1504 Government St
Ocean Springs, MS 39564Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.letseat.at/KennyWards
- Phone: 2288184505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny Ward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Kenny Ward's
Winner of the "Taste of Ocean Springs" food and wine festival two years in a row with Kenny’s fresh sea scallops wrapped in Applewood smoked bacon , grilled and topped with crabmeat and Maytag bleu cheese cream sauce.Continued
Winner of the 2010 Covey award for "Best Steaks" on the coast.
Winner of the 2010 Covey award for "Best Steaks" on the coast.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kenny Ward's reviews from OpenTable diners
- My steak was cooked exactlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012My steak was cooked exactly as I asked and it melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Worth the cost?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2012The server brought out these little planks of wood and stated that the steaks were going to come out on sizzling platters. They brought out our steaks on super hot plates, but the planks were not big enough to keep the plates from wobbling, so everytime you went to cut your steak you were risking injury. The steaks were very tender and cooked properly but seemed very underseasoned. The crab soup was wonderful. I just don't know if the cost was justified for the whole meal.Special Features:
- The entree was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The entree was delicious, however, the cost of the entree for the amount of food you receive will cause me not to return.
- Best steak we've had sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2012Best steak we've had since Hurricane Katrina. Crab cake was crab not stuffing only with a hint of crab.Special Features:
- A quiet Friday night, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2012A quiet Friday night, which was a little surprising. Service was attentive and knowledgable, while the food was very good, if a little over-priced. Great menu, something for everyone and a good selection of Gulf Coast favorites. The presentation was excellent. The wine list had a wide range of bottles, including a favorite. A nice little neighborhood spot in Ocean Springs.
- The atmosphere was in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2012The atmosphere was in the nature of a neighborhood restaurant from the quaint surroundings of the dining area to the Chef/Owner/Namesake introducing himself at the table to inquire of any needs. The food was excellent. The steaks were proclaimed by the establishment to be award winning and indeed they were. From the crab cakes to the scallops, the seafood was also outstanding. We will certainly return for an encore presentation when we venture back to the Biloxi area.Special Features:
- The food was sort of blandOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/21/2012The food was sort of bland and definitely not worth the price. If you want steak or seafood, there are far better places for both in OS and biloxi. I don't expect fried seafood at a place like this. Also, their martinis are too sweet and girly. It's a cozy little place, but nothing special about the atmosphere. It was an average experience at best.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Kenny Ward's is a staple for my family. We love the restaurant for its amazing steak and seafood. I recommend the surf and turf with the filet mignon and a crab cake. Most certainly the best crab cake on the coast!Special Features:
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2011My husband and I went for my birthday and it was fantastic! THE best crab cakes I've ever had and there's a reason Kenny Ward's has won 'best steak in town' for years. It will melt in your mouth! We were given the raspberry and blueberry trifle for dessert and it was fabulous! Altogether, a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011We enjoyed our meal and the waitress did a good job handling the bottle of wine we sent back, willing to replace the bottle. Seemed to have too many waiters, way more than the number of customers. It was somewhat annoying. Good steaks!
- Everything tasted great withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2011Everything tasted great with the exception of the temperature of our entrees. They just were not hot enough.Special Features:
- Never againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Oh, my goodness!! Terribly overpriced!! My husband & I are foodies who have no problem paying top dollar for fine dining, but this was so disappointing after reading such sterling reviews!! There were 10 people at 7:30 on a Saturday night there when we dined. The kitchen messed up our steak prep instructions even though my husband & I gave IDENTICAL orders! This could be somewhat forgivable if the restaurant had been very busy, but as I stated, there were 10 people. Our salads & "twice baked potatoes" were also sad offerings with little imagination or presentation. Lastly, our wine pour was so sparse that I waited until our steaks arrived so that I wouldn't run out; it was also warm, not slightly chilled as preferred. Never again.
- Great Char-broiled oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/23/2011Great Char-broiled oysters! Crab soup was so-so. The filet was amazing and the special halibut with a white cream sauce was delicious!Special Features:
- Quiet Dinner for two?? hmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2011For a romantic dinner for two I would not suggest this place. It is small and we happened to come when they had a private party. So needless to say the environment was very loud. If you are looking for a private and quiet dining for two I would not suggest this place. For a "fine dining" resturant the table was not set up properly. Napkins set up backwards, salad fork the same size as the dinner. The service was good and very polite but not educated in fine dining serving. Over all it was very good.Special Features:
- Great dining experience. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2011Great dining experience. Friendly staff, great food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- The resturant was very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011The resturant was very noisy. We were hoping to have a quiet romatic dinner, but it was more like a bar than a resturant. Also, the price did not match the food quality. Our steak was more fat than meat. Our steaks tasted like gas and it was perfectly cooked on the inside but charcoal on the outside. My potato was cold. The food was okay. When we booked the reservation at Kenny Ward's we assumed that the quality would be better. The sign out front states "voted best steak on the coast". I beg to differ. Our service on the other hand was outstanding. Our waitress was very polite and very well-mannered. Overall I would give this resturant on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being excellent a 4.Special Features:
- Great food! Great Service!veggiedrDined on 1/29/2011Great food! Great Service! Extensive martini menu!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING fillet Mignon!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2011OUTSTANDING fillet Mignon!!! I have traveled all over the world and eaten at the best steak houses around, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Shula's, Gallagher's, you name it, from New York to LA, Paris to Rome. You won't find a better Steak! I am not a local to Ocean Springs, just happened to find this using Open Table, thought I'd give it a try? MAN, I AM GLAD I DID!!!!Special Features:
- I had seen the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2010I had seen the restaurant featured some time ago on Channel 13 TV and had been planning to check it out for some time. The food was excellent - we had the scallops and blackened redfish and were delighted with them both. I highly recommend for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Kenny Wards was our best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2010Kenny Wards was our best dining experience on the Gulf Coast. Great service, atmosphere, etc. All of the food was delicious!Special Features:
- My husband and I were alreadyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010My husband and I were already planning to come back before we even left our table. All our friend and family heard of or wonderful meal on Monday too!! Keep up the great work!
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2010This was our first visit to Kenny Ward's, recommended by a friend. Nice atmosphere and the martini menu is great! Dinner was very good, cooked perfectly (I had filet mignon and my husband had the bacon wrapped scallops). I do think it was a bit overpriced but an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Exceptional dishes and a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2010Exceptional dishes and a very personable staff. Can not go wrong with the steak or the duck. Kenny even comes out to make sure your meal was acceptable.Special Features: