2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2814850844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)fit for foodies (132)neighborhood gem (103)romantic (96)notable wine list (80)good for groups (46)hot spot (23)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Took my girlfriend out for our 6 months anniversary here and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. Best steak I've ever had! And dessert was fantastic! Waiter was also very helpful for letting us know what to try. Was definitely a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I read the reviews and overall people were satisfied, however if you come as a group, it is great place to be, if you come as a couple don't bother. They seat as at the table for 2, right next to support beam, and then next table was right next to us, no privacy at all... And I saw 3-4 couples came in and we kind of glance each other in disbelief... As I said, if you have a group of 6-8 great place to go... Couples be aware... I guess they don't make as much money on couples as with the large group... Food was ok... 'I had better steak at Taste of Texas' and better experience...Special Features:
- High Quality SteakhousechrisDined on 10/18/2014Killen's is an unusual place. The location, the building, lack of curb appeal might cause you to not consider it. But once inside and looking at the menu, the place shines. They offer many varieties of beef, wet aged, try aged, Nebraska, Iowa, Kobe, Waygu. Our group tried cuts in the $40-55 range, and the best tasting was the basic filet. Wedge salad and sides such as mac and cheese, onion rings, corn very good. Save room for their carrot cake. Moist and the best we have ever tasted. The overall experience is pricey ($100 apiece with drinks) but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaksDianeDined on 10/15/2014Loved it, we are steak lovers and enjoyed every bite. Pricey but worth it. No ambiance at all, go for the food.Special Features:
- Great experienceCurvy4lifeDined on 10/14/2014We took my dad for his birthday. The food was excellent. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful with choosing what we would each like best. I think the best steak at our table was the aged beef, very flavorful. We tried the bread pudding, though good, I found the carrot cake to taste the best. Only down side was the restraunt was very noisy due to some larger parties and it was difficult to hear and make conversation. But this is not something that will keep me from returning. Worth the experienceSpecial Features:
- Always a wonderful dinnerRitaDined on 10/13/2014The crab cake was wonderful. If you have never had the Carrot Cake it is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Well worth going to celebrate our 14th anniversary. The food was excellent. Specially prepared chicken fried chicken for my wife and a beautifully cooked new york strip for myself. The jumbo lump crab cake off the charts. Carrot Cake "THE BEST". Will be back to celebrate my 40th bday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome meal!DessertFirstDined on 10/11/2014Best steak in Houston area. Excellent waiter. Impressive wine list. We look forward going back. Carrot cake was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 👍👍👍GoodsteakDined on 10/11/2014Great food, the building is deceiving for the quality of food, service, and serviceSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerRWH123VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent, could not have asked for better. It is wonderful to have a restaurant with such great food in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The waygu we wanted to try was not available. The ribeye ,dry aged, was NOT strong on flavor and underseasoned. we had to ask for salt and pepper. Husbands gigantic baked potato had a small pat of butter and dried chives. unbelievable! Had to ask for more butter. Wine was good. No ice in water and dying flowers on table.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwayssouthtexasdogloverDined on 10/10/2014We took advantage of a free weekend to enjoy an early dinner at Killen's. As always, the service was impeccable and the food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Change a Good Thing?snapcrackpopDined on 10/8/2014We dined a Killen's last Wednesday, and had not been there in several months. It had become my hands down favorite for steaks. The option for mesquite grilling any of their meats was a big plus for me. I found the grass fed ribeye always outstanding. I was looking forward to that experience. When I ordered, I asked for the mesquite and the waiter said they did not do that anymore. Reluctantly, I went ahead with my order. The steak came out prepared perfectly, but sadly did not live up to the $42 ala carte price tag. It was average at best in overall flavor and texture. For me, without the mesquite smokiness and better char, this is just an average steakhouse. We will not likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food was outstanding but the noise was uncomfortably loud. Unable to communicate across our table of two.Special Features:
- Not Worth ItweloveourfoodDined on 10/8/2014We ate early because we could not get a later reservation. Service was good until it got busy, then waiter largely disappeared. Food was undercooked and not as tasty as expected. Baked potato got cold quickly. Poor experience. We won't be back.
- Best sides everEataroundtheglobeDined on 10/4/2014The Texas wagyu steak cooked rare was mediocre. The side dishes were some of the best ever. The service good but not excellent. Very very noisy. We could hardly hear the waiter.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasion.CutieDined on 10/4/2014Great corn fed wet aged ribeye we spit. Delivered as ordered medium. We also spit a baked potatoe just the right amount of food with a delicious glass of red wine. Great evening celebrating my birthday.Special Features:
- Multiple Return Customercobra427hpDined on 10/4/2014The first time we ate at Killen's I made a reservation with 3 days notice, the next time it took a one week notice to get the date and time we wanted, this time we had to adjust our time to get the day we wanted with 2 weeks notice. Next time I will try 3 weeks notice to get the date and time we want. This is evidence of how great Killen's Steakhouse is. Everything we have tried on the menu with our multiple visits has been GREAT! The wait staff has always been attentive and taken care of our every request.Special Features:
- Finally, a wonderful steakhouse!buckeyefansDined on 10/4/2014We have lived in Texas for six years. We have grown increasingly frustrated that we couldn't find a great steakhouse in Texas of all places. Finally, we have found a steakhouse that rivals our beloved Cameron Mitchell's from up North. The filet had a perfectly seared crust with a "melt in your mouth tender as butter" interior quality. Our server, Jason, was wonderful and made several good suggestions since it was our first visit. Normally, I wouldn't be excited about cream corn but Killen's dish is excellent. The crab cake was very good, too. Next visit, we will try their famous bread pudding. It was well worth the drive to Pearland from The Woodlands. As other reviewers have said, it is nothing fancy on the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Just thought I'd work the name of a great band into the title...but, in fact, it was sublime. Fantastic. Jason was great. New Takuisha (spelling?) Texas Kobe was incredible. Bone in rib eye incredible. Siphon coffee...dare I say it...incredible. Ronnie, day in, day out, your staff murders it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must goLewisDined on 10/2/2014I've been eating at Killen's for 7 years. It has always been very good, but our dinner last Thursday night was the best yet. Kudos to one of the best restaurants in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the hype about?SteakhouseDaddyDined on 10/1/2014Killen's is not a place you go for the quiet, dim lighting, steakhouse ambiance that we are commonly accustomed to. It is notable to say that it is located between a lumber yard and a tire shop so look closely as you approach or you will miss it. The tables are close together spatially and it is loud, even on a Wednesday night. We looked at pieces of raw 100% True Japanese Wagu and it was the most beautiful slab of red meat I have ever seen. It comes with a BIG price tag, so I suggest looking at the menu online before you go. If you are looking for a unique slab of meat and don't mind paying for it, give Killen's a try. But I wouldn't say it's the kind of steakhouse you return to week after week...unless you live close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday outDonandFranDined on 9/30/2014The food was excellent, the service impeccable and considerate, and the wine list interesting and affordable. In particular our waiter respected the wine by adding just enough wine to the glass without slopping it in. The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked. The steak fries were a delight: crispy outside and fluffy inside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014The steaks were not as good as the first we were there 2 months ago. They were blend. Side orders were still very good. The waiter was very good.Special Features:
- Cooked to PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Been to Killen's many times and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- nice find for steak dinneroracle1Dined on 9/27/2014Chef Killen has won numerous solid awards...our meal did not disappoint. The steaks were cooked as ordered. The appetizers and desserts were top shelf. His cream brulet bread pudding was quite special (and we have lived in N'awlins where they KNOW HOW to do both creme brulet and bread pudding). The creamed corn with a red pepper kick was also quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks & Crab Cakes, period.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I am so very impressed with the food. Crab cakes are huge - virtually no breading - with a delicious, buttery sauce that compliments the crab beautifully. The steak was cooked exactly as I requested, an amazing flavor. The steaks are priced from $$$ to $$$$$$. However - when I think about how often I have paid over $30.00 for a steak that was perfectly fine; paying twice that amount for a steak that is absolutely perfect somehow seems totally worth the extra money. As for non-food aspects, the Bartender makes what is probably the best "French 75" cocktail in Houston ... uh ... Pearland. The only downside is the dining room. It is nicely done, but one is never unaware that it appears to be a converted ranch home, with 8 ft. ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steak, Sides and Deserts!JacobVIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I drove all the way to Killen's Steakhouse from Cypress to enjoy a nice dinner on our anniversary. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. We started off with the mesquite pork belly which was mouth watering. I then had a juicy 100% grass fed Ribeye while my wife had a Akaushi filet that melted in your mouth. We got three sides that were all fantastic. The potatoes au gratin, macaroni and cheese, and the broccoli cheese risotto. They were all cheesy and very satisfying. For desert, I had the absolute best carrot cake I have ever eaten. It was so rich and moist! Anyone looking for a meal to satisfy your cravings should definitely try Killen's.Special Features:
- Food is greatKillensDined on 9/26/2014We always make reservations that seem difficult to obtain on a weekend night... but when we arrive there are always open tables (even when reservations indicates no openings) Best steak in Texas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and last time at Killens777jav777Dined on 9/26/2014From arrival to departure Killens was a very expensive experience for the value. Guests are basically forced to use the valet parking. The valets gave us the wrong tag and almost gave us the wrong car when we left. The steaks, admittedly very tasty, weren't worth the amount charged. The crab cake was good. I ordered grilled romaine salad and got an ungrilled salad. I asked the waiter for a filet recommendation telling him that I wanted something different than the ribeye I always order. What I was served was a $65 rib eye which was barely half inch thick. Killens, which came highly recommended by friends was not worth the hour drive and the $235 bill + valet tip. For my next birthday I'll ask my husband to take me back to Houstons.
- Sheila C.SheilaDined on 9/25/2014The food was prepared perfectly and was delicious; but, the evening we were there a LOUD group of 12 in adjoining room ruined our dining experience. Owners need to have an enclosed area for party groups, so they can celebrate without disturbing others.
- Great food but...NoDeucesDined on 9/24/2014I would imagine this place is always packed. It's a small place and the food is great. Unfortunately, tables are packed together in a way that yields bad experiences. In the main dining are there are two two-person tables that are separated by a six inch column. Not ideal for an anniversary. Also, the wait staff seemed under-staffed. Our waiter was fantastic, when he was present. Unfortunately, he had about two tables too many and one of those was a huge, lingering table. The steak selection is great. My wife's filet was a bit overcooked. Medium returned well. She didn't mind, but it ruined the taste of the Wagyu. We may return, but I wouldn't go with less than four, for fear of one of those awful tables.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RpowledgeDined on 9/24/2014Once again we were very pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Sadly we are able to visit and worth all of the driving as all 3 of us love the restaurant and will continue on special occasions. This being my Mom's 86th Birthday and she loves your Filet's, we will be back. Never had a better steak and the baked potato was the best we ever had. Wish it was in our budget to visit more often and I will at some point order the 12 oz filet w/bone. We lucked out with our waiter as he was the best.Special Features:
- TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time as always. There was one table that was way to loud, but it was only one and it has never happened before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitHorsiegirlDined on 9/20/2014First off, I want to say how much I appreciate that the owners have paved the parking lot. We had just had a big rain and on the way I thought to myself that the parking lot would be a mess and I should have worn other shoes, so when I drove up and found the newly paved lot, I was so happy. It was a birthday dinner for my fiancée that we had been looking forward to for several weeks. Our table was ready, we were promptly greeted and the fun began. Our cocktails were delicious and generous, but what I really want to brag about was the steak. I splurged and tried the grass-fed fillet and the birthday boy did the same with another cut. We both love good steak and have been all over the world eating it, but these were special. DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- eat2livDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was a bit slow. Noise level was louder than I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steak!ACSSDined on 9/17/2014This is the almost best kept secret in Houston! I say almost because it is increasingly more difficult to get a table...just goes to show how good the food is, I guess! Oh, and save room for the carrot cake - it is out-of-this-world-good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceKillenDined on 9/17/2014Restaurant is small and tight however the food and service were great. The only issue I really had was the girl who called to confirm our reservation was a bit rude, perhaps management can tell her how to speak to guests. Also only 1 restroom was a headache. I felt like I was at a bar waiting in line for a restroom. Other than that those are my only 2 flaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great placeBlytheDined on 9/17/2014The bar is amazing (the drinks are so spot on), the food is delicious (though I mourn the absence of the beet salad). As a gluten free non-seafood eating girl, a lot of foodie fare is just not on my option list - but Killen's is always delicious and has great gluten-free options or variations. There are few seafood-free apps and those are fried. I'm usually in the cold for apps, and they had the beet salad off the menu for a seasonal watermelon. So I was good and stuck with a steak and side. We each got a NY strip and shared to compare. I regularly recommend Killen's even though it is getting harder to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.