Ken's Steak House
95 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ken's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (508) 875-4455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Brown
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Live Entertainment every Thursday, Friday and Saturday
A word from Ken's Steak House
With Age comes great things..Ken's steak house has been serving Metro-West since 1935. Ken and Florence Hanna had a sound formula for success: Good quality food at reasonable prices, an honest drink and a good cup of coffee. Guests always receive prompt, courteous, attentive service. The prime and choice cuts of beef and the fresh seafood found at Ken's has set a standard of quality that is unparalleled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ken's Steak House - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Ken's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (16)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Stouc10Dined on 11/15/2014Food was fair overall, several meals were not cokked to requested temps and services was not overly friendly
- Great spot go on a Saturday nightMaryAnnDined on 11/8/2014The food was wonderful! They had a great piano player in the dinning room and a singer in the lounge - it was great! It was very crowded so our service was good - had to ask a few times but for such a busy night and we were a large party it was fine. We would highly recommend going ! Foods wonderful, the salad dressing great! But what we like best is it's a nice restaurant, to go out and have entertainment, has a cozy feeling just a great spot - not a lot of old time restaurants left. Go you'll enjoy.Special Features:
- Old stand byGolfgirl1Dined on 11/7/2014I worked in Framingham in 1985 and I used to take my staff to Ken's for lunch for special occasions. I was in Framingham this week to take my niece on college visits angry thought Ken's would be a nice place for dinner the night before. The good and bad news is that it was exactly the same. The decor has not been updated at all and the food was good. My niece enjoyed her dinner very much so I consider the outing a success.
- Yum yumsaddinerDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious and the service was incredible. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceFood4thoughtDined on 11/7/2014Went to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Booked reservations and arrived on time. Mentioned in special requests that it was my daughter's birthday. The place was not busy and another party was waiting. They did not seem attentive or apologetic. Finally got seated. Service was fair. My grandson waited for his drink, asked again. Waitress acknowledged she had ordered it. Still did not come until towards end of meal. Brought wrong sides on food. Food was cold. No mention of birthday or attempt to acknowledge even though we openly talked about it during dinner. Food was relatively tasteless. Mashed potatoes (brought in error) were the best thing. Had been a while since we ate there and given the experience--will not return.
- Not Worth The TripPastItsPrimeDined on 11/1/2014They are clearly not the restaurant they used to be. The food was terrible. DJ from a wedding going on in one room while competing with the piano player in the dining room we were seated in - not a good situation.
- JorgieDined on 10/30/2014Thirty dollar steaks should include two sides. Have a salad and you get a bare bones steak all alone on plate. Baked potatoes or another veggie are not costly however would add greatly to this dining experience and then would consider going back often.Special Features:
- excellent service0968Dined on 10/25/2014Our server Jannie was very attentive to all of us. She made my mother feel special by having the piano player play happy birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks cut in half!bergbonDined on 10/23/2014There were 10 of us. Half for us ordered Rib eye steaks for $26. They took a normal size steak and butterflied it to about an 1/4 of an inch thick! Who does this at a steak house? No longer give a salad with the meal. Steak was tough and not worth the price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A great place with excellent food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still as good as ever.TiamahtDined on 10/11/2014We hadn't been to Ken's in a great many years and were delighted to find it hasn't changed! We brought out-of-town friends and we all had a great dinner.Special Features:
- A foot in the graveluvopentableVIPDined on 10/4/2014Used to be a gem. For this visit, rolls cold; steak selection shown in open table not available in restaurant (Open Table showed 9 oz, only 12 oz on menu); medium rare lamb cooked medium; for desert yogurt, fruit frozen
- Top Notch findKateDined on 9/30/2014We have eaten at Ken's before and the food is always great. Their prime rib is an excellent quality compared to some other restaurants that have cut back on their beef quality. Their seafood is also delicious. We had a family group and the waitress was very good taking care of the elder senior citizen and the 9 year old boy. She went out of her way to give us good service.Special Features:
- Poor Service - Mediocre FoodLynnDined on 9/27/2014Ken's is usually a dependable restaurant for an early dinner (it's dead in there by 9:30 pm!!) but the last two times we've dined there we've noticed a change in the staff, the attitude of the managers, the changed menu. The bar is improved with a jazz piano and vocalist on the weekends - that's enjoyable. But the steaks are tasteless, the lamb was very fatty. Our waiter brought the entire wrong meal to my friend. We waited forever to be waited on when we first sat down. It took forever to get a drink from our waiter. Ken's is trying to become more upscale but it's not working!
- not what it washonestDined on 9/27/2014We used to love Ken's. Clearly, things have drastically changed. The menu is smaller cleaner. But the improvement ends there. There used to be an assortment of rolls served but now it is a basket of tasteless rolls that have some sort of indiscernible flavor to them. The Caesar salad was OK. And there used to be two sides to the rib roast but now only one is offered. And the roast beef was tough. It was so bad that neither of us could finish ours when we usually have empty plates. It was clear that the establishment is trying to cut costs but I fear that the end result will be to cut patrons. The only thing not cut was the price list. We are two of those patrons who will not return. What a disappointment.
- jesse was great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Hi we visit ken's often and have had a great experience each time. Our server Jesse was very friendly, poliite and made a very nice experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhouseSeafoodpaloozaDined on 9/14/2014We've been to Ken's on a number of occasions and have always been pleased with the food and service. The menu has a selection to please anyone's food preferences so it's a great place to take the family. Service is attentive and pleasant. Prices may appear to be high but the portions are large. We always end up taking some of our food home.Special Features:
- PassableBalloongirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014Weate in Cafe V. Much better than the rest of the restaurant, but it is tired and not up to whHat it once was
- A classic.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Perfectly done steaks, prime rib, and scallops. Really impressive wait staff. Wine selection is decent but the markup is 300-500% which is just way too much. I like a nice cabernet with a good steak, but I'll be having beer at Ken's from now on.Special Features:
- KensdrhcVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent service, friendly wait staff, food great, luncheon specials great valueSpecial Features:
- Ken's - Tried & TrueRSKIDined on 9/6/2014You always know what you'll get here. Done w/ quality & class. An "old school" place, definitely not a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken'sJR747VIPDined on 9/1/2014Quite nice, first visit, son attends Framinhgam State and we are from Illinois and it was recommended by his friends who live in the area. Was not very busy (we were there on the Monday of Labor day). Food was excellent, service was very good. Would suggest a moderate facelift of interior decor, nothing extravagant but some of the furnishings were a bit dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a ThrowbackRickDined on 8/30/2014Ken's is a decent restaurant that has stood the test of time. It seems to attract a sixty plus crowd. They have a nice lounge with live music. The food and drinks were good, didn't have room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a let down.BirthdayGirlDined on 8/26/2014I want to start off by saying the staff was very nice however, our meal was disappointing. The rolls were not fresh and I have had a better steak. It was cooked to the right temperature but it really was flavorless. I had to add salt to give it some taste. It was my birthday, so at the end of my meal we were excited for the free desert. Turns out it was real birthday cake that wasn't very fresh drizzled with chocolate sauce. Not impressed. Plus my $24 steak came with one side (I got asparagus-very tasty) but I felt like a baked potato and I had to pay an extra $3 for the potato! I think I meal should come with a choice of potato and a veggie. Tried it once won't go back unfortunately and wouldn't recommend it either.
- Old schoololdschoolDined on 8/12/2014Ken's has been around a long time. It's signature meals are better than good and comfortable. Don't plan on dancing.Special Features:
- KrisADined on 8/11/2014I hadn't been to Ken's Steakhouse in years and was wonderfully pleased that it was as delicious as I remember. It's such a classic and a little like going back in time when dining out was an "event." We were not rushed through our meal -- which was exceptional. We did not have time for dessert ... So will have to comment about that next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomsCoupleinloveDined on 8/9/2014It was very romantic. Our waiter was attentive to us and didnt come when we were mid-bite. Food was verrrryyy good. My bf didnt like the béarnaise sauce and asked for steak sauce instead. Good thing our waiter suggested the sauce on the side. Place was very relaxed, it was our first time there and def plan on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had clams casino as a first course and they were yummy. The interesting thing about Kens is that they are known for steaks, yet my girlfriend had cod an d I had swordfish and they were Both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dump the new menuDhbrDined on 8/3/2014They changed the menu recently. Removed steak tips which were one of their best dishes. Their chicken parm had the consistency of a cooked sponge. Yuk. Young server kept forgetting what we ordered. Got the main meal ok, but forgot my side dish.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprisedmaryellen01754Dined on 8/3/2014I had not eaten at Ken's for about 30 years and was wondering if they had kept up with the times. I must say the food was quite good (the Filet was perfect and melted in my mouth). Others in our party had the Chicken, pasta and broccoli and commented that it was the "most flavorful that he's ever eaten". The service was great, also. One downside is the smell when first walking into the restaurant. One would expect the tempting aroma of steaks broiling but instead are confronted with a strong musty smell. Not a great way to begin a dining experience.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD GREAT ATMOSPHERE.goodeatsDined on 7/29/2014A famous New England restaurant! Known for their steaks and salad dressings, their prime rib was wonderful too! As was their baked scallops. White Linen tablecloth, but casual dining. Warm onion bread was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at KensFloridagalDined on 7/28/2014The menu was very limited - there was no one in the place - maybe 2 other tables occupied - The waitress was blah. There were no specials like before. I would not go there again.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Ken's Steak House reviews archive.
- Ken's Steak Hs - Framingham, MAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014First time back in several years - had forgotten how lovely Ken's is furnished and how great their food is. Well worth the trip and will definitely be back. Hours may be a negative to late night as they close at 9:30pm but overall a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodVegasVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have been there three or four times this past year. Every time was much better then this. It was a slow night. The food was mediocre at best. The waitress appeared to have no training. At dessert there were empty glasses, cocktail sauce from the appetizer, salad plates etc...in my opinion, having waited table for years this should never happen. She was back and forth several times because she forgot things, just look around and clean your table! SOGGY salad, no excuse. Ken's was always famous for their ""included" crisp iceberg salad with their famous dressing which is still delicious. Not the worst food but tasteless. Sadly, we probably won't be returning.
- Special DinnerDonnalb48Dined on 6/29/2014We took our friends out to Ken's for dinner. It was the perfect "special" dining experience. The waiter could not have been more attentive. Our meals were delicious. I am not a steak eater so I ordered the fish and it was perfect. The steak eaters were also very pleased with their meals. Our friends were very pleased with the experience and it definitely felt special.Special Features:
- What happened to Ken's?MassDinerDined on 6/28/2014My ribeye was overcooked and about 1/8 thick. Ken's used to be known for excellent steaks. I told my waitress (Katherine) that my steak was a bit gristly and I would need a steak knife. No problem. This went right over her head. I hate sending food back, as do most people, so the chef should get it right the first time. If management is telling them to serve 1/8 ribeye's, one of the most expensive meals on the menu, then the problem isn't in the kitchen. I always loved eating there and we were very disappointed. What happened to the old Ken's?
- Great mealRobertVIPDined on 6/24/2014The salmon and steak were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- always a favoritemuffietinpanDined on 6/23/2014The prime rib was excellent, and our server Dominique was very attentive.
- winoDined on 6/18/2014very nice , server was excellent, had prime rib for lunch, and it was cooked as ordered, would have liked more juice with it, but other 2 guest had plenty, generally nice visit. would recommend for lunch. plenty of parking, just off rt.9 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family restaurantodinerDined on 6/15/2014Ken's steakhouse is a traditional American steakhouse. The setup is great for family gathering and special occasion; not really for romantic outings. Service is good. Good steak and seafood but the price is not cheap. I like their coffee.Special Features: