Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
181 Bay Street - BCE Place
Toronto, ON M5J 2T3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
JapanesePrice: CAN$51 and over
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kijapanese.com/
- Phone: (416) 308-5888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday; Dinner: Monday - Saturday; Bar: Monday - Friday: Daily & Nightly, Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: http://www.kijapanese.com/faq-private.html
A word from Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
ki modern Japanese & bar offers an interesting contemporary menu of Sushi, Japanese small plates, & fabulous shared entrees. A brilliant, cutting edge design incorporates a high profile bar & lounge area, 2 raised dining rooms & Toronto's most dynamic Sushi Bar. ki also offers 3 dramatic private dining areas for groups of 8 to 30 guests & an outdoor bar & patio space on 1 of Toronto's most influential streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)good for groups (67)special occasion (61)great for lunch (54)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (51)romantic (37)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014We really enjoyed the food and service and as a bonus, the restaurant was filled with athletes and stars. Very cool place. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMinxieDined on 11/14/2014My friend & spent a night out on a Friday evening. The food was great and the staff were superb. We are definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchSamniDined on 11/13/2014Took 2 new employees to Ki. The place was decorated tastefully, with many various seating arrangements. Orders included the chefs sushi platter and bento boxes. I had the sushi plattter, and it was a mix of sashimi and sushi (16 pieces). The sushi and sashimi were both both fresh and extremely tasty. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadMary6Dined on 11/11/2014Would consider myself a regular at Ki for years. This past visit was underwhelming with very poor service. They don't seem to have same staff, poorly trained and not great at checking in. Mour bill could have been doubled.Special Features:
- Ki - a FavCotsDined on 11/8/2014Ki is a favourite for business lunches and special occasions. It is a bit expensive but well worth it. Amazing food. The Miso Chowder and Pork Belly are truly outstanding while all of the shasimi stand out as fresh and delicious. The Sake was a highlight as the manager certified sake expert helped us truly understand this beverage and turned non drinkers into fans. Best night out with friends in a long long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning combinations of flavoursBatting1000Dined on 11/3/2014We based our dining decision on a previous review that had the words "Fabio" and "teamwork" in the same sentence. We figured we can't go wrong, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter and manager were extremely knowledgable about the food they served, and their passion was evident. Anyone who loves to talk about the food they serve is a class act, and the food exceeded even their recommendations. An amazing combination of tastes on every dish! We ate for 2.5 hours, and felt amazing at the end of the evening.Special Features:
- quality sushi and timely servicebaystreetFoodieDined on 10/28/2014timely service that responded to our need to leave by a certain time to make it to another event. Quality sushi with some twists...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodKphjrVIPDined on 10/22/2014The environment is quite unique for a Toromto restaurant and the small alcoves / dining areas add privacy and intimacy as opposed to large open plan. The food, while Japanese in origin, is a modern form and therefore feels more international. Very worthwhile and people are always impressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Great choice of creative Sushie on the menu.... very fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- Delish!CristinaDined on 10/18/2014I made a reservation on a Saturday night when there was an concert at the ACC. The restaurant was very busy and we had to wait a bit to be seen at our table. Our waitress was very apologetic and after that very small hiccup my guest and I were thoroughly impressed by the service! The sushi was amazing, the wine was perfectly paired, and the staff were knowledgeable. After not even having to mention our small wait, they even took care of our dessert on the house! It's the small gestures that really made the dinner a hit :)Special Features:
- ALH63Dined on 10/18/2014We had an excellent meal - the food, servie and ambience were all excellent. Favorite dishes were the popcorn shrimp and beef tataki.Special Features:
- TeamworkSammyMacVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fabio and his team operate like a well-oiled machine. Every customer is attended to, every water glass is filled, every plate is cleared exactly when it is supposed to be. The food is consistently delicious & served with pride. Our server was extremely knowledgeable & happy to mentor his co-workers. Great to see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi downtownSooJayyDined on 10/15/2014Great spot for a sushi lunch. We had the chefs selection platter and it was all excellent! I reccommend the butter fish and the spicy scallop.Special Features:
- Good food, service slow and absentTTRKVIPDined on 10/14/2014Good food, but our service was slow and the food took forever to come.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/14/2014Loved everything about it. A bit pricey, but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensivecdrainDined on 10/9/2014...for what we ate (although fresh and delicious) the bill was ridiculous!Special Features:
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014I love coming here. Not the cheapest Sushi spot, but they have lots of other great Japanese plates as well, and their sushi is amazing. Great ambiance, great cocktails, great service.Special Features:
- AmazungAshdbVIPDined on 10/4/2014Always amazing, never fails to go above and beyond my expectations. My wife & I are frequent visitors to Ki. The sushi is amazing, each plate was fresh and lite. My wife ordered a drink from the bar, thought it had too much alcohol and the manager brought over more Apple juice for the drink. I would def. Recommend Ki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LishybearDined on 10/4/2014My daughter and I returned to Ki during a getaway in Toronto- it again was an awesome dining experience, made even better by server Mackenzie. Our favourite sushi rolls were the tempura butterfish ones!! Whenever we head to Toronto, Ki is our dining destination.Special Features:
- deliciousjosofineDined on 10/1/2014Great food. Great service. Will go back. But not so soon, it's kind of pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicexx25986Dined on 9/24/2014It took way too long for our food to arrive, some ppl in the party had to go before the food came. Over 1hr wait for food isn't acceptable, especially when you are serving the busy downtown core for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014I've been here many times and always really enjoyed it, but this time the restaurant really let me down. Service was slow and waiter was kind of passive-aggressive...but I could live with that if the food was top notch. While the food was nicely prepared and tasty both my daughter and I were ill afterwards. The only common denominator for us was was this restaurant.
- loved the foodsushi4meDined on 9/15/2014i enjoy sushi & sashimi - this brought it to another level. Had a great interaction with our group and our server. Definitely coming back for another round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Impeccable service with lots of attention. Our server was able to match our pallet to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysReerahVIPDined on 9/10/2014Wow - what a busy time to go! Booked a 12:15 reservation, and it was packed. Didn't seem like many people were seated at 1, so going to try to go at 1 next time. BUT - that being said, orders came out in a timely fashion, and the food was, as usual, AMAZING. Ki is my friend & my monthly lunch spot because we are addicted to the tuna & salmon on crispy rice cakes - they've been amazing the last 5 years!Special Features:
- Very Good Food, Slow ServiceFrankDined on 9/9/2014Food was very good, as usual. Service was disappointingly slow. It was busy, but the server was slow and did not seem like he was concerned about food delivery time, which is an absolute must for a short, working lunch. My meal took 30 minutes to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceCarlosRHZDined on 9/5/2014My wife's only dining request to celebrate her birthday was "really good sushi" and Ki delivered specatularly. Sabi, our waiter, made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. When he deftly surmized we were celebrating a birthday he and the staff at Ki pulled out all the stops to make my wife feel special and accomodated. That on top of some of the finest sushi I've ever had. The appetizers were both unique and a pleasure. We will surely be celebrating future birthdays and special occassions there with keen anticipation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate with groupLN18Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed our birthday celebration very much. The service was attentive, well paced and friendly. The good was delicious. Just be warned - it's very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm, recent decline?foodielovieDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Ki's a few times now. The most recent time I went I was unimpressed by the food quality I received. Almost every dish we ate wasn't prepared as good as it was in the past. I hate to say it but I think Ki's is slipping downhill, they must have lost a few talented people in the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend going their to my friends anymore unless they make some upgrades to their kitchen staff.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceTennisfanDined on 8/19/2014Service very disappointing for the first time ever at Ki.Special Features:
- Love this placeLoCalDined on 8/12/2014Have not come across a server or bartender here who is not ready, willing and able to provide service beyond reproach. The food is terrific - I always have to add their bistro shrimp to whatever we order, it's that good. The patio is very comfortable and covered. Will be back again and again.Special Features:
- service is too slowVivianVIPDined on 8/8/2014we waited for more than 30 minutes and nobody come to greet and serve water!!! we asked the server she said she will come and another 10 minutes! we sat at patio really badSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014this is great Japanese food in an atmosphere conducive to business or pleasure. I have had lunch and dinner here and i love the place. Reasonable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your clients!GlobalFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Ki never ceases to be my go to place for entertaining international clients. The service is exceptional. The Sake Sommelier provides a wonderful education. The food is fresh, creative and delicious. We are never rushed. I've stopped ordering from the menu and let the chef surprise us ! It's a great spot before and after the hockey- baseball game. The valet service makes it an easy spot to leave the car. The bar is vibrant and great for post game libations!Special Features:
- soogoiDined on 8/2/2014Service was excellent. We were with 2 family members from Tokyo, who spoke highly of the variety of the menu and the quality of dishes. The one drawback was that both of our guest spoke Japanese and would have liked to talk to someone in that language as they discussed dishes, even though one is of Caucasian Canadian heritage and the other was a native Japanese citizen. The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the sharing of dishes and the ambiance of the outside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KFC1KFC1VIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently great with respect to food, service and ambience ... also has a notable Saki list which can be great to explore at dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food and service and ambience are all very good but the price is extremely high compared to other restaurants downtown. I would estimate that it is about 50% more expensive than other similar resaturants. I ill not be eating at Ki again.
- A little wornCorinaVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food and wine are always great. The interior is beginning to look shabby. The sofa in the women's washroom looks so worn and filthy that I wouldn't touch it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business luncheonBizLunchDined on 7/23/2014We have been at Ki a few times for customer business luncheons, and it never disappoints! High quality sushi in a great setting, topped with excellent service.Special Features:
- The following 770 reviews are from the Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews archive.
- mmmpppDined on 7/21/2014YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSpecial Features: