327 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kennedysny.com/
- Phone: 2123993900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Irish
- Executive Chef: Chef O'Connor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering.
A word from Kennedy's
For delicious Irish fare in a relaxed dining atmosphere, visit New York's Kennedy's Steak & Seafood House. An Irish restaurant unlike any other in the middle of Manhattan, this eatery is located near Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kennedy's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perfection!!PennyjeansDined on 4/20/2013My family and I spent a long day in NYC, brunch, shopping, Lincoln Center performance, more walking. And at the day's end, we just wanted some meat and potatoes in a comfy atmosphere - we found that and more at Kennedy's! Located them through the Open Table App and gave it a try. Perfect! My husband had an excellent steak. My lamb chops were divine. The kids had a delectable mac and cheese and excellent french onion soup - even the bread basket was filled with an great selection. Perfect from start to finish - thank you - we'll be back and we'll send our friends!Special Features:
- The steaks we ordered wereBigginsVIPDined on 4/5/2013The steaks we ordered were overcooked but still had some flavor. The service was slower than it should have been given that it was not a busy night. I was told they make a good burger so I would go back to try that but not for the steak.Special Features:
- Must have TroutFirstTimeDined on 3/17/2013Best trout that I have ever had. This is a must for a fantastic sea food dinner.Special Features:
- I can only speak for the St.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I can only speak for the St. Patricks Day Menu which was very unexpected. It did not compare even remotely to what their regular menu is and failed miserably. You also could not order from the regular menu. I was very disappointed.
- Fireplace in JFK grill roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2013Fireplace in JFK grill room is a big plus. Service was attentive. Arianna our waitress was top notch and couldn't do enough for us.Special Features:
- Very mediocre restaurant.HowardVIPDined on 3/7/2013Very mediocre restaurant. I ordered lamb chops medium rare;they came more like medium well. A comfortable room, but nothing more. Come here for drinks; not to eat.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/23/2013Third time here- and still awesome every time! Great service, delicious food... not rushed. Had a romantic evening! Will be back!Special Features:
- Rack of lamb was excellent;SuzanneDined on 2/23/2013Rack of lamb was excellent; steak was dry. Needs a little more attention to service but overall worth trying.
- High standard for Irish fareTurkVIPDined on 2/22/2013High standard for Irish fare with a sophisticated NY accent. The soup are sublime as are the burgers, especially when sitting near the fireplace.Special Features:
- Friendly service, generousFredKDined on 2/19/2013Friendly service, generous portions, warm atmosphere. We enjoyed Kennedy's.Special Features:
- For some reason, the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013For some reason, the wait staff disappeared in the middle of our meal resulting in our drinks not getting refilled. This had a big impact on our enjoyment of the meal and impacted my rating.Special Features:
- We'll be back!TriciaDDined on 2/13/2013We went with a Groupon which made this an unbelievable value. They were very generous with the Groupon and we could order anything from their list of entrees including Surf & Turf and the Two Lobster Tail dinner, which is exactly what we did! They were incredibly good. I would definitly dine here again, even without the Groupon and order those lobster tails again! By the way, the Filet Mignon served with the Surf and Turf was also very good, so I am guessing most of their steaks would be a good choice as well if that is your preference. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It will be a while beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013It will be a while before I try Kennedy's again. The service was mediocre and the 20% gratuity automatically included in the bill was undeserved. I ordered the tuna steak medium rare and what I got, finally after everyone else at my table was served, was well done. Overall I was quite disappointed.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Kennedy's - from the roaring fireplace, to the jazz band, to the food and service. We were given a drink on the house because they did not have my husband's first choice for entree available when we were there. That was a nice, unexpected touch. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Kevin was our waiter and heOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2013Kevin was our waiter and he did a fantastic job! My steak was cooked perfectly and the portion size was just right. Kevin made us feel right at home, helped us with the menu and did not make a face when we showed him our Groupon. Not only will we be back, we will recommend it to anyone we know visiting NYC!Special Features:
- Went on a groupon deal andBetsyVIPDined on 1/20/2013Went on a groupon deal and had an enjoyable meal of rib-eye steaks. Drinks (martini and red wine) were also very good. The ambiance was cozy -a working gas fireplace and lots of wood paneling. It was our first time there but probably won't be our last.Special Features:
- What a Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2013Wow, came here on a groupon and it was outstanding. They let us have what we wanted, even the specials. The crab cake on a bed of caesar salad was wonderful, and then we both had the surf and turf. It was a 10 oz filet mignon and a very large lobster tail. Both were cooked to perfection. Although the place looks to be old and around for a while, the wait staff was prompt and again, the food just melted in your mouth.Special Features:
- A classic Irish restuarant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2013A classic Irish restuarant. Good service--polite, warm, and attentive. Scrumptous portions for both food and drink. Ate there before Carnegie Hall--well located. If you are not looking for an "hot-spot" this place should please you. Maybe it is a hot-spot: a fireplace is at the center of the main dining roomSpecial Features:
- Booked this without realizingGrayFalVIPDined on 12/31/2012Booked this without realizing they had a Price-Fixed New Years Eve Menu - but did not disappoint. Appies of Fresh Crab & Avocado plus the Mesclun Salad with goat cheese were great as were the Roasted Rack of Lamb & Prime Rib. Great value for the price paid, would return to try regular menu - wonderful, relaxed atmosphere - our table was in front of the roaring fire - felt like I was in a country inn, not NYC.Special Features:
- Fantastic Surf & Turf, engagingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Fantastic Surf & Turf, engaging staff... the Mussels are also a must-try!Special Features:
- Awsome Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012I can't believe how nice and family oriented this place was. I loved it so much I am going to keep on coming.
- Reservation was made throughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2012Reservation was made through Open Table, however, when we arrived, we were told that they don't check Open Table. We ended up being seated in the bar area which was less then optimal. As far as the food, my steak was under-cooked and my guest's was over-cooked. Service was extremely slow. I will not be returning.
- We went to Kennedys for anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012We went to Kennedys for an early dinner. We are from out of town and not familiar with restaurants in the city, but found Kennedys on the internet and it was close to where we would be in the city. Our dinner was superb-my husband had a ribeye steak, which was seasoned and cooked to perfection. Our server was very good and the ambiance was wonderful. At one point during our meal, the owner of Kennedys made the rounds of tables and welcomed everyone to his restaurant and made sure everyone was pleased with their meals. We were very satisfied and will definitely return next time we are in the city.Special Features:
- Good steak. Bad management.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2012Manager was unprofessional and greeted negatively. "We got a problem". Whoever answered phone was not aware that there was a buyout party. Manager handled poorly and was rude. Server was good but corrected my shortcut of saying "Cab" with "Cabernet". Didn't appreciate being corrected after having more experience and education on wine than him. Food was great, ambiance not what I expected and manager left a bad taste in my mouth. Won't be back or recommend. Great steaks though but not worth it.Special Features:
- nice place to eat. with allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012nice place to eat. with all the other choices in NY i would not go back though,
- Although the food was eventuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Although the food was eventually good there were a few issues with the meal overall. First, we arrived on time for the reservation only to have to wait about 30 minutes before getting seated. Then I had to hear the "short on staff" complaint that is never accompanied by a reduction in the bill. My rack of lamb had to be done twice since the first attempt was well done when I ordered it medium rare. On the good side, the iced tea was exceptionally good. I'm not sure what type of tea it was, but it wasn't the usual Orange Pekoe. Also, the chicken and wild mushroom vol-au-vent, although not served in the traditional round pastry was tasty and plentiful. Also, despite the issues with timing and service the manager was gracious and hard worki
- Dry food. Rip off. Avoid.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012The food was terrible. What a rip off! No wonder why the photos of their celebrity customers are all from no later than 1995. They wasted a perfectly good filet mignon and lobster tail.
- Fine in a pinch.HHayesDined on 12/5/2012The grill room with the fireplace was nice, although unfortunately there was one of the ubiquitous bar televisions in it. I had the surf and turf and the quality of the filet was not what i expected, very grainy and charred on the outside, and the lobster tail was tasteless.Special Features:
- Was recommended by a local,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Was recommended by a local, was very nice. Our server was very good, as was the food.Special Features:
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2012Had a groupon for here and we were delighted by the choices we had- and a delicious meal! You walk in to an Irish Bar... clearly a happening spot... then can walk back further to a lovely dining room with leather seating and a fireplace. It was decorated for Christmas, and so cozy. The food was delicious, and the staff were attentive. We had a lovely, leisurely meal. Definitely want to go back!Special Features:
- I ordered a filet and my boyfriendTiffanyDined on 11/21/2012I ordered a filet and my boyfriend ordered the Lamb. Neither had any taste and after a few bites I focused on my house wine which was ok. The appetizer was good- a mushroom chicken dish with sauce served on top of a puff pastry. Perhaps we didn't order what they are know for, but I don't know how a chef in NY can mess up a filet.
- Great neighborhood gem!BindyVIPDined on 11/15/2012We have visited Kennedy's many times and it never fails to disappoint us. Upon arrival (at our booked time) we asked to have a drink in the bar area first, this was happily accommodated. The restaurant staff were prompt and friendly, in fact, the restaurant owner personally visited our table to enquire if our evening was going well and asked for our comment on the food, which was all very nice! The restaurant is cosy and relaxed and the menu is varied.Special Features:
- Our experience @ Kennedy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Our experience @ Kennedy's was outstanding. Food, service, mgmt of clientele fabulous. It was a clearly busy evening, but that didn't seem to distract or change the experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent food, but very slow service. The server was beyond friendly and polite, but he was not very attentive and it took forever to have our table cleared or have him come back in between courses or to get our check. We weren't in a rush though so it was fine for me. And the quality of the food more than made up for it.
- Steak was over cooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2012Steak was over cooked and grey. The service was non-existent. Awful experience.
- The Chilean seabass was excellent;SamanthaDined on 11/6/2012The Chilean seabass was excellent; not over-cooked which frequently happens. The sirloin steak was cooked perfectly. The portions are generous and the quality excellent. The Server, Mark was extremely knowledgable and attentive. The Hostess, Mary was very warmly welcoming! The restaurant is a good value.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2012Most notably, the menu that is on their website and was the reason for going there does not exist.... The staff says "it is not yet available"
- Perfect place to dine whenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2012Perfect place to dine when going to an event at Lincoln centerSpecial Features:
- This is a nice restaurant--niceKeyWestLoverDined on 9/15/2012This is a nice restaurant--nice ambience (maybe a bit stuffy but I liked it). The food was just ok--definitely not great. The Irish stew was flavorless--other than the canned gravy taste of the base. That was unfortunate since it is a signature dish. The fish and chips was very greasy and had little flavor even with vinegar. The service was very good. Not sure I'll go back to this one, though the sandwich menu looked great and might be a good place for lunch.
- Service was very attentivelindawdwDined on 7/28/2012Service was very attentive and friendly. Food was very good and prices were reasonable. We will definitely return to Kennedy's when coming to New York!Special Features: