Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
5000 S Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kennyswoodfiredgrill.com/
- Phone: 9723929663
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Monday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Tuesday-Friday: 11:00am-12:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Bowers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill is reminiscent of a 1940’s Chicago style chophouse with a classy, relaxed and warm atmosphere featuring the finest wood grilled seafood and meats. Our well rounded menu represents the traditional American classics with an emphasis on Kenny’s specialty, New England style seafood. And, while you are waiting for your table in the dining room you can enjoy the energetic “goose bar” sipping on a Grey Goose™ martini poured from our signature frozen tap system or a great glass of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (188)fit for foodies (157)neighborhood gem (131)vibrant bar scene (114)great for lunch (106)romantic (106)hot spot (100)good for groups (78)notable wine list (37)late-night find (37)great for brunch (36)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Everything was fantastic! RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The ambiance was great. Just a little dark for reading , but great for a date. Food was perfectly seasoned and cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This is a stellar restaurant. I met Kenny early during my visit; I have moved to Dallas in the past 60 days. Kenny bought my first cocktail; he didn't have to do that, but I really appreciated his hospitality. The service and food were exceptional! If I had a choice of the place of my LAST MEAL ON EARTH it would at Kenny's Fire Wood Grill! There is nothing else to be saidSpecial Features:
- Steak goodsjw8911Dined on 8/29/2014Steak was really good. Side dishes and bread was questionable at least to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceSharonMDined on 8/28/2014Really delicious food here. Makes you realize that some of the places you have been have had terrible food in comparison...and that you can't go back to that. The service is excellent. I have had Mama Foo's Chinese meatballs, tenderloin crostini, crab cake, filet mignon, the Oscar, potato cakes, asparagus, and creamed corn. They are all terrific. Side note: The creamed corn is actually a little spicy. The chairs are armless, padded leather/wood and comfortable. It's usually packed and pretty noisy. That's not my favorite way to eat but the food is worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Our waiter Dylan Thompson was the best ever. He was personable, friendly and helpful. Very attentive- when he found out we were from out of town, he gave us several other restaurant recommendations to fill our week but asked us to come back and visit Kenny's, of course! And we definitely will. The restaurant is loud and dark but the food was amazing and the vodka was icy cold. We will come back for sure when we visit Dallas next time. We loved the popovers, the lobster deviled egg appetizer, the red shrimp dish, the pork chop (16oz.!) and the asada beef special. My greek salad was large and delicious also. And the key lime pie was tart and perfect.Special Features:
- Great PlaceYESorNoDined on 8/24/2014My first time there. Service and food were excellent. I'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatVikalaDined on 8/24/2014They are continuously adding new goodies to the menu. Haven't EVER had anything that wasn't good and that hasn't changed! Just love them popovers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Was pleased with our server and the food. Everything was cooked to our liking, but lacked flavor. Down side was the wait even with a reservation.Special Features:
- Only OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The noise level was very loud This may have been due to a table of six right behind us who wanted the entire restaurant to hear what they had to say. The restaurant was full so there was no other table open. My appetizer was delicious. My wedge salad was not a wedge. It looked like a round of lettuce that had been smashed with a plate. Tasted fine but was definitely not a wedge. The filet entrée had a swirl of oil surrounding it on the plate which made it less than desirable to finish. The filet was cooked to perfection. The key lime pie was delicious. The service was okay. The waitress reached across me and another diner several times, so close that I moved back one time. Definitely a no go again.Special Features:
- Kenny's is the best in DallasMarkDined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to Kenny's Wood Fired Grill for three years now and it's the best restaurant in Dallas, if you are one of the few that has not been to Kenny's get on it! The service is fantastic, the food is excellent, we have had all the appetizers and what happens on our most recent visit this weekend? Another fantastic new appetizer created by our waiter Eric no less! Amazing spinach and artichoke won tons, wow! Alex the bartender again hooks us up with grey goose on tap and we have a nice bottle of wine with our dinner. Once again Kenny's delivers in spades. What is not mentioned is how you meet new friends at the bar every time you come to Kenny's, it is just the place to be. See you there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassionDallasMallardDined on 8/22/2014There is always a wait for walk-ins, especially on the weekend, but the wait is worth it. Having a reservation is the best way to visit. The food is excellent and the drinks are substantial. The servers are well trained and could not be nicer.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!SleepysandiDined on 8/22/2014This was our second trip to Kenny's for Restaurant Week. The food was just as good as the first time which is why we wanted to go back. But the service was 5-star. Jordan anticipated our needs before we did. She brought us extra items when we couldn't decide. She poured my 1/2 finished martini from the bar into a fresh, ice cold glass when I got to the table. She was never far away. She was awesome! Make sure you have the Ahi Nachos and the crab cake. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lola2014Dined on 8/22/2014We love Kenny's, but it's a must to make a reservation, the place is packed no matter what night you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We tried to go to Kenny's several times and couldn't get in. Finally made it and it was definitely worth the wait.Special Features:
- CherylVIPDined on 8/21/2014Another homerun for Kenny's woodfired Grill . . .the service is always impeccable and this time did not disappoint . . .the food was excellent and since we were celebrating my best friends birthday, the attention was even more so . . .thank you for always surpassing our expectations . . .that's not easy to do, but you NEVER fail us!Special Features:
- Excellent food, Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Came for Restaurant Week and they did not disappoint. Each course was presented well and tasted even better. We choose to have cocktails and they were also delicious. Lastly, our server was attentive, excited, knowledgeable and very friendly. Overall we had a great experience and will go back!Special Features:
- SonjaDined on 8/20/2014Food and service was impeccable. Restaurant week at Kenny's gets better each year.Special Features:
- food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/20/2014i ate their twice, this past wedesday and then lunch this thursday. both times, i thought the food was just ok. I had the special steak with crabmeat and i thought the beef was too tenderized and the crab meat and sauce really not all that good. i believe the food has gone down hill since i was last in.. very ok food and way too much for what they charged on the steak, my bill was 125.00
- Always great!VandalDined on 8/20/2014Food is amazing and the service is fantastic. It's a small place, but you never feel cramed in.Special Features:
- Even better than its great reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014High energy but as close to perfection as imaginable. Food, service, environment. Packed but good humor abounds. Smiles everywhere. And runs perfectly on time.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014We go to Kenny's for various special occasions and then just when we want a tried and true experience. The food never disappoints. The sirloin crostini is a must. If you want some of the best BBQ in an upscale environment you've ever had, try the ribs - fall off the bone, ridiculous flavor.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicemgsidhomDined on 8/19/2014We came here for Restaurant Week. Normally, the servers rush you in & out and the portions are a fraction of their size. Not the case here. There was maybe a 15 minute wait for our reservation so we received a free appetizer in addition to the restaurant week menu. We got the HALF-POUND crab cake, which I highly recommend. The restaurant week menu started with a sampler of their tuna nacho and tenderloin crostini, both outstanding but I would favor the tenderloin. The salads were good but overdressed. The entrees were full-sized & HUGE. My wife and I took home leftovers - I got the ribs, she had the short rib - and had a full dinner the next night. No dessert for us but the overall experience was great & we will definitely be back.
- Worth it beyond Restaurant WeekyumyumDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed ourselves, the staff, and the food. Went for restaurant week which was a great deal but hubby ordered off menu. Pricing on menu was reasonable and I will come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have the croutons !!! Amazing!LesleyDined on 8/18/2014Home made croutons on the salad. I am on a no carb diet, but cannot resist the croutons. We recently went for restaurant week, although this was not our first time there. Kenny's is one of our favs. Excellent food without being snobish. The service was the wait staff is excellent. Always pouring more wine or water. I have never had a bad meal and we will always go back. The ONLY drawback is that it is pretty loud. NOt much space at the bar, but it is always crowded. The restaurant also is fairly noise. But, love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Martini LoverDinersndrinkersDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed having Jay for our waiter. Refreshing a martini with a new iced glass was perfect, and gets our vote for best service!Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Good food - great service = we ordered from Restaurant week menu and we all enjoyed our meals!Special Features:
- Impressive valueRobertDined on 8/16/2014We chose Kenny's due to being listed as a participant on OpenTable in Dallas' Restaurant Week and we are glad we did! We had the fixed R.W. menu and each course was wonderful. The regular menu is a value for the high quality of the food. Our server Brittany was very good. I'm so glad to know that Kenny's is open for lunch as that's our normal big meal. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- had to wait!dbakeDined on 8/13/2014We arrived on time for reservation. Had to wait 20 min after to be seated. Manager gave us complimentary apptz for waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutDined on 8/13/2014Our meal was delicious! One of the best meals we have ever had during restaurant week.Special Features:
- LuvRestWkDined on 8/13/2014Zack B our Server was one of the best I have ever had! Courteous, attentive without hovering, loves his job and was the best part of our dinning experience! -The beef is so tender a knife is not needed! -The noise level is such that I had a sore throat by the time I left just trying to carry on a conversation and HEAR my guest. -After the appetizer, the salad came out almost immediately! I doubt we each had more than two bites of salad when the entre was served. My guest and I each had four plates around us and we had not even finished the appetizer. We felt rushed, actually, like we were in the way, due to Restaurant Week perhaps? Cannot give it 5 stars due to all the food served at once and noise level.Special Features:
- Great foodTrainkcVIPDined on 8/11/2014First time at this restaurant and it was great, will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Nice PlacefoodlvrDined on 8/9/2014We went here to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was nice. The food was great and we were seated right away with our reservation. The service was a little slow, but once they did come over they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kenny's -Never Dis-appoints!!JerryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Incredible Service, Food that is impeccable and Grey Goose on Tap brings us back to Kenny's over and over again! Oh, did I forget to mention the "over the top" pop overs? For those of you that have not tried Kenny's, treat yourselves to a great experience. Reservations a must!Special Features:
- Always a homerunDaveDined on 8/9/2014We were first tried Kenny's during Restaurant Week and enjoying a sampling of many items. We have returned numerous times and love the food EVERYTIME. Always have good suggestions from wait staff on food and drink choices. Some of our favorite specials have even made the menu permanently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backJohnJDined on 8/8/2014Food was great. Service very friendly but slow and not real attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good mealNelsVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service. Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. I would visit Kenny's Wood Fired Grill again with a small group or just a couple people. The room was pretty dark, but my eyes adjusted after a few minutes.
- Best Business Lunch HotspotMStanfordDined on 8/6/2014My agents started requesting this place, and now I suggest it. Best Caesar salad ever. Popovers a great touch. But the service is absolutely the best, even though it's usually packed. They even knew my name by the reservation! Classy place with a great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!luvfoodieDined on 8/5/2014I heard of the place but thought it was another chain restaurant. My best friend her mother and I walked in first not knowing what we were going to walk into as the windows are dark shaed. To our surprise the ambiance was buzzing with a good crowd around the bar. Thankfully we ended up with Daniel our waiter and he was extremely attentive and charming The food was spectacular! He brought us their signature cheese bread and we order the adult Mac n Cheese. We ordered the steak with crab sauce and a side of cream spinach and the short ribs with a side of asparagus. So delicious I can't stop thinking about the food. I used to live in Dallas but visit often. I'll make sure to stop by when I'm in town again. Bravo to the Chef and Ownership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERPERB!WineFineFoodsDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was incredible!! We had a guest with special dietary restrictions and the waiter was so helpful and made it comfortable for her and fun!! I will continue to repeat my visits to Kenny's!Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and Jay are server was very knowledgeable about the menu. The only negative is that the restaurant is really dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.