139 East Kilbourn Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kilawatcuisine.com/
- Phone: 4142914793x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Druschitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kil@Wat
Kil@wat is Milwaukee's premier dining destination offering illuminating cuisine in a unique atmosphere. The flexible menu allows for traditional dining as well as tapas-style items that are good for sharing. Located in the InterContinental Milwaukee Hotel, the restaurant is convenient for pre and post theatre dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kil@Wat - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Kil@Wat reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)fit for foodies (37)romantic (37)scenic view (33)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice place in a good locationJamesBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Kil@wat is a very fun restaurant - great decor and location. I liked the food selection and thought my NY Strip was well prepared though not the best cut of meat I've had. The service was excellent. It is a grew location if you want to catch a show at the theatre afterward. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinner spotNancyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great location, walking distance to theaters and concert venues. We had a quiet dinner in the bar on a week night before a concert. We started with the interesting charcuterie platter. The chicken liver mousse was especially good. I enjoyed the gnocchi with fresno chili, tomato-vodka sauce, parmesan cheese. The waiter suggested a Meiomi pinot noir that balanced nicely with the spicy gnocchi. The coconut panne cotta on a thin slice of roasted pineapple was perfect for dessert along with a generous cup of coffee. All in all a great meal in a beautiful downtown spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon hash!!BellaDined on 8/10/2014The best food item to me! No one makes it like Kil@wat!! YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and TheaterteamfunDined on 8/9/2014We had a 6 pm reservation for dinner and a show at the Riverside at 8 pm. Perfect timing, lovely walk to theater along the riverwalk following dinner. It made for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceLegourmandDined on 8/8/2014Our group of four ordered a mix of dishes, including pork, pasta with chicken, and fish. All were well prepared, with balanced and flavorful taste. Menu descriptions were accurate, no surprises when the dishes themselves were served. Salads were fresh and light. Service was amazingly, impressively fast. Didn't feel rushed, but we certainly appreciated being able to dine at our pace rather than that of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Braised Short RibsBound4TucsonDined on 8/8/2014The short ribs were slow cooked and very tender to cut with a fork. Served with sweet potatoes and creamed spinach. Had the roasted beet salad. Great choices along with the Protea red wine for $25 a bottle.Special Features:
- LadyMcBDined on 8/4/2014Food always predictably good. Service very good. Great spot for business lunches.Special Features:
- Poor srviceMIkeDined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately we had a very poor experience at Kil@wat. They seated us in the bar even though we made reservations for the restaurant. They specifically asked us if we were going to a show which we said we were. We arrived 1/2 early to make sure we stayed on schedule and had a drink. We allotted 1 1/4 hours for dinner which they said was fine. It took 45 minutes to get our salad and by the time we got our entree we had 10 minutes to shovel it down. Very disappointing.
- ExcellentsmalltownerDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for the first time prior to seeing Phantom at the Marcus Theater. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. We are from a smaller town so we don't do expensive dinners often but we would make a trip back into Milwaukee for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around solidDavidDined on 8/1/2014I've been to Kil@wat a number of times and never disappoints. Menu has a nice variety of options, nice relaxed ambiance and superior service.Special Features:
- Ready to go before the showGNOblissDined on 7/31/2014We chose Kil@wat for our girls night for its convenience to the theatre and outstanding service. We reviewed the short menu for guaranteed theatre timing but dove into the appetizer menu instead and were delighted with the food, wine and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Incredibly disappointingWallyDined on 7/31/2014Kil@Wat is in a hotel attached to two theaters and across the street from one. They hand you a prix fixe "theater menu" when you walk in. And yet, they seem ill-prepared to handle big crowds. The service is awkward and inconsistent. Just a terrible experience. Won't go back for a long time.
- Another great mealmilwaukeebrianVIPDined on 7/29/2014Kil@Wat is such a great restaurant and often times overlooked among the more well known places. They have among the best salmon in Milwaukee and the quesadilla I had was out of this world. We frequent this restaurant about 3-4 times a year but it's not often enough for how good it is...Special Features:
- Good Meal and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I ate here prior to a show at the Performing Arts Center and were not disappointed. The wine they had on special that night was excellent and the two meals we had were well prepared. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at the IntercontinentalalbanyparkerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Not a typical hotel restaurant, even though located on the 2nd floor of the Intercontinental. We stopped in for brunch, and they have a great variety to choose from for vegetarians. We had the Tofu Scramble, which was nicely spiced, not bland which can sometimes happen. They also have a wonderful fruit plate, with lots of fresh berries. I'd highly recommend. Our waiter (I think his name was Zach), was quick with the coffee, hot water refills. He even offered ideas of what to do in Milwaukee. We will be back the next time we're in town, as their wine list is fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a favorateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We dine here before theater regularly.We are never disappointed. The Ahi Tuna starter is very dependable-perfectly prepared and presented. Grandma's chicken was fantastic. The salmon perfect. Server was professional and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy Kil@Wat, whether for brunch on the weekend, or at other times. Interesting menu and great decor and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing food, service, wine list...nothing short of exceptional. Very pricey though.Special Features:
- first timecountrybumpkinDined on 7/25/2014It was our first time there and we dont live in milwaukee and we are kind of country bumpkins but it was a very nice experience and food was wonderful. Graham was our waiter and he was very nice and explained what wouldtaste good together and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far exceeded expectationsAv8irDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our wedding anniversary dinner at Kil@wat. Using open table reservation system, I indicated it was our anniversary and we were looking forward to a quiet dinner. When we arrived, we were escorted to a quiet table overlooking the Marcus Center. We'd be seeing Phantom of the Opera there, later that evening. The waiter delivered complimentary glasses of champagne and with great detail went over the menu and wine selection. My wife ordered the "Grandma's Chicken", which has been mentioned on TripAdvisor before and I ordered the Pre-Theatre 3 course meal with Bacon Wrapped Dates, A Pork Shank with whipped potatoes and a chocolate dessert. The service, food, atmosphere was perfect for the evening! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MovieproDined on 7/23/2014For $30, their special theater menu is a bargain and tastes good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablegoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014This was my 2nd visit to Kil@Wat. I enjoyed the unique menu choices and presentations the first time and chose it this time for that as well as proximity to Marcus Center for Performing Arts. The pre-theatre menu helped me make a choice in a timely manner and get to theater on time. :-) My short rib choice was extremely well done and tasty. The navy bean soup was slightly different from the usual. Again, tasty, but I thought the fig was misplaced. Service was attentive without being intrusive. I will definitely add it to my list for a future 3rd visit.Special Features:
- Great food, better service.JakeDined on 7/17/2014Beautiful restaurant and atmosphere with a view of the Marcus Center and Red Arrow park. Our waiter, Graham, had phenomenal people skills and exquisite descriptions of the food. Upon return, I will request for him. The food itself was delicious and we were taken very good care of the entire evening.Special Features:
- vodilDined on 7/9/2014Nice surroundings; good staff. A few interesting entries.Special Features:
- Brunch bunchDinefineDined on 7/6/2014We were looking for a place in downtown Milwaukee to meet out-of-town friends for brunch and a friend suggested kil@wat. It was perfect. The food and service were excellent. And, best of all, it was quiet enough in the restaurant to have a conversation. Even with a fairly full dining area, we did not have to raise our voices to be heard, nor were we seated so close to other diners we would find hearing their conversations unavoidable. An excellent choice for those who like to dine on good conversation as well as good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch awesome but operation...hmmmz726bethVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is the second time we've been to Kilowat for brunch and our experience has been the same both times - that the prices and food are amazing but there is always something that slows things down. The first time we were slow to be attended to, and the second time we were attended to promptly but then our food was slow to come out - which was fine since there were 5 of us and we just chatted for the extra time. Kilowat really needs to iron out their operational difficulties, which are really unexpected at an Intercontinental. But as long as you know in advance you're likely to lose an extra twenty minutes at some point then we highly recommend Kilowat for brunch as the food and prices and decor are all wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2014This was surprisingly delicious. We've stayed at this hotel many times and never had the dinner, just breakfast. The appetizers, salads and entrees were all fantastic. Our waiter was very informed re beverages and food. Will definitely eat dinner there again. We had gnocchi, beet salad, chicken.Special Features:
- Almost Great...LoveBirdsDined on 7/4/2014Through good reviews, we made dinner reservations for a romantic dinner for Sat night 7:45 PM. We were seated right away. The decor was a relaxed modern but surprised that the menu was a piece of cheap and cafeteria-like paper (didn't match the ambiance or the PRICE of the food). Appetizers - pan seared scallops (VERY salty) on mushroom risotto (delicious) I ordered the filet mignon ($$$) and it melted like butter in my mouth. (worth it) My wife had the short rib (disappointed that it was like roast beef and gravy from a deli, however, she loved the tree-tini). Our romantic dinner was interrupted with the staff setting up for brunch. With dishes being set the entire time, it was hard to enjoy the moment and/or pay the $$$ bill!Special Features:
- Kil@watDblejDined on 7/4/2014We had a fabulous dinner at kil@wat during our stay at the Intercontinetal. The food was exceptional as well as the service. We will certainly return to the restaurant but will not be returning to stay at the Intercontinetal hotel the restaurant is located in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-concert perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014I was surprised that we were the only people in the restaurant on a friday evening - although we arrived a few minutes early for a 6 pm reservation. I was also disappointed when I asked about the dessert menu before ordering my meal and found that they were out of the item I wanted. But as my mom says, "it wasn't the last supper" and it was perfect for a pre-concert meal. Ee had a lovely table, and a very good, relaxing meal and a short walk to the milwaukee theatre to see a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Kil@wat never disappoints. Perfect for business lunches or dinners with friends before a show. Service is excellent and the food is reasonably priced and of high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereGreatAdventureDined on 6/9/2014Loved the atmosphere and vibe. We enjoyed the Downtown Dining Deal that was being offered so it was a great sampling if their fare. Would definitely return for another try at the usual entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Dining2for6Dined on 6/6/2014We made reservations to have dinner before going to the symphony. Overall, we enjoyed a very nice dining experience at the restaurant. We have eaten at Kil@Wat on several prior occasions and have always had very good food and excellent service. The location is great for heading out after dinner to enjoy night life in downtown Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kil@wat doesn't disappointMD51Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at Kil@wat prior to attending a concert. Food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Downtown DiningsuzieqDined on 6/6/2014Several co-workers and I visited Kil@Wat during Downtown Dining Week, and truly enjoyed it! Had the nostalgic Big Boy burger, which was so huge, we had to take 1/2 of it back to work with us. We even took a carry-out for a co-worker who could not join us. Nice, clean ambiance - always love cloth napkins and a lovely place-setting presentation. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Downtown GemoakleafyesDined on 6/5/2014Lovely array of options, including vegetarian ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I Don't Get...BeaJVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our individual dishes from the Soup du Jour to the Skirt Steak salad and everything ordered in between were quite flavorful. The food is not the issue, nor is the beautiful decor and ambiance. But, what I don't get is why restaurants on Open Table offer a last reservation so close to the kitchen's closing time? We arrived at 9:45p for the 9:45p time slot chosen only to be greeted with "our kitchen closes at 10p". In other words, make it quick-order (even though you've never been here before and don't know the menu-because we're all ready to go home. I get it, but it really makes the first impression a difficult experience to navigate and all the other wonderful details (even the meal(s)) becomes a blur.Special Features:
- great dinnerworldtravelerDined on 5/31/2014This was a return visit to a restaurant that can be relied upon to have great food and great service. They did not disappoint on this visit. There were some changes to the menu, but still many of our favorites were there. Our meals included the seared salmon, pasta and Grandma's chicken. Everything was done to perfect. We tried the banana tiramisu for dessert and it did not disappoint. It was a nice blend of flavors. We shall return.Special Features:
- Convenient and DeliciousTobbaVIPDined on 5/30/2014When going to the Rep or Pabst it's a convenient and delicious choice of restaurants. Window seating is desirable if available. Wait staff is always accommodating and pleasant. Choice of appetizers is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014Convenient, friendly and accommodating staff. Great food and drink! Will definitely go again prior to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.