910 Kentmorr Road
Stevensville, MD 21666Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kentmorr.com/
- Phone: 4106432263
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant open daily: 11:30am - 9:00pm, and tiki bar open May through September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: David Harper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Beautiful waterfront facility with tented private parties, weddings, crab feast with full access to tiki bar and beach.
- Private Party Facilities: Private tent functions are available
- Private Party Contact: Tammy 4106432263
- Entertainment: Live music on summer weekends. Join us next to the beach at Dirty Dave's Island Tiki for hot jams and mystical Mai Tai's. Food available for carry out to the beach.
- Special Events: Special events for groups up to 200. Check our facebook page for specials, discounts and upcoming musical events.
A word from Kentmorr Restaurant
Chesapeake Bay waterfront restaurant. We feature fresh seafood such as crab, oysters and striped bass. We feature a special kids menu. Private waterfront, sandy beach and tiki bar with adjoining crabdeck and swinging hammocks for you to relax in after your meal. Live entertainment on summer weekends. We have plenty of free parking and free slip dockage while dining. The Kentmorr Community has an airstrip just yards away from the restaurant and marina. Please call to reserve your table and the largest crabs for your family. Reservations for parties of 8 or more, we ask that you call the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kentmorr Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Stevensville ›
Kentmorr Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (28)kid-friendly (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (19)special occasion (15)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Home coming weekendDianaDined on 10/4/2014Since it was dark out-we missed the beautiful scenery. We have dined here many times and brought friends and family for all kinds of celebrations. It's always been a nice restaurant to visit.Special Features:
- I wanted to cryfoodieDined on 9/28/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. After being seated for 40 mins. with no food and no one to check on us, I wanted to cry. So much for a special birthday dinner. I flagged down our waitress, who finally asked did we need anything and told us that the kitchen was backed up with orders. We waited a few more mins before deciding to find some place else to dine. As soon as we stood, the waitress was there with our orders. I must say to food was enjoyable, but I was very turned off by the service. They did end up taking a couple of drinks off the bill.Special Features:
- Great serviceLadiesWhoLunch6Dined on 9/11/2014Our waitress, Megan, did a fantastic job. There were 6 in our party and she was always there checking up to make sure we didn't need anything, our drinks were filled before they were empty and we never needed anything she hadn't anticipated. She was friendly, yet professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Very friendly atmosphere though service is not really accurate. However food is more than reasonable and the overall dining experience just great. The beach bar makes it even more attractiveSpecial Features:
- Best crabcake I've ever hadEpicureanDined on 8/8/2014It was worth the trip across the Bay Bridge! The crabcakes I had were spectacular! Great Friday night scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the KentmorrDuke1dinnerreviewDined on 8/3/2014Our meal on Saturday evening was attended by 4 adults and 2 children (1 highchair & 1 car seat) We were seated very quickly as I did have reservations and our great waitress was right there to take our drink orders and see if we needed anything for the kids. Our service was the best throughout the meal and our appetizers and entree's were served in a very timely manner and prepared perfectly. Desert was great as well and we really enjoyed our dining experience and will be returning as this is about our third visit at the Kentmorr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterview DiningAnneDined on 8/3/2014Spectacular restaurant - wonderful view, delicious food, terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemjah25Dined on 8/2/2014We stumbled upon kentmorr while trying to find a seafood restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. The food and service were great, and the crabs were meaty. In addition, the kentmorr beach is right behind the restaurant, another plus. Overall, a great experience. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereCheryl888Dined on 8/2/2014Our family had lunch inside and then we moved outside to the beach/tiki bar area. There was a children's entertainer there and he had lots of great toys for the kids to play with (sand toys, games, etc.). Gave the parents a chance to relax after a great meal while the kids had a blast! The food was excellent. We had a crab pretzel and calamari for appetizers. My husband and I both got the soft crab BLT, which was delicious!Special Features:
- Lunch by the waterCampMomDined on 8/2/2014After dropping our son off at sleep away camp and before our 2.5 hour drive home we decided to have a real Maryland on the water seafood lunch. That is exactly what we got. My table mates commented that the crab cakes were outstanding. Even the picky eater was in love with the jumbo fried shrimp entree and wished we lived closer. This is a real authentic experience with paper tablecloth for the crab eater and everything. Many areas to eat and the beach was a big hit with the hammocks and rope chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEasternShoreDinerDined on 8/1/2014I'm not sure how this restaurant was voted Best in the Eastern Shore by the local Update newspaper. The Ahi Tuna was way over cooked and dry, and the fried shrimp was so over cooked it was tough to chew. The sautéed squash was drenched in olive oil, leaving a bland taste on the palate. There are some good things about this restaurant however; the wait staff is very good and very friendly and the desserts are wonderful. They make their own ice cream and it's delicious. The apple dumpling melts in your mouth. I would recommend this restaurant for its desserts only.Special Features:
- great outdoor diningjojoDined on 7/31/2014Love the view, food was pretty good, waiter wasn't.Special Features:
- Better during the off seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014This was my second time at Kentmorr. The first time was the beginning of May and the second time was mid-July. The difference in service between the "off season" dinner and the July dinner was dramatic. The all you can eat crab was good...when it arrived. Our server was always impossible to find for drink refills. The young people behind the front counter when we walked in just stared at us and never offered to help guide us to a table. The restaurant was only half full when we were eating. There was no reason for the sloppy service. I would rather go during the off season to be served by an adult than go during the summer and be served by a bunch of kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better crabs neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The crabs were not as fresh as I remembered. The crabs were light and the shells were extremely brittle. They also only had medium and small crabs on an early Friday night. Great restaurant and will come back, but just expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Lousy Service.SimpletonDined on 7/19/2014Request to sit outside and notice of my wife's birthday was given with reservation. Upon arrival, they had a table for us inside. We protested and were moved from the inside to the "porch." It was not outside, but closer. We had a very nice young waitress who, if I had to guess, was on her first shift. Poor girl didn't know how to open a bottle of wine. Our appetizers arrived approximately 2 1/2 minutes before our main dishes. The food was terrific. The calamari, soft shell crab, and scallops were tasty. Service was really bad. At no point during the meal were additional cocktails and/or bottle of wine offered, and the birthday was never referenced. We frequent the tiki bar with the kids, first time having an "adult" meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kentmorr RestaurantweekenderDined on 7/12/2014Rockfish was awesome! Hushpuppies overdone :-( Whipped sweet potatoes delicious! Homemade coconut icecream superb! Service good but on the slow side....worth the wait due to upbeat atmosphere on the water! Have a few drinks! Beach bar is a well kept secret. Live music on the weekends until 10. Great place to go with friends for a good time in a relaxed setting by the water's edge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a summer eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/11/2014Great spot. Loved that we could make a reservation for our party of 6, prime time on a busy Friday night. Crab were excellent. Others enjoyed their seafood dinners. Tiki bar, sandy beach and live music added to the fun.Special Features:
- 31 Year Anniversary CelebrationSdboyerDined on 7/9/2014We went there for lunch and were not disappointed. The crab cake sandwich was awesome and the fish tacos were delicious. Would highly recommend this place for a nice lunch or dinner. It is a wonderful view of the Chesapeake Bay.Special Features:
- Busy PlacepatfDined on 7/6/2014As usual, this time of the year, Kentmorr was extremely busy. Customers who did not have a reservation had a 45 minute wait. Because of the volume, service was very slow with the servers struggling to keep up. Music from the Tiki bar was very loud. The windows on the patio were open so the music was disrupting to customers near the Tiki bar end of the patio thus addition to the overall volume of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 4thearl08Dined on 7/4/2014We decided to bring out of town family here for crabs for the 4th. The crabs were plentiful and full. The service was fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST in Queen Anne's CountyAlinaDined on 7/4/2014Have visited Kentmorr for many years, very consistent and food is always good. Highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Kentmorr Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The waitress was not very friendly. Also there was some confusion with our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WTkingDined on 6/16/2014The service was bad. 2 in the afternoon and no in the dinning room and no one seated us for 15 minutes. The food was prepared OK but the portions were small for the price. Its a same that when a restaurant needs to build revenue that they cut the food quality. I asked for saltines to go with my crab cakes and was given two. This restaurant can't even afford crackers. One of my sides with crab cakes was potato salad which I was afraid to eat because it was worm. Don't know how long it was sitting out before I got it. I explained this to our server and she did not care. If you don't care why ask?
- Upscale Marina MenuReservationMomVIPDined on 6/14/2014As we often charter out of this Marina, we frequent the Kentmorr Restaurant for lunch. This was our first dinner there. Upon arrival, we were promptly seated in our requested location.( outside). The menu offers a variety of options. Our crabs and steamed clams were outstanding. The crab cakes were good. For landlubbers , they have options. They do make a mean burger! It is a very busy place so the service was a little slow, but given the beautiful evening, no one minded. They have a full service bar with a nice selection of beers. Not haute cuisine, but a very nice restaurant bayside on the eastern shore. Only an hour from Baltimore !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer PlaceAdamVIPDined on 6/1/2014We go here once or twice a month in the summer. Great service and great food. They also have a nice tiki bar a small beach which seems very popular. This is a hot spot for boaters. The slips fill up fast on the weekends. Definitely a great place to go.Special Features:
- Nice find!LovemdDined on 5/31/2014Great atmosphere! Service wasn't equally as great. They brought out one persons dinner almost 20 minutes before the rest of the tables food and they didn't want to eat until we all had our food. So his food got cold. The rest of the food was good but my shrimp tacos were cold. Also ordered some drinks. Server wasn't very knowledgeable. We were looking for a drink to sip over dinner so we ordered sex on the beach but apparently it only came as a shot. Wish the server would have told us that instead of just bringing a shot to the table. Ordered a second round but the server forgot. Otherwise the atmosphere was great and I will try not to let one bad service experience ruin my impression of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and food!ReviewReaderDined on 5/26/2014We arrived by boat (had never parked at a restaurant before) and the dock boys were right there to help us tie up. What a great relaxed family friendly beachy atmosphere. We had lunch reservations and sat inside with a great breeze from the big open windows. Enjoyed watching the boats and the families enjoying themselves eating crabs, drinking at the tiki bar, and relaxing on the sand. We all had the crab cakes. Some of the best we have ever had. Great service too. It was Memorial Weekend so it was a busy place. The restaurant seemed to do a great job keeping all its balls in the air. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRbeachDined on 5/24/2014The Kentmorr is a great place for all those who enjoy family, friends, sun and sand. The food is good and reasonably priced. We thoroughly enjoy the beach area; it's very family friendly, clean and fun. We will absolutely continue to go back to the Kentmorr!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicemerrymuncherDined on 5/17/2014We had the rockfish special and fish and chips. Both were very good. The waitress checked on us several times. She was calm and friendly. We asked to be near the water on Open Table reservation and we were near the water. Very good experiences!Special Features:
- Dinner - Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I were upset with the service and food during our dining experience at the Kentmorr -- We ordered wine and the waitress returned with the wine in a plastic glass - When we asked for wine glass we were told that wine glasses were not served on the enclosed patio. I pointed out to the waitress that every other table in our view has glass at the table. She switched out the plastic to glass but with an underlying attitude. The food took for ever to be served; the appetizer took over an hour to be served and then our dinner was served 45 minutes later. The restaurant has many empty tables available - The waitress excuses was that the kitchen was busy. We will not be making reservations at this restaurant again
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We had reservations for Mother's Day at Kentmor and were seated right away. Our food came out fast and eveything was good. My only slight issue was a little too much filler in the crab cake for me (great flavor though). Some people would not have had an issue but I dont expect any filler in a broiled crab cake. The beach area was great. We will be reurning to Kentmorr Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Had an outstanding experience on the patio. Spiecal request was fulfilled and the service and food were on point. This restaurant is managed well and if you have specific desires and do not see it on the menu just ask and 9 times out of 10 they will be able to accommodate you. I am so glad that I live close to Kentmoor and when I have guests over it is the go to spot for dinner ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront marinarvtravelerDined on 5/10/2014Took my mom for lunch- it was more casual than I expected. Food was OK - good crab cake, shrimp salad & salmon but accompanying salads and sides were blah. Service was so so and noise became a problem for us over 60. The setting is great with docks for boat arrivals. The tiki bar was large on a sandy beach with playground, hammocks and chaises. It's fine for a casual lunch and dinner- but the food won't be the standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurable experience...eatmeDined on 5/2/2014Have dined here multiple times and always a great time. The staff is friendly and attentive, the food is flavorful and served quickly. The view of the Chesapeake sunset is calming and adds to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Meal, Nothing OutstandingSeaFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Kentmorr is usually consistently good; However, I have never encountered anything that has blown me out of the water. I like to come here from time to time. I prefer this for a happy hour/tiki bar place because of the beautiful scenery versus a place where I would go for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Birthday DinnerMarilynDined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed our meal, very much --- we both had Crab Cakes, a side salad and one of us had broccoli the other, mashed sweet potatoes. Our waitress brought our requested Bread, but didn't bring bread plates. Our beverages came quickly, but no additional water was brought until requested. Service was speedy, pleasant, but missing a couple of pieces! Our dessert was Apple Dumpling Alamode, but one half was warm and the other, cold... we still enjoyed it but it should have been warm!!!Special Features:
- What Happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Food used to be terrific, was very disappointed. The crab soup, should be call spicy vegetable soup, if there was crab in it I didn't see or taste it. Fried oysters were good but plastic cups indoors? I don't know, It's been a year or so since I was last here, just didn't seem the same, especially the food. I raved about the place to our guest from out of state and could tell she was not in the least impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Kentmorrjeff1pilotDined on 2/22/2014Kentmorr is a true treasure on the Chesapeake. The food and drinks are amazing and the views are icing inn the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeIrvsDined on 2/14/2014We had a very good time food and service was greatSpecial Features:
- First TimeCrabcakeluvrVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was my first visit and it was just okay. The service was very good but the crabcake was average; not big enough and too much filler. Definitely not a lump meat crabcake like in most seafood restaurants. I had a specialty drink (Rumrunner) which I sent back and ended up with an orange crush. Much better drink. They do big groups and the noise level gets quite loud. The gem of the evening was their Rum cake desert. It was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.