Keystone Ranch Restaurant
1239 Keystone Ranch Rd.
Keystone, CO 80435Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Keystone Ranch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Keystone+Ranch.axd
- Phone: 8003544386
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, summer only
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Steven Vlass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For large groups, we have all of our facilities available for private dining depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Burkart 9704961484
A word from Keystone Ranch Restaurant
Experience the extraordinary blend of the Colorado frontier and fine dining in the rustic elegance of this original 1930s ranch homestead. Savor a luxurious five-course dinner featuring acclaimed Colorado cuisine and wild game specialties or try a more casual fare with soup or salad and an entree. It won’t take long to see why the Ranch is a AAA Four Diamond™ rated restaurant, a Wine Spectator winner, and ranked as a top restaurant in Colorado by the prestigious Zagat Survey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Keystone Ranch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Keystone ›
Keystone Ranch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)scenic view (24)romantic (18)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Close to the best but not quiteBdubVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have enjoyed the Ranch several times and this was no different. Even though the place was but half full the service while knowledgeable, was a bit slow. The wine I ordered was out and the waiter came back with a recommendation in hand and of course it was more expensive. Apps and entre were perfect but the soufflé was marginal at best. Tasted more like an undercooked bread pudding. The young man who drove the van should be the ambassador for Keystone as he was a delight.Special Features:
- What a surprise!KIRCODined on 9/16/2014We originally had reservations to another restaurant and learned a few hours before our reserved time that there had been a mix-up on the date and the original restaurant was closed at the time. We were told of this restaurant and are so pleased that there was a mix-up with the first restaurant. The salads were unbelievably delicious. The waiter was spot on with his descriptions of the courses and his recommendations were absolutely incredible. Our thirty-fifth wedding anniversary is coming up in a few months and we have already agreed to spend it in Keystone just so we can come back to this old historic building to enjoy the views and indulge in the five course meal. Thank you to the entire staff and the chefs for a spectacular meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggysReviewDined on 9/11/2014The food was wonderful and service exceptional. Our server was there when you needed him and absent when he was not needed. Also very attentive to what each person was drinking. Very nice place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Appetizer and salad were good. Entre was disappointing and undercooked. The side with the entre was nothing but a doped on bunch of kale and rice. Our waiter was smug and forgot his job is to make sure our evening is exceptional. Service was excruciatingly slow and moving to the warmth of the fire place was non-existent. We were seated behind the fireplace, away from other diners, in an unheated area. We would have been more comfortable just sitting at our own table. The soufflé was more of a cake, and did not deflate when it was pierced for sauce. All around disappointing. Second unsatisfying experience. We'll look for a new place in Summit County.
- Quiet NightsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014From entering the restaurant at 7:15 pm until we left at 10:00 pm we were treated to a gourmet meal, interesting conversation with John, and a quiet table for a private conversation. From appetizers to dessert, each had a beautiful plate presentation, perfect portions, delightful flavors, and appropriate spacing. Our white wine was kept chilled and refilled with perfect timing. Dessert was served in the living room of the old ranch house where we enjoyed more conversation with our server, John, and a brief conversation with the sous chef --- along with the décor of the recently refurbished ranch house. It was a wonderful evening of celebration for our 47th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mountain RestaurantMikeGDined on 8/8/2014Great setting and service, good food. Reasonably price fixed price menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014Beautiful view. Delicious food. Excellent service. Special dessert and after dinner drink room with a beautiful mountain valley viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrrific StaffDrewDined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I had a terrific night- food presentation was Top Notch and our server was awesome. Thanks again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Aniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014The food, service and view are unparalleled in Summit County. We had a lovely 3 hour dinner to celebrate our 35th. The service was excellent, wine suggestions right on and the food was the best I've had in years. Kudos to the entire staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceBobsBitesDined on 6/12/2014The food - all 5 courses - was wonderful. Every course was clever mix of ingredients, excellent taste and beautiful presentation. Service was perfect. Our window on the view was foggy - and it was a splendid view - but other than that I believe I could go there time and again and never grow tired of it.Special Features:
- One of the best...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014Can't say enough good! It is an experience not to be missed. We enjoy the restaurant every time we go!Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the Keystone Ranch Restaurant reviews archive.
- Special diningSisterDined on 4/12/2014Flavors to savor. Fabulous food & atmosphere. Took a little too long between some courses, so it was a long evening. Take plenty of time to enjoy. Lucky us to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining in the MountainsVANB1Dined on 4/12/2014If you are in Summit County, don't miss a chance to dine at this elegant restaurant located in a historical log ranch. It is a feast for eyes and appetite! The menu features Colorado lamb and wild game as well as fresh fish. The service is excellent--ask for John and you will hear some great skiing stories too! Dessert in the fireplace living room tops off the evening. The views are spectacular, food always excellent and ambiance is perfect. There is a dining area off to one side for a group to sit at a long table. Also a nice bar to enjoy cocktails before dinner. Summer or winter, this is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friendsStolie55Dined on 4/5/2014The food was fabulous and the amdience one should seeSpecial Features:
- Thrilling Food and Decor!!LeadvilleBakerBoiDined on 3/26/2014My family visited me since living in Leadville for 15 years. We are Georgia country folk, and I wanted to show my family a fabulous Colorado dining experience. Our server made us feel like we owned the place. My Niece felt it was her time to try sweetbreads because she thought it was something like French toast--she was tickled silly when I told her what she had eaten and loved to the point of soppin'! After having the frisee and grapefruit salad, my Sister now wants to explore a new world of salads without ranch dressing! My Mother's favorite dessert is German Chocolate cake. The Ranch's version with homemade pecan tuile and dulce de leche ice cream was as thrilling to eat as it was for her to look at! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014When a chef prepares a Tasting Manu of five corses, great wine parings, excellent service , and a view overlooking a snow covered meadow ; it makes for a delightful evening. Expensive but worth it. Having after diner drinks and dessert at the fire is a smooth touch. Allows for a turn of the tables and guests enjoy the ambience and comfort by the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Keystone Ranch was the perfect place to celebrate My husband's and son's birthdays. Everything Was wonderful! Candace WilliamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, but # 2 to Ski TipFrequentCheshireGuestsDined on 3/6/2014I was very pleased, as usual, with my choices from the fantastic menu. My husband wasn't as pleased this time. It may have been that he just didn't choose the right items for his taste this time. Everything was prepared beautifully & served timely, with detailed info about each course. When compared to the Ski Tip Lodge Restaurant the night before, the Keystone Ranch is a very close 2nd. Both places are a magical step into the our charming western past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a must experience whenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Always a must experience when we visit Colorado. Wouldn't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ranch ReviewmaryDined on 2/28/2014One of the most enjoyable dining experiences I've had. My husband and I travel around the world, and the view, the surroundings, the food and the service was as nice as anywhere we've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experienceAndynyc646VIPDined on 2/15/2014Wow! From private car that takes you to and from the restaurant to "retiring to the living room" for dessert in front of an enormous stone fireplace, this was one of the more memorable dining experiences we had in a while. The service was impeccable and the food and cocktails were outstanding. The setting is absolutely gorgeous and fulfilled our mountain ideals (coming from NYC). I would not pass this place up if you are in the Keystone area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the MountainsColoradoMikeVIPDined on 2/13/2014Wonderful evening. Impeccable service. Fabulous dinner preparation and presentation. Relaxed Mountain atmosphere. A must do on any mountain excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th anniversary dinnermisslouDined on 1/31/2014What a great place for dinner on a special occasion! We were picked up by a driver and taken to Keystone Ranch. This complimentary service is available to resort guests. We were greated and seated immediately. Our waiter was very well trained and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. We did a wine pairing with the appetizer and entree. The food was excellent quality and presented well. We retired to the living room with fireplace for dessert. Wonderful experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible dining experiencekarenVIPDined on 1/25/2014keystone Ranch was an incredible dining experience. The service was terrific. The food is fit for foodies. This staff do everything possible to ensure you have a wonderful evening. please note if you are taking the shuttle transportation there -there may be a wait. That was the only disappointing part of the evening.Special Features:
- Ry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Steak was excellent, fish and lamb were mediocre. Disappointing for the price, was expecting much betterSpecial Features:
- superb gemelizrlDined on 1/17/2014food is out of this world, especially if you are a connoisseur. wait staff is beyond professional. setting is lovely. they will even pick you up and drop you off. after dinner, dessert and coffee by the real fire is a great opportunity to chat briefly with the other guests who are nice and interesting. dessert is amazing: blueberries and baked pear. lamb is superb, although note, medium rare is close to rare. appetizers are outstanding. just go. worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Beautiful SpotRamguyDined on 1/10/2014Keystone Ranch is a hidden out-of -the-way gem. The food is awesome and the facility….a rebuilt historic log ranch, is absolutely beautiful. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Colorado. I'd recommend Keystone Ranch to my friends and anyone looking for a great dinning experience. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place on a snowy night!DebberVIPDined on 1/4/2014My food was good but my husbands food was not cooked right and was not warm. The waiter didn't come back to check that it was cooked properly until I had finished my meal! We sat in a room where we were the only table in a corner. I would definitely ask for a different location next time We had dessert in the old ranch house room and it was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveJohnDined on 12/31/2013We were there with our teenagers on New Years Eve. The setting was elegant and service impeccable. We looked at the menu on line before making the reservation, but when we arrived, we found out that the evening was limited to a fixed price ($125 per person) and fixed menu. I suppose that is not unusual for New Years Eve, but was not advertised when we made the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013My husband and I had dinner here over the winter holiday. Our hope was to have a special night out after two kids and a deployment sent us on a weekend getaway! Keystone Ranch delivered that! The sweetbreads were OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. And we've never had such amazing blue cheese stuffed olives before tonight! We had an incredibly romantic, relaxing and enjoyable evening that was topped off with great food and personal, gracious service. We will return on our next trip to Keystone for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A satisfying evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013The ambience of the restaurant is relaxing and cozy. It is easy to pass several hours enjoying an excellent bottle of wine or cocktail and enjoying a three or 5 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot Desert !Keystone1Dined on 12/25/2013The four course menu was very good as usual, and I had to preorder the desert (soufflé ). The deserts are served in a separate fireplace parlor with after dinner drinks/coffee/etc. After waiting 20 minutes I asked about desert ,and found they had forgot both mine and my wife. They made profuse apologies and took an appetizer off the bill, as well as providing substitute deserts which were fine...no soufflé ! It was very busy that night (Christmas ) and this was a real anomaly ,since we have been to the Ranch many times, and have experienced excellent ,if not overboard service every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbmacDined on 12/12/2013The Keystone Ranch was by far the best dining expierence I have ever had! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic night out or a special occassion. Excellent service, amazing food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Expience to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I had the five course dinner and my wife had the two course. The dining experience was amazing. It was one of the best dining experiences of my life. The food, service, ambience and presentation was impeccable! My complements to the chef and our server, Brandon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 course dinnercasecorDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 32nd anniversary and the Ranch was the perfect place. It is a very comfortable place with great food and drinks. Our only complaint was heavy use of salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time not so much a charm....NatalieWDined on 10/5/2013we've dined at Keystone Ranch several times and I was looking forward to our dinner. The first 3 courses were great, the entrée not so much (maybe don't order grouper in the mountains!) and dessert was just ok. Our service was pretty bad for what you would expect at a nice restaurant - our waitress was less than attentive, never really followed up with us, didn't pour our wine, etc. I've had better experiences there so hate to write Keystone Ranch off completely, maybe they were just a little off that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 for 1luvkstoneDined on 10/4/2013the 2 for 1 was a good buy, except website and advertising was misleading in that I thought you could get the 2 course ($45) for 2 for 1 as well, but you could not, only the 5 course $75 option was available,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someplace SpecialBillDined on 10/3/2013In our 30 plus years in the county we always go to Keystone Ranch when we want to have a special time...or just a great meal. From anniversaries, our sons graduation dinner, to a place to treat special friends and business associates-a place to go. John G our waiter is a local we have come to know and his and all the staff are superb. Cant wait till the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keystone Ranch never disappoints!citygalturnedalpineDined on 10/3/2013Another family birthday at the Ranch! Great food, wine and atmosphere as usual. The 5 course tasting meal is just the right portion size to let you try a little of everything - the fig salad was dressed perfectly! We were enjoying a great bottle of Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir, which unfortunately was the last one, but the extensive wine list allowed us to switch to a David Bruce for our second bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an evening where everythingloveeatingoutDined on 10/2/2013It was an evening where everything was wonderful!!! So rare now days. Service was very attentive, but not lingering. Portions very adequate, presentations beautiful and flavors exquisite. Moving to the living room for coffee and dessert by the fireplace was an added bonus to end a perfect dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.