Kenny's Smoke House
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Kenny's Smoke House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kennyssmoke.com/
- Phone: (972) 473-7478
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Kenny Bowers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kenny's Smoke House
Kenny's Smoke House goes beyond barbecue and is not typical counter service. It is full service, has a full bar with Grey Goose on tap. It is the upper end of casual dining.The menu features traditional BBQ along with Kenny's signature creations such as Smoked Salmon, Ahi Tuna Nachos, Pork Chops and Filet Mignon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kenny's Smoke House - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Kenny's Smoke House reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (31)good for groups (23)hot spot (21)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good BBQ, Good ServiceBuyALampDined on 11/20/2014I met a friend here for dinner on a Wednesday. We had a bottle of wine, all of which was well priced even though it was a limited selection. Nice beer list. The waitstaff was well trained and attentive. Our server had great suggestions. We started with the pulled pork tostados - Very good, would have preferred a shredded real cheese instead of the queso but they were good. We each had a two meat plate - not on the menu, but similar to the meat sampler (this has 4 meats). My friend had pulled pork and jalapeno cheddar sausage with fries side and I had 1/2 chicken with 2 slices of marbled brisket with collard greens side. In addition my friend ordered 2 ribs and we had those. I took home the leg quarter of my chicken and a rib. Overall everything we tried was great. Service was good as well. I can see that the noise could get a little excessive on a busy night b/c we had to speak up even on a random Wednesday. Something to consider for a business dinner later in the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightDebraVIPDined on 11/10/2014Amazing food but servers are very hit & miss. Either they are great or NOT. I hope you are lucky enough to get one of the good ones when you go. Maybe some basic training is needed for the male servers. They are much more interested in watching the game than their customers. We are regulars and every female server we have had has been EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Bring back the porkchopDguevraDined on 11/8/2014The porkchop is missed and the replacement with pulled pork does not compare to the delicious chop. You never forget ur first.Special Features:
- FoodPdaburnsDined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent. Better than expected.. We loved it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay!ReneeGVIPDined on 10/31/2014I love Kenny's restaurants and this was no exception! The service was great and I'm so glad our server Darius talked me into the special chili because it was DELICIOUS. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/29/2014The food was good as usual. Tried the chili and it was very tasty. The beef ribs were tender and tasted good. They were coated with more BBQ sauce than I would prefer though
- Nice optionHopJimDined on 10/29/2014Not the best or cheapest bbq I've had in Texas, but a good combination of atmosphere, service, and food. Would go back.Special Features:
- Food overcooked and DrydufferDined on 10/23/2014Had the smoked Turkey breast and ir was over cooked, dry, and rather tasteless. Given the price charged and experience at other Kenny's restaurants, I really expected better
- Food was wonderful!Foodluv51Dined on 10/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant because the food was outstanding. You definitely need a reservation on Saturday evening because it was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale barbequeRodeoqueenDined on 10/10/2014Tender, flavorful and upscale. Not your typical barbeque place. The meats, side dishes and dessert were fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Experience.ByrdVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food and service was great. Get the prime rib special on Sunday. It's huge!!!Special Features:
- pricey BBQSantaDined on 9/28/2014Smoke Salmon was a awesome starter (consistant with all locations). The house Margaritas mix was good. 1$ taco was good (change to a thin corn tortilla so customers wont get full from flour). Combo platter; briscut was a little tough, ribs were killer, pork was good, find a different sausage. Cheddar cheese doesn't fit this price point eatery. Sides were, ok.... Wednesday Special: 4 street tacos with Pico and Avacado condiments on the platter $9
- Awesome ExperienceMaddieCDined on 9/20/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great overall experience!! Love the ahi tuna nachos and coconut shrimp appetizers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Kenny's Smoke HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Been to all of the Kenny's restaurants and this one did not disappoint. Excellent food and service. Great portions and a nice variety to choose from.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2014Our server, Jackson, was fabulous! He was very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Kenny'sBrentDined on 9/7/2014Great food, great drinks and always wanting to accommodate their customers. Plus, they have a great happy hour (food and drinks) on SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerBbqfansDined on 9/6/2014Kennys Smokehouse did not disappoint. The staff is wonderful, welcoming and efficient. Jalapeño poppers filled with brisket are delicious! Beef ribs are the best, and we had St. Louis style spareribs which were tender fall off the bone. Great portions. Coleslaw is a bit too much mayonnaise for our taste, but good. Onions rings very good. People at bar watching football kind of loud, but it was fine... Definitely be back, and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Spur of the moment went for dollar tacos. Kennys is always awesome. Staff is always knowledgeable. Food is always spectacular. Always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ in the area!UndiscoveredPatronVIPDined on 8/29/2014We didn't expect much but we're pleasant surprised, we arrived late and recieved top notch service and it turned out to be some of the most amazing BBQ in Texas! It's clean and friendly with a nice selection of beers and wine. The sides are really awesome and try the jalapeño corn bread. I would give it my highest recommendation for BBQ and you can't beat the price. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Smokehouse Sampler RocksPhotobombDined on 8/29/2014Very tight spot at the bar, having to dick and weave the waitstaff coming through this small space was a little bothersome. But food was typical Kenny's - outstanding. Ribs fell off the bone, brisket was buttery smooth, pork was juicy and sausage spicy!! Loved it. Mac and cheese also a highlight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ, doesn't match the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014If you just rate the flavor of the meat, it's 5 stars. Overall experience is only above average. It was hard to find the blue cheese, bacon and avocado in my Cobb salad, Mac & cheese and cole slaw were swimming in liquid. Portions are small for the price. Extremely loud. Good place to meet a client for lunch, but not a destination for a special occasion. Doesn't seem to have the overall great experience of Kenny's Italian or Wood Fired Grill.
- Kenny's Smoke HouseBbqlovers88Dined on 8/24/2014The service was outstanding! The smoked brisket and smoked Gouda Mac and cheese were delish. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome barbecue!norsebassistDined on 8/20/2014This was my second visit; I had the hickory grilled miso glaze salmon both times - it is amazing! My wife had the brisket and she loved it. You also need to get Kenny's Jalapeño Corn Bread to go with your meal - hot and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFool2222VIPDined on 8/16/2014Kenny's never fails to produce delicious, savory food that makes your mouth water for more. Our server Amanda was great, friendly and joked around with our sense of humor.Special Features:
- Smoke House Gem!dandsbDined on 8/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Kenny’s Smoke House. The brisket was outstanding and probably the best we have eaten. This says a lot since we love to smoke our own brisket (which is really good!) and BBQ quite often. We ordered the Beef Ribs and sample plate, plus several sides. Everything was delicious and fresh. Dinner plate portions are large and we brought home leftovers which we enjoyed the following night. Highly recommend, in fact, we will be back and bringing friends! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Excellente'iCfoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Kansas City Tacos were so very tasty. Just the right amount of spicieness. The prime rib special looked awesome. It was an exteremely busy night so service was hectic. Overall, ...Primo Excellente'!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Party spot,.........very loud, very loud, very loud. very loud, very lowudSpecial Features:
- MurphyDined on 7/31/2014Service was excellent. Food was great. Ambience was a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the Kenny's Smoke House reviews archive.
- Kenney's Smoke HouseKM123Dined on 7/26/2014Our visit to the Smoke House was our first, and I can honestly say that the meal was fabulous. The wood-smoked meats are delicious and the smell of the wood was mouthwatering! Portions are generous and each of our group took food home. The salads are delicious as well as the sides. Our favorite meats-brisket and smoked turkey. This might be a good place to order meats for a home gathering. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Average BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Only average. Not bad food. Service was adequate. Will definitely try other Legacy Shops restaurants before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great service. Tender, moist and tangy brisket. 28 degree Vodka on tap makes for great martinis. Brisket nachos are a great way to start. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I'm not a barbeque aficionado, but the food here was wonderful. I could tell by the aroma before we entered the restaurant that the smokey goodness would be worth the trip - and it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FooddodieroyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We are particularly fond of the smoked prime rib and onion fries, and there is a great bear selection to go with...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every food item is excellentRazzyDined on 7/11/2014From the prime rib to the beef ribs to the chicken fingers everything tastes wonderful. Sides are large for sharing. Nice craft beer selection and of course grey goose on tap. Tried the tostado apppetizers for the first time and they are delicious. Ended with the chocolate brownie, which is made daily and does not last long with my crew. Always end up with take away boxes but save room for dessertSpecial Features:
- Allenite40Allenite40Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have been here a few times now. We absolutely LOVE it!!! The service is great and the BBQ is so very flavorful and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcheeseysteakDined on 7/10/2014We were looking for great smoked meats this was not near as good as an BBQ joint.
- Great Upscale BBQMrskdkDined on 7/2/2014Kenny's is always great food and great service! The jalapeño appetizers alone are worth coming in for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par...LisaTDined on 6/28/2014This was our 4th visit to Kenny's, and though it has typically been a nice experience, this time was disappointing. The little things just added up -- no garnish or stirrers in our cocktails, we were seated at a dirty table (cleared but not wiped down or re-set), we had to ask repeatedly for sweetener for our tea, the waitress did not know the dressings on the Cobb salad, the type of marbling ordered on the brisket was not the type received, and our waitress stopped to ask us how our food was no less than seven times while we were trying to eat and talk. It just wasn't a very good experience over-all. Not sure if we'll be back there any time soon...
- Guys love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014I'm not especially a fan of BBQ. I always get the salmon @ Kenny's. IT's good although a little dry. I found the Mac n cheese to be swimming in it's creamy sauce, so not up to expectation. The shrimp appetizer was pretty good with a variety of sauces to accompany. The rest of our party loved their BBQ sampler plates or their lean brisket. Kenny's is very good about making substitutions so as to please. Our waitress, Jennifer, was a TRIP. She was helpful, funny, friendly but not overbearing! The birthday boy at our table was given a giftcard to Kenny's for a return trip. Always wise to make a reservation in advance to insure being seated without a long wait.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchHappyDined on 6/22/2014We took my 92 year old father here for lunch on Father's Day, he loves BBQ. The reception we got put the biggest smile on his face. They complimented him on his funny t-shirt he was wearing and he was so excited about it and the food, he wanted to back there the next Sunday. They remembered him when he walked in and even offered a free appetizer. Haven't seen him this excited about a restaurant...ever! Great manager and great waitress, very attentive to customer needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.