KHONG River House
1661 Meridian Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
KHONG River House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.khongriver.com/
- Phone: (305) 763-8147
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 11am-4:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Ricky Sauri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from KHONG River House
The Mekong River, or Khong, as it is referred to by locals, has long served as the central form of connectivity from the Tibetan Plateau down through Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. It brings together the people and their varying cultures while its banks and valleys create one of the world’s most biodiverse and fertile areas. This melding of disparate tastes, ingredients, and techniques has resulted in the bold, complex harmony that is the hallmark of authentic Southeast Asian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KHONG River House reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)good for groups (47)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (23)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (14)late-night find (13)romantic (9)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently ExcellentCdkatzVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is my goto place for upscale thai street food in south beach! It never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Restaurant in Miami Beach!Rick1030Dined on 11/22/2014A great thai restaurant in Miami Beach. Dont be put off by its location in a fancy area, this place is "food" place, where you go for the food, and the ambiance is a plus! Try the Yellow Cambodian Curry, you''ll love it. Rick Nov 20, 2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida's best fusion restaurants with a buzzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Visiting from London, this was on my list of must-go-to restaurants after following their mouthwatering Instagram. The food didn't disappoint. As a Brit, the mix between classic American alongside the spices and lightness of asian food is real welcome, refreshing treat, as everything else on offer is a heavy, carbocide-fest. My only complaint is that we were sat by the bar, which seemed pretty cold- not sure if it's because it's near a temperature controlled wine wall... just speculation. Starters came out fast, mains took quite a while- but it's a great buzz, the beers go down well, so it wasn't a problem. Rustic decor, corrugated metal ceiling, exposed brickwork etc. It's about as hipster as Miami gets, which is just enough. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Khong River House 11/8/14OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014I rarely write reviews, but felt the need to do so this time. Food was good, better than a year ago. Menu was creative and ingredients were well developed. BUT -- The big issue was with the reservation. We had reserved for 10:00PM but had to WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES to be seated! This will effect my view of the restaurant as making a reservation often implies that the dining party is on some sort of schedule. The restaurant seemed to have no regard for us while we waited. Music was too loud from 10:00-11:15PM then was fine after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!daniellecDined on 11/8/2014I went here once when they first opened and wasn't too impressed...went back recently and I noticed that the menu changed and there was a new chef. This time I was impressed! Drinks were great, food was great, dessert was delicious. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food. Great staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014This was my first time to Khong River House, and I'm so glad I went. The food was outstanding (yellow curry was delicious), and our server (Alexandra) was very nice and attentive. I will definitely be back. Plus, it's right off Lincoln, which makes it very convenient. I'm looking forward to dining here again soon!Special Features:
- Great finddiner14VIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our 1st time here and was impressed on several levels. The server came over to us and welcomed us by last name, per our reservation. The decor was nicely done with a mix and match of textures. The staff was very attentive and seemed to really care about the customers. The food was great. If we lived there, we would be regulars. [bring your smart phone to read the menu].Special Features:
- AngeVIPDined on 10/26/2014Good service, Good food. I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Thai bloody mary was not good. Very limitted number of plates
- khong riverluv2dineVIPDined on 10/17/2014consistently excellent. food is very creative. always very fresh. the decor is fabulous!! very top quality asian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomejm33Dined on 10/11/2014Fantastic meal. Special thanks to the personable GM (Mr. Guittierez)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as AlwaysJonnyDined on 10/5/2014Consistently impressed with the food and service at Khong. They recently changed up there menu but the result was the same: excellent food.Special Features:
- One of Sobe's bestLalaDined on 10/5/2014Amazing food w/ fresh ingredients and unique flavors. Beautiful, creative ambiance. Very professional and friendly staff. 5-star all around - will go back and back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Pre-Concert SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Within walking distance of the Fillmore Theater, Khong River House was the perfect place to get a bite to eat before our concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Servers, bartender and GM all interact above & beyond w/ patrons to ensure a personal-touch on all selections, and therefore there are no surprises - only delights and a most enjoyable dining (kudos to the chef(s) & drinking experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We went early on a Saturday for brunch. The restaurant wasn't crowded. The food was excellent and the service was very good. The curried potatoes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceBen314Dined on 9/19/2014Great food. All of the dishes were well seasoned and beautifully presented. Service by Alexandra was excellent. Tables are too close for intimate dining and the seats are made of wood and are not comfortable.. The noise level got higher and higher as the evening progressed byt the end of the meal it was difficult to converse.Innovative cocktail menu. Interesting decor.Special Features:
- Recommended.CrushedSnailVIPDined on 9/13/201450 Eggs, doing an excellent job with Thai. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- AEF1VIPDined on 9/12/2014service rushed-we waited 10 minutes for a waiter, and once he arrived did not ask us if wanted drinks, food served lukewarm-clearly premade and minimally warmed upSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Flavor.DCGuyFoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great tasting food. Interesting approach on S.E. Asian food... the classics are there, along with new and inventive dishes. Great place all around. Well worth a visit if in South Beach or even Miami.Special Features:
- badgwizzVIPDined on 9/7/2014I canme here two years ago. The food was good , interesting and not greasy. I revisited recently. the service was bad and the food no better than you get at a chinese takeout but with a price three times as high. I read the chef left. it is noticeable. given the level of service I think ths manager must have left as well. The waitress apologize d fir tge service but she was nit soery enougg to reduce the bill. I hate cheap apologies. avoid this place.
- Favorite pickWannabcriticDined on 9/6/2014If you're in the mood for something exotic and sophisticated this is the place to go!!! Drunken Noodles are in my top 5 all time favorites from anywhere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastrojunkieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Second time dining here... First time was late night feast and this time was late lunch early dinner. Fantastic food! Great suggestions by the waiter; everything so well flavored. Hot & Sour cocktail an interesting choice if you like spicy. Short ribs are yum as is the pork fried rice and shrimp skewer.Special Features:
- Great boozy brunch, service okPeterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time with a group of friends. Came for the good food and bottomless drinks-- bloodies, mimosas, etc. Service was very slow but manager came to apologize and help out. Very friendly staff. Cool vibe.Special Features:
- Mediocre Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Not sure what all the fuss is about. Asked for spicey food. Instead had chicken wings which were sweet. Duck was generous but also sweet. Glass noodles were spicey but also meh. Prawns were also bland. Overall, fairly overpriced mediocre Asian food that is expensive by virtue of being on Lincoln road, one of the big tourist areas on South Beach. Others may disagree but if your palate is broad you'll be disappointed.
- DelicioushappypapiDined on 8/30/2014I was recommended here by a friend. We arrived a bit late for our reservation and even though they were busy, they seated us right away. Our server Dana was fantastic, guiding us through the menu, and actually stopped us from ordering too much food. My wife REALLY doesn't like spicy food (her loss) and she recommended some dishes for her limited palate. The short ribs were excellent, and the crispy duck was amazing.Special Features:
- Good tasty foodSyllyPantsDined on 8/26/2014Other than the water server putting her body on me every time she filled the table's water glasses, the place was excellent. Pad thai was perfect. Short rib was excessively fatty.Special Features:
- First disappointment hereDeb9227VIPDined on 8/23/2014Been here many times, but it seems they are resting on their laurels. Short rib appetizer was fatty, chewy and generally inedible. Waitress was smothering and then non-existent. She brought us wrong dish and then disappeared.
- Worst experience ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014I went last Saturday with my wife and a friend to this restaurant, when we get there they sat us very fast, the server took at least 5 minutes to greed us and take the order of the drinks. We ask for the Spice menu and they explain to us that only is available Monday to Friday. We decide to stay. When we order the food, we order one appetizer to share and three main dishes. After 25 minutes waiting for the food one of the main dishes that we order came out. We ask for our appetizer and the answer was I don't know about the app. We call the server and with attitude said to us "what is the problem guys". All the food was cold, not even warm. I left an finish my dinner at Citi Hall and having better service and food.....
- StefanoDined on 8/14/2014Decor is vibrant, Food is rich, fantastic, different and very tasty! The French Rose wine we had was very affordable and a great wine!!Special Features:
- Used to be remarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Been to Khong on several occasions previously, but things have declined here. Service was mediocre, rushed. We interrupted the front door greeter on her phone to get seated. Food was authentic, and as described on the menu - most plates were bursting with flavor. Jasmine rice never arrived ... The service and management staff just seem to be stale, maybe tired.
- Great girls night out!GirlfoodieDined on 8/12/2014AMAZING crispy lettuce wraps & dumplings, the ribs are good but too fatty for me, everyone else loved them! They even have a spicy gin cocktail that goes perfectly with the food--such nice flavors!! Donuts at the end were seriously redic!!!! Service was perfect. Fab night!Special Features:
- Good BrunchRealMVIPDined on 8/10/2014Small plates, great quality, drunken noodles too expensive and the portion is small.Special Features:
- The best place to eat asian food !VickyDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food, original and tasty, and winderful waitress called Farah. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change not for the BetterMangiabeneVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have dined here many times and the food was always excellent. I hadn't been in 6 months and returned to find a new menu, new chef, and lunch prices much higher. I ordered the shrimp which was was 2 large prawns for $19 at lunch - ridiculous. The shrimp were very plain. The shisito peppers were drowned in a thick gooey sauce. The appetizer noodle wrap was excellent, as were the dougnuts. I was with 3 other people who all thought that their food was fine, but not great anymore. The waiter was really good, but the water woman had not been well trained. The hostess wasn't the most welcoming. The Spice menu, which no one ordered, was strange -a cold salad to start, a cold salad entree, and then sticky rice for dessert. Please change back.
- annoyingly overpricedeavesdropletsVIPDined on 8/3/2014the menu had changed (a lot) since the last time i was here — options were less & prices were outrageous! the waitress greeted us in a tone you'd expect from a greeter at the GAP. the first dish to the table was the lettuce cups — previously a sharable stack of lettuce with a bowl of pork, vegetables, etc. — now reduced to four pieces of iceberg lettuce, each topped with a small bit of topping. i asked if the dish i remembered was still on the menu, to which the waitress replied 'we never had that.' the short ribs were next – great sauce, but only 4 pieces of meat. then the pad thai – a smallish, dry portion for the price. there are so many better restaurants in miami beach now. skip this one.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Amazing food. Loved the chiang mai chicken and the eggplant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlrightKarinDMDined on 8/1/2014We went to this place because of its location. Theres a bar/lounge upstairs. The service was excellent, quick and friendly. The only downside is the price. I didnt mind paying $20-40 for my meal, but i was expecting to be wowed. The food is good, but not worth the menu prices. I feel i could get the same quality food in a local vietnamese mom and pop stote. The inside is nice and clean, very stylish but rustic. And they have interesting mixed drinks (beer and bourbon anyone? Surprisingly refreshing). I personally had the minty tamarind iced tea, very good Overall, a good place with good food, but not worth the prices.Special Features:
- excellentshellyDined on 7/31/2014Great find delicious food and wonderful staff. Great place for a large group or a date night night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 316 reviews are from the KHONG River House reviews archive.
- Great food, great atmosphere!AlyssasimpsVIPDined on 7/28/2014Went here for the first time with two other people on recommendation and loved the meal! The food is fantastic (had the short rib currey) and a great value for what you're paying (portions are a good size and prices are somewhat reasonable). We all had different cocktails and all were exceptional. Our dinner came out in a short amount of time which was great as well. My only complaint would be our waitress-she seemed new and didn't seem knowledgeable about the menu. Also talked very quiet which was hard to hear with the loud music. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.