Kiko Japanese, Thai Restaurant & Sake Bar
801 South University DR. C 112
Plantation, FL 33324Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kiko Japanese, Thai Restaurant & Sake Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kikorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9544730077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Richard Huang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: we cater all kinds of events, sushi chef ,sushi display cooler case available to the site, we can provide what need at reasonable price
- Entertainment: Monday, Wednesday---sake night 2 for 1
Tuesday, Thursday----beer night 2 for 1
Saturday ----sakitini night 2 for 1
Once a month sake tasting party (reservation bonsaikiko club member only) we only provide top of line sake
A word from Kiko Japanese, Thai Restaurant & Sake Bar
Kiko Sushi and Thai restaurant and Sake Bar offers an exciting menu of traditional Japanese sushi and Thai dishes. Specializing in a variety of imported and local caught fish. Qualified chefs create delicious plates of wahoo, snapper, yellowtail, salmon, tuna, and seasonal specials that include toro, jumbo oyster, and sea urchin. Sun Sentinel food critic Judith Stocks said "The difference between acceptable sushi and sushi you can"t wait to try again is made clear here." Also excellent Thai dishes include favorites such as Lobster Pad Thai and Green Curry. Luxurious, modern surroundings cater to seating at the sushi bar to watch the action or relaxing comfortably in a private booth. The Sake bar offers a wide variety of beer, wine, hot and cold sake, and handcrafted saketinis. Visit Plantation's hidden secret and discover for yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kiko Japanese, Thai Restaurant & Sake Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- HORRIBLE!RuthDined on 6/20/2014THE FISHE IS FRESH FROZEN.....REALLY!!!!!!!! EVERYONE RECEIVED THEIR FOOD AT DIFFERENT TIMES. THEY ARE ALL OVER YOU TO ORDER AND THEN CANNOT SERVE YOU TOGETHER. I ASKED WHAT WAS FRESH AND SHE TOLD ME ALL OF THE SEAFOOD IS FRESH FROZEN. THE EVENING WAS ABOUT THE COMPANY CERTAINLY NOT ABOUT THE FOODSpecial Features:
- first time: great experiencefoodlover12Dined on 5/8/2014Heard very mixed reviews on Kiko's service, so was a bit apprehensive, but no issues at all during our visit - a very nice experience. We were right on time for our reservation and our table was ready immediately. Service was attentive, prompt and cordial; sushi was fresh, the booth was roomy and comfortable. We made a reservation...I'd recommend doing so, as I was surprised to see the restaurant busy even on a Thursday night (in May after season) and we would have been waiting, had we just walked in. It can get a bit loud...but we were seated near a large, very boisterous group, so the noise level was particularly "energetic" that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Kiko Japanese, Thai Restaurant & Sake Bar reviews archive.
- must goweimfamDined on 2/18/2014If you love japanese and thai food this is a restaurant you should visit. Our appetizers and main course were very good. We tried three pepper spice and it was very spicy, Perfect for me! Loved it! The service could not have been better. The abience is very pleasant. Everyone was very friendly and wanted to make us happy. We will definately go again and we will recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!dirty30Dined on 2/16/2014I had a dinner party for my dirty thirty with 25 people ..... the drinks,food, service, accommodation was amazing .Everyone was happy.My dinner was a success .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service leaves a lot to be desiredtmwoodDined on 1/31/2014If you want great food, this is the place. If you want unprofessional, sub-par, inexperienced wait staff , this is also the place. It looks like the hostess is also the bartender , who is also a server, who is also a menu-gatherer and order taker. Everyone is running around doing a little bit of everything, but nothing done well. Been there twice and when I checked in with the hostess it was as if it were her first night- and it wasn't the same girl. The sushi is outstanding, so if you're tolerant of really bad service it's worth goingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great night at Kiko'sCanadianDelegationDined on 1/15/2014A great evening filled with laughter, fun, sake and excellent food! Outstanding sushi... lobster lava, smiling Mona Lisa with generous portions and beautiful presentation. J. Lohrs red wine which is excellent is available at a reasonable price. Young inexperienced waitress was the only downside. She got help from Annie, the Manager who is outgoing and very efficient. One of our family's favorite restaurant in Florida.Special Features:
- Basic sushi in an upscale locationNvizbleVIPDined on 12/7/2013Nothing really special, but you won't be disaapointed. Comfortable and upscale atmosphere with a full sushi menu. No bar, terrible wine selection, but adequate beer and awesome sake selections.Special Features:
- what happened...?anonymousfoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2013we showed up for a birthday dinner for four people at 7:15 and were promptly seated. By 7:45 we still had not ordered and by 8:15 we left, having received water and ice tea only. we asked for the manager to come to our table at 7:45 but she never came by (and was on the phone when we walked out). yes, we told them why we were leaving; no one seemed to care. (we overheard two other tables asking for the manager, too). an off night? Maybe, but a good manager should have followed us out to apologize, at the very least!
- BEST JAPANESE THAI IN PLANTATION FLAndyDined on 9/1/2013This is our favourite place to dine and we just can't get enough of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2013Love this joint. Servers check on you but not over intrusive. Sushi is alway fresh. Curry is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi & thai food, too!5fuzzy5VIPDined on 6/14/2013Discovered this restaurant only a few months before moving away from Plantation. Expect a long wait for table, even with reservation. The food is excellent, but you will wait a long time for it to arrive, so the wait is worth it as long as you are not in a hurry. Open Table reservations often are not registered, acknowledged, or mishandled, so points earned are not added to your account total without dogged follow up directly with restaurant. After needing to follow up this way after two dining experiences, and failing to follow up on two subsequent dining experiences, I just stopped using Open Table to make the reservation (Open Table take note).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery! I have lived5fuzzy5VIPDined on 6/3/2013Great discovery! I have lived within walking distance of this restaurant for almost 8 months and finally had an opportunity to try it out w/ family visiting from out of town. Excellent selection of sushi and sashimi beautifully presented & fantastic Thai curries as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best sushieggbertDined on 5/10/2013Have been going to kiko for the past two years and always a great experince. Friendly staff and very knowlegable of menu. A real gem in Plantation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing on the menu is bad,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2013Nothing on the menu is bad, always a good choice !Special Features:
- Tokyo Tower best thing onmermailDined on 4/20/2013Tokyo Tower best thing on the menu. Waitresses always have a smile. Sushi always very fresh.Special Features:
- Excellence all round...sheaverDined on 3/23/2013The ambiance and service simply add to the excellent selection and quality of food at this great place. Mid week it is very quiet and great to go to for romance or just small talk with others. At the weekend it really picks up and always has good clientele. The Massaman curry is outstanding....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good services.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great food. Good services. Bar selection was excellentSpecial Features:
- Everything was great!! Wedkb0011Dined on 2/23/2013Everything was great!! We went for two family birthdays. Our server was extremely attentive, and gave us a private chop sticks lesson! The manager even stopped by to check on us. The food is fantastic, from the appetizers to the dessert!! Also, Saturdays are two for one Saketinis, which are definitely worth a try. Great ambiance and food, we had a fantastic time!!!Special Features:
- Food is good but service continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2013Food is good but service continues to be poor. Definitely don't have enough help on their busy nights.Special Features:
- Make sure to order the TokyomermailDined on 2/7/2013Make sure to order the Tokyo Tower - best thing on the menu!Special Features:
- The interior is beautiful....veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013The interior is beautiful....very quiet and nicely done. The food was good, not extraordinary as I had hoped.Special Features:
- No need to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2013My husband and I went for lunch. It was still early so they were seating everyone on one side of the restaurant. However the booth behing us had a young child who was screaming and talking loud. We asked to move to the other side so we can hear ourselves talk and although the girl did move us it was not without a big sigh. I ordered a bloody mary which all the ingredients are listed on the menu and when I said there is no worschester sauce in it they said they didnt have any. My husband ordered a beer on tap and they were out of that also. He ordered another kind and when he went to order his 2nd they were out of this one too! The sushi was great but very pricey which probably would have been o.k. had the rest of experience been good tooSpecial Features:
- Great food! But, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Great food! But, the service is always very slow--so be prepared for that, especially if you're ordering drinks. It takes quite awhile to receive even a beer let alone a mixed cocktail.
- You walk into Kiko and youOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/5/2012You walk into Kiko and you feel like you could be on south beach, the food is amazing, high quality and service is excelent! Great find!Special Features:
- Brought visiting of town familyBarbDined on 11/21/2012Brought visiting of town family members and in town family members for dinner - We sat in a roomy booth in a quite area - great for catching up! Several in my group had dined at Kiko's before, numerous times, and we got really lucky because they had the "green tea brulee" as a desert that evening! My granddaughter left her bag containing her diabetes supplies there by accident and we didn't realize it until later in the evening. We called Kiko's (they had just closed) to see if they had the bag and they graciously waited for us to come back and pick it up. Excellent food and Service!Special Features:
- Kikos Service MUCH improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/13/2012The food at Kikos is always amazing. However, lately their service has finally caught up to expectations. You simply will not find a better dining experience for the price!Special Features:
- Restaurant is a winner, yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Restaurant is a winner, your reservation system is not.No reservation was on hand upon arrival...but thanks for the Confirmation number!Please remove my name from your contacts.Special Features:
- Sushi always inventive andmermailDined on 10/30/2012Sushi always inventive and fresh. Tokyo Tower best thing on menu!Special Features:
- Great Food, Service but One Slip-UpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2012Everything was great except that they gave me the wrong appetizer. However, the issue was not the different appetizer, which was delicious. It was the fact that they tried to put the appetizer on the bill. I ordered a good amount of food/drinks, but regardless your mistake should equal you eating the cost.
- As always the food was freshHockeyma74Dined on 10/24/2012As always the food was fresh and delicious! The service was a bit slow but that was due to only 1 waitress working every table.Special Features:
- Fresh, great food!Hockeyma74Dined on 10/12/2012This is a great restaurant, has very fresh shushi and a great drink list. The servers are all friendly and the manager is visable always making sure your dining expierence is enjoyable.Special Features:
- delicious outing with fantasticmarkdm3VIPDined on 8/30/2012delicious outing with fantastic sushi and thai. Favorites have to be the fried rice and crunchy tuna rollSpecial Features:
- Good food, slow service.FrequentDinerDined on 8/17/2012I am from out of town and google maps sent me the wrong direction, so I ended up extremely lost. Not Kiko's fault obviously. They were pretty patient guiding me in, but I was then 45 minutes late for my lunch appointment. Instead of promptly taking our order, the staff was very slow the entire meal. I thought they forgot about us completely a couple of times. After 1.5 hours we had to search 4 someone 4 our check. It wasn't horrible, just very, very slow & not accommodating to the situation. The service just was not what I'd expect from a restaurant of this caliber. The food? Can't even remember because I was too focused on trying to chase someone down to order, get a check, etc. I'm not that picky, it just wasn't that good.
- We had the KIKO ribs as anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012We had the KIKO ribs as an appetizer, 2 tiny 3 inch ribs for $8.00!! Too sweet. Salad was tiny. My husband ordered Boat for One and he liked it and he said it was plenty of food for him (he is 78). It consisted of 6 pieces of Shisimi and the rest was sushi...for $25.00 a bit much. Could have gotten the same sushi at the local Asian Buffett for $9.00. So basically, he paid $16.00 for the 6 pieces of shisimi. I ordered spicey spiced seafood and it was WAY too soy saucey (salty)! I was disappointed in our meal.
- I always enjoy my meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012I always enjoy my meal at Kiko's. For a neighborhood restuarant is is a great choice. Their sushi rolls are creative and delicious. My children love the Thai food choices.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in the middleFrequentDinerDined on 6/30/2012Great restaurant in the middle of Plantation. Both the sushi and Thai are great and the sake selection is unbeatable.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/30/2012Very nice restaurant with excellent food. You need a reservation because this place is very busy. You really can't go wrong with anything in this place.Special Features:
- Go there once...had enough.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012The menu is confusing...just one or two things on the menu is exciting...boring.
- One of the best Shushi placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012One of the best Shushi places around the area. We used to go to a different place but from now on we'll go to Kiko.Special Features:
- Delicious as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012This is my second time visiting Kiko's and the food was just as delicious as I remembered from the first occasion. Truly my favorite Japanese Restaurant. The fried cheesecake and ice cream was absolutely delicious!Special Features: