Kettle Valley Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Big White Ski Resort
5315 Big White Road
Kelowna, BC V1R1P3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Kettle Valley Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Big White Ski Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bigwhite.com/mountain-info/food-dining-entertainment/kettle-valley-steakhouse
- Phone: (250) 491-0130
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryce Broadhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: For groups up to 20 people, our Private Dining Room has cozy feel overlooking Happy Valley Way. Same menu and wine list offered.
- Cross Street: Big White Road
- Public Transit: The Kettle Valley Steakhouse is located at the bottom of Lara"s Gondola, only a short ride down from the village. The Gondola runs until 10pm on most weeknights and 11pm on weekends.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Happy Valley Day Lodge is adjacent to a large public parking lot within easy walking distance to the Kettle Valley Steakhouse.
A word from Kettle Valley Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Big White Ski Resort
Located upstairs in the Happy Valley Day Lodge at the base of Lara's Gondola. Fine locally influenced cuisine featuring perfectly aged, hand cut Canadian beef, fresh seafood, local game and more. Extensive Okanagan wines are offered to compliment your expertly grilled steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kettle Valley Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Big White Ski Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was exceptional.SupernovaDined on 3/28/2014The food was exceptional. Our server Vanessa was outstanding as always!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on HilldeannendDined on 3/21/2014Great restaurant at Big White! Don't let the noise of Happy Valley scare you. Once your in the doors the noise is left behind. Amazing food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant evening - everythingHungryskiierDined on 2/24/2014Brilliant evening - everything was of outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks we have ever had!!TapoDined on 2/9/2014Best steaks we have ever had!! And I work at a steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb SteakClarkFamilyDined on 1/21/2014The best steak on the mountain. Amazing service. Beautiful ambience. A must at Big White.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service a little off...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner, tastes were excellent but the service was off as we found ourselves clearing and stacking plates that were left to clutter the table. Also needed to ask for a server when our bevies needed topping and quality checks were lacking. There were a few larger tables that seemed to be taking all of our servers time and we felt a little ignored but would still go back the next time we are up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just met expectationChadDined on 1/17/2014I had the steak dinner. The steak was comparable to The Keg or Ricks Grill. It wasn't better. Both The Keg and Ricks Grill did something a little special to make it memorable. The Kettle did nothing. Basically it was get in and get out. Even through we let it be known we were there for my wife's 30th Birthday. Being an open concept area, it was very noisy. The service we got met expectation of any typical restaurant. But definitely did not exceed expectations. I expect a steakhouse to 'wow' me a little. Overall I would compare this restaurant to Earls or Milestones. Not a steakhouse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Awesome MealTinkerbell57Dined on 1/10/2014Great Service - Awesome Meal Prime Rib was cooked perfectly and the Mashed Potatoes where to die for - Wonderful knowledgeable Staff - Would go again in a heartbeat!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HousekneedeepDined on 1/4/2014Very few menu choices with little to choose from if not having steak. Not really a family restaurant - nothing on the menu for kids. Pork Belly dinner was so salty we couldn't eat it.Special Features:
- Pretty goodSumsumDined on 1/3/2014We felt ignored by our waitress initially . She left us way too long with our wine before taking our food order. We had to track her down and the restaurant was half empty.but once we got that straightened out it was very good. The food was good, I wouldn't say great. We had chateau briand,which was cooked perfectly, but I found it not as spectacular as I expected. All in all it was a very positive dining experience. We had a lot of fun and next time I'm up in Big White I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambience.TODinerDined on 12/26/2013We chose the restaurant for our Christmas dinner, as we were spending Christmas at Big White. Great food, very attentive and informative service, great view. Definitely the right place for our Christmas celebration!Special Features:
- Disappointing Food, Untrained StaffVisitingBWDined on 12/25/2013Limited wine selection, especially in whites. Server did not know the special soup of the day, even though our group was one of the last to be seated during the evening. Restaurant boasts fine dining experience yet the less-than ordinary cutlery seem to originate from the adjoining ski day lodge cafeteria. Sable fish was charred from the outside yet undercooked inside; steak was nearly rare and luke warm (requested medium); turkey special was the only dish that was well executed.Special Features:
- High TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2013We went for high tea with 2 moms and 4 kids. What a nice surprise when we got the bill to find that kids ate free. That made the tea a great deal. We had scones with two kinds of jam, about 6 varieties of tea sandwiches, and three different desserts. We went away full. Oh, and the tea was free trade and organic. A great experience after a day of skiing. Hoghy recommended. A highlight of my ski trip.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Excellent service and food. The presentation was great and the portions were ample. A little on the pricey sideSpecial Features:
- High Tea at Big WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013High Tea was very well presented and every bite was delicious! My kids enjoyed it very much. I highly recommended taking the time to endulge in this treat!Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013One of the best restaurants in Big White and amazing steaks! Great wine list too! Jon Olson Next Stop TV Show www.nextstop.tvSpecial Features:
- Great place to have a fineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great place to have a fine dinner! We enjoyed it a lot and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surpised with theClaudDined on 3/16/2013Pleasantly surpised with the quality here. I will visit again, and highly recommend to friends!Special Features:
- A Happy Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2013Third time at Big White and the first time at Kettle Valley for a meal. We had been here for receptions on our previous visits. The space is rather open with a cool unfinished feel. The service was very friendly which helped to warm the space. I was looking for a local wine and not being local, was unfamiliar with the list. The server was excellent in recommending a good wine. Our apps were delicious soup (beef and barley) and salad (arugula and frizze with beets &goat cheese). Our daughters had the beef filet which was very good. My husband had the Arctic char which he loved and I had the duck done 3 ways which was very interesting & tasty but almost too much food. A bit pricey but the food quality was spot on.Special Features:
- There is "Steak" in the nameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013There is "Steak" in the name however their fish is to die for.Special Features:
- We enjoyed afternoon tea atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013We enjoyed afternoon tea at 2 after a morning of skiing. We loved the scones, perfectly bakedSpecial Features:
- Don't miss this opportunityElkeDined on 2/21/2013Don't miss this opportunity for an excellent evening!Special Features:
- Staff were very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Staff were very accommodating with respect to changing our seats at the restaurant. Also very attentive during the meal.Special Features:
- Top diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Excellent serviceStunning foodSatisfied customer :-)Special Features:
- Lovely high tea experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Lovely high tea experience - such a treat on the mountain. Couldn't tell if the scones were freshly made on site (I should've asked), but they would have been nicer served slightly warm as I found them a bit hard and salty (but tasty, nonetheless). The savoury treats were tasty. It would have been nicer to have petit fours that were actually little cakes, biscuits or pastries, instead of just hard chocolates that were mostly left untouched. Overall, I did enjoy the experience and the food. Thanks!Special Features:
- Mountain Steakhouse a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Excellent steakhouse style food on the mountain. Beautiful views, steak and charcuterie board were fantastic. Can't miss if you're visiting big white.Special Features:
- overall very good, thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012overall very good, though dessert sampler was a bit disappointing. Creme brulee was excellent.Special Features:
- Good service, great wine,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Good service, great wine, but the food was very bland - - all 5 of our steaks were tasteless and the veggis bland. Too bad -- we had high hopes...Special Features: