139 East Kilbourn Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kilawatcuisine.com/
- Phone: 4142914793x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Druschitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kil@Wat
Kil@wat is Milwaukee's premier dining destination offering illuminating cuisine in a unique atmosphere. The flexible menu allows for traditional dining as well as tapas-style items that are good for sharing. Located in the InterContinental Milwaukee Hotel, the restaurant is convenient for pre and post theatre dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kil@Wat - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Kil@Wat reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (45)romantic (35)scenic view (32)good for groups (23)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Food. Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014After having a bit of a difficult time with parking, we were pressed for time to make it to the theater after dinner. Without prompting, the wait staff asked if we were going to the theater. The service was attentive and excellent. Without taking shortcuts, they made sure we were well taken care of to make our show. Also, the food was excellent.
- night at the RepOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was very convenient if you are looking for a pre-theatre dinner. They offered a 3 course theatre special although we did not select this. We both had the specials for the evening and thought the food was excellent. I really liked the bread/rolls served, especially the pretzel roll. I would return here again the next time we catch a show at the Rep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is outstandingLives2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014We are regulars at Kil@wat, both for pre concert dinners as well as just for great dining. The food is consistently good, the dining room is never too noisy, but if you are fortunate enough to have Graham as your server, he will make your visit an experience. His attention to detail, attentive to your wants and needs as well as his extensive knowledge of wine and wonderful pairings will have you returning again and again. If you haven't given Kil@wat a try because you thought it was just another hotel restaurant , try it! You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Milwaukee Rep CrowdLittleBobbieDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant completes the trifecta for a great evening - heated under ground parking that ensures weather elements are not a factor, great food in a wonderful setting, finished with world class entertainment at the Milwaukee Repertory Theater. All of this can be enjoyed without setting foot outside on a cold winter's evening. There is no excuse to stay home with this gem in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Recommended for theater goersFredlikestoeatDined on 10/12/2014Great food for before or after theater. We love the chic atmosphere, great servers and food is always well prepared. Kilowatt is always part of our plans when we have tickets to the Rep. We have found the food, service and ambience to always be consistent. We highly recommend this restaurnt. You cannot go wrong and if you are in the mood for a little nostalgia you can even order a Big Boy and a Cherry Coke.Special Features:
- Ok but not greatMazzDaddDined on 10/11/2014We frequent the PAC and thought this would be a good place to try. The restaurant was clean and the staff was polite and our table was waiting for us when we arrived. Pricing was moderate @ $40/person which one would expect @ a downtown restaurant. The food simply was not great. Good spot for the out-of-towner staying @ the InterContinental but we simply expected more. Bottom line, we tried it but we will not be returning.
- Friendly, Tasty!ArcolungoDined on 10/6/2014The entire staff was extremely friendly, professional and very attentive. I had the pork shank, which was incredible! The best I have ever had by far. The portion was very large. I probably could have made two meals out of it. I probably should have. I didn’t. My friend had the Filet Mignon and said that it had excellent flavor and was cooked to his liking. We had a window-side table with a great night view. Nice wine list as well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSouthernbelleDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I always eat here after plays, we have always enjoyed it. Usually the food is very good , but not our last visit. I ordered the whitefish which was tasteless, But when I told the waiter he took it off my bill right away. I understand that this can happen and we will return Because of the service!Special Features:
- ParttimeresidentDined on 10/3/2014Kil@Wat is consistently good. A good place for dinner before the Milwaukee Rep or something at the Marcus Center.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceGSMCEODined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had only eaten at Kil@wat for lunch so we took our college-age son there for supper on Saturday. The hostess and wait staff were friendly and upbeat. The waiter gave us honest recommendations when we asked. The restaurant lighting is beautiful. We love great food and to eat interesting things, but we are not fond of the quiet and solemn "church of food" attitude some fine restaurants have cultivated. If dining can't be fun, with laughter and discussion, one may as well stay at home. Kil@Wat is a fun, interesting place to eat fine food and good wine.Special Features:
- Good pre-show choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Kil@wat is close to several theatres and its staff does a good job accommodating those who are on a schedule. Our service was polite and timely, and our server was able to offer informed recommendations about the menu. We had a roasted beet salad, warm polenta cakes, braised short rib, bacon wrapped dates and a strawberry panna cotta. All were prepared well and very tasty! We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Fantastic ServiceBdestoutDined on 9/24/2014Kendal, a new server, was very prompt and attentive. My guest ordered the fish tacos and LOVED them! She especially loved the avocado salsa. I tried the Blackened Chicken Sandwich with a lime aioli which was also fantastic. Overall a great meal and a great window table. Thank you!Special Features:
- Dependably PleasantRelaxedtouristDined on 9/23/2014We were early-birding it before a concert at the Pabst, and almost had the place to ourselves. You can't count on that happening, we've also come in before shows and found the place bustling, so reservations are a good idea. The service is friendly and attentive, but not obtrusive. They offer a 3-course pre-theatre menu, but we ordered off the regular menu and were in plenty of time. Companion loved her salmon, I enjoyed the braised pork shank, and we both loved the soup of the day, a deliciously spicy cioppino. Waiter brought extra pretzel rolls. Yum. This is a reliable dining choice, and brunch the next morning is a good bet, too. The corned beef hash cannot be beat. If you're at the Intercontinental, order it from room service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BistroDaveHVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very nice Bistro setting within the Intercontinental Hotel. I had a veggie panini which was excellent. Others in my party had salads and reubens. Everyone raved over the tomato basil soup special. Service was excellent. Appeals to all palettes.Special Features:
- Kilowatt pre performance dinnerTortugitaDined on 9/19/2014Your performance 3 course dinners offered great options at an enticing price - a definite value. Gnocchi was good but needed a side of a veggie like spinachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicejleeDined on 9/19/2014Perfect for pre-performance dining in the theatre district. They have a special pre-theatre menu which includes soup or salad, entree and dessert for $30. Great value as the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchBelleDined on 9/12/2014I had the grass fed hamburger and it was one of the best burgers I have ever had. After lunch my dining partner/boss from Chicago told anyone who would listen how excellent the Bean Soup was. To let you know my dining partner (one of my bosses from Chicago) main job seems to be to take people out to lunch so he has dined a hundreds of places. No as for our server. That young man was excellent. He was clean, neat, knowledgeable and very personable. He even took the time talk about different soups with my dining partner (it appears my dining partner is a soup dude). I plan on taking my wife to your place for lunch some day knowing that the food, service, and atmosphere will be excellent.Special Features:
- Nice place in a good locationJamesBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Kil@wat is a very fun restaurant - great decor and location. I liked the food selection and thought my NY Strip was well prepared though not the best cut of meat I've had. The service was excellent. It is a grew location if you want to catch a show at the theatre afterward. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinner spotNancyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great location, walking distance to theaters and concert venues. We had a quiet dinner in the bar on a week night before a concert. We started with the interesting charcuterie platter. The chicken liver mousse was especially good. I enjoyed the gnocchi with fresno chili, tomato-vodka sauce, parmesan cheese. The waiter suggested a Meiomi pinot noir that balanced nicely with the spicy gnocchi. The coconut panne cotta on a thin slice of roasted pineapple was perfect for dessert along with a generous cup of coffee. All in all a great meal in a beautiful downtown spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon hash!!BellaDined on 8/10/2014The best food item to me! No one makes it like Kil@wat!! YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and TheaterteamfunDined on 8/9/2014We had a 6 pm reservation for dinner and a show at the Riverside at 8 pm. Perfect timing, lovely walk to theater along the riverwalk following dinner. It made for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceLegourmandDined on 8/8/2014Our group of four ordered a mix of dishes, including pork, pasta with chicken, and fish. All were well prepared, with balanced and flavorful taste. Menu descriptions were accurate, no surprises when the dishes themselves were served. Salads were fresh and light. Service was amazingly, impressively fast. Didn't feel rushed, but we certainly appreciated being able to dine at our pace rather than that of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Braised Short RibsBound4TucsonDined on 8/8/2014The short ribs were slow cooked and very tender to cut with a fork. Served with sweet potatoes and creamed spinach. Had the roasted beet salad. Great choices along with the Protea red wine for $25 a bottle.Special Features:
- LadyMcBDined on 8/4/2014Food always predictably good. Service very good. Great spot for business lunches.Special Features:
- Poor srviceMIkeDined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately we had a very poor experience at Kil@wat. They seated us in the bar even though we made reservations for the restaurant. They specifically asked us if we were going to a show which we said we were. We arrived 1/2 early to make sure we stayed on schedule and had a drink. We allotted 1 1/4 hours for dinner which they said was fine. It took 45 minutes to get our salad and by the time we got our entree we had 10 minutes to shovel it down. Very disappointing.
- ExcellentsmalltownerDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for the first time prior to seeing Phantom at the Marcus Theater. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. We are from a smaller town so we don't do expensive dinners often but we would make a trip back into Milwaukee for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around solidDavidDined on 8/1/2014I've been to Kil@wat a number of times and never disappoints. Menu has a nice variety of options, nice relaxed ambiance and superior service.Special Features:
- Ready to go before the showGNOblissDined on 7/31/2014We chose Kil@wat for our girls night for its convenience to the theatre and outstanding service. We reviewed the short menu for guaranteed theatre timing but dove into the appetizer menu instead and were delighted with the food, wine and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Incredibly disappointingWallyDined on 7/31/2014Kil@Wat is in a hotel attached to two theaters and across the street from one. They hand you a prix fixe "theater menu" when you walk in. And yet, they seem ill-prepared to handle big crowds. The service is awkward and inconsistent. Just a terrible experience. Won't go back for a long time.
- Another great mealmilwaukeebrianVIPDined on 7/29/2014Kil@Wat is such a great restaurant and often times overlooked among the more well known places. They have among the best salmon in Milwaukee and the quesadilla I had was out of this world. We frequent this restaurant about 3-4 times a year but it's not often enough for how good it is...Special Features:
- Good Meal and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I ate here prior to a show at the Performing Arts Center and were not disappointed. The wine they had on special that night was excellent and the two meals we had were well prepared. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at the IntercontinentalalbanyparkerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Not a typical hotel restaurant, even though located on the 2nd floor of the Intercontinental. We stopped in for brunch, and they have a great variety to choose from for vegetarians. We had the Tofu Scramble, which was nicely spiced, not bland which can sometimes happen. They also have a wonderful fruit plate, with lots of fresh berries. I'd highly recommend. Our waiter (I think his name was Zach), was quick with the coffee, hot water refills. He even offered ideas of what to do in Milwaukee. We will be back the next time we're in town, as their wine list is fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a favorateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We dine here before theater regularly.We are never disappointed. The Ahi Tuna starter is very dependable-perfectly prepared and presented. Grandma's chicken was fantastic. The salmon perfect. Server was professional and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy Kil@Wat, whether for brunch on the weekend, or at other times. Interesting menu and great decor and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing food, service, wine list...nothing short of exceptional. Very pricey though.Special Features:
- first timecountrybumpkinDined on 7/25/2014It was our first time there and we dont live in milwaukee and we are kind of country bumpkins but it was a very nice experience and food was wonderful. Graham was our waiter and he was very nice and explained what wouldtaste good together and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far exceeded expectationsAv8irDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our wedding anniversary dinner at Kil@wat. Using open table reservation system, I indicated it was our anniversary and we were looking forward to a quiet dinner. When we arrived, we were escorted to a quiet table overlooking the Marcus Center. We'd be seeing Phantom of the Opera there, later that evening. The waiter delivered complimentary glasses of champagne and with great detail went over the menu and wine selection. My wife ordered the "Grandma's Chicken", which has been mentioned on TripAdvisor before and I ordered the Pre-Theatre 3 course meal with Bacon Wrapped Dates, A Pork Shank with whipped potatoes and a chocolate dessert. The service, food, atmosphere was perfect for the evening! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MovieproDined on 7/23/2014For $30, their special theater menu is a bargain and tastes good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablegoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014This was my 2nd visit to Kil@Wat. I enjoyed the unique menu choices and presentations the first time and chose it this time for that as well as proximity to Marcus Center for Performing Arts. The pre-theatre menu helped me make a choice in a timely manner and get to theater on time. :-) My short rib choice was extremely well done and tasty. The navy bean soup was slightly different from the usual. Again, tasty, but I thought the fig was misplaced. Service was attentive without being intrusive. I will definitely add it to my list for a future 3rd visit.Special Features:
- Great food, better service.JakeDined on 7/17/2014Beautiful restaurant and atmosphere with a view of the Marcus Center and Red Arrow park. Our waiter, Graham, had phenomenal people skills and exquisite descriptions of the food. Upon return, I will request for him. The food itself was delicious and we were taken very good care of the entire evening.Special Features: