Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
5000 S Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kennyswoodfiredgrill.com/
- Phone: 9723929663
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Monday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Tuesday-Friday: 11:00am-12:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Bowers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill is reminiscent of a 1940’s Chicago style chophouse with a classy, relaxed and warm atmosphere featuring the finest wood grilled seafood and meats. Our well rounded menu represents the traditional American classics with an emphasis on Kenny’s specialty, New England style seafood. And, while you are waiting for your table in the dining room you can enjoy the energetic “goose bar” sipping on a Grey Goose™ martini poured from our signature frozen tap system or a great glass of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (178)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (109)vibrant bar scene (104)romantic (95)hot spot (95)good for groups (76)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (35)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Martini LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed having Jay for our waiter. Refreshing a martini with a new iced glass was perfect, and gets our vote for best service!Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Good food - great service = we ordered from Restaurant week menu and we all enjoyed our meals!Special Features:
- Impressive valueRobertDined on 8/16/2014We chose Kenny's due to being listed as a participant on OpenTable in Dallas' Restaurant Week and we are glad we did! We had the fixed R.W. menu and each course was wonderful. The regular menu is a value for the high quality of the food. Our server Brittany was very good. I'm so glad to know that Kenny's is open for lunch as that's our normal big meal. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- had to wait!dbakeDined on 8/13/2014We arrived on time for reservation. Had to wait 20 min after to be seated. Manager gave us complimentary apptz for waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutDined on 8/13/2014Our meal was delicious! One of the best meals we have ever had during restaurant week.Special Features:
- LuvRestWkDined on 8/13/2014Zack B our Server was one of the best I have ever had! Courteous, attentive without hovering, loves his job and was the best part of our dinning experience! -The beef is so tender a knife is not needed! -The noise level is such that I had a sore throat by the time I left just trying to carry on a conversation and HEAR my guest. -After the appetizer, the salad came out almost immediately! I doubt we each had more than two bites of salad when the entre was served. My guest and I each had four plates around us and we had not even finished the appetizer. We felt rushed, actually, like we were in the way, due to Restaurant Week perhaps? Cannot give it 5 stars due to all the food served at once and noise level.Special Features:
- Great foodTrainkcVIPDined on 8/11/2014First time at this restaurant and it was great, will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Nice PlacefoodlvrDined on 8/9/2014We went here to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was nice. The food was great and we were seated right away with our reservation. The service was a little slow, but once they did come over they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kenny's -Never Dis-appoints!!JerryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Incredible Service, Food that is impeccable and Grey Goose on Tap brings us back to Kenny's over and over again! Oh, did I forget to mention the "over the top" pop overs? For those of you that have not tried Kenny's, treat yourselves to a great experience. Reservations a must!Special Features:
- Always a homerunDaveDined on 8/9/2014We were first tried Kenny's during Restaurant Week and enjoying a sampling of many items. We have returned numerous times and love the food EVERYTIME. Always have good suggestions from wait staff on food and drink choices. Some of our favorite specials have even made the menu permanently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backJohnJDined on 8/8/2014Food was great. Service very friendly but slow and not real attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good mealNelsVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service. Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. I would visit Kenny's Wood Fired Grill again with a small group or just a couple people. The room was pretty dark, but my eyes adjusted after a few minutes.
- Best Business Lunch HotspotMStanfordDined on 8/6/2014My agents started requesting this place, and now I suggest it. Best Caesar salad ever. Popovers a great touch. But the service is absolutely the best, even though it's usually packed. They even knew my name by the reservation! Classy place with a great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!luvfoodieDined on 8/5/2014I heard of the place but thought it was another chain restaurant. My best friend her mother and I walked in first not knowing what we were going to walk into as the windows are dark shaed. To our surprise the ambiance was buzzing with a good crowd around the bar. Thankfully we ended up with Daniel our waiter and he was extremely attentive and charming The food was spectacular! He brought us their signature cheese bread and we order the adult Mac n Cheese. We ordered the steak with crab sauce and a side of cream spinach and the short ribs with a side of asparagus. So delicious I can't stop thinking about the food. I used to live in Dallas but visit often. I'll make sure to stop by when I'm in town again. Bravo to the Chef and Ownership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERPERB!WineFineFoodsDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was incredible!! We had a guest with special dietary restrictions and the waiter was so helpful and made it comfortable for her and fun!! I will continue to repeat my visits to Kenny's!Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and Jay are server was very knowledgeable about the menu. The only negative is that the restaurant is really dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJ7492Dined on 8/3/2014Our first visit was an evening meal two weeks prior and the noise level was a bit more than we anticipated but everything else was so wonderful, we barely noticed it after a while! Brunch on the second visit at 11:00 a.m. was quiet, relaxing, attentive in every way and delicious beyond description! What a pleasure to dine here, we will return for another awesome experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014When Im in Dallas, we always make sure to stop by Kennys for a delicious dinner. There seafood options are the best, and their steak is fantastic as well. Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KelleyDined on 8/2/2014We went to a 5:30 dinner on a Saturday night to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday. The reservations were easy to do. We arrived and were immediately seated. The waitress - Amber - was wonderful! She was very patient, customer service oriented, friendly and very talented in carrying the food and drinks!!! The pace of food disbursement was excellent. There was never a feeling of being rushed out; like so many other restaurants. The manager came over at one point to wish my mother-in-law a happy birthday and presented her with a token of appreciation. That was wonderful! She loved the attention. ;) Overall, the experience was a great one! I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingK97jw04Dined on 8/1/2014Food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Had the coconut shrimp and ahi tuna nacho for appetizers, Filet and halibut for entrees. My new favorite place and less expensive compared to other high-end restaurants and steakhouses in Dallas. My only complaint was the restaurant was a bit noisy, but I suppose this is to be expected at a popular, crowded place. We will return very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as always!gfdinerDined on 8/1/2014LOVE Kenny's. Gluten free friendly and knowledgable. Just about anything can be made gluten free and they have gluten free rolls. Foo tini is delicious! Also, ask for Eric. Kindest, best service I've ever had dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fourth time, just as goodksparkDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Kenny's four times: twice for lunch and twice for dinner. All times the food and service were excellent. If I could have any complaint at all, it is only that this last Thursday it was pretty loud, which I hadn't had problems with before even on Saturday night. Nothing unbareable and conversation was still easily manageable. But what can you do when everyone in town wants to eat at Kenny's every night of the week?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedge Salad was terrific as always.KimberlyDined on 7/31/2014We always enjoy Kenny's Grill. We go every chance we get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014The food and the service were excellent. The noise level was way to high for carrying on conversations.Special Features:
- Great Bus LunchFoodieinPlanoDined on 7/30/2014I love the Kenny's Restaurants. The Wood Fired Grill is a favorite of mine for business lunches. The food is carefully prepared, and is a exemplified in each bite. The services is attentive and the food delicious. Some of my favorites include the Kimberly's Chicken Salad, Clam Chowder and Fish specials.Special Features:
- Very EnergeticGrandmommyDined on 7/27/2014We went on a Sun. evening for our anniversary dinner. The place was full but they had our table ready for us and seated us immediately. Lynn, our server, was very pleasant and helpful. Brought our wine right away and salads were about 5 min. later. Did not wait long for our dinner. Both our plates were delicious. I had the redfish and my hubs had the tuna steak. Definitely recommend both. For dessert we had the creme brulee and bread pudding. The creme brulee was not as creamy as we like, but still very good. Loved the bread pudding. To top off our evening, the mgr., Derek I think, brought us a gift card to use on our next visit. We will definitely be back. Want to try the hamburgers we keep hearing about.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ChoiceAtmosphere2FoodDined on 7/27/2014We went to Kenny's to catch up with a friend who has been living out of town. We ordered the Tenderloin Crostini as an appetizer and it was AMAZING. The Texas Mule was different, yet delightful. There are simply no words to describe the entrees we ordered as they were beyond words (I fully suggest the Beef Short Rib, Chilean Sea Bass, and the Salmon. The atmosphere was dark, but intimate. Noise level was high enough to let you know you're at a hot spot, but low enough that you can enjoy your conversation. The service was impeccable. I wouldn't have the money to eat like this every night, but when an occasion presents itself I'll definitely be suggesting a return trip to Kenny's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Exceptional service and outstanding food! I would highly recommend Kenny's Wood Fired Grill to anyone that wants great tasting food at a reasonable price. Excellent Mac N Cheese and Potatoe Cakes!!!Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014The server told us the restaurant is known for its food and its service. We could request the kitchen to make anything we'd like and they would do it. We ordered off the menu, but the food was great, and the service was exceptional. The only criticism is the noise factor. Kenny's appears to be a local favorite - it was a Thursday night dinner at 6pm. Will return again soon.Special Features:
- Food...great! scene...very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food here is amazing and I will continue to come back for that. My only complaint is the noise level but that's because I come for business meetings. However I will be sure change that and only come to socialize.Special Features:
- It's always excellentTimDDined on 7/24/2014It is. Service, food and vibe are always wonderful. You do,need to make Open Table reservations though, which is,actually easier than calling there.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedSoManyRestaurantstoTryDined on 7/23/2014Never disappointed! Food and service is always outstanding. Be sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I love Kenny's. It is a great place. The food is great and they consistently exceed expectations. The wait staff is also incredible.Special Features:
- Outstanding! A favorite for us!BigAppetite61Dined on 7/21/2014Kenny's has top-notch food and impeccable service. It has become a favorite for our family! By any measure, one of Dallas' dining gems! Go tonight...today...right now!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MISSYRENEE1Dined on 7/19/2014Kenny's Wood Fire Grill is one of my favorite restaurants. The service is always top notch. They cater to you and will do everything to meet your requests. The food is amazing and cooked to perfection. I will always recommend this to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!CJ7492Dined on 7/18/2014Kenny's was recommended to us by friends and now I know why! From the moment we arrived to when we left, we were impressed with the entire experience! Service was impeccable as well as the food! We will return again to see if this was just our lucky day or was this their normal routine? Thank you for the attention to detail in every way. C&JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and SteakSherriSherryDined on 7/18/2014Our server Rene was informative and friendly, she guided us through both the drink and dinner menu. Your popovers were a great surprise along with the wonton appetizer. We ordered the rib eyes and chicken dishes and all four of us were extremely satisfied with the flavors, portion sizes and the correct temperature of our steaks. We will add this to our list of favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencegoodfoodfanDined on 7/17/2014Great food and service this place is a must! You need reservations no matter what night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceloneidDined on 7/13/2014All ways a fantastic place to eat with a menu that satisfies all your wants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGfdinerDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant was a little pricey, but the service was excellent. I am allergic to gluten, and our server made sure that I was provided with gluten-free options. He was very helpful with recommendations, and took care of us very well through our dining experience. The food is excellent, though I like the prices for their lunch menu a little better than the dinner menu.Special Features: