Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
181 Bay Street - BCE Place
Toronto, ON M5J 2T3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
JapanesePrice: CAN$51 and over
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kijapanese.com/
- Phone: 4163085888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday; Dinner: Monday - Saturday; Bar: Monday - Friday: Daily & Nightly, Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: http://www.kijapanese.com/faq-private.html
A word from Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
ki modern Japanese & bar offers an interesting contemporary menu of Sushi, Japanese small plates, & fabulous shared entrees. A brilliant, cutting edge design incorporates a high profile bar & lounge area, 2 raised dining rooms & Toronto's most dynamic Sushi Bar. ki also offers 3 dramatic private dining areas for groups of 8 to 30 guests & an outdoor bar & patio space on 1 of Toronto's most influential streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (60)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (47)romantic (45)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (19)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Hmmm, recent decline?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Ki's a few times now. The most recent time I went I was unimpressed by the food quality I received. Almost every dish we ate wasn't prepared as good as it was in the past. I hate to say it but I think Ki's is slipping downhill, they must have lost a few talented people in the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend going their to my friends anymore unless they make some upgrades to their kitchen staff.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceTennisfanDined on 8/19/2014Service very disappointing for the first time ever at Ki.Special Features:
- service is too slowVivianVIPDined on 8/8/2014we waited for more than 30 minutes and nobody come to greet and serve water!!! we asked the server she said she will come and another 10 minutes! we sat at patio really badSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014this is great Japanese food in an atmosphere conducive to business or pleasure. I have had lunch and dinner here and i love the place. Reasonable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your clients!GlobalFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Ki never ceases to be my go to place for entertaining international clients. The service is exceptional. The Sake Sommelier provides a wonderful education. The food is fresh, creative and delicious. We are never rushed. I've stopped ordering from the menu and let the chef surprise us ! It's a great spot before and after the hockey- baseball game. The valet service makes it an easy spot to leave the car. The bar is vibrant and great for post game libations!Special Features:
- soogoiDined on 8/2/2014Service was excellent. We were with 2 family members from Tokyo, who spoke highly of the variety of the menu and the quality of dishes. The one drawback was that both of our guest spoke Japanese and would have liked to talk to someone in that language as they discussed dishes, even though one is of Caucasian Canadian heritage and the other was a native Japanese citizen. The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the sharing of dishes and the ambiance of the outside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KFC1KFC1Dined on 7/30/2014Consistently great with respect to food, service and ambience ... also has a notable Saki list which can be great to explore at dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food and service and ambience are all very good but the price is extremely high compared to other restaurants downtown. I would estimate that it is about 50% more expensive than other similar resaturants. I ill not be eating at Ki again.
- A little wornCorinaVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food and wine are always great. The interior is beginning to look shabby. The sofa in the women's washroom looks so worn and filthy that I wouldn't touch it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business luncheonBizLunchDined on 7/23/2014We have been at Ki a few times for customer business luncheons, and it never disappoints! High quality sushi in a great setting, topped with excellent service.Special Features:
- Great Food!AMBIANCEDined on 7/21/2014My niece and I were at your restaurant 2 days ago. We checked out your menu online and decided that we would try out your restaurant in spite of many who told us about Guu. So glad we chose Ki as the food was outstanding and the service excellent. Will definitely visit again on a special ocassion.Special Features:
- Wonderful!AlliVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food had great flavor without being too salty. Service was great. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itphoneDined on 7/18/2014This is the fourth time we've been here and the fourth time we have been impressed. We love this restaurant so much that when we come to Toronto we make an effort to come here. The service is always professional and impressive. As we have mentioned in another review, the restaurant keeps track of your visits. When we arrived, the hostess brought us compliamentary glasses of champagne and a card to congratulate us on our anniversary. It is the details that often make a good restaurant amazing. Ki is definitely amazing. The food itself again, was fantastic. The sushi was well made and delicious. The presentation beautiful. I would be shocked if you did not find the food here to be of high quality and delicious. Stop reading. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceStineyGDined on 7/15/2014The staff and food is amazing! They made great recommendations and every dish was fantastic. Not my first time and not my last time here!Special Features:
- GigiDined on 7/12/2014Alysia our bartender and server was amazing, very helpful and knowledgable. The place has a great lively vibe!Special Features:
- KoanneJatesDined on 7/10/2014We were warmly welcomed by our hostess, Brittany. We were then promptly and courteously ushered to our table by Fabio where our server Tapash was waiting with warm handtowels for my guest and myself. Excellent and attentive service by Tapash, and very enjoyable food served for lunch. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ki is more than sushiHumbergurDined on 7/9/2014Excellent business lunch setting. There is something for both sushi and non sushi fans. The seafood special - the black cod - was cooked to perfection and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBobandCoVIPDined on 7/7/2014Excellent food and service. Sabin provided impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Great food, great service. Its definitely a more North American take on Sushi though. If you want a more Japanese experience this might not be the place for you.
- Enjoy ourselvesJade38VIPDined on 6/28/2014Went there for dinner before a concert. Enjoyed their Miso Chowder, Glazed Chicken skewers, and Black Cod. Dynamite rolls and Spicy Tuna rolls were average. Beef Short Ribs were tough. Deserts Menu was uninspiring but they let us order Green Tea Ice Cream which was not on the menu. They got rid of the Trio of Cheesecake which was our favourite. Service was prompt and efficient. Enjoy our dinner though it was a bit pricey and portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KoanneJatesDined on 6/24/2014Best martinis, best food, and best service in the city. Never had a disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary treattastyDined on 6/21/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary and the service and food were, as always, exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Center of EverythingiOnlySpeakTheTruthDined on 6/18/2014Every time I am in Toronto, I go to Ki. I learned about it as a recommendation from a friend. It's in the center of all the good places to be, the food is phenomenal, and the service is excellent. Can't get any better than this.Special Features:
- positive eating experiencemonalisaDined on 6/12/2014I will visit again. Nice ambience, professional service, good food, good presentation. Comfortable tables, chairs are made for taller people...good lighting. It was my first visit, I will be back for lunch or dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findJSF22VIPDined on 6/9/2014KI is consistently excellent and enjoyable. It offers highly authentic and exceptional upscale Japanese cuisine, along with top quality sushi and sashimi, in a beautiful room with a lovely staff. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaystastyDined on 6/4/2014A favorite location that never disappoints. Service, food and location all fantastic. Continue to highly recommend.Special Features:
- Ash V.AshVDined on 5/27/2014I go to Ki fairly regularly; I went there to take my wife for our 9th wedding anniversary since she had not been there. She loved the food. They really know how to treat you well. At the end of the meal, they brought out desert (on them) and gave us a hand written anniversary card. Great restaurant, I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Good but not Great as beforeangelcakesVIPDined on 5/12/2014The Miso chowder used to call to me. It was just greasy this time around and missing that wow factor. Something's changed but i just can't pinpoint what. Server was nice.
- Outstanding ServiceOutstandingDined on 5/10/2014I dined with my daughters before our 10K Sporting Life run the next morning and the server was outstanding - his recommendations were right on the money as my one daughter cannot have seafood or raw fish - the cucumber, avocado, wasabi dish was just like he said - all different flavours hitting you at different times! He also was very good at just ordering us the perfect amount of food. Third time at Ki and still loving it!Special Features:
- One of my favorite places to eatReviewsDined on 5/9/2014The food is excellent and the ambience is very nice - service is very good as well. It can be pricy, so we go for a special occasion when we are visiting Toronto.Special Features:
- Perfectgo2placeDined on 5/8/2014Perfect place for my daughter and I to meet and "catch up". Quiet booth, excellent meal, and seamless service with a minimum of interruptions.Special Features:
- The following 745 reviews are from the Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews archive.
- Great Sushi!SemiSalesDined on 4/29/2014The fish was amazing! Service was excellent. Highly recommend to those who love sushi and sashimi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Had a wonderful meal (as usual). Staff were friendly and knowlegable.Special Features:
- Superb!!!BobandCoVIPDined on 4/24/2014I was recognized by the Hostess!! The Waiter (Sabi) was totally focused on us and the food that we enjoy. The food was fantastic. This is Toronto's best restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelovelifeDined on 4/23/2014Spacious restaurant, super delicious food, wonderful services and the waiter is so confident to suggest food and wine when asked. Nice touching surprise when the management team brought a birthday card and chocolate to my friends thanking him to share part of his special moment with them.Special Features:
- KIOsszbossDined on 4/9/2014Service was very slow food tasted very good portions were small Waiter was great Seating arrangement not the bestSpecial Features:
- Good find!luvsushiDined on 4/7/2014Ki was recommended to us by a friend. We were not one bit disappointed with the food, service and ambience. It's definitely worth going and I would have no hesitation returning. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great night of food, wineSassyDined on 4/7/2014Great night of food, wine and gabbing. We were going to a concert and they respected our time lines. We had 2 additional people join us for drinks and the staff accommodated us immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceMondayDinerDined on 4/7/2014Service at Ki was wonderful - from the moment I arrived at the reception desk to the surprise chocolate treats the hostess brought my guest for her birthday when she must have overheard me wishing her a happy birthday - neither of us asked for it. The food however was just so so. I expected more for the popularity of the place (it was hopping for a Monday night), the suits in there, and the higher prices - not your regular prices for sushi. And for a place that costs over $100 for two (no alcohol), I was surprised to be eating with wooden chopsticks that were not presented in the paper sleeve, but I'm sure came out of them.Special Features:
- 5 stars all the way!ChameauDined on 4/4/2014Great service, great ambiance, unique sushis and wine list. What more can you ask for? Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.