 9/3/2014No imagination or creativity in food preparation. Chicken, rice and green bean meal was inedible. The filet was over cooked on one side. The crab cake appetizer was good. The overall ambiance of the restaurant was zero. We will go to Taste of Texas for our next big event.
- Great restaurant, Great Food!PearlandFoodieDined on 9/2/2014I really enjoyed the vibe of this place. The staff was excellent and 100% organic Strip Steak was cooked to perfection!!Special Features:
- expected too much left disappointedmommyDined on 8/29/2014The flavor of the food was great but my husband and myself found ourselves picking a lot of shells out of our crab cake. A roach crawled across the floor while we were dining and someone had a toddler out at 930pm who was cranky and kept crying. I hear great things about this place from everyone and it wasn't awful. At that price range I don't feel I should have to constantly spit out crab shells or see roaches or hear babies crying. It may have been an off night but I don't have another $150 to waste to test that theory. I'll go to another place next timeSpecial Features:
- Just an overly expensive TX RoadhouSgtEddieBDined on 8/29/2014For the kind of money I spent on food and tipping, I would have expected to be able to hear myself chewing on my slab of meat. Very noisy for a so-called "fancy" restaurant! The price of the food wasn't worth the experience! The service was ok. The food, ok. I chose the dry-aged Strip. It was cooked exactly as I wanted, which is "rare" for most dining establishments. Maybe it was the rub used, but I wasn't impressed by the flavor. I've had better dry-aged beef. The Flame in Springfield MO comes to mind when making any comparison. Over-all, I felt like I was in a shrunken Texas Roadhouse. Kept expecting to hear the staff to start singing "happy birthday" to the little rugrat crying at the next table.
- Too loudVersed240Dined on 8/29/2014The noise level was awful. Got my food in a to go box and left . Did not even finish meal. They offered to move us but it was kind of late into the meal to do that. Gave the ice tea and wine for free but I was very unhappy. Saw people setting up tables and they put the silverware on the chair . People had there butt on chair and then other people ate using the utensils. Really for a meal costing almost two hundred dollars would liked to have more Ambience to celebrate my 66 Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great place.JerseyMarkDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were here for our anniversary. We shared a crab cake and she had broiled snapper, both excellent. I had the Strube Farms grass-fed Wagyu New York strip. It is hard to describe how good it was. We are pretty experienced diners and former restaurant owners, and this restaurant was top notch all around. It is a little pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great for birthdaysSteakAficionadoDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated a very good friend's birthday here a few weeks back and it was fantastic. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great SteakSharonDined on 8/28/2014Steak was great (I had the filet), but the carrot cake was absolutely AMAZING! Noise was way loud, not kitchen noise, but customer noise, there's nothing really to absorb sound. I'd still go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The quality of the food was amazing and refreshing. We had looked forward to going for 6 months and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun eveningGDASBDined on 8/27/2014Steaks were amazing, sides could use a little less salt in the mushrooms but creamed spinich was awesome. Hard to decide if the Steaks or peanutbutter chocolate mousse cake was the best. Do not go to Killins without trying the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse in PearlandFeliciaDined on 8/26/2014Food was amazing! Rivals any popular steakhouse in the loop. Creamed corn is the best I've ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from starters to dessertCosmoDined on 8/25/2014The crab cake is a MUST order - best I've ever had. Texas wagyu ribeye was grilled to perfection and the meat was tender even the next day. Same with the carrot cake - rich, flavourful but not heavy. Ehlers Estate merlot complemented the meal well. Loved the overall dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakconnoiseurDined on 8/23/2014Hooray for the restaurant for paving the parking lot! The rib-eye steak was not as delicious as last time we were there. It was served on a sizzling plate. Would have made the steak taste better. When the steak was served, it was on a plate that was at room-temperature.Special Features:
- NOT WORTH IT AT ALLTexasVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had heard all of hype about this place. Nothing special. Not worth the drive from inside the loop. WAY over priced wine and food. Extremely hot and poor service. Always willing and ready to try a new place and have many meals that are in the $500 and up range. This one as a waste of time and gas.
- Great Experience Again!InTheMoodForDined on 8/21/2014We have dined at this restaurant twice. Both evenings were exceptionally memorable, due to special family celebrations. Fortunately, the service, food, and beverages were everything we had hoped to encounter. I would certainly recommend Killen's Steakhouse for special times when you want to enjoy dining and be assured that the venue will rise to the occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014you'll never go anywhere else after you have steak here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BfaithDined on 8/21/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. We both enjoyed our meals were excellent. It was our first time we had the reviews.Special Features: